Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I'm very disappointed with my LRG experience. I overlooked the fact that the game was overpriced and took almost half a year to arrive. But I'm honestly kind of pissed that they didn't include the trading card that is supposed to come in my order. Everyone else got one and I actually collected those stupid things. Such a sloppy company. I can overlook this crappy service if I'm ordering some cheap crap from GS but to have this many errors, missing items, last items, etc. for the prices we are paying is unacceptable. This will be my last order with them. I'd rather got digital than deal with this BS at this point.
I caved and ordered the Ys Origin CE. I don't know much about the series but figured it was a decent price for a CE and try it out. Starting to have regrets buying into that seeing how long it takes for anything to happen. I've got no interest in the sale tomorrow. It looks like a lot of overpriced indie games and a lot of the CEs look pretty pitiful for the price. I'm guess this site is popular mostly because everything sells out instantly?

A big hearty happy new year to all of the LRG games that are Q4 2020 that aren't shipping yet and have no updates.
https://twitter.com/limitedrunjosh/status/1341046090376863750?s=21

There’s still more than a half hour left of Q4 in LRG’s time zone, so I guess they're just cutting it pretty close.

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently got a bunch of cards that are gold, not sure if I want them...but do these have any trade value if I decided to trade or should I just do something else with it? Don't even know how their series / set work or what season I have...just can say it's #1 to 104ish and all gold
Those are just a variant, and depending on the game, and how common it is, will be the main factor in how much someone is willing to pay. There used to be a list floating around out there that had the card numbers, level of rarity, ect, and if that's still around, it may give you something to go on.

For a quick point of reference, when I sold off my LRG Vita collection earlier last year, I sold my trading cards as well, and I sold two regular cards for over $100 a piece. And those weren't even gold, just very rare standard "Night Trap" cards I guess, but was still happy to sell for those prices. Nothing else came close, and I still have several I never sold, but if anything is "rare" enough, and the demand is there, anything is possible I suppose?

I recently got a bunch of cards that are gold, not sure if I want them...but do these have any trade value if I decided to trade or should I just do something else with it? Don't even know how their series / set work or what season I have...just can say it's #1 to 104ish and all gold
Wow, nice. I rarely get gold cards... actually I don't think I've gotten a gold card since Furi on the PS4.

As usual, got everything in my cart, go to check out, 1 item is sold out. Remove it, go to check out, 1 item is sold out, remove it and do this repeatedly until I have nothing left. fuck LRG

I managed to get these in the Blowout sale:

Switch - Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
PS4 - PSVR Blind Box x2

PS4 - Gris
PS4 - The Shapeshifting Detective
PS4 - The House in Fata Morgana

I usually stay away from the Blind Boxes but 2 VR games I want (Polybius & Tokyo Chronos) are both listed as 'Common' this time so here's hoping I get lucky and get at least one of them.

I had Blasphemous & River City Girls (both PS4) in my cart too but they sold out when I started to checkout, oh well...

pathetic games and sells out in seconds. Hopefully one of these days LRG gets real and quality JRPG's insteast of this KEMCO nonsense

Half the items I wanted were delayed when the sale went live, and some items (VA-11 HALL-A & 2064 CEs) seemingly never even went up. This of course coincided with the Switch CE blindboxes selling out, which leads me to believe that those listings were tied, which if true is total bullshit, because I waited for the actual listings that never went up, only to miss out on the listings they actually were on. I'm hoping someone can prove otherwise that those listings didn't go from "coming soon" directly to "sold out".

Picked up some of the doorbuster $10 titles, because hey, it's $10. 

Is this the first time they've had clearance discounts?  I've always been able to get what I needed from the actual sale dates, so never payed much attention to these blowouts before.

I tried to get Blasphemous by itself. I made sure my payment info was saved and all I had to do was put it in my cart, enter a texted verification code, and click a couple confirmation buttons. So I get logged in and constantly refresh for the sale to start. But instead of sending a verification text LIKE EVERY OTHER TIME it needed me to reenter my card details. Once I ran to get my wallet and entered my information it was too late. Screw LRG. Why didn’t it remember my info when it really counted?? Oh well. It’s probably for the best. I’m still waiting on an order of two items I put in six months ago and both of them just changed to “in hand”. Maybe they’ll finally ship them before summer. If I got this copy of Blasphemous I might have received it in time for next Christmas.

Picked up some of the doorbuster $10 titles, because hey, it's $10.

Is this the first time they've had clearance discounts? I've always been able to get what I needed from the actual sale dates, so never payed much attention to these blowouts before.
yes the doorbuster clearance is a new thing for LRG

I've ignored the blowout sales every year before now but I decided to grab a few games..

Picked up:

Blasphemous (PS4)

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (PS4)

Blazing Chrome (PS4)

River City Girls PAX Variant (PS4)

Salt & Sanctuary (PS4)

The PS4 stuff went live before Switch stuff, so after I grabbed those I tried for a few Switch games but I didn't want to pay the shipping charge for each so I got caught in the old trap of 1 game selling out, and the order failing, remove that one from cart, try again, and then repeat with another game. But if I cared enough to pay a shipping charge for each one I could have grabbed a few hah.

I considered Freedom Planet for PS4 but I didn't want the collector's edition so I passed on that one.

I had Switch VA-11 HALL-A Collector's Edition open in a tab but it went from Coming Soon to Sold Out for me, but there was a 15 to 20 second gap while I was in cart and not checking it. The time that one was live could only be seconds.

I totally stayed away from the Blind Boxes, I bought 3 a few years ago and it was disastrous, so never again no matter how tempting any of the listed games are.

I had Switch VA-11 HALL-A Collector's Edition open in a tab but it went from Coming Soon to Sold Out for me, but there was a 15 to 20 second gap while I was in cart and not checking it. The time that one was live could only be seconds.

I totally stayed away from the Blind Boxes, I bought 3 a few years ago and it was disastrous, so never again no matter how tempting any of the listed games are.
I was literally refreshing every second on those two, and they changed right before my eyes without an opportunity to even add to cart. The only thing I can think of is that maybe it was only accessible on mobile, but I highly doubt it. Seems more likely that they were tied to the blindboxes, which again is total bullshit, because that few minutes of delay in posting status lured me away from the actual chance in the blindboxes, however slim that may have been.

I did not want to resort to the blind boxes, because I reallyyyy didn't want to end up with a Jumanji CE. I do, however, look forward to seeing what everyone else ends up with! :)

I tried for 'Blasphemous' and 'River City Girls' (both for Switch, the latter I just started on Game Pass), but missed out. I'm okay with that, because they were more "if I can get them."

I ended up mixing some blowout sale games with preorders to save on shipping, even though it'll be, like, a year until I get them now:

- Blazing Chrome (Switch)

- Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX (switch)

- Panzer Paladin - Collector's Edition (Switch; pre-order)

- Game Tengoku CruisinMix Special (PS4) (I somehow was unaware of the original physical release)

- Senko no Ronde 2 (PS4)

- Panzer Dragoon Remake - The Original Soundtrack (pre-order)

- Shenmue III The Definitive Soundtrack Complete Collection (pre-order)

For those that bought Game Tengoku - all of the promised DLC isn't on disc. Supposedly there will be replacement discs but I have a feeling that's not going to happen.

Seems really shady of them to sell it knowing that there are issues with it.

I just did my first and probably last LRG purchase.  Maybe I’ll check again on sales like this but people’s experience waiting for pre orders sounds terrible.  I had to enter all my info from scratch, since i was a new customer, and managed to get nex machina, flint hook, and blood stained for switch!  Missed the stuff I wanted most.  Decided to try 2 PS4 CE blind boxes as well, will see how that works out.  I’m assuming jumanji or the others I’ve never heard of, but I’d be ok with about half the list and thrilled with a quarter, so worth a shot I guess.  Switch blind boxes were sold out.

Stuff that I missed: jak collection, double dragon 4, dragon lair trilogy, river city girls, Gris, and Celeste CE.  If anyone got those and would have preferred nex machina, flint hook or blood stained for switch, I would be open to a swap or a deal.

I am hopping I will get the "common" games from PS4 VR Blind Box instead of "rare" games like Red Matter and Accounting + that are still in stock at Best Buy

8720f4c62f3b186bafe67e822547a444.jpg

For those that bought Game Tengoku - all of the promised DLC isn't on disc. Supposedly there will be replacement discs but I have a feeling that's not going to happen.

Seems really shady of them to sell it knowing that there are issues with it.
Hmm. That's disappointing. I was unaware.

Glad I decided to avoid the potential hassle and pick up Clannad from Amazon jp yesterday. Ended up spending less than if I would have bought it from LRG, and I have no doubt it will get here faster.

How is Shantae and the Pirates Curse in the common tier LOL. Anyways got a bunch of blind boxes...
I had to look myself because I didn't believe this but wow, it actually is listed as common. The game goes for like $200+ new on eBay. Either they held back a ton of copies or this was a mistake.

I added 4 Switch games and 2 PS4 games into my cart. 5 of those games were sold out. I went back, added a few blind box games, and ended up getting 2 blind box games and one clearance game. Shrug. Should be fun, anyway.

Clannad appeared yesterday as an item for the sale but it wasn't there again this morning. Refreshed it for 15 min. and everything else came and went but Clannad didn't.

Half the items I wanted were delayed when the sale went live, and some items (VA-11 HALL-A & 2064 CEs) seemingly never even went up. This of course coincided with the Switch CE blindboxes selling out, which leads me to believe that those listings were tied, which if true is total bullshit, because I waited for the actual listings that never went up, only to miss out on the listings they actually were on. I'm hoping someone can prove otherwise that those listings didn't go from "coming soon" directly to "sold out".
This is what happened to me. They really need to get there s*** together.

I managed to snag the Jak games and Sundered. Missed the two Switch games I was after.

If anyone has Bloodstained or Blazing Chrome to sell or trade hit me up.

Hate how not everything went live at the same time.... I tried waiting, but lost darius so I went and ordered in batches as they went live., So I ended up with 4 different orders.  Do not like that I had to do that.

Hate how not everything went live at the same time.... I tried waiting, but lost darius so I went and ordered in batches as they went live., So I ended up with 4 different orders. Do not like that I had to do that.
And had to pay shipping on every order? If so, that’s probably why they do it, super shady.

Had no idea they had an annual Jan 1st sale, welp, 12 months to go.

I hopped on about 4 minutes early and 2 of my 3 games were available right away,

Mary Skelter 2 (Switch)

Blasphemous (PS4)

Refreshed Astebreed a bunch of times and was able to get that as well at about 1-2 minutes after.

I know a lot of people are salty at how quickly they sell out, but didn't LRG say that *most* of the titles on sale only had like 20-30 copies in the warehouse?

****Also, for those who remember my post from a few days ago my first shipment of Senran Kagura and Outer Wilds arrived on New Years Eve.  But I already got the shipping notification for the replacement shipment that LRG is going to be sending me.  I assume that means I will (eventually) have 2 copies.  LRG declared my first package as "lost" so I don't think I would have to return any of them right?

I know a lot of people are salty at how quickly they sell out, but didn't LRG say that *most* of the titles on sale only had like 20-30 copies in the warehouse?

****Also, for those who remember my post from a few days ago my first shipment of Senran Kagura and Outer Wilds arrived on New Years Eve. But I already got the shipping notification for the replacement shipment that LRG is going to be sending me. I assume that means I will (eventually) have 2 copies. LRG declared my first package as "lost" so I don't think I would have to return any of them right?
People asked about quantities beforehand and they didn't say anything beyond "extremely limited." Those of us who had been through the ringer before knew what to expect (<100 per item), but there's understandably plenty of salt from those new to the experience.

As far as the double shipment, you can send it back if you want but they're not going to hunt you down or anything if you don't. Seems like it'd be a pain for support to get one package back and all of that.

****Also, for those who remember my post from a few days ago my first shipment of Senran Kagura and Outer Wilds arrived on New Years Eve. But I already got the shipping notification for the replacement shipment that LRG is going to be sending me. I assume that means I will (eventually) have 2 copies. LRG declared my first package as "lost" so I don't think I would have to return any of them right?
I would do the honest thing and return them. LRG will probably send you a prepaid shipping label to return them if you update your ticket.

I would do the honest thing and return them. LRG will probably send you a prepaid shipping label to return them if you update your ticket.
Yeah that sounds like the bes tthing to do. I'm going to wait until I get the replacement shipment first though and then contact them.

bread's done
Back