Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Just got an email Kunai was prepping shipment. Not a bad week at all. 3/6 of my orders going through.

Ys Origins, Shantae and the Seven Sirens and Kunai.

Just need my Star Wars Outcast/Academy pack, Jay and Silent Bob and Star Wars Pod Racer

If you enjoyed the original Duke Nukem 3D, Ion Fury runs the same engine.  I played it at a friend's house and found it entertaining. 

I wonder when Best Buy will get the Shantae games.
I just wanted to remind people to preorder this as soon as it is available at Best Buy as BB lately has been ordering less and less stock of LRG games. Mighty Switch Force Collection is already out of most stores in my area and The Missing seems to be headed in that direction. The Shantae games will be another River City Girls situation at BB, selling out super fast.

I just wanted to remind people to preorder this as soon as it is available at Best Buy as BB lately has been ordering less and less stock of LRG games. Mighty Switch Force Collection is already out of most stores in my area and The Missing seems to be headed in that direction. The Shantae games will be another River City Girls situation at BB, selling out super fast.
Would it actually be a preorder at BB? I don't think that's the case with Shantae. I think it's more akin to BB having purchased an undisclosed volume from LRG for its retail stores to carry. My worry is that like some other LRG titles at BB, this one may not even show up on the website. Hopefully not.

Anyone know if Chasm is worth it? They are asking $34.99 which is actually more than I thought they would charge for it. Looks kind of fun, but reviews seem to indicate that the game is, overall, quite mediocre. Not sure if anything has changed since release to make it a worthwhile purchase.

Thanks in advance.

Anyone know if Chasm is worth it? They are asking $34.99 which is actually more than I thought they would charge for it. Looks kind of fun, but reviews seem to indicate that the game is, overall, quite mediocre. Not sure if anything has changed since release to make it a worthwhile purchase.

Thanks in advance.
Little below average story, decent enough gameplay, a bit generic at times, decent exploration. Overall it's like a 6.5/10 game for me. Average but worth playing. I wouldn't own it physically as I finished it and never want to play it again. Also didn't 100% it.

Thanks in advance.
I enjoyed the game on Vita and decided to buy the Play-Asia physical release because it supports a new trophy list.

Its a solid game and they added lots of extra content after the initial release. It starts really slow but picks up after you get some better equipment. If you like the genre I think you would enjoy the game. I think the soundtrack and the art design is really great. I am personally not interested in this release because I supported the vita physical release.

Last edited by a moderator:
Little below average story, decent enough gameplay, a bit generic at times, decent exploration. Overall it's like a 6.5/10 game for me. Average but worth playing. I wouldn't own it physically as I finished it and never want to play it again. Also didn't 100% it.
Thank you, kindly. May grab it at the last minute or just opt for Ion Fury instead.

I enjoyed the game on Vita and decided to buy the Play-Asia physical release because it supports a new trophy list.

Its a solid game and they added lots of extra content after the initial release. It starts really slow but picks up after you get some better equipment. If you like the genre I think you would enjoy the game. I think the soundtrack and the art design is really great. I am personally not interested in this release because I supported the vita physical release.
I appreciate the feedback. I was curious if there was any new content post- release. Glad to know there was.

I missed out on Brigandine on switch, where it would be preferred. Now I have to decide if I’m just gonna get it for PS4, or if I pay inflated second hand prices. Maybe I’ll just go digital, I dunno.

I missed out on Brigandine on switch, where it would be preferred. Now I have to decide if I’m just gonna get it for PS4, or if I pay inflated second hand prices. Maybe I’ll just go digital, I dunno.
Yeah, missed out too. Been stalking ebay for the last couple of months but could never pull the trigger.

But with the PS4 coming and seeing as I have the first one for PS1, I'm glad I didn't (I like to keep series within the same platform if possible).

Here's hoping Switch prices will go down (a bit) after the PS4 ones start hitting the secondary market...

Would it actually be a preorder at BB? I don't think that's the case with Shantae. I think it's more akin to BB having purchased an undisclosed volume from LRG for its retail stores to carry. My worry is that like some other LRG titles at BB, this one may not even show up on the website. Hopefully not.
Yeah, most LRG games sold at BB are usually sold as preorders first until they have stock on hand (usually within a few weeks).

Which ones have never showed up at the BB website? As far as I remember every LRG game sold at BB has eventually landed on the BB website, though two were a little late getting there and showed up in stores first (Aegis Defenders, Mighty Switch Force Collection).

I'm almost certain the Asian releases have English options, so definitely look at importing before eBay.

I don’t think they’ve got the slipcover 2 pack of Star Wars ready yet. I ordered that one only because it was $5 cheaper than ordering both games separately. Even though it’s just both cases in a sleeve.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1316061318466752519?s=20
Who in their right mind would buy this version of the game when the remake just came out and you can get it for about $20 right now. Its a really great remake too. The only problem I had with the remake was the loading times other than that it was very well done.

Who in their right mind would buy this version of the game when the remake just came out and you can get it for about $20 right now. Its a really great remake too. The only problem I had with the remake was the loading times other than that it was very well done.
You mean you don't want to pay $35 + tax and wait six months for the old version?

Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.jpg

Fatal Fury is a maybe, I like that it is bundling multiple games from the series. And I always love a little classic NeoGeo. Destroy All Humans is a hard pass. I turned down all of the Jak and Daxter PS2 re-releases. I have the means to re-play the original copies on the PS2, which I already have. Ditto for Destroy all Humans. And has already been pointed out, there is a brand-new actual remaster available right now.

Mummy: Demastered is a definite yes. Heard nothing but good things about that one, and it's a WayForward game. One of the very rare instances where the movie was trash, and the game produced to accompany it was great.

Fatal Fury is a maybe, I like that it is bundling multiple games from the series. And I always love a little classic NeoGeo. Destroy All Humans is a hard pass. I turned down all of the Jak and Daxter PS2 re-releases. I have the means to re-play the original copies on the PS2, which I already have. Ditto for Destroy all Humans. And has already been pointed out, there is a brand-new actual remaster available right now.

Mummy: Demastered is a definite yes. Heard nothing but good things about that one, and it's a WayForward game. One of the very rare instances where the movie was trash, and the game produced to accompany it was great.
The Fatal Fury collection is also a PS2 re-release. It was $14.99 at the time.

I thought the movie was a pretty good popcorn flick and was worth watching. Granted I didn't see it in theaters but rather waited till there was a free preview for one of the movie channels it was on to DVR and watch it. It wasn't trash. I'm tempted by the game... but I've resisted so many games at this point, I'll probably just keep resisting and will get it digital someday when I have the itch to actually play it.

The Fatal Fury collection is also a PS2 re-release. It was $14.99 at the time.
Oooo, yeah. Good catch. The price doesn't matter to me so much. The discerning used game purchaser can get any number of PS2 games for a song. But I initially thought this was a 3-pack release of the recent digital NeoGeo re-releases we've been seeing lately. Most of those have been pretty good. But a digital port of a PS2 title is not what I'm interested in. That will be a pass as well. The only way I'd consider one of those is if the original title was extremely rare, or if significant re-mastering work was done on it. At the very least you've got to try boosting frame rates and possibly native rendering resolutions. (although this would be less significant for 2D titles) Just a straight digital PS2 port is not enough.

Honestly never even heard of Mummy Demastered, but it's a Wayforward title? Anyone play it/have thoughts? Besides Shantae, WF does a pretty decent job with some games. 

I want The Mummy just cause it's weird to be honest, licensed 2D games like that don't really get made anymore. Unless it's WF I guess, they also did that 2D point and click Goosebumps game that was way better then I figured it'd be when I heard that there was a tie-in game for the movie.

Honestly never even heard of Mummy Demastered, but it's a Wayforward title? Anyone play it/have thoughts? Besides Shantae, WF does a pretty decent job with some games.
It is an awesome metroidvania.

Get it, physically or digitally if you don't get it from LRG. It is $9.99 on sale right now on PSN.

Actually a hidden gem. There were a lot of people asking for it to go physical. It's one of the most surprising licensed titles I've ever seen.

WayForward has a long history of doing surprisingly good licensed titles. They have also done a very large number of licensed titles. They frequently take on licensing jobs in order to make money to support their independent efforts. They were responsible for the Thor title on the Nintendo DS, and the Batman: Brave and the Bold tie-in games on the DS and Wii. They even did an Alien title on the DS. (Infestation)

It is an awesome metroidvania.

Get it, physically or digitally if you don't get it from LRG. It is $9.99 on sale right now on PSN.
I honestly would have never guessed it was a metroidvania game going off the title or the cover art, especially not with The Mummy movie franchise tie in. After watching some game play videos, I'm going to pick it up on psn for sure while it's on sale and decide on LRG later.

LRG just announced 'Hitman 3,' and holy shit it's $80 for all versions with digital crap, a couple of which you need an IO account for, and nothing else! This isn't a numbered LRG, and supposedly retailers will have a physical version for sale too.

LRG just announced 'Hitman 3,' and holy shit it's $80 for all versions with digital crap, a couple of which you need an IO account for, and nothing else! This isn't a numbered LRG, and supposedly retailers will have a physical version for sale too.
The only way I thought they could get away with that is if it was the only physical version. If it's not, it's just hilarious that LRG is exclusively selling a more expensive version with digital codes.

bread's done
Back