Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1337445793029124099?s=20
Dammit... is this a recent thing or did we know this when the NS copy was being sold? I would so much rather have this on PS4 vs NS. Not that I have my NS copy yet (it's tied up with something else that's still being produced).

Last edited by a moderator:
Great. Neat. I would never have bought the Switch version if this had been announced. Sneaky ol' LRG getting people to accidentally double dip. 

There are a ton of legitimate reasons to give LRG shit, but I don't feel like this is one of them. A lot of higher profile non-AAA games like this have been releasing first on Switch and then later on other consoles. Brigandine is another recent example and it's happened multiple times with Devolver's games. More than likely it's some behind-the-scenes limited exclusivity shenanigans with Nintendo that filters through to physical releases as well.

I suppose that it's hard to say 100% where the blame is. All I know is that when information is withheld, and options are limited, the consumer loses. 

Price just posted on the main page:

Standard edition $39.99

Includes full-color interior art and a booklet.

------

Classic edition $59.99

• Officially licensed Sega Saturn branded long box jewel-case
  • Panzer Dragoon physical game for the PlayStation 4 in a standard case
  • Classic Edition exclusive reversible cover art with Sega Saturn branded reverse
  • Full-color instruction booklet with a retrospective essay from Jeremy Parish

There are a ton of legitimate reasons to give LRG shit, but I don't feel like this is one of them. A lot of higher profile non-AAA games like this have been releasing first on Switch and then later on other consoles. Brigandine is another recent example and it's happened multiple times with Devolver's games. More than likely it's some behind-the-scenes limited exclusivity shenanigans with Nintendo that filters through to physical releases as well.
Yeah, could be any number of reasons really but it's absolutely a trend going on for the past year at least. It's why I haven't bought Hades yet despite really wanting it. I expect it'll be out on PS4/5 and maybe Xbox at some point sooner rather then later.

Also the Ghosts 'n Goblins remake announced last night is another game that right now is only announced for Switch but according to the Capcom leaks it'll be on the other consoles a few months later.

With the announcement of PD on the PS4 I think it's not even about making money at this point anymore. I think it's a game to LRG (no pun intended). "Let's see how far we can take things until we piss people off so much that they stop buying our shit and even our biggest fanboys stop defending us". They keep upping the ante because it hasn't come to that point yet despite so many previous fans turning on them. I am more excited to see what crazy bullshit they pull this year more than any actual games that they release and if their supporters will continue defending them after this.
Meh, hard to see how anyone could be outraged considering the PS4 version didn't even exist when they took preorders for the Switch version. It's not like games coming to different platforms down the road is a new thing for LRG or any publisher.

It's their fault, really. If it didn't take them so damn long to ship (many people still don't have their Switch preorders from over a year ago!) it wouldn't be as much of a problem. As it stands the Switch version still isn't even in people's hands and now a PS4 version has been announced.
over a year ago what are you talking about they took pre-orders from 3/272020 to 4/24/2020

@ the guy asking for unboxing - I love doing them if they'd ship my games lmao!

Those of you who've had a game lost to usps how long did lrg make you wait before acknowledgement? Mines been at a sorting hub 1 hour away from me going on 10 days now.

@ the guy asking for unboxing - I love doing them if they'd ship my games lmao!

Those of you who've had a game lost to usps how long did lrg make you wait before acknowledgement? Mines been at a sorting hub 1 hour away from me going on 10 days now.
Have you called the USPS or filed a lost package claim? I've had this happen a few times with packages from other companies and just opening a claim usually results in the USPS locating the package and moving it along.

It's their fault, really. If it didn't take them so damn long to ship (many people still don't have their Switch preorders from over a year ago!) it wouldn't be as much of a problem. As it stands the Switch version still isn't even in people's hands and now a PS4 version has been announced.
It’s worse then that, not only has my PD not shipped but it’s held up five other games of mine. So LRG has managed to screw me with all six games in my order ![attachment=35069:7F2F49EA-CC0C-404A-9349-137F4A5192C9.png]

It’s worse then that, not only has my PD not shipped but it’s held up five other games of mine. So LRG has managed to screw me with all six games in my order !
attachicon.gif
7F2F49EA-CC0C-404A-9349-137F4A5192C9.png
They always wait until all items are ready to be shipped, they won't ship them individually unless ordered separately.

Grandia

>Estimated Shipping Date: Q4 2020

Shantae & Shantae Risky's Revenge

DUDE it's 12/13 why have these not shipped yet

Grandia

Shantae & Shantae Risky's Revenge

DUDE it's 12/13 why have these not shipped yet
Those Shantae preorders ended in October so you're probably not going to get them until February. I got my copy of Seven Sirens about 4 months after ordering.

It's still Q4...
Wow, someone who still has hope for this stuff. :shock:

If it says Q4 you know there's almost no chance you'll even get them this quarter. Not just the shipping companies being slammed or the extra step all LRG orders go through before they even get to the USPS for actual delivery... but LRG historically has been a nightmare when it comes this late into a quarter meeting their estimates for years now.

Now THAT'S more like it. A high-quality game made by an indie team that could never afford a full retail release. It even comes in a standard edition and everything. More like this, please!

Now THAT'S more like it. A high-quality game made by an indie team that could never afford a full retail release. It even comes in a standard edition and everything. More like this, please!
Plus there's this all-important blurb already on the page:

Best Buy may be receiving a very small number of copies of this game with alternate cover art. Best Buy has the ability to not move forward with their order, as it has not been finalized yet. Wait at your own risk.

I have to say I like this one too. Exceptional quality game. Great poster that isn't just the cover art, excellent soundtrack collection and cool metal figures for the collectors edition. I look forward to receiving it in three years.

Picked up a copy of panzer dragoon remake for the switch today at best buy. Now I don't feel bad missing out at LRG. Saved money on shipping! I kind of wish I bought Ys Orgin from best buy instead of LRG since they also had it today.

Yeah my package 1 hour away since the 6th just isn't moving :( stuck with usps "accepting package". I was really hoping to have it to play during Xmas week too.

The less people buy from this company,the better they will be in moving their ass into getting things done. Case in point,finally got my KoF98 CE for PS4 which took forever..

I should be getting Shantae Seven Sirens (Swtich) today from Best Buy.  My first LRG game in like 2 years.

Got my Panzer Dragoon from Best Buy today, so my 2020 LRG collection looks like this:
[attachment=35089:16081460082921252546403010057471.jpg]
Hoping for better things next year, although my actual predictions are Switch versions of the No More Heroes games released alongside the new one (sold separately, of course) and a repro of Maximum Carnage to coincide with the new Venom movie.

I would like a double-pack of the first two 'No More Heroes' (or a mega pack of all three), but you're probably right. The first two will probably be separate releases.

Got Ion Fury from Best Buy.  Exact same cover as what LRG has pictured, so not sure what they are referring to when they mention BB would have a different cover.  

Glad to see BB getting the LRG stuff before I do, too.  Waiting on Shantae, Blaster Master, Ys....  all out at BB now. And the BB Shantae cover seems to be inarguably better!  It's pretty much the same, they just added two more characters.  I guess if you prefer sky over additional characters in your cover art, the LRG cover is pretty cool.  

But, "opt to wait at your own risk"!

Ion Fury is not part of the LRG collection it was just a distributed release by them. only games that are part of the LRG collection are the ones that have exclusive cover at best buy 

Ion Fury is not part of the LRG collection it was just a distributed release by them. only games that are part of the LRG collection are the ones that have exclusive cover at best buy
Yet LRG plastered this paragraph on the Ion Fury page:

Best Buy will be receiving a small amount of this game with a different cover. Best Buy's copies will not be available until a later date and will not overlap our own preorder window. Best Buy also has the ability to not move forward with their order, as it has not been finalized yet. Opt to wait at your own risk.

Yet LRG plastered this paragraph on the Ion Fury page:

Best Buy will be receiving a small amount of this game with a different cover. Best Buy's copies will not be available until a later date and will not overlap our own preorder window. Best Buy also has the ability to not move forward with their order, as it has not been finalized yet. Opt to wait at your own risk.
Looks like a standard copy-paste job to me. It's not that surprising that LRG would just throw the same blurb there without modifying it.

I've been receiving a bunch of my games in the last month from LRG. Until about a month ago, I had only received 2 games ordered in 2020. Then I received 7 in the last month. Takes my outstanding games ordered down to 5 now.

Anyone have an experience with a lost item?

I had two packages from LRG.

1-Arc of Alchemist, Fairy Fencer F, SoR, and Panzer Dragoon.

2-Garou

Well they were supposed to arrive last week. A week later they haven’t shown up. I can understand a bit, but the thing is they’ve supposedly been at the local post office with UPS saying they delivered it the local post office almost two weeks ago. So I reached out the PO and they said they never received it. They scanned the bag that supposedly had both packages but they were not in there. So they told me to reach out to the third party, AKA UPS. I called UPS and the only thing they can say is they delivered it and we’ll reach out to the sender. Well I reached out to LMG, but I’ve read about poor experiences regarding how they handle lost packages.

I assume I probably won’t hear from them until the new year and it will be a “wait”. Which yeah I’m going to continue waiting, but it’s pretty clear something is wrong with the shipment.

Do they refund or have a few extras made to cover issues like this? I mean I honestly don’t care at this point. I would love to have Garou, but I’ve kind of lost interst in the other titles and now Panzer has a PS4 version anyway.

I am wonder why LRG use cheap ship service if ship costs $6. Usually company use cheap ship option where UPS hand it to USPS becus it is cheaper that way as a way to get free ship. Usually when u pay 4 shipping from a company they use UPS or USPS 1st class 4 a single game, etc. Or at least include a box. I receive my game in the mail and a few of them finally after wait but there r a few problem. 1 problem is the disc r all loose in the case so I am scared they r scratch. Since I paid $6 2 ship a single game they should have use a box 2 prevent this. 2nd of all since shiping is $6 they should not use UPS-USPS ship becus it is slow and as u can c above package can and do get lost or there is problem. How do LRG justify this? Thx - Tim

I am wonder why LRG use cheap ship service if ship costs $6. Usually company use cheap ship option where UPS hand it to USPS becus it is cheaper that way as a way to get free ship. Usually when u pay 4 shipping from a company they use UPS or USPS 1st class 4 a single game, etc. Or at least include a box. I receive my game in the mail and a few of them finally after wait but there r a few problem. 1 problem is the disc r all loose in the case so I am scared they r scratch. Since I paid $6 2 ship a single game they should have use a box 2 prevent this. 2nd of all since shiping is $6 they should not use UPS-USPS ship becus it is slow and as u can c above package can and do get lost or there is problem. How do LRG justify this? Thx - Tim
Tim, you need help.

I just think they should use reg 1st class mail if they charge $6 per game or if they use ups-usps slow shipping it should at least come in a box 4 the price. or lower the price of shiping becuse they r clearly trying 2 make $$$$ of shipping and arent charging the "real" shipping prices if u know what i mean.

Anyone have an experience with a lost item?

I had two packages from LRG.

1-Arc of Alchemist, Fairy Fencer F, SoR, and Panzer Dragoon.

2-Garou

Well they were supposed to arrive last week. A week later they haven’t shown up. I can understand a bit, but the thing is they’ve supposedly been at the local post office with UPS saying they delivered it the local post office almost two weeks ago. So I reached out the PO and they said they never received it. They scanned the bag that supposedly had both packages but they were not in there. So they told me to reach out to the third party, AKA UPS. I called UPS and the only thing they can say is they delivered it and we’ll reach out to the sender. Well I reached out to LMG, but I’ve read about poor experiences regarding how they handle lost packages.

I assume I probably won’t hear from them until the new year and it will be a “wait”. Which yeah I’m going to continue waiting, but it’s pretty clear something is wrong with the shipment.

Do they refund or have a few extras made to cover issues like this? I mean I honestly don’t care at this point. I would love to have Garou, but I’ve kind of lost interst in the other titles and now Panzer has a PS4 version anyway.
This is nothing to do with LRG and everything to do with UPS Mail Innovations, the method by which UPS takes all the money for a delivery and USPS does all the work in the end. Neither company will ever take responsibility for a missing package, and there is absolutely nothing you can do except try to get a replacement shipment or your money back, screwing LRG because they “saved a few bucks” on that POS shipping process. Your package may one day show up, or it may not. But I wouldn’t expect anything to ever happen with the shipping companies.

In that respect, I’m honestly not even sure what the point of any tracking ID is. Sure, it shows them the last person who scanned a barcode, but that doesn’t mean they have any idea where to find it once it doesn’t actually make it onto the truck it was supposed to go to. I mean, do they ever actually fire someone for misplaced packages? They’d just have to go to the hassle to replace him/her with another untrained minimum wage employee, seems like they’d not bother.

FWIW: I had a package this season disappear in PA for a week, only to randomly show up in MD. My best guess was someone missed it in truck offloading at its destination and drove around with it for a week until they came back; of course you’d have to make sure not to scan it at the wrong location to avoid leaving a trail. I dunno how you’d know it was in the wrong place until you scanned it though. Maybe there’s a “unscan”.

bread's done
Back