Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Damn. They're milking that Shenmue III Complete Edition. Forcing you to buy a $150 CE for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would pre-ordering LRG stuff from BB be the smart decision? What are the chances of missing out if you wait until they're actually released?
I usually see LRG stuff at Best Buy, but if it's something you really want, I'd preorder it. Some of their stuff like River City Girls goes fast. On a more positive note, I got my copy of Panzer Dragoon yesterday, and I got my shipping notice for Shantae CE and the plush. Now all I have outstanding from LRG is Grandia collection.

I usually see LRG stuff at Best Buy, but if it's something you really want, I'd preorder it. Some of their stuff like River City Girls goes fast. On a more positive note, I got my copy of Panzer Dragoon yesterday, and I got my shipping notice for Shantae CE and the plush. Now all I have outstanding from LRG is Grandia collection.
I got my Shantae stuff shipping notice a week ago and was hoping it would be here by now but it hasn't even been picked up yet. They should just avoid sending out a shipping email unless the package was actually picked up.

I got my Shantae stuff shipping notice a week ago and was hoping it would be here by now but it hasn't even been picked up yet. They should just avoid sending out a shipping email unless the package was actually picked up.
There's a good chance you won't get Shantae until maybe even next year. It took them months to finally ship one of my order after sending a shipping notice. I have been trying to avoid them ever since. They are like gamestop to me where I only buy stuff there if it is the only option.

I agree with this. Best Buy is taking preorders of some games they've already ordered so once they sell through, that's it for that inventory. I can't imagine BB ordered more LRG stock for PS4 games than they have in the past. If anything, BB has probably less of most of the "newer" LRG games it is offering for preorder now.

As for LRG shipping, may be this is too cynical, but I think LRG woild priortize sending games to BB over its single customers given the retail relationship is more important to them money-wise.

I made my first ever order from LRG in July (Ys Origin Collectors Edition for Switch) and reading through this forum is not inspiring much confidence. Despite the standard edition being shipped out, the collector's is showing an estimated shipping date of Q1 2021, which I call bull on because they're probably going to be putting the same artbook and soundtrack in the box that the old PS4 and Vita Ys Origin LRG releases had, meaning only the poster and steelbook are brand new items that need to be crafted from scratch. Not only that, now I'm seeing that whenever I do get a shipping confirmation, it won't actually move for at least a month? While I understand that waiting four months for an order isn't uncommon with these guys and I should be more patient, that still really shouldn't be all that acceptable, especially when said company is showing off Shibuya offices and trying to push $150 Shenmue III sets and blind boxes of their leftovers.

Needless to say, as blueweltall implied, unless I MUST have something LRG offers, I'll be keeping my distance in the future.

Yeah the the latest Shenmue crap is bullshit.  They are releasing the only physical copy of the complete edition and making you buy a $150 - $170 (after taxes and shipping) CE for it.  It's 3000 copies, so are you telling me they couldn't allocate something like 2000 copies to a standard and 1000 to the CE? All this after they already released a $100 CE of the base game last year.  No thanks LRG - thanks for driving me away from collecting physical games.

Yeah the the latest Shenmue crap is bullshit. They are releasing the only physical copy of the complete edition and making you buy a $150 - $170 (after taxes and shipping) CE for it. It's 3000 copies, so are you telling me they couldn't allocate something like 2000 copies to a standard and 1000 to the CE? All this after they already released a $100 CE of the base game last year. No thanks LRG - thanks for driving me away from collecting physical games.
Not surprising. They have a firm "exclusive" here, at least as the publisher for now, and I'm sure they'll sell through all of them. Can't blame a company for wanting to maximize profits. They're not a charity or government agency, folks.

Not surprising. They have a firm "exclusive" here, at least as the publisher for now, and I'm sure they'll sell through all of them. Can't blame a company for wanting to maximize profits. They're not a charity or government agency, folks.
Seems like a missed opportunity to do a 4 week standard edition preorder as they would probably sell a ton. Guess that 3k is a hard limit? Don't really care for any of the ce stuff - I just want the game.

Seems like a missed opportunity to do a 4 week standard edition preorder as they would probably sell a ton. Guess that 3k is a hard limit? Don't really care for any of the ce stuff - I just want the game.
I don't think it'd sell anywhere near what you're thinking. 3000 sounds about right for this game. It's not like it wasn't already published, and it didn't do well.

I don't think it'd sell anywhere near what you're thinking. 3000 sounds about right for this game. It's not like it wasn't already published, and it didn't do well.
I mean the $100 CE was a 5k run and that sold out fairly quickly. For a standard complete edition preorderable for a month, 3k+ would seem more than doable, especially if it is exclusive like they say it is.

edit: Ok nvm apparently they tried for a standalone but couldn't do it...
[media]https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/1329558662944350208[/media]

I wouldn't mind the complete collection too, because I love when DLC is on disc, but yeah. The hell. And the typical day-before-release announcement.

This "complexity" or selling more crap with games, whatever, I think in general LRG needs to be better with the contracts they make. It seems time and time again they paint themselves into a corner with contracts. 

I wonder how much better LRG would run if people that really knew what they were doing were running it.

Also, is there a track list for the soundtrack somewhere (I can't find one)? How are they getting six CDs worth of music out of one game? Are they mostly one minute interludes? SO MANY QUESTIONS!

Also, is there a track list for the soundtrack somewhere (I can't find one)? How are they getting six CDs worth of music out of one game? Are they mostly one minute interludes? SO MANY QUESTIONS!
My guess is it's full of soundclips of Shenmue III's Oscar-worthy voice acting.

Lol yes we can. We are not, in any way, compelled to accept bullshit practices no matter how profitable they are. They deserve all the grief they're getting for this one. For a company whose stated goal is game preservation, locking the only complete-on-disc edition of a game behind an outrageously priced CE is gross and pathetic.

Just got caught up... shenmue is one of my favorite series of all time.  The original game ... easily one of my favorite games and often I would say it is my favorite game.  But... $150 for that complete version of shenmue 3?  Hell no.  I hope the real reason they aren't doing a standard version is because someone else is doing it and bringing it to retail.

Just got caught up... shenmue is one of my favorite series of all time. The original game ... easily one of my favorite games and often I would say it is my favorite game. But... $150 for that complete version of shenmue 3? Hell no. I hope the real reason they aren't doing a standard version is because someone else is doing it and bringing it to retail.
They are claiming there will be no retail version and that this was the only way Deep Silver would let them release the patched/DLC complete version at all.

I think the tides started turning in 2019. They clearly shifted from an emphasis in preservation to an emphasis in profit and there are a lot of negative ripples there - no more rewards program, the insane shipping backlog, etc. They've pretty well burned through their good will, but they're still able to get the biggest licenses and sell plenty of units so I doubt it'll stop any time soon.

There's a good post about it on Reddit here. Cites one of my old posts about the shipping backlog, which is neat.

Yeah I've been waiting for MONTHS for Grandia and Shantae 1&2 and the point that they made in that thread about taking forever to actually deliver on the product is so true.

Let's just all agree Josh is a fucking piece of shit and Doug is his simp that refused to stand up to his bullshit so he could buy more anime figures

I think the tides started turning in 2019. They clearly shifted from an emphasis in preservation to an emphasis in profit and there are a lot of negative ripples there - no more rewards program, the insane shipping backlog, etc. They've pretty well burned through their good will, but they're still able to get the biggest licenses and sell plenty of units so I doubt it'll stop any time soon.

There's a good post about it on Reddit here. Cites one of my old posts about the shipping backlog, which is neat.
Blaming their shipping backlog on covid was really pathetic, they took the cop out for the fact they are incompetent

They are claiming there will be no retail version and that this was the only way Deep Silver would let them release the patched/DLC complete version at all.
For all we know, Deep Silver isn't a fan of LRG nowadays, either, and we'll still see a standard edition at retailers later on.

For all we know, Deep Silver isn't a fan of LRG nowadays, either, and we'll still see a standard edition at retailers later on.
I don't know, there are a ton of copies of the original release sitting at retail despite multiple clearances, so I doubt they are going to be eager to release this version that will only appeal to that narrow niche that cares about having the DLC on disc.

My shantae CE came in today. Excellent packaging, however I purchased a CE protector and it wasn't the right size nor was the CE put inside it. Box arrived perfectly tho. Steelbook is beautiful.

Just wanted to stop by and mention that I've gone from having a complete collection, to missing most of the last 10 releases, and this Shenmue 3 bullshit is probably the final nail in the coffin. I got let go from my job (where I had all of my orders shipped since I was in charge of receiving) in September and had 12 outstanding orders. They couldn't change the address on 3 of them, despite 2 not shipping until this month, so now I have to wait for them to be returned to sender, and I may not even get my items since they're "returned to inventory." SRG was able to change the address on my Mother Russia Bleeds order without issue.

Now they're concentrating on a fucking retail store, so some fucks in North Carolina can buy shit to flip while people that have supported them since Day 1 can wait and eat shit. Awesome. 

Every time I stop in this thread I learn something new and even shittier about these jabronis, and still haven't gotten even one of my games.

I got the mummy and now I'm out until something big comes along that I can't ignore.

Every time I stop in this thread I learn something new and even shittier about these jabronis, and still haven't gotten even one of my games.

I got the mummy and now I'm out until something big comes along that I can't ignore.
Wow even bother getting the Mummy through them when Best Buy will carry it?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Wow even bother getting the Mummy through them when Best Buy will carry it?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I mean, of late LRG isnt even disclosing if their games are gonna be at Best Buy until after the preorders close, not shady at all

My shantae CE came in today. Excellent packaging, however I purchased a CE protector and it wasn't the right size nor was the CE put inside it. Box arrived perfectly tho. Steelbook is beautiful.
My mega bundle is still waiting for UPS to pick it up (over a week now) but I really hope it doesn't get picked up any time soon because I'm out of town starting today and until next Saturday. Do not want USPS holding my package.

I'm still trying to figure out how people are still lining up to give these people money. They have only been successful because their customers make worse decisions than they do. For all the money flowing, I can't comprehend how they can be so abysmal with getting orders out. I was very happy to buy Accounting+ on sale at BBY because it was lower than they ever charged.

bread's done
Back