Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
not for me I see realMyst, Mighty Switch Force and some other LRG titles have the ability to ship to other bestbuy stores 
Gunvolt Chronicles doesn't for PS4 or Switch.

Do you guys usually buy Swith versions, PS4 versions, or both?

Good thing you didn't say that on the Xbox board. Youd have multiple people block/report you and tell you that they did so lol. You are extremely right, however. Even as someone who mainly chooses Xbox, it's pretty sad. It was basically the only positive thing people had to say about the show last week too.
What's wrong with the posters in that thread? They randomly accused you and other people of being trolls even though I can't see you or what the other guy said that was trolling at all. If you say you don't like a popular game then it's trolling somehow? One guy reported your post because he went through your post history and saw you wrote in the PSN thread you said your didn't like GOT. IMO the mods should give consequences to posters who abuse the report function and waste their time with reporting posts that clearly aren't trolling because they aren't reporting your posts because your posts break the rules. They're reporting them because they're malicious and don't like you personally so they think that if they gang up on you they can get you banned.

After having missed out on Papers Please on Friday, I consoled myself by ordering a variant cover copy of Carrion.

A day or so afterwards, I got an e-mail that included a digital code for Carrion on the e-Shop. Is this something that happens regularly with Special Reserve Game titles? I might be a bit more free about picking up their titles if there are complementary digital copies in the offing. Certainly not going to complain about being able to access and play the game earlier.

Read up a little more on the games on the Limited Run site. It looks like this was an offer exclusive to Carrion in particular. It doesn't look like any of the other Special Reserve Game entries have similar offers.

All the same, I'm not complaining. I paid $30, and effectively get digital and physical. If I want to, I can keep my physical copy sealed and still enjoy the game. Already entered the code and downloaded Carrion on my Switch.

Rumor is that Cuphead will be announced for PS4 tomorrow (it has shown up on some international PSN storefronts). The other rumor is that the free DLC is being released tomorrow.

So fingers crossed for an announced physical release too.I believe whenever asked about a physical edition, they would mention the DLC not being out as the reason they won't do a physical yet since they want it all on disc/cart.

Rumor is that Cuphead will be announced for PS4 tomorrow (it has shown up on some international PSN storefronts). The other rumor is that the free DLC is being released tomorrow.

So fingers crossed for an announced physical release too.I believe whenever asked about a physical edition, they would mention the DLC not being out as the reason they won't do a physical yet since they want it all on disc/cart.
Physical copy of Cuphead on PS4 would be an automatic buy from me. Hope it comes true.

This $30 "Collector's Edition" release of Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid will likely overshadow the $60 version from LRG at Best Buy:

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/07/power-rangers-battle-for-the-grid-physical-collectors-edition-launches-october-8

Half the price, adds the Xbox One version, and includes additional content...gee, I wonder which one is better? :dunce:
Glad I held off on buying this. Funny how they call it a collector's edition, when it's probably more of a standard retail complete edition. Maybe they meant to say Collected Edition?

This $30 "Collector's Edition" release of Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid will likely overshadow the $60 version from LRG at Best Buy:

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/07/power-rangers-battle-for-the-grid-physical-collectors-edition-launches-october-8

Half the price, adds the Xbox One version, and includes additional content...gee, I wonder which one is better? :dunce:
Cool. Thanks for letting us know. Definitely interested in this SO LONG AS everything is on the disc . Hopefully, this is not a vanilla disc repackaged with a download code.

Received an email update from LRG that says the steel books and clamshells for the 'Streets of Rage 4' limited edition are expected to be in-hand the first week of August, and shipping commences mid-August. 

Think Cuphead will get a physical release? I know when the switch port was announced they said it would happen but there were no further details.

Hey LRG noob here. I've been digital for years but decided I want to get physical copies of my favorites again. Going to hunt down copies of Golf Story (preferably the non-BB cover) and Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon. How far out do we usually find out if LRG is just doing a regualr release or also a limited edition? I'm looking at Curse of the Moon 2, Bug Fables and Sports Story specifically.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey LRG noob here. I've been digital for years but decided I want to get physical copies of my favorites again. Going to hunt down copies of Golf Story (preferably the non-BB cover) and Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon. How far out do we usually find out if LRG is just doing a regualr release or also a limited edition? I'm looking at Curse of the Moon 2, Bug Fables and Sports Story specifically.
Those will definitely have a limited Edition. Usually when they announce the date they go on sale they will tweet the different versions and contents

I honestly think the LRG "Streets of Rage 4" cover looks way better than the retail one.
Me too but we seem to be in the minority on that. Never been a big fan of art that is just all the characters in various poses. Also the switch version reminds me of mcdonalds with that yellow + red color scheme lol.

Yeah I'd bet on CE for all those. I wish so hard I had grabbed the Bloodstained CE because damn I love that game... And now a sequel will look dumb on my shelf without the OG too haha.

How far out do we usually find out if LRG is just doing a regular release or also a limited edition?
All of the releases are limited. LRG doesn't make additional print runs, so the initial run is always fairly strictly limited, and remains so. The Pre-Order approach that they began using is just a way for the consumers to help determine the size of each limited run. Most of the print runs for those pre-order releases still don't break 10,000-20,000 copies, which is extremely small for any physically released game.

That said, the nature of each release is announced when the games themselves are, which is usually between two and three weeks before they actually launch. Sometimes high-profile titles will get announced even earlier. If you just keep your ear to the ground, it is usually not difficult to find out well ahead of time. It's also a good idea to follow the social media of whatever developer is releasing the game. The game's creators will usually crow about an upcoming LRG release in order to promote it.

Me too but we seem to be in the minority on that. Never been a big fan of art that is just all the characters in various poses. Also the switch version reminds me of mcdonalds with that yellow + red color scheme lol.
I just don't think the LRG one looks anything like Streets of Rage let alone that it's for a beat em up.

It appears to be unfinished dull fan art. If that's your thing, cool. Not saying the retail version is perfect but to me it's closer to the source of the actual game and the three games that came before it and evokes some feeling that a beat down is about to happen.

It appears to be unfinished dull fan art.
That doesn't even make sense frankly. And I could easily say the same thing about the retail one, it just looks like someone overlapped all the characters onto a yellow background in ms paint. It looks incredibly boring and amateur.

Also none of the SoR4 box arts (including the Bare Knuckle variant) evoke the feeling of the original games. If they wanted to do that they should have done it in the old art style which personally I would have been all for.

The LRG box art actually looks like a professional game cover. The retail one looks like unfinished box art with an ugly color pallet or random concept/fan art.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1288486732514631681?s=20
It looks like this game had its digital price reduced from its $39.99 launch price to $24.99. Hopefully the physical release is reflected of the lower price. That said, I know the game is short on content and won't have the DLC on disc.

For the collector's edition, the Dreamcast fanatic in me really wants that Dreamcast case (it'll match my 'Shenmue III' case, and I'm sensing a new trend here), and that poster is actually really cool, but the other do-dads...ick. Ok, the ring for the Move controller is neat. It's useless, but neat. But a fidget spinner? fuck why?!

Yeah, if I was still a collector in this particular scene, the deals not bad, but I don't see any mention of the foam inserts, and without those, these are incomplete IMO!

but I don't see any mention of the foam inserts, and without those, these are incomplete IMO!
A trip to Hobby Lobby, a pair of scissors, and five minutes of cutting can solve that particular problem. Foam isn't exactly hard to come by.

The replacement cases are for hard-core collectors who want to improve their older long-box titles. If you spend $100+ on a Working Designs Sega CD title, you want to make sure the case it is displayed in looks good. $8 per case doesn't seem like so much for that kind of scenario.

Casual fans who are picking up older PS1, Sega CD, and Saturn games for $10 - $20 each aren't going to care about this at all. But that's only natural.

The poster is the best part about that Space Channel 5 set, but I can’t pay that kinda price when I really just want the poster.

The poster is the best part about that Space Channel 5 set, but I can’t pay that kinda price when I really just want the poster.
I'm a bit surprised they didn't include some form of the soundtrack with the CE. If they did I would be buying it. Music plays a prominent role in the game - it makes little sense the CE doesn't include a soundtrack.

I realize Josh stated they didn't include the soundtrack because the CD soundtrack in Japan retails for $40; however they could have included that soundtrack in this CE and removed a bunch of the other fluff to keep the price close, or just included a version of the soundtrack with less songs.

I'm a bit surprised they didn't include some form of the soundtrack with the CE. If they did I would be buying it. Music plays a prominent role in the game - it makes little sense the CE doesn't include a soundtrack.

I realize Josh stated they didn't include the soundtrack because the CD soundtrack in Japan retails for $40; however they could have included that soundtrack in this CE and removed a bunch of the other fluff to keep the price close, or just included a version of the soundtrack with less songs.
Well, it wouldn't be a LRG CE if it didn't include overpriced Happy Meal junk right?

I'm curious as to why LRG is getting away with selling repros of N64 carts. I thought that was frowned upon? If they can sell repros (counterfeits) then why is it wrong for some random idiot on eBay to sell bootleg N64 games as long as they change the cartridge color or sticker image? And why are their repros so high? I thought they priced things for materials and such but if you can buy repros on Chinese sites for $10-$20 then it doesn't make sense that LRG would be charging $40 plus shipping. I also don't understand why shipping something in a bubble mailer is almost $6 from them.

I'm curious as to why LRG is getting away with selling repros of N64 carts. I thought that was frowned upon? If they can sell repros (counterfeits) then why is it wrong for some random idiot on eBay to sell bootleg N64 games as long as they change the cartridge color or sticker image? And why are their repros so high? I thought they priced things for materials and such but if you can buy repros on Chinese sites for $10-$20 then it doesn't make sense that LRG would be charging $40 plus shipping. I also don't understand why shipping something in a bubble mailer is almost $6 from them.
I haven't seen a disassembled lrg cart so I'm not sure what boards they contain, they could be using a domestic source instead of getting bulk Chinese ones

I just don't see the appeal of buying repros for the full price of a game. If it's unofficial anyway why someone buy from them instead of anyone else who can just make these in their basement? I totally get paying a premium for officially licensed limited games which I do buy and collect. But when it gets to repros that's where I draw the line. I don't see how bootleg stuff can be considered part of a collection because anyone on here could get a colored shell, put the game on a board, print out a sticker and call it a day.

I just don't see the appeal of buying repros for the full price of a game. If it's unofficial anyway why someone buy from them instead of anyone else who can just make these in their basement? I totally get paying a premium for officially licensed limited games which I do buy and collect. But when it gets to repros that's where I draw the line. I don't see how bootleg stuff can be considered part of a collection because anyone on here could get a colored shell, put the game on a board, print out a sticker and call it a day.
I don't know, it's not really any different than what companies like Iam8Bit are doing with their repros. They obtain a license from the developer/publisher so even though it's not manufactured by Nintendo, it's still a perfectly legal and authorized product. I mean if we're being honest, I doubt any of this modern stuff will maintain its value long term, so you are better off just buying what you like and not worrying about anything else.

bread's done
Back