Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Hades is the only game that would get me to order from LRG again. I just finally finished the epilogue and, with around 80-90 hours, it's easily my GOTY.
I really hope Hades doesn't get stuck with LRG. That game (and stuff like the Scott Pilgrim remaster) deserve a normal retail release. I know LRG has worked with the Hades developer on several of their other releases so it may be inevitable. I do think Scott Pilgrim may get a standard Ubisoft release though, or the iam8bit thing that the developer talked about.

There's no evidence that more secure packaging improves shipping outcomes?
Like, for real?
You're talking about adding a piece of cardboard around the existing case. There is no evidence that that would reduce loose discs. In fact, it might result in damaged cover inserts. So, yes, for real.

the scott pilgrim creator was talking to Iam8bit previously I believe, I'm sure LRG will try to weasel in as a secondary distributor
This is correct.

https://twitter.com/bryanleeomalley/status/1293299214445731842?lang=en

Also seems like he's actively working on a physical version behind the scenes. It provides some modicum of vindication that the top comment is saying to not go with LRG here:

https://twitter.com/bryanleeomalley/status/1336032440813416449

They've been doing this for 2+ years.
They've been sending "buy our new shiny thing" emails for that long. I think I can count on one hand the number of actual update emails they've sent in that time period.

There's no evidence that more secure packaging improves shipping outcomes?
Like, for real?
My anecdotal evidence is 99% of the PS4 games I get shipped to me securely in a box are fine.

Whereas 30-40% of the bubble mailer PS4 games are loose.

So, yes, I'd say a box helps.

My anecdotal evidence is 99% of the PS4 games I get shipped to me securely in a box are fine.

Whereas 30-40% of the bubble mailer PS4 games are loose.

So, yes, I'd say a box helps.
That's not what the guy was proposing. He was proposing some kind of cardboard sleeve that the game case would be inserted into. I also disagree with you as someone who literally has a full US PS4 set and buys from all of the limited companies as well as Gamestop, Amazon and Best Buy with 95% of those purchases being mail order. While I get more loose discs in pouches, I still get a significant number when shipped in boxes. The Sony cases are the issue and thankfully it's very easy to reseat the discs without damaging the case or cover insert so I really don't get why this issue has suddenly come up again literally four years after the fact.

That's not what the guy was proposing. He was proposing some kind of cardboard sleeve that the game case would be inserted into. I also disagree with you as someone who literally has a full US PS4 set and buys from all of the limited companies as well as Gamestop, Amazon and Best Buy with 95% of those purchases being mail order. While I get more loose discs in pouches, I still get a significant number when shipped in boxes. The Sony cases are the issue and thankfully it's very easy to reseat the discs without damaging the case or cover insert so I really don't get why this issue has suddenly come up again literally four years after the fact.
It's coming from folks who IMHO are too invested in the issue. Most of us stopped caring a long time ago, or like you, just don't see it as any issue at all.

Got a shipping notification today for Star Wars Episode 1 Racer on PS4 standard and Kunai on Switch.

I really hope Scott Pilgrim gets a regular retail release but I will get a copy from whoever will carry it.

While Iam8bit is better at notifying their customers of delays I am still waiting on a few preorders from them as well like Kentucky Route Zero, Creature in the Well and What the Golf for Switch. May get Kentucky before the end of the year but the other two have been pushed to Q12021.

My Limited Run back order is starting to shrink a little. Looks like I have three more orders on deck and ready to ship soon. So that only leaves me with three outstanding orders. The longest one being Tiny Metal Ultimate

I also haven't ordered anything from them since October.

I passed on a few games I had interest in because of the backlog of orders. Mainly Mummy Demastered and Cthulhu Saves Christmas. I played the digital version of Mummy Demastered and realized that after finishing it and enjoying it I'm never going to play that game again.

I will be ordering EarthNight on PS4 this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're talking about adding a piece of cardboard around the existing case. There is no evidence that that would reduce loose discs. In fact, it might result in damaged cover inserts. So, yes, for real.
Not sure why you think a piece of cardboard would damage anything, but it's not really worth discussing further anyway.

...packing material seem to make a slight difference...
...I get more loose discs in pouches...
Just thought I'd also point out that you're spending a lot of time arguing against a position you seem to fundamentally agree with. We all know Sony went cheap with the cases, which makes them the source of the problem. But trying to pretend that there aren't ways to make the problem better, especially after acknowledging that there are, seems silly to me. Just like above though, I don't see much point in discussing this any further, so get the last word in if you want and we'll let it drop.

I hope Sony gets tons of defective PS5 disc returns from loose discs in transit since apparently they don't have the same heavy coating that normal Bluray discs have. Maybe then they'll finally update their flimsy cases that always arrive with either a loose disc or completely cracked. I have never received a broken or loose Switch cart or Xbox One game. Only PS4. Every single PS4 case I get has a loose disc and even one I received in a box had a smashed case. They are a flawed product and cases are so cheap and games so expensive now that it's dumb for them to be that cheap. Not to mention who wants the same damn cases over again? I really hate how lazy MS and Sony got this generation with their cases and box design, they're almost both the same exact crap as last generation. They were cool for their time but I want something new every generation.

I hope Sony gets tons of defective PS5 disc returns from loose discs in transit since apparently they don't have the same heavy coating that normal Bluray discs have. Maybe then they'll finally update their flimsy cases that always arrive with either a loose disc or completely cracked. I have never received a broken or loose Switch cart or Xbox One game. Only PS4. Every single PS4 case I get has a loose disc and even one I received in a box had a smashed case. They are a flawed product and cases are so cheap and games so expensive now that it's dumb for them to be that cheap. Not to mention who wants the same damn cases over again? I really hate how lazy MS and Sony got this generation with their cases and box design, they're almost both the same exact crap as last generation. They were cool for their time but I want something new every generation.
As much as I'm with you on wanting to see a redesign, with physical discs probably poised to become an even smaller proportion of sales this gen, I'm not convinced MS and Sony much care, or even think it'd be worth it.

Not sure why you think a piece of cardboard would damage anything, but it's not really worth discussing further anyway.

Just thought I'd also point out that you're spending a lot of time arguing against a position you seem to fundamentally agree with. We all know Sony went cheap with the cases, which makes them the source of the problem. But trying to pretend that there aren't ways to make the problem better, especially after acknowledging that there are, seems silly to me. Just like above though, I don't see much point in discussing this any further, so get the last word in if you want and we'll let it drop.
Since you asked the question, sleeves of any kind can damage the cover insert by causing pressure creases and other issues. It already happens with slipcovers that publishers sometimes put on their releases and certainly would happen if games were being sent out enclosed in a tightly fitting cardboard sleeve. As for your other point, I don't agree that it's a problem at all in connection with PS4 games. Since the discs can simply be popped back onto the hub without opening or damaging the sealed game, it's literally not a problem and certainly not worth spending additional money for packing materials that aren't going to eliminate the problem anyway. I do worry about PS5 games though and worry about how Amazon, Gamestop and Best Buy plan to address the enhanced possibility that loose discs could result in damage in transit and excessive returns.

; As for your other point, I don't agree that it's a problem at all in connection with PS4 games.  Since the discs can simply be popped back onto the hub without opening or damaging the sealed game, it's literally not a problem and certainly not worth spending additional money for packing materials that aren't going to eliminate the problem anyway.
The PS4 discs can still get damaged if you're receiving them from a far distance, such as internationally or they're in transit too long domestically. I've returned a PS4 game where the edges of the disc were chipped because it was ratting in the case. The product is literally flawed if it doesn't do what it's supposed to (keep the disc safe and in place). Not to mention any time I get a bubble mailed PS4 game the case arrives cracked or damaged in some way along with the disc rattling.

The PS4 discs can still get damaged if you're receiving them from a far distance, such as internationally or they're in transit too long domestically. I've returned a PS4 game where the edges of the disc were chipped because it was ratting in the case. The product is literally flawed if it doesn't do what it's supposed to (keep the disc safe and in place). Not to mention any time I get a bubble mailed PS4 game the case arrives cracked or damaged in some way along with the disc rattling.
For me, if it's an import, it's absolutely not worth the hassle unless the disc were cracked or unusable. Given how long it already takes to get internationally shipped items, the thought of dealing with returns, etc., is more headache than it's worth.

Well, LRG ships from the US and I've only received a couple of games from Amazon where the PS4 case literally shattered, likely because of pressure from getting stuck under something heavy in the shipping process. Obviously, whether it's LRG or a major retailer, if you receive a defective game disc, you have the ability to return it for a replacement or refund. I agree that Sony should improve the design of their cases especially given the risks associated with the more dense PS5 discs as I don't think I've ever had a loose Xbox One game show up regardless of packaging.

I've actually gotten a loose switch cart before! It surprised me a little when I heard rattling inside, but figured it was an loose insert or something, opened it up and the cartridge came flying out lol

I've actually gotten a loose switch cart before! It surprised me a little when I heard rattling inside, but figured it was an loose insert or something, opened it up and the cartridge came flying out lol
It could sense the backlog mountain you were about to put it on, so it flung itself at you as a way to scream, "PLAY ME!"

My store has gotten full cases of games (30 copies) from Sony where every single disc is already loose. Do we really think LRG isn't just shipping out stock like that and hoping that only a small percentage will ask for a replacement? Same reason why every company uses bubble mailers. They save money and the amount they will have to replace is already built into their budget.

I hope we all get loose discs for every generation.
3f4.gif

This is an odd thread.  Only complaining.  I'm not defending LRG or any other company, it just seems weird to go to a destination to complain about the same things over and over.  

If you aren't happy with their product or manner of doing business, don't support.  Kind of basic.  

This is an odd thread.  Only complaining.  I'm not defending LRG or any other company, it just seems weird to go to a destination to complain about the same things over and over.  

If you aren't happy with their product or manner of doing business, don't support. Kind of basic.
Seems hypocritical to go into a thread you have no business in and make a post complaining about other people complaining and then trying to tell other people what to do. You also seem to have no idea what this thread is even about or how the LRG business works which is why you think you can just "take your business elsewhere" which doesn't apply in this case. My grandpa always told me to keep my mouth shut if I don't know about something because it would just make me look stupid and he was right. Too bad other people's grandpas never taught them that which is why you always see people giving their unwanted two cents about a situation they know nothing about.

i received Plague Road PS4 with dented middle. u can actually see it being pressed in. they popped the loose disc back in before they shipped it to me. ruined the art sleeve for me.

i received Plague Road PS4 with dented middle. u can actually see it being pressed in. they popped the loose disc back in before they shipped it to me. ruined the art sleeve for me.
How do you know it was a result of popping the loose disc back in? I've received numerous game cases with deep cover insert indentations, gouges, razor cuts and tears that go down through the cover paper from Amazon, Gamestop and Best Buy. I've also received some where the back of the center of the disc holder ring punches right through the rear cover insert. I doubt any of those places were trying to pop in a loose disc. The more likely explanation is that some postal machinery punctured the case in transit or even in the manufacturing process or something heavy or sharp was resting on the package or game case which resulted in the damage. It could still be the fault of LRG, but I just find it really unlikely that the cause of the damage was an attempt to reattach a loose disc.

Lol loose discs is the least of these jabronis horrible mismanagement. Idgaf about a loose disc because I actually open and play mine anyway. Also disc media blows and I get anything I can on cartridge.

One of the last games I got from them is stuck in ups/usps limbo for the last week. Speaking of mismanagement using ups innovations to ship your items is one of the most scummy business practices I can think of. Not only is it slow and inconvenient, if and when something goes wrong neither ups nor usps want to accept blame for the lost item. I'm paying enough for postage that my items should be sent either first class or priority.

My issue with LRG is that they send out an email blaming the pandemic for delaying the shipments of games. They take no accountability that their shipping delays are also due to their fault of being greedy and incompetent. However instead of slowing down, not being so money driven , taking in less new orders and piling on even more work, they don’t address the shipping of the back catalog. They just dig the hole deeper and deeper.

They have tons of games in their warehouse they are not shipping!

So in my case I combined orders and I have my streets of rage on hold for months and months because my panzer dragoon has been delayed. So bad on me for combining orders, but I also think any other company would have shipped part of your order (my streets of rage) when they realized the second game was delayed. They would prioritize the customer service instead of just shrugging their shoulders and saying “not our fault”.

I should have bought streets of rage anywhere else but them. Heck GameFly is already selling used copies for a fraction of the cost. I feel I’m seeing these comments more and more, I hope anyone but LRG releases the game, or if they do I’ll buy from Best Buy instead.
I absolutely agree with both statements.

Seems hypocritical to go into a thread you have no business in and make a post complaining about other people complaining and then trying to tell other people what to do. You also seem to have no idea what this thread is even about or how the LRG business works which is why you think you can just "take your business elsewhere" which doesn't apply in this case. My grandpa always told me to keep my mouth shut if I don't know about something because it would just make me look stupid and he was right. Too bad other people's grandpas never taught them that which is why you always see people giving their unwanted two cents about a situation they know nothing about.
Nah, son. I come here to talk about LRG and other limited physical releases, learn a little bit, some friendly chatter, maybe see some pics of collections or unboxing new releases. That's lacking in this thread lately. Yes, I am complaining about complaining. :oldman: :beer:

There's no unboxing or collection related discussion because literally nothing that was ordered months or years ago has been delivered. There's no products in our hands to take pictures of or talk about. So yes, that's lacking in this thread. And yes, LRG is to strictly blame for that.
I received two LRG packages just today and received three more shipping e-mails this week. They are definitely shipping and have been throughout the past year.

There's no unboxing or collection related discussion because literally nothing that was ordered months or years ago has been delivered. There's no products in our hands to take pictures of or talk about. So yes, that's lacking in this thread. And yes, LRG is to strictly blame for that.
just got an order in today GAROU: MARK OF THE WOLVES (PS4) and Outer Wilds (PS4) and one yesterday Wizard of Legend PS4 and Switch this year I have gotten 2 to 3 packages a month that I have ordered from LRG

Here's my nothing that has been recently delivered:

63KKr4G.jpg

x8eLbJ0.jpg

Was one of those who bought Streets of Rage 4, and after I learned Merge was releasing it, asked LRG to cancel my ordet, and they kindly did.

As I've said here before, I don't have any grudge against LRG. The publisher has put on disc several games I've enjoyed, and wouldn't have otherwise (I don't buy digital games, just music). I do agree with folks here that it appears they might be digging themselves into a larget hole laying more releases and orders with existing delays, but I also get it's a business, and they're not EA or Activision.

May be consumers will slow down sales so the company takes more considerate and careful decisions. That's how capitalism works.

Both PS4 games today are already almost sold out in the morning batch (both under 80 copies left).  When its not an open preorder they love to make it a free-for-all.

And they're gone. Both sold out within approximately 10 minutes.

Picked up Freedom Finger as I am a sucker for shmups.

Both PS4 games today are already almost sold out in the morning batch (both under 80 copies left). When its not an open preorder they love to make it a free-for-all.
It was an easy order though. I got EarthNight this morning without a problem. I've been worried about this lately with some of the PS4 offerings but every game I wanted to get I bought in the morning without issue. Last two I bought previously Neo City Riders and Yaga should also be shipping soon. Hoping they get Samurai Jack soon.

Of course they announce it after my Best Buy order of the Switch version can't be canceled.
Yeah, I would have definitely preferred the PS4 version too. They are getting pretty strategic in their release schedule. I wonder if the Switch version performs worse than PS4 (or is it simple enough of a game that they look/play the same)?

Welp, time to sell the Switch verison of Panzer I got in the mail literally a day ago after waiting 10 months for it. Had to do this with Brigadine too. fuck LRG.

Why didn't the PS4 Panzer Dragoon pre-order coincide with the Switch version's pre-order window?

Why didn't the PS4 Panzer Dragoon pre-order coincide with the Switch version's pre-order window?
Probably because it was only released digitally at the end of September 2020 while the Switch version has been available digitally since March 2020 which was right around when LRG took preorders for the Switch version.

bread's done
Back