Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Shadow Complex Remastered was one of the games that was incomparable with PS5. They later released a patch to fix it. I guess they never bother to see if it works with physical copy.
Exactly, now I have to pay $14.99 in order to play it for a game that I already own

Exactly, now I have to pay $14.99 in order to play it for a game that I already own
LRG has said that they are working with Sony to try and fix the physical version and get it working on PS5.

They have not said anything else since they mentioned it a while ago. I would wait and see if they can come up with a resolution.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/1331347470601871364

Last edited by a moderator:
My shipping notification was sent on 12-3-20. Last update was 12-19-20 when it was looking to be transferred from UPS to USPS. Anyone else been waiting this long?

My shipping notification was sent on 12-3-20. Last update was 12-19-20 when it was looking to be transferred from UPS to USPS. Anyone else been waiting this long?
Just some anecdotal info, but related to shipping right now... my local news paper sends out a free wednesday paper through the mail to everyone in the county. The one I would have normally gotten the Wednesday after Christmas came nearly a week later. That's just local. The paper for this week was a day late. So my thoughts are, USPS is still slammed and currently still crippled by the current administration. Unfortunately there's nothing you can do but wait... and when the 19th rolls around put in a ticket (pretty sure people said it had to be missing for a month) about getting a replacement. But indeed there have been a lot of shipping delays and the whole UPS Innovation is a major bottleneck in an already overly bottlenecked system.

Side note, I had ordered three games from BB around the 11th of last month. Took them till about a week ago to ship one of the games because it came from New Jersey. In fact it took so long that I forgot I hadn't even gotten it and the price dropped at BB and when I went to check the order it showed it hadn't been delivered so despite it being outside the order date window I still got the price match because it hadn't even arrived yet.

People should really forgive shipping times a bit. Now getting the game out to shipping is something else, but even the manufacturing and all has been really messed with the pandemic and all. Honestly if you want to play your games now and likely cheaper, get them digital. By the time you want to preserve them, you likely already forgot about them. If you really want a game physically and can hopefully replay for a while than just wait and pay the price for that. Media is so hit it and quit it these days that honestly I don't find myself going back to games as often anymore. I may be an outlier, but few games reach that I need to play it more than once status. I'm not a trophy or achievement hunter either. I feel most people ordering LRG have never Kickstarted anything. I have games never coming, and I have had board games arrive way after the fact and sometimes I don't care about them anymore. It's hard to keep the hype up after a few years.

I’ve got packages that I’ve shipped and have taken upwards of 5 weeks to get to the buyer. I was just seeing what everyone else was experiencing with LRG, if it was comparable to that time frame or not.

It's literally not in transit though. LRG created the shipping label last monday and hasn't even dropped it off at UPS. UPS is still awaiting the item. Not only do they fail at customer communication, they apparently fail at simple things, like fulfilment.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My Switch SOR CE got a tracking number Dec 28 but UPS still has yet to receive it. C'mon LRG!

same here with my PS4 CE
I am jealous of all of you.

I wish I had this problem.

They haven't even generated a tracking number for me. It just sits in my order history as In Hand / Unfullfilled.

They started shipping these on December 23rd... I know there were holidays and they are probably short staffed and have to keep people socially distanced... but it's been over 2 weeks and they are still shipping 2500 copies of 1 game... sigh.

I wonder if LRG is going to be the only place 'Scott Pilgram' will be available. But considering Ubisoft is involved, and always wants their games everywhere, this really surprises me too.

And they're giving it an Xbox release as well!  That's a first.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1347606795234254854?s=20

And they're giving it an Xbox release as well! That's a first.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1347606795234254854?s=20
Guessing they plan on it being a full on retail release of some kind then. They need to order 50k Xbox copies in order to do a Xbox print run.

I wonder if LRG is going to be the only place 'Scott Pilgram' will be available. But considering Ubisoft is involved, and always wants their games everywhere, this really surprises me too.
https://twitter.com/bryanleeomalley/status/1347616303322853376?s=19

Seems like it (plus their BB distro of it). They made a deal with Ubisoft. Sounds like IAm8Bit got screwed.

The only thing that annoys me with the Scott Pilgrim published by LRG is that this is a six week preorder.

I'm sure they are going to do there best to turn this one around quickly but waiting six weeks for the preorder to end and then the wait for shipping times means we are not going to get the game for a while physically.

I will probably buy a digital copy of the game on Xbox while I wait patiently for the Switch physical version.

Now where is my copy of Tiny Metal Ultimate?

It doesn't matter if Bryan Lee O'Malley likes iam8bit, he as no control over the game and it is up to Ubisoft to decide who to work with

I received shipping notification on the 23rd of December and absolutely no updates for a week. I contacted UPS and they told me to contact LRG and when I contacted LRG, they gave me a copy and paste response of "We will only look into refunds or reshipment if the item doesn't arrive in 30 days" I didn't even ask for a refund. I just wanted them to contact UPS so that they could get the ball rolling on the inquiry. Not to mention folks that it was shipped with "Expedited Shipping". I had to wait another week before it was taken to USPS for delivery. I just got it yesterday....

This is the same shipping info I have for my Atooi trading card, except mine was shipped on 10/29, transferred to USPS on 12/3, and expected delivery was 12/19. Still not delivered. I have been receiving all other orders from LRG and other companies on time, dont know why this one is any different.

This is the same shipping info I have for my Atooi trading card, except mine was shipped on 10/29, transferred to USPS on 12/3, and expected delivery was 12/19. Still not delivered. I have been receiving all other orders from LRG and other companies on time, dont know why this one is any different.
The trading card was shipped in a cardboard CD sleeve mailer, so it probably gets processed differently than packages. Also, it's square which affects it's ability to go through the sorting machines.

https://support.envelopes.com/s/article/why-does-it-cost-more-to-mail-a-square-envelope-how-much-more#:~:text=Body-,According%20to%20the%20USPS%20website%3A%20Rectangular%20envelopes%20are%20able%20to,one%20of%20it's%20longer%20sides.&text=Thus%2C%20the%20additional%20cost%20for,for%20non%2Dmachinable%20envelopes%20is%20.

FWIW, I'm still waiting for Christmas gifts to arrive than my family sent my kids back on Dec. 7th. USPS has a horrendous backlog.

For those of you waiting on packages that are already shipped out you're not alone, it's happening all over because USPS is so backed up due to "COVID", the holidays and everything else in between. A package I shipped out on Dec 15th still hasn't reached the customer yet and I had to file a missing mail request today. I doubt that it's lost, just backed up sitting somewhere like everything else because they are under staffed.

For those of you waiting on packages that are already shipped out you're not alone, it's happening all over because USPS is so backed up due to "COVID", the holidays and everything else in between. A package I shipped out on Dec 15th still hasn't reached the customer yet and I had to file a missing mail request today. I doubt that it's lost, just backed up sitting somewhere like everything else because they are under staffed.
I have a few things from ebay that are moving slow. They move, but it's taken a long time.

I feel like a jerk for bitching about LRG when the problem actually was UPS. I'll give them half of an aplogy since all the Q4 2020 games still have no updates.

I'll give them half of an aplogy since all the Q4 2020 games still have no updates.
They're actively updating 'em, at long last. Below is a breakdown of the Production Updates page -- a count of SKUs listed as “in production”, by estimated shipping date. I ran these same numbers a little over 6 hours ago, and Q4 2020 has since dropped from 29 to 27, for instance, so they're still chipping away at 'em.

December 2020 - 7
Q4 2020 - 27
2020 - 18
January 2021 - 1
February 2021 - 7
March 2021 - 1
Q1 2021 - 57
Q1/Q2 2021 - 2
Q2 2021 - 6
Q4 (no year specified) - 9
TBD - 8

Not gonna lie for $139.99 I’m a little disappointed in the KO edition of Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World. Wish it would have come with a statue for that price. But I’ll end up buying it because I suck

They're actively updating 'em, at long last. Below is a breakdown of the Production Updates page -- a count of SKUs listed as “in production”, by estimated shipping date. I ran these same numbers a little over 6 hours ago, and Q4 2020 has since dropped from 29 to 27, for instance, so they're still chipping away at 'em.

December 2020 - 7
Q4 2020 - 27
2020 - 18
January 2021 - 1
February 2021 - 7
March 2021 - 1
Q1 2021 - 57
Q1/Q2 2021 - 2
Q2 2021 - 6
Q4 (no year specified) - 9
TBD - 8
If you're interested in better shipping updates, a Reddit user has been keeping track of them similarly to how I used to in this thread. Here's a link to their most recent post: https://www.reddit.com/r/LimitedPrintGames/comments/koqfsl/ship_date_roundup_january_2021/

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1347589925328318466?s=20
Goddammit, when I heard about this I thought it was the publisher doing it, not LRG. I might get this one but my damn Ys Origin order still hasn't shipped after a month of being "on deck." And now I'm going to tie more money up with this company? Goddammit.

That's what really pisses me off, that they ask for payment up front. I freaking hate places that do that (looking at you, P-Bandai). Except, all the other places I can think of that do that at least release and ship their products when they say they will.

Goddammit. I'm sure I'll have this same a worse reaction when LRG inevitably get the rights to the Hades physical edition.

scott pilgram will be my first lrg i buy. i will probably get the complete edition since i mostly just want the book from the ko edition   

I will order Scott Pilgrim and still feel safe.

I will order Scott Pilgrim and not perceive myself as a victim or martyr.

I will order Scott Pilgrim and the sun will rise tomorrow.

I am loved.

I will order Scott Pilgrim and still feel safe.

I will order Scott Pilgrim and not perceive myself as a victim or martyr.

I will order Scott Pilgrim and the sun will rise tomorrow.

I am loved.
fc0.gif

Hi CAiNiAC!

I just don't like that LRG moved away from the $10 more than digital prices. I know Shiren for Switch is $19.99 and I don't really want to pay $35+shipping for it (a really good game nonetheless). Scott Pilgrim is pretty cool though and will probably just get the standard and likely from BB.

Yeah I own plenty of imports, but if a NA version is available I will prefer to own that one 100% of the time. I'll think about the game for now.

I'm sure it's a big enough release that Best Buy will be getting all versions including Xbox. The minimum order to get it on Xbox will probably require them to offload some to Amazon too.

I'm sure it's a big enough release that Best Buy will be getting all versions including Xbox. The minimum order to get it on Xbox will probably require them to offload some to Amazon too.
Yo Tyrok, do you know why Best Buy already sold Shante and the Sevens Sirens for Switch, but the PS4 version is still without a release date on the BB website?

Yo Tyrok, do you know why Best Buy already sold Shante and the Sevens Sirens for Switch, but the PS4 version is still without a release date on the BB website?
I recall hearing LRG saying it would ship out their orders first before supplying BBY with its orders. I don't know why BBY should have to get theirs last but I'm in no hurry.

bread's done
Back