Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
SNEAKY LRG
They dont mention that on their website

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I think the same thing happened with that super expensive Detroit: Become Human PC CE. It was also sold on the developer's website and LRG made no mention of that.

Are these games any good?
i haven't played either but watched a bunch of reviews and gameplay videos for both. decided to go with only Swords of Ditto in the end. i love classic Zelda games so it looked fun to me. Crossing Souls looked very interesting at first, but the gameplay didn't really seem all that great. also, threw in Enter The Gungeon as it reminds me of Binding of Isaac.

It looks like LRG has updated the estimated shipping dates for a bunch of games. Shantae and the Seven Sirens is now listed as October instead of Q3. Panzer Dragoon is now listed as Q4 (reflecting the updates they sent out a while back).

It looks like LRG has updated the estimated shipping dates for a bunch of games. Shantae and the Seven Sirens is now listed as October instead of Q3. Panzer Dragoon is now listed as Q4 (reflecting the updates they sent out a while back).
notsurprisedkirk.jpg

Feels like Panzer Dragoon may just sour me on LRG. I ordered it along with other games like Streets of Rage 4. So of course none of them have shipped and Rage has had a physical edition out for a while. Maybe they shouldn't take on so many games if they can't get anything out in a reasonable time frame. 

Of course they waited till the very last day of "Q3" to do that.

EDIT: I think I'd tolerate LRG's business practices a lot more if they had more transparency and kept people better informed of the status of their stuff. I get bombarded with info from them about stuff that I can buy from them, but no details about when I'll be getting stuff I've already ordered months ago. They give off the vibe that they care more about getting new orders, but that they'll get around to actually DELIVERING on those orders "Whenever they get around to it" and if people complain, they can just blame "These challenging times (tm)"

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish there was some way to track the release dates on their games and see how many of their games are actually delivered in the time frame they originally say they would be.

I still have not received a shipping notice on my Atooi Collection 3DS, their CS just said they were experiencing shipping delays and it would be shipped soon. This was on Sept 16.

yup. they just take our money. the boss use our money to buy his game collection. now hes trying to find initial D arcade cabinets.
I don't really follow twitter but it feels like whenever I see him respond with things like "we're losing money on this", "barely breaking even" or "we're not in it for the money" and then I also see his amazing personal collection- I just sit and think about those televangelists who ask for money from their massive, opulent churches.

But unfortunately, I feel like we're just going to see more and more publishers going digital only and have to settle on groups like LRG for physical copies. I mean, I'm embarrassed by how much I've spent at LRG this year. And it seems like they have no shortage of fans either.

Feels like Panzer Dragoon may just sour me on LRG. I ordered it along with other games like Streets of Rage 4. So of course none of them have shipped and Rage has had a physical edition out for a while. Maybe they shouldn't take on so many games if they can't get anything out in a reasonable time frame.
I was soured by Golf Story. Said it was on hand when really it was just the cartridges on hand, they hadn't sent them to the packer so they'd be ready to ship. Took a couple months... again, for a game they said was on hand and ready to ship. The game had a build that was so old it didn't have a major update that fixed a bug that could force you to completely restart the game ... and that update came out a year before hand. It just made me second guess ever buying games from them. Plus for a long time it registered as the wrong region, so no way to initially get the gold coins for the purchase.

That all said, for the right game with the right conditions met (complete on cart with bug fixes... etc)... I'd still buy from LRG. But I know better than combine shipping with something else. That's just asking for extra delays on top of the already extensive delays and by time I get the game I might just lose interest... or feel so burned by the experience that I just don't even want to play it.

That all said, for the right game with the right conditions met (complete on cart with bug fixes... etc)... I'd still buy from LRG. But I know better than combine shipping with something else. That's just asking for extra delays on top of the already extensive delays and by time I get the game I might just lose interest... or feel so burned by the experience that I just don't even want to play it.
I had the same feeling earlier this year. I preordered two games from Strictly Limited games, and they got delayed for so long, now they finally shipped a week ago and I'm really not even excited to play them anymore, it's more just like a "About freaking time" type of reaction. I'm starting to have the same feeling about Shantae and Panzer Dragoon now too, I'm no longer excited about playing them. It'd be better if I bought the game digitally when it first came out so I could play it right away, then get the phyical copy for posterity later, but then I'd be paying double for the game and that's not a great option either.

It'd be better if I bought the game digitally when it first came out so I could play it right away, then get the phyical copy for posterity later, but then I'd be paying double for the game and that's not a great option either.
It's kind of ironic, but the physical wait on some games has made me opt to go digital more often and just skip the physical completely. Especially if the digital has a great sale. For the vast majority of cheap indie games, digital is good enough for me... especially after Golf Story and realizing my copy would be less enjoyable in the future if the patch wasn't available to prevent that game breaking bug. There are only rare situations I would ever double dip. So this has saved me a lot of money in the long run and given me games sooner. Even though I still value physical and buy games in my favorite series or that seriously appeal to me in physical format... thankfully the majority of those games go to retail.

It's a shame Shantae went limited print only on a bunch of releases. I still have ways to play the games between my N3DSXL (eshop, dsi-ware, physical carts) and Switch... but will wait for BestBuy to get Seven Sirens before deciding to get it or not.

I don't really follow twitter but it feels like whenever I see him respond with things like "we're losing money on this", "barely breaking even" or "we're not in it for the money" and then I also see his amazing personal collection- I just sit and think about those televangelists who ask for money from their massive, opulent churches.

But unfortunately, I feel like we're just going to see more and more publishers going digital only and have to settle on groups like LRG for physical copies. I mean, I'm embarrassed by how much I've spent at LRG this year. And it seems like they have no shortage of fans either.
No other small publisher is able to sell thousands of copies very week. They also have no trouble selling out or finding new developers to work with. They are going to be around for a long time

No other small publisher is able to sell thousands of copies very week. They also have no trouble selling out or finding new developers to work with. They are going to be around for a long time
Likely, but not necessarily. Switch collecting allowed them to grow into what they are today but will the next gen do the same thing when Switch tapers off? Switch is already not as hot collecting wise as it was a couple years ago with LRG and others cannibalizing their own biggest market. And no one knows anything about PS5/Xbox Series X yet. What the minimum order quantities will be, how hard they're gonna try to pivot to digital, even if dedicated collecting for the systems will ever take off. If you're not growing, you're stagnating and I could see a future where LRG decline pretty fast with all the ill will they've built up.

Likely, but not necessarily. Switch Vita collecting allowed them to grow into what they are today but will the next gen do the same thing when Switch tapers off? Switch is already not as hot collecting wise as it was a couple years ago with LRG and others cannibalizing their own biggest market. And no one knows anything about PS5/Xbox Series X yet. What the minimum order quantities will be, how hard they're gonna try to pivot to digital, even if dedicated collecting for the systems will ever take off. If you're not growing, you're stagnating and I could see a future where LRG decline pretty fast with all the ill will they've built up.
FTFY

By this point people know the LRG guys spew BS. They pretty much have since the beginning.

Did you get the regular or collector's edition? I got collector's and it still says "In Production," so fingers crossed it ships soon :bouncy:
I did just the original. Strange, on the LRG website, it says In Production, but the email says Your Order Has Been Scheduled For Shipment. It did provide a tracking number and it's awaiting pickup.

Vita collecting brought them into the market but Switch collecting allowed them to maintain relevance and expand when Vita got 86ed. If they didn't have Switch right now they'd have just a modest PS4 market to work with.

Vita collecting brought them into the market but Switch collecting allowed them to maintain relevance and expand when Vita got 86ed. If they didn't have Switch right now they'd have just a modest PS4 market to work with.
NS games are insane... it seems like every other game they release is going for insane prices.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/1312192868375642113?s=20
Still waiting for my Atooi Collection... nothing else ordered with it and a game they've had on hand apparently from everything I've seen since it was up for order.

Does anyone know if Toaplan Collection is pre-order only? I know limited run isn't the only place selling pre-orders, but I can't find anyone if it's going to be for sale on any storefronts or just pre-order only.

I want that package but with the new consoles in a few weeks money is tight. I would love to pick this up in January or something.

I agree with your points about the switch releases, except the part about vita only bringing them into the market. Vita did that AND helped them grow into what they are now, that is a fact.

If they nixed vita releases well before they offered Switch ones, things would be very different now.

There were still a decent number of vita releases being offered when they first offered Switch games, and so they have been operating more or less the same now as they as during the trail end of vita releases. Switch has only allowed them to maintain their market to your point.

Does anyone know if Toaplan Collection is pre-order only? I know limited run isn't the only place selling pre-orders, but I can't find anyone if it's going to be for sale on any storefronts or just pre-order only.

I want that package but with the new consoles in a few weeks money is tight. I would love to pick this up in January or something.
It looks like other sources like Castlemania don't have a firm order cutoff date. I suspect you'll still be able to order in January when the release date is allegedly set.

I’m still waiting for my $150 Streets Of Rage 4 Limited Edition for The Nintendo Switch.
Unfortunately with LRG the more limited the edition of the game is, the longer it takes to get all the parts together and then send them off to get assembled. C19 made what was a long process even longer. NEVER order anything you aren't willing to wait however long it takes. Even if that's a year.

Thankfully I'm not about limited edition games at all... standard edition is my preference as it's easier to store the box and still enjoy having a game in physical form.

bread's done
Back