Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Iam8bit sent out a email stating the game is still due in December but IMO the slog of USPS and other shipping services is going to push that to next year for most.

LRG needs to take a break from releasing any new games in 2021 and just ship everything that's out. I know they probably have Madden 2001, Turok Evolution, the original Mega Man 1, and King of Fighters '95 for the PS4 planned and we're all excited about those but come on.

Got an email from LRG that said "Why you need Monkey Island Anthology..." And I thought, why? So I can get it 8 months from now? I'm still waiting on Grandia for the switch

Got an email from LRG that said "Why you need Monkey Island Anthology..." And I thought, why? So I can get it 8 months from now? I'm still waiting on Grandia for the switch
Yeah I really wanted to buy the Grandia collection on Switch but my opinion of LRG and my motivation for buying from them had fallen so far that I never got around to ordering it. Got really tired of waiting 8-12months for my previous game orders from them.

I've been saying this (much less eloquently) for years. For every Earthbound there are hundreds, if not thousands, of games below their MSRP. It's an incredibly volatile market that nobody hoping to prosper really has any control over. All this word salad to say - I wholeheartedly agree.
EarthBound isn't even that rare, it's an artificial scarcity to jump prices up. Game hit super clearance back in the day and a lot of copies were produced, the problem is most are in the hands of resellers who know they'll sucker someone out of their money. Same with New Mutants 98 (First Deadpool comic) it is NOT a rare book, I know some people with 20+ copies because they were rotting in back issue bins for ages... but due to him gaining popularity, people realized they could jack the price up and someone would (eventually) pay it.

Not just that, but it costs way too much and includes too much junk I wouldn't want. I've been a huge fan of the series since playing the original on Amiga many years ago, and I'd be happy to get a collector's edition of the games, but not what LRG is offering.

Gotta love when YouTubers like MJR showcase their favorite CEs of the year and one of them is an LRG distributed title that hasn’t even shipped out yet (Deliver Us to the Moon). Guess I should’ve bought the PAL version like he did

Safe to assume most if not all Q4 2020 "to ship" is goin to be Q3 2021 now?
The updated estimated ship date for Grandia HD Collection is probably somewhere around Q3-2021-Q42025. There will probably be a Grandia HD Trilogy released at retail by the time their Grandia HD Collection ships.

I love seeing CAGs unite over how shitty LRG is nowadays.

In b4 that one shill comes in and tells people "but we said months in advance and tentative release dates!"

yeah..as if any of the 2020 Q4 games I have are actually going to ship lol. I'm sure that'll be Q4 "fiscal" year, so maybe 2021..

It certainly beats the old days when if you made any suggestion on how the company could possibly improve their service it was met with hate, one of the owners would stalk you in other threads, and you'd be generally attacked by the lrg defense club. All for suggesting (nicely might I add) that maybe they should consider looking at some other types of shipping materials to help solve the ps4 loose disc issue so many were having here. It was then I realized the dudes running the company were a-holes and there was no point in expecting anything more from LRG's quality control as any other passionless company.

It certainly beats the old days when if you made any suggestion on how the company could possibly improve their service it was met with hate, one of the owners would stalk you in other threads, and you'd be generally attacked by the lrg defense club. All for suggesting (nicely might I add) that maybe they should consider looking at some other types of shipping materials to help solve the ps4 loose disc issue so many were having here. It was then I realized the dudes running the company were a-holes and there was no point in expecting anything more from LRG's quality control as any other passionless company.
In fairness, the loose disc thing was stupid and is not something that is in any way unique to LRG. Ultimately, their solution of using boxes if you ordered more than one item with one being a PS4 game helped, but it didn't completely solve the loose disc issue. That's really a Sony issue and should have been addressed by Sony with the PS5, but of course it wasn't. Unfortunately, loose PS5 discs could actually suffer damage due to their higher density, so I imagine it's going to be a real problem this generation.

In fairness, the loose disc thing was stupid and is not something that is in any way unique to LRG. Ultimately, their solution of using boxes if you ordered more than one item with one being a PS4 game helped, but it didn't completely solve the loose disc issue. That's really a Sony issue and should have been addressed by Sony with the PS5, but of course it wasn't. Unfortunately, loose PS5 discs could actually suffer damage due to their higher density, so I imagine it's going to be a real problem this generation.
As bojay1997 correctly notes, the loose disc is a Sony issue, not an LRG issue. It's the way those cases are designed that causes the discs to not slip in entirely during manufacturing.

Of course, did Sony fix this problem with PS5? Nope! That said, I've not yet experienced a big issue given blurays have protective coatings that usually protect it against scratches. I've heard, however, that PS5 discs (e.g. UHD discs) do NOT have the same layer of protective coatings and thus are more vulnerable to scratches/scruffs.

So, in other words, may become more of an issue with PS5 releases. Sounds so next gen, doesn't it? Ugh.

I loved their email about "guys, we're behind on shipping and backlogged" that was sent out a few weeks ago and then they just continued with "order this week's shit" emails.

I loved their email about "guys, we're behind on shipping and backlogged" that was sent out a few weeks ago and then they just continued with "order this week's shit" emails.
They've been doing this for 2+ years.

Last edited by a moderator:
At this point, the only game that would cause me to order (despite having outstanding orders) is Scott Pilgrim for PS4. Even then, if there was any hint it was coming to Best Buy, then I'd wait. I get there is a log-jam, and while not entirely LRG's fault, the company's decision to continue to pile on even more to the backlog IS now making it their fault.

As bojay1997 correctly notes, the loose disc is a Sony issue, not an LRG issue. It's the way those cases are designed that causes the discs to not slip in entirely during manufacturing.

Of course, did Sony fix this problem with PS5? Nope! That said, I've not yet experienced a big issue given blurays have protective coatings that usually protect it against scratches. I've heard, however, that PS5 discs (e.g. UHD discs) do NOT have the same layer of protective coatings and thus are more vulnerable to scratches/scruffs.

So, in other words, may become more of an issue with PS5 releases. Sounds so next gen, doesn't it? Ugh.
I think every single PS4 game I've ever had shipped to my house had the disc rattling around the case, whether it was in a bubble mailer or a box, with the possible exception of special editions (and even then I can think of ones that were loose when I dug the game out of the pile of included loot).

I've scaled way back on LRG as there is no way I can justify the long turnarounds and I'm afraid they will run into a cash flow pinch the way they are going.

I really hope LRG fails to get the Scott Pilgrim release, plenty of better physical companies at this point to handl eit

I decided I'm not buying anything from them that will hinder my ability to actually play the game.  I wanted 6+ months to play Panzer Dragoon and Shantae and by the time I actually got the games. my enthusiasm to actually play them had died significantly.  At this point the only things I'm likely to buy from them are the Castlevania collection (since I can already play those on other things) or a physiclal copy of Hades (since I can already play that and I absolutely love that game)

I really hope LRG fails to get the Scott Pilgrim release, plenty of better physical companies at this point to handl eit
This was my initial thought as well, but, so far, Ubisoft usually distributes games themselves, so it'll probably be a regular retail release.

I'm still shocked Ubisoft released a physical version of 'Assassin's Creed Chronicles' on the Vita themselves when the system was already on its way out.

Wow, now the $150 Command & Conquer package is at BB? LRG left that off the page https://limitedrungames.com/products/command-and-conquer-remastered-anniversary-edition ! I couldn't figure out when Josh said that was a high selling item, but I guess now I see how.
LOL they have the $59.99 Special Edition on bestbuy site and the bestbuy listing has the same pic from the old LRG listing with pre-orders open March 10th

Command & Conquer Remastered Collection: Special Edition Windows - Best Buy

Command & Conquer Remastered Collection: Special Edition (PC) [PREORDE – Limited Run Games

It's amazing how these two twits lit the goodwill they had on fire. I am savoring it... and only buying their games from Best Buy or secondhand on eBay for minimal markup, and skipping the rest.

I don't know how the LRG induced FOMO didn't combust when they hit 100 releases.

It's amazing how these two twits lit the goodwill they had on fire. I am savoring it... and only buying their games from Best Buy or secondhand on eBay for minimal markup, and skipping the rest.

I don't know how the LRG induced FOMO didn't combust when they hit 100 releases.
Wow, you're so woke. You do realize that they make money on every game they sell to Best Buy and every game they sell to a scalper that you end up buying at a markup on Ebay, right? They didn't combust because for every person complaining here and on social media, there are dozens of others who like their product and accept that like every company out there, they have shortcomings.

This was my initial thought as well, but, so far, Ubisoft usually distributes games themselves, so it'll probably be a regular retail release.

I'm still shocked Ubisoft released a physical version of 'Assassin's Creed Chronicles' on the Vita themselves when the system was already on its way out.
the scott pilgrim creator was talking to Iam8bit previously I believe, I'm sure LRG will try to weasel in as a secondary distributor

I liked when they started out and were active members of this community, but clearly they were just playing us all for the long game to take everyone's money, I've gotten shit for pointing out they don't talk here anymore and it's like, the only reason we started supporting them was BECAUSE they were active members here and there was a connection that you wanted to support. I don't think Doug is inherently that bad but Josh is a fuck nozzle

edit: also I still feel this thread should not be in this subforum, there are no deals to be had in here, it should be somewhere else

I liked when they started out and were active members of this community, but clearly they were just playing us all for the long game to take everyone's money, I've gotten shit for pointing out they don't talk here anymore and it's like, the only reason we started supporting them was BECAUSE they were active members here and there was a connection that you wanted to support. I don't think Doug is inherently that bad but Josh is a fuck nozzle

edit: also I still feel this thread should not be in this subforum, there are no deals to be had in here, it should be somewhere else
Yes, we are all aware of your "daddy-issues". No company owes you a personal relationship and while I realize you have some mental issues, it's not an excuse for the troubling fixation you seem to have with everything they do. Your objection to this thread has been noted but disregarded by the mods repeatedly, so perhaps you would be better suited just ignoring the discussion as it obviously triggers the worst in you.

Yes, we are all aware of your "daddy-issues". No company owes you a personal relationship and while I realize you have some mental issues, it's not an excuse for the troubling fixation you seem to have with everything they do. Your objection to this thread has been noted but disregarded by the mods repeatedly, so perhaps you would be better suited just ignoring the discussion as it obviously triggers the worst in you.
eat shit chief

You act like his comments were directed at you.

cat-Fighting-for-their-territory.jpg

This is proof that LRG is truly an evil company. First they take our money and don't deliver the games we ordered months ago. Now they're turning CAGs against each other.

This is proof that LRG is truly an evil company. First they take our money and don't deliver the games we ordered months ago. Now they're turning CAGs against each other.
Meh, there are plenty of people on here who regularly post legitimate issues with regard to LRG and the other companies and it doesn't cause unnecessary strife. Jurai is seriously just a very broken individual who has taken to personal attacks on the owners of LRG simply because he believes he is owed something because he bought from them way back when. I'm also not joking about the mental issues or the "daddy issues". I mean he is literally seeking love and attention from a company rather than from other human beings.

Meh, there are plenty of people on here who regularly post legitimate issues with regard to LRG and the other companies and it doesn't cause unnecessary strife.  Jurai is seriously just a very broken individual who has taken to personal attacks on the owners of LRG simply because he believes he is owed something because he bought from them way back when.  I'm also not joking about the mental issues or the "daddy issues".  I mean he is literally seeking love and attention from a company rather than from other human beings.
I know how he feels. I spent the majority of my life dealing with rejection, isolation, and constant disappointment and I used to lash out at people and take it out on them much as he does. I learned it is wrong to do so and hopefully Jurai will learn one day that it's no one's fault that his life sucks. It's not even his. It's just the luck of the draw. If his dad abandoned him or mistreated him as you hint at then that sucks and I feel for him, but he needs to understand that it's wrong to take his frustration out on innocent people.

It's not a "Sony issue". Not that I don't get what you're saying - yes, it's very easy for a PS4/PS5 disc to pop out. BUT, this idea that there is just nothing that can be done to mitigate that issue was ridiculous. LRG acted like it was out of their control. There is a reason why the number of loose discs you'll find at retail are much lower than those that come shipped in a bubble mailer. How do they get to retail without popping out? Oh, and I've bought a ton of LRG games and I always make sure to get a box. No loose discs. Well, I know I had ONE once, but I think that one was before I made sure to always add a box to the order if I didn't have two items.

In grade school, they had us find a way to package an EGG so that it wouldn't break when dropped off a rooftop. But, somehow we're supposed to believe nothing can be done to prevent PS4 discs from popping out of their case during shipping.... even though LRG themselves have proved otherwise. Yes, someone will say "I received a game in a box and the disc was loose, therefore boxes offer no guarantee." That's true! But, if anyone ever wants to compare the number of loose discs shipped in boxes to the number of loose discs not shipped in boxes, you will likely see that boxes where the game isn't free to bounce around are pretty effective.

... Oh, and I've bought a ton of LRG games and I always make sure to get a box. No loose discs...
That sounds like a problem that solved itself then. Maybe PS4 discs rattling around more than an old man in boxers isn't worth the upsell to a shipping box for most people.

Not that I care either way. I just wanted to use that metaphor.

BUT, this idea that there is just nothing that can be done to mitigate that issue was ridiculous.
Great post. You can't reason with people that think like Josh/Bojay though. They don't want solutions, they want to play the blame game, point fingers, attack the person making suggestions, ... etc. It's like trying to reason with a narcissist.

The simplest solution to the loose disc issue that I've found is to make a cardboard sleeve to put the game in. Just regular old corrugated cardboard like is used to make shipping boxes (not the thin stuff used for decorative sleeves). When a game is wrapped in that you can then easily ship it in a bubble envelope and the disc won't pop out. So in bulk, a penny solution (if that).. good will with your customers.. and if you want to take the sleeve to the next level have your logo on it so it feels somewhat special. OF course LRG's idea would be to use the thinnest cardboard possible, make it some colored cardboard, and multi-color print, and then up the shipping charge on games a couple bucks.

I decided I'm not buying anything from them that will hinder my ability to actually play the game. I wanted 6+ months to play Panzer Dragoon and Shantae and by the time I actually got the games. my enthusiasm to actually play them had died significantly. At this point the only things I'm likely to buy from them are the Castlevania collection (since I can already play those on other things) or a physiclal copy of Hades (since I can already play that and I absolutely love that game)
Hades is the only game that would get me to order from LRG again. I just finally finished the epilogue and, with around 80-90 hours, it's easily my GOTY.

Great post. You can't reason with people that think like Josh/Bojay though. They don't want solutions, they want to play the blame game, point fingers, attack the person making suggestions, ... etc. It's like trying to reason with a narcissist.

The simplest solution to the loose disc issue that I've found is to make a cardboard sleeve to put the game in. Just regular old corrugated cardboard like is used to make shipping boxes (not the thin stuff used for decorative sleeves). When a game is wrapped in that you can then easily ship it in a bubble envelope and the disc won't pop out. So in bulk, a penny solution (if that).. good will with your customers.. and if you want to take the sleeve to the next level have your logo on it so it feels somewhat special. OF course LRG's idea would be to use the thinnest cardboard possible, make it some colored cardboard, and multi-color print, and then up the shipping charge on games a couple bucks.
Nothing more narcissistic than thinking your minor issue is the most important thing in the world and then thinking you're the only one to have the solution.

Which retailer or limited game seller provides sleeves as you suggest? I mean I purchase from all of them and while boxes and packing material seem to make a slight difference, I still regularly receive loose discs from all of them and certainly, I'm like 50/50 for loose discs with Amazon and Best Buy. The reality is that it's a Sony issue and it's not just about the bubble mailer, it's also about any weight or pressure being applied to the case hub at any time. The sleeve may in and of itself apply pressure as I have received plenty of games with outer sleeves (you know, the standard slipcover kind) that also had loose discs. The good news is that if you insist on keeping your games sealed, you can easily reattach the disc without opening them. I have done it hundreds of times and haven't damaged a single cover or case. Unfortunately, I am worried about the PS5 games because of the denser disc, but it's still a Sony problem as they are the ones that control the cases they allow to be used at their authorized replication facilities.

Holy shit, this. Not only could companies do a better job of protecting their shipments this way, they could potentially even save money by cutting down on their returns because the extra packaging is so cheap and effective. Like you said, we're literally talking about one extra piece of cardboard wrapped around a game before dropping it in a bubble mailer. It costs almost nothing, takes a worker an extra two seconds, and adds so little weight/bulk that it wouldn't affect their shipping costs. This should be a thing by now.

It's not a "Sony issue". Not that I don't get what you're saying - yes, it's very easy for a PS4/PS5 disc to pop out. BUT, this idea that there is just nothing that can be done to mitigate that issue was ridiculous. LRG acted like it was out of their control. There is a reason why the number of loose discs you'll find at retail are much lower than those that come shipped in a bubble mailer. How do they get to retail without popping out? Oh, and I've bought a ton of LRG games and I always make sure to get a box. No loose discs. Well, I know I had ONE once, but I think that one was before I made sure to always add a box to the order if I didn't have two items.

In grade school, they had us find a way to package an EGG so that it wouldn't break when dropped off a rooftop. But, somehow we're supposed to believe nothing can be done to prevent PS4 discs from popping out of their case during shipping.... even though LRG themselves have proved otherwise. Yes, someone will say "I received a game in a box and the disc was loose, therefore boxes offer no guarantee." That's true! But, if anyone ever wants to compare the number of loose discs shipped in boxes to the number of loose discs not shipped in boxes, you will likely see that boxes where the game isn't free to bounce around are pretty effective.
Holy shit, this. Not only could companies do a better job of protecting their shipments this way, they could potentially even save money by cutting down on their returns because the extra packaging is so cheap and effective. Like you said, we're literally talking about one extra piece of cardboard wrapped around a game before dropping it in a bubble mailer. It costs almost nothing, takes a worker an extra two seconds, and adds so little weight/bulk that it wouldn't affect their shipping costs. This should be a thing by now.
Well, except there's no evidence this would do anything. I mean, you are compressing the case and wrap, as well as the cover, so you raise the risk of damage and complaints from the people who expect a pristine cover insert. You are also increasing pressure on the case hub which is what causes the disc to go loose in the first place. I get plenty of games in boxes from Amazon and Best Buy and they still show up with loose discs. I've also received games in bubble pouches that didn't have a loose disc. It's all about how the game is handled when being packed (including at the replication facility), how it is handled in shipping and ultimately, what happens when the local carrier brings it to your door. Like I said, it's a super easy fix if you're someone that keeps your games sealed.

Well, except there's no evidence this would do anything. I mean, you are compressing the case and wrap, as well as the cover, so you raise the risk of damage and complaints from the people who expect a pristine cover insert. You are also increasing pressure on the case hub which is what causes the disc to go loose in the first place. I get plenty of games in boxes from Amazon and Best Buy and they still show up with loose discs. I've also received games in bubble pouches that didn't have a loose disc. It's all about how the game is handled when being packed (including at the replication facility), how it is handled in shipping and ultimately, what happens when the local carrier brings it to your door. Like I said, it's a super easy fix if you're someone that keeps your games sealed.
There's no evidence that more secure packaging improves shipping outcomes?
Like, for real?

bread's done
Back