Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I just think they should use reg 1st class mail if they charge $6 per game or if they use ups-usps slow shipping it should at least come in a box 4 the price. or lower the price of shiping becuse they r clearly trying 2 make $$$$ of shipping and arent charging the "real" shipping prices if u know what i mean.
They've said as much in the past, part of the shipping cost goes to paying their shipping team.

USPS First Class is starting to be $5+ depending on to/from zones, though, so I can only imagine shipping how much shipping would be if they did change over.

Anyone have an experience with a lost item?

I had two packages from LRG.

1-Arc of Alchemist, Fairy Fencer F, SoR, and Panzer Dragoon.

2-Garou

Well they were supposed to arrive last week. A week later they haven’t shown up. I can understand a bit, but the thing is they’ve supposedly been at the local post office with UPS saying they delivered it the local post office almost two weeks ago. So I reached out the PO and they said they never received it. They scanned the bag that supposedly had both packages but they were not in there. So they told me to reach out to the third party, AKA UPS. I called UPS and the only thing they can say is they delivered it and we’ll reach out to the sender. Well I reached out to LMG, but I’ve read about poor experiences regarding how they handle lost packages.

I assume I probably won’t hear from them until the new year and it will be a “wait”. Which yeah I’m going to continue waiting, but it’s pretty clear something is wrong with the shipment.

Do they refund or have a few extras made to cover issues like this? I mean I honestly don’t care at this point. I would love to have Garou, but I’ve kind of lost interst in the other titles and now Panzer has a PS4 version anyway.
I had a similar situation with my Jak X CE. Scans showed that UPS dropped the package off at the post office in the next town over from mine which handles the distribution to my area. I waited two months for it to be delivered and it never did. I filed an online missing package with USPS and never got a response from them. So, I opened a ticket with LRG. I got a response after two days. LRG said they consider a package lost 30 days after the last scan. Took a few days for them to verify inventory, but they did send me a replacement which I got in the end. I was concerned they might have run out of copies, but it wasn't an issue. It was a big order too ($300 worth of stuff). I was given the option of a refund, but I wanted the Jak X CE since I had the rest of them.

Yeah, that hand off service is janky shit in the best of times, and since "agent orange" kneecapped USPS earlier this year, it has only gotten much worse. Once those mandates were put in place, USPS saw delays by a few days, and in other places, delays by a week or more. When this all first happened, I had a package arrive at my post office after hand off, and it sat almost 2 weeks before finally being delivered to me. My mother in Los Angeles had a similar situation happened at about the same point in time. USPS held those packages until they had time to deliver them, and that took about 2 weeks. Now with holiday volume, and still no proper leadership from the post master, those same items are probably taking much more time.

Since that service has no guarantee attached to it, USPS can and will deliver those items only if and when they have the time. In the past, I've had similar packages take 6 weeks at this time of year, as USPS prioritizes "priority, first class. express" mail, with media mail and other budget shipping left to suffer. So some of these rather late packages that show they reached your local post office, will more than likely arrive once they have the time. But for those packages were they seem lost in route some place, those are probably lost, stolen or damaged, and a claim will need to be made.

Anyone have an experience with a lost item? .
The others have explained exactly the problem but I'd like to say yes I have the same shit going on with one of my games right now. I have another package with 2 more and I fully expect the same thing to happen.

My game has been sitting there moving since the 6th. According to lrg Twitter you have to wait 30 days before filing a lost package claim.

I have a feeling this garbage shipping option finally has its chickens coming home to roost. Come January February these guys are gonna be destroyed with missing stuff.

I'm not one of those doomsayers with lrg (tho I dislike them) but if it was widespread enough this could be the thing that kills them. They can't even keep up with regular shipping, how are they gonna work out tons of lost stuff??

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that hand off service is janky shit in the best of times, and since "agent orange" kneecapped USPS earlier this year, it has only gotten much worse. Once those mandates were put in place, USPS saw delays by a few days, and in other places, delays by a week or more. When this all first happened, I had a package arrive at my post office after hand off, and it sat almost 2 weeks before finally being delivered to me. My mother in Los Angeles had a similar situation happened at about the same point in time. USPS held those packages until they had time to deliver them, and that took about 2 weeks. Now with holiday volume, and still no proper leadership from the post master, those same items are probably taking much more time.

Since that service has no guarantee attached to it, USPS can and will deliver those items only if and when they have the time. In the past, I've had similar packages take 6 weeks at this time of year, as USPS prioritizes "priority, first class. express" mail, with media mail and other budget shipping left to suffer. So some of these rather late packages that show they reached your local post office, will more than likely arrive once they have the time. But for those packages were they seem lost in route some place, those are probably lost, stolen or damaged, and a claim will need to be made.
Seems like a possible bypass of this, until we get a good post master general in a month... and then some time to straighten out the issues made for suppression by agent orange (like re-installing mail sorting machines)... it might be possible to just go to your Post Office with the tracking number and if it's on site they can just go to the back and get it. Not saying I've done this as nothing of mine has been delayed so much that I've needed to... but that would be my next step... mask up... safety glasses on... and go talk to someone.

Seems like a possible bypass of this, until we get a good post master general in a month... and then some time to straighten out the issues made for suppression by agent orange (like re-installing mail sorting machines)... it might be possible to just go to your Post Office with the tracking number and if it's on site they can just go to the back and get it. Not saying I've done this as nothing of mine has been delayed so much that I've needed to... but that would be my next step... mask up... safety glasses on... and go talk to someone.
This could work, but only if they have some sorting system in place when these "slow" items arrive, and sadly I don't think they do(unless things have changed recently). Items are only sorted proper once they are being processed to be delivered, otherwise packages like this are on a truck, or in a storage space. Either way, there not sorted, so if anyone shows up with the tracking number, postal staff has no way to find said package.

Having worked at USPS & UPS in the past, nothing is touched or sorted until it is planned to leave. These places just aren't big enough are have the space to sort items, then leave them on a shelf(organized), and then wait for someone to maybe come and grab. So while I knew my package was sitting at my local office, I knew coming in person with my tracking # they would have no way to find it. Now USPS does sort express, registered, etc when those come in, but those are getting "priority" anyways, so those will never sit past 1-2 days no matter time of year.

also, y r ppl on here, twitter, reddit, etc. upset with panzer dragon being release on ps4 when they buyed the switch vers? i thought colectors prefered the switch becus on ebay switch version sell 4 more... which makes no sense 2 me becus the switch versions are inferior and have no trophy suport. even the game play log on the switch sucks, it only holds limited games and then ur old games start geting removed automaticaly which is dumb. but that is just my opinion and im not insulting any1 who prefers the switch. i just want ur reasoning.
As you mentioned, PS4 versions are almost always superior performance wise. So unless someone only had a Switch or wanted to play Panzer on the go, they would likely want the PS4 edition since it should look and play better.

I also got a shipping notice for Grandia HD, but its UPS MI, so I expect a very low chance of getting it before new years. It's listed "Expedited MI" but I think that's just a PR branding thing, and I don't believe that's actually different from regular MI.

If I could go to my post office where the items are sitting and pick them up, I wouldn't object so much to scenarios like this.

1 4 oz ps4 or switch game shipped in bubble mailer 1st class is not $5 lol
I dunno if you've tried to ship anything lately, but prices have trended up pretty hard. I shipped a game First Class in a bubble mailer earlier this week, from Missouri to California, and it was $5.65. It wasn't 4 ounces (most PS4 games are 7-8 without the mailer anyway and this had a chunky manual), but the same thing a few years ago would've been $3. I feel like the biggest hit was when First Class became zoned instead of flat rate last year, but I digress.

On the note of Panzer Dragoon, another new physical publisher has entered the ring and has a new CE for Panzer Dragoon:

https://twitter.com/ForeverLTD_Main/status/1340024034956722176

No Saturn case, but the crystal statue is nice.

Questions.

1. Are we sure Best Buy is getting the PS4 version of Shantae and the Seven Sirens? Seems the Switch version is already in stores, but the PS4 has no release date on the website. 

2. Same question but for Ion Fury PS4 version. 

It's also rediculously expensive for what you get.
Seriously. That crystal block is cheap and you can get something like that for a dollar or 2 at a souvenir stand. Source, I literally have one of these things that I got years ago with a dragon etched inside for a couple bucks and it came with a pedestal with a built in light.

There's nothing here that warrants remotely close to their 100+ euro price tag.

thanks for letting me know about forever limited. I have a ton of limited phyisical stores now. cool. The worst? LRG for taking forever, second worst goes to Playasia because they waste the last of their vita cartridges on shitty games

HOLY **** Guys! My Grandia collection actually just shipped in Q4. Looks like it's being shipped via UPS. Hopefully that means it'll arrive faster but who knows

Questions.

1. Are we sure Best Buy is getting the PS4 version of Shantae and the Seven Sirens? Seems the Switch version is already in stores, but the PS4 has no release date on the website.

2. Same question but for Ion Fury PS4 version.
BB bothered to post the listings so I'd wager yes to BB getting it.

thanks for letting me know about forever limited. I have a ton of limited phyisical stores now. cool. The worst? LRG for taking forever, second worst goes to Playasia because they waste the last of their vita cartridges on shitty games
Forever Limited appears to be the physical publishing arm of Forever Entertainment. Most of their digital games appear pretty cheap and have usually gone on sale regularly for $1.99 or so (with some exceptions such as Panzer Dragoon Remake). It will be hard to justify ordering anything from them because of this and the fact they charge such outrageous shipping costs.

A little more detail from LRG:

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1341487643104829442

(And Doug says that the LRG orders will ship before Amazon's.)

(And Doug says that the LRG orders will ship before Amazon's.)
https%3A%2F%2Fapptrigger.com%2Ffiles%2F2017%2F11%2FLA-Noire-Doubt.jpg

Also convenient that the Amazon listing went up right after the LRG pre-orders ended.

I'm glad they did because I forgot to order it before the window closed.
Glad for you, Zeboyd Games (both the games and the people at the studio) are dope and I've been looking forward to this one personally for a while. I'm all for games becoming more accessible/available both digitally and physically,

I'm just frustrated by this move from LRG because it seems like they're trying to rake in FOMO bucks with limited availability windows and then double back on that for more sales. Have the cake and eat it too or some such idiom.

I'm just frustrated by this move from LRG because it seems like they're trying to rake in FOMO bucks with limited availability windows and then double back on that for more sales. Have the cake and eat it too or some such idiom.
They literally just did this with Panzer Dragoon PS4.

I love the emotion nowadays isn't "i'm getting my game! Yeah!" ..and it's "i'm finally free of limited run games!"

For me, it's just "I want to be free from limited run games", but it doesn't look like space channel 5 VR and streets of rage are gonna make it this year..man, never ever again lol

Again, absolute failure to keep customers informed. garbage like usual.

in b4 estimated shipdates are estimated. That's fine, when you provide a 3 month window, the window is almost up, you kind of owe it to your customers to give an update...

ahh why bother.

They literally just did this with Panzer Dragoon PS4.
There have been so many shenanigans around that that I'm not sure what you mean specifically. Guess that kinda speaks volumes to the current state of LRG.

If you mean the BestBuy stuff, that's been happening for a while but it's disclosed on the product page (not the case with Cthulu)

If you mean the PS4 version, I suspect that has to do more with the developer/digital publisher striking a deal with timed exclusivity with Nintendo than it does with LRG. That's pretty commonplace nowadays (Messenger, Meat Boy Forever, Brigandine, Goose Game, etc.) but it certainly does show a lack of diligence on LRG's part that they didn't think to check. Guess when you have multiple releases each week you can really only spare a few emails for each.

If you mean the Forever Limited version, that came completely out of left field. But it's not really retail and the price-per-content is not great (especially with their overseas shipping charge).

If there's something else, I dunno man. More and more I just wish there was a way for me to get these games without having to deal with this company.

2 more games trapped in usps hell. I wonder how many packages these guys are gonna owe me after January.

Also I'm sure the print for Amazon will remain limited and a one shot deal. They've got so much money now and a steady rest market pool for the last few years - they know exactly how many suckers are out there willing to buy their games (myself included). They're sitting on a lot of back stock and I really wouldn't be surprised to see their shovelware getting dumped on an Amazon store.

Limited Run on Amazon would be an ideal solution to be honest. That way I wouldn't have to pay $6.50 or whatever for budget crap shipping. Sometimes that shipping cost really makes or breaks a game purchase for me.

Wonder what the order quantities are for Amazon.

With Best Buy, I assume if there's ~1K Best Buy stores in America, and each store is getting a handful of copies, that's at least an extra 4 or 5K copies printed of that game just for Best Buy. So no game that hits Best Buy (or now Amazon) is truly going to be limited in any sense, having likely 8-10K copies floating around out there at the minimum.

I'm cool with bestbuy getting the games.  But just like Bestbuy, they need to disclose on listings if a game is going to Amazon or any other retailers.  I would rather order from BB even if the cost is pretty much the same.

Limited Run on Amazon would be an ideal solution to be honest. That way I wouldn't have to pay $6.50 or whatever for budget crap shipping. Sometimes that shipping cost really makes or breaks a game purchase for me.

Wonder what the order quantities are for Amazon.

With Best Buy, I assume if there's ~1K Best Buy stores in America, and each store is getting a handful of copies, that's at least an extra 4 or 5K copies printed of that game just for Best Buy. So no game that hits Best Buy (or now Amazon) is truly going to be limited in any sense, having likely 8-10K copies floating around out there at the minimum.
While your Best Buy numbers are actually pretty close from what I've seen posted elsewhere, you should keep in mind that many of the Switch titles that end up at Best Buy have 20,000+ preorders through LRG, so the Best Buy copies are a small percentage of what are already pretty substantial runs.

Welp, I just got an email stating my Streets of Rage 4 Limited Edition is being shipped with expedited shipping. Was not expecting to get it this year.

Hey all, I almost always post in the Collector's Edition thread so this is my first time posting on this specific one, but I just want to post my current experience and see if I can get some/any solace.  (FOr the record I live in a suburb of a large US city, so getting my packages to me isn't an issue)

So my previous/current 2 orders from LRG have had me pretty frustrated:

First, I ordered Outer Wilds and Senran Kagura: Reflexions from them (MY GF loves the SK games so I wanted to get a physical copy for her).  My package shipped in Early November, but then was stuck in the "UPS hand-off to USPS" phase for weeks.  When I went to my local USPS office (In Early December) to ask them they told me that UPS Innovations will literally give them the shipping manifest days/weeks in advance before the packages even arrive at a USPS facility.  I contacted UPS to try and see wtf was going on, but they told me in a support chat,

"It is because Mail Innovation has a private Support and we were instructed to refer the receiver of the package to the original sender of the package.  The person or company who shipped this package can only reach out to this private group."

Essentially, UPS Innovations can ONLY be reached by LRG.  So I contacted LRG who instead of contacting UPS Innovations instructed me to wait until 30 days had passed since the last tracking update and report the package as lost.  Frustrating, but I ended up doing just that and now I have a 2nd shipment (Luckily they had stock in the warehouse I guess...) that is pending to be shipped soon(?) by expedited shipping...but if it's by UPS Innovations than I am hesitant to think this problem will be solved.

SECOND, much like many other people months ago I preordered the Panzer Draggon Collector's Edition and was excited to finally receive it.  I got the shipping notification December 10th and lo and and behold, the item is sitting in the same "UPS hand off to USPS" phase as my other order, and has been since December 16th.

What makes matters even more frustrating is that I visited my friend who lives only 1-2 miles from my own yesterday, and he had received his copy of the Panzer Dragoon Collector's Edition the previous day (December 22nd).

WTF is going on and why is UPS Innovations just complete and utter shit?  I have received multiple orders from LRG before with no problems, and now I am going weeks without updates or notifications on back-to-back orders.  I understand that Covid + the holidays is seriously affecting shipping, but as you can see this problem has been going on since before Thanksgiving, so this is unacceptable from both a customer and business (LRG at least SHOULD be) standpoint.

Sorry for the long post, I just want my damn video games to get here already.

WTF is going on and why is UPS Innovations just complete and utter shit? I have received multiple orders from LRG before with no problems, and now I am going weeks without updates or notifications on back-to-back orders. I understand that Covid + the holidays is seriously affecting shipping, but as you can see this problem has been going on since before Thanksgiving, so this is unacceptable from both a customer and business (LRG at least SHOULD be) standpoint.
UPS Mail Innovations is the cheapest and lowest quality shipping service available. A carrier pigeon probably has a better chance at delivering your games in a timely manner. LRG uses them because somehow the calculus resolved such that the cost of lost packages, support, etc. is less than the "upgrade" to a competent delivery service.

Couple UPS Mail Innovations' normally poor operations with COVID and the holidays and, well, you can kind of imagine the situation we're in. It's not just you and we're all salty.

Also, apparently UPS MI is starting to restrict their flow due to holiday volume, which I believe was one of the primary reasons they switched to UPS MI years ago:

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1341813706938863616

All the USPS distributions centers are experiencing huge backlogs due to (1) more people shipping Christmas gifts and (2) short-staffing due to employees being quarantined (~18,000 postal workers are quarantined daily vs 8,000 a month ago).

FWIW, I ordered some Lego sets on 11/30 from Lego.com. It shipped on 12/7, but tracking didn’t show movement until 12/21. Even after showing movement, it won’t arrive until next week at the earliest.

So it’s not just LRG. All packages are running slowly, even priority mail.

CNN article about the backlogs: https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/23/business/usps-delays-chrismas-trnd/index.html

As I mentioned above you and bitched about several times in this thread (sorry to beat a dead horse but someone new asked) my wizard of legend is stuck in the same manner as your item as of the 6th. Lrg told me 30 days same as you.

Since then, I received the games in the above video...exactly on time. Those were in a box rather than a regular mailer tho.

But yeah the last several pages have been complaining of the same by many of us. Frustrating shit because it's absolutely avoidable. They just need to use non garbage shipping service.

I mostly dislike their general lack of transparency.  They state that they expect preorders to ship approximately 3 months after the preorder ends, but then after that date slips, you're generally given little or no indication of how far along your games are in the process of being shipped.  But you do get plenty of updates "PREORDERS ARE STARTING FOR THiS!  HURRY, IT'S YOUR LAST DAY TO PREORDER THAT.  HERE'S WHY YOU NEED TO PREORDER SECRET OF MONKEY ISLAND SPECIAL EDITION"  Then as has been stated previously, they charge 6 bucks to ship a single game using the crappiest shipping service available, I consider it a small miracle that my last 3 games got delivered within a reasonable amount of time after being shipped.  With the arrival of my copy of Grandia HD Collection yesterday, I finally have no more money tied up in LRG, and I consider that a Christmas miracle. 

bread's done
Back