Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I look forward to the individual releases of 'Doom,' 'Doom II' and 'Doom 3' on Switch in the near future...
It gets more and more disgusting every year. I don't even buy the games that I'm interested in from them anymore. Simply navigating the listings on the site feels slimy.

More LRG cash grab IMHO for the Doom release. I prefer those games on PC anyway since I can mod them and bought Doom 64 cheap recently. I am highly debating the Shantae Switch releases though. Games are short enough but pretty fun. Also retain value well and usually spike up.
Yeah, DOOM is a classic PC game anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:
It gets more and more disgusting every year. I don't even buy the games that I'm interested in from them anymore. Simply navigating the listings on the site feels slimy.
I feel you on this, as I removed the quick launch icon I had for them on my home page, which is a space reserved for about 8-10 sites I frequent most days. It was the only one there I used less and less over time, so I removed it awhile back, and at the same time, I unsubscribed from their mailing list as well. I figured why was I still getting emails, when there was ZERO chance of me buying anything at that point?

COVID is a convenient excuse and I'm absolutely certain it has legitimately impacted their production/shipping capabilities, but it's been bad for a while and only gotten worse. I used to post monthly updates in this thread about shipping delays (before they changed the production updates page and made it less user friendly). Here's an example from a year ago, pre-COVID, when they had almost 100 separate SKUS pending shipment (for reference, they currently have ~140).

Sure the other companies are bad too, but those companies also aren't shoveling out multiple titles every week. Whataboutism aside, the abhorrent shipping backlog and lack of communication would probably be dealbreakers in any other industry but LRG has made a small empire capitalizing on FOMO. Their stuff still sells so there's no reason they would stop or adjust, but it just feels slimy to me and it's definitely impacted the number of purchases I've made from them.
It takes them weeks to even get items that are 'in-hand' out the door at this point, it makes no sense even if you chalked covid as to blame for shipping being slow, they aren't even taking the packages and dropping them off in a timely fashion

did the PSP version also have lag?
the psp version runs perfect on psp because I have it on my actual psp.

I don't know how the psn digital psp game runs on a Vita.

The Wii version also runs fine on a actual Wii.

I never had the game on ps2 so idk.

I have the psn digital version on ps4 and I can feel a bit of lag. It is noticeable if you have ever played the originals or any metal slug. I can get use to it after a stage or two but it still is disappointing.
ps4 digital MS XX is the same way.

the psp version runs perfect on psp because I have it on my actual psp.

I don't know how the psn digital psp game runs on a Vita.

The Wii version also runs fine on a actual Wii.

I never had the game on ps2 so idk.

I have the psn digital version on ps4 and I can feel a bit of lag. It is noticeable if you have ever played the originals or any metal slug. I can get use to it after a stage or two but it still is disappointing.
ps4 digital MS XX is the same way.
Metal Slug Anthology has noticeable lag on all the versions (PS2 version less noitceably so) no matter what system you play them on. They were poorly optimized ports in general.

https://twitter.com/PMStudiosUSA/status/1305959624600768512

Includes restock on some already sold-out LRG games such as Ringo Ishikawa (17 pcs left).

Includes restock on some already sold-out LRG games such as Ringo Ishikawa (17 pcs left).
Thanks for the heads up. I finally picked up the plush from Will: A Wonderful World because I spend my money on useless (yet adorable) items and immediately get buyer’s remorse.

https://twitter.com/PMStudiosUSA/status/1305959624600768512

Like the guy above me, I also appreciate this. I was looking at buying a puppy earlier this week, but decided to pass for 10 dollar shipping. At half price, though, I went back and bought. Only 1 left in stock.

Edit: I already got a shipping notice less then 1 hour later.

I unsubscribed from their mailing list as well. I figured why was I still getting emails, when there was ZERO chance of me buying anything at that point?
I unsubscribed a long time ago because most of the time the emails announcing a sale starting came after the initial batch was sold out. I figured this thread alone was enough to keep up with most of what LRG was up to. With info spread between multiple twitter accounts, forums, and random other places it was just too much hassle to try and keep up outside of this thread.

What's up with the four Genesis games LRG is distributing? The only one that seems noticeable is Zero Wing, and that's due to the poor English translation and perhaps the fact that it was never released in the USA. The other three seem pretty uninspiring for a retro re-release. Or am I missing something?

What's up with the four Genesis games LRG is distributing? The only one that seems noticeable is Zero Wing, and that's due to the poor English translation and perhaps the fact that it was never released in the USA. The other three seem pretty uninspiring for a retro re-release. Or am I missing something?
All of them are highly regarded SHMUPS, although I suspect many SHMUP fans and collectors already own the originals as they aren't super expensive for the most part.

Great ... now when is that Shantae PS4 game going to show up at BBY?
BestBuy listings tend to go up closer to the time the games actually ship. And, unfortunately, there's no real way to tell when LRG games will ship beyond the general guesstimate on the production updates page. For reference, that still says Q3, but so do ~50 other items and we've got two weeks left in the quarter.

I couldn't bite the bullet on Shantae or Mary Skelter 2. I'm not a huge fan of Mary Skelter 2 (dungeon crawling is just OK) and the other game I'll get when it releases for like $10 or whatever. I'll just beat both digitally eventually. Couldn't after tax+shipping. 

just want to vent. Fock Limited Run Games! They are now overproducing shovelware type games like supermash. And they haven’t sent out updates on blaster master zero and shantae seven sirens.

Well, TBH, id rather they be doing shovelware than ps2 straight ports of games that can be purchased for a fraction of the cost

I couldn't bite the bullet on Shantae or Mary Skelter 2. I'm not a huge fan of Mary Skelter 2 (dungeon crawling is just OK) and the other game I'll get when it releases for like $10 or whatever. I'll just beat both digitally eventually. Couldn't after tax+shipping.
I think it would be cheaper to buy it and sell it than buy it digitally. Still available at Idea Factory's website.

I think it would be cheaper to buy it and sell it than buy it digitally. Still available at Idea Factory's website.
I agree, but I bought it on release digitally so I own it already. I would recommend others if they want to play to get the physical and sell it afterwards. It was going to be more of a fomo thing. I don't need that really.

I was just coming in here to ask about this! Thanks, I'll just grab the GBC Shantae and get the others during a sale at Best Buy or something.

[attachment=34623:119731116_2645460312449872_7088468063918739798_n.jpg]

Like the guy above me, I also appreciate this. I was looking at buying a puppy earlier this week, but decided to pass for 10 dollar shipping. At half price, though, I went back and bought. Only 1 left in stock.

Edit: I already got a shipping notice less then 1 hour later.
Finally got mine in today with some stickers and an OPUS Soundtrack code. I feel better about my purchase now.

So both Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy are out, but if you bought the bundle the slip cover is what's up holding it upfrom being shipped haha. Wow. Guess I'll keep waiting.

There's not even a game in that Doom bundle! Couldn't be bothered to throw in a $5 code for Steam or Bethesda Store?
Not only that, but the poster isn't new. It came with the collection that was re-released on Xbox 360/Xbox One. I have it hanging on my game room wall right now. The only difference is the Xbox release poster has the "Doom" logo in large letters centered at the top like the original box art, and the LRG poster has it small in the top left corner.

Anyone have any insider info on when the physical version of Kentucky Route Zero for Switch will ship? Feels like I placed that order ages ago ... kind of regret it actually.

Not only that, but the poster isn't new. It came with the collection that was re-released on Xbox 360/Xbox One. I have it hanging on my game room wall right now. The only difference is the Xbox release poster has the "Doom" logo in large letters centered at the top like the original box art, and the LRG poster has it small in the top left corner.
I did not know that. If the $5 game code was included, the price of the product would probably increase by $10...

Not sure if this is actually limited, but posting here anyway:

Dungreed_09-23-20-1536x864.jpg

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/09/dungreed-for-ps4-switch-launches-october-27-in-the-west

Dungreed will launch digitally for PlayStation 4 and Switch on October 27 in the west for $14.99, publisher Nicalis and developer Team Horay announced.
A $29.99 physical edition will also be available via the Nicalis Online Store (PlayStation 4, Switch), which includes a full-color instruction manual, reversible cover insert, and the game’s soundtrack on a full-sized audio CD with a jewel case.

Anyone have any insider info on when the physical version of Kentucky Route Zero for Switch will ship? Feels like I placed that order ages ago ... kind of regret it actually.
iam8bit just sent out an email with an update

Kentucky Route Zero (Switch) – Ships November - December
Kentucky Route Zero (PS4) – Ships November - December

So both Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy are out, but if you bought the bundle the slip cover is what's up holding it upfrom being shipped haha. Wow. Guess I'll keep waiting.
I guess I'm waiting a bit longer.

Where do you find information about when items are in? I have like 6 orders placed and none of them show anything other than in production

So with "Q3" rapidly closing, how many of these games are gonna actually ship when the site says they will?
I have no idea, although @LimitedRunGames did tweet last week that Shantae and the Seven Sirens was still on for Q3, which would obviously make it any day now. (And that Blaster Master Zero would be October.)

Blaster Master was one I'm looking for. Looks like outer wilds is on deck, wizard of legend still generically q3.

Iam8bit blew q3 on a bunch of their stuff too.

bread's done
Back