Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Attacking the poster instead of the content of the post... typical narcissistic move. Reminds me of Josh’s posting style.
Bojay is in this thread constantly defending every bad move lrg makes, it probably is Josh

Last edited by a moderator:
Bojay is in this thread constantly defending every bad move lrg makes, it probably is Josh
Honestly man, you need to get some help. I doubt Josh or Douglas have time to create fake accounts to just interact with literally half a dozen disgruntled former customers on this thread. I guess when you believe that everything revolves around you and your needs, it becomes easy to become delusional about what other people are willing to do.

Exactly. Not to mention the answer is pretty obvious. I've lurked here for a few years now before registering to post like I'm sure many others have done. It is true that they used to post here and were more humble in the past. Now they don't engage in these types of forums at all and only post where they know will be an echo chamber of people praising them. They also seem to have big egos that I don't remember them having in the past. I guess that's easy to do so when you just ignore any valid criticism and stick only to echo chambers that praise you nonstop and will literally buy anything you put on a disc.
The obvious answer is that you were probably someone who was banned and you have created a new account to circumvent the ban. I don't know anyone that would lurk for years without creating an account. What would be the point? Also, why suddenly create an account a week ago and then make half of your posts in one niche thread among hundreds?

Attacking the poster instead of the content of the post... typical narcissistic move. Reminds me of Josh’s posting style.
Motivation and bias are important factors to consider when evaluating and responding to opinions. Of course, you're a guy who hasn't even bought from LRG in how many years now and you still are obsessed with everything they do which makes your motivation somewhat suspect.

The reality is that there are plenty of people with disposable income that will continue to buy their releases and won't complain about the delays or lack of communication because the truth is that most people with significant disposable income don't have the time to worry about it and just enjoy the experience when the products show up.
What an odd way to flex about your income and be an elitist just because you enjoy piss poor service.

What an odd way to flex about your income and be an elitist just because you enjoy piss poor service.
I don't consider it "piss poor service". I place my orders, I get my games. Sometimes it takes some extra time. Eventually they all show up and I enjoy them. I think it's far more elitist to expect that they should change their business model simply because you think they should or that other people should stop buying from them simply because you don't like the founders or how they run their business. Nobody is forcing anyone to buy even a single thing from them. By all means, stop buying from them. You can literally buy every game they have ever released digitally for a fraction of the price in most cases. Chances are your digital copies of the games will be just fine 20+ years from now.

Yes, we are very elitist because we would like them to improve their shipping and communication process that has gotten much worst over time. We are just very ungrateful people with no disposable income. I bet if we have more disposable income we would enjoy them more and not complain. Thanks for pointing that out.

Yes, we are very elitist because we would like them to improve their shipping and communication process that has gotten much worst over time. We are just very ungrateful people with no disposable income. I bet if we have more disposable income we would enjoy them more and not complain. Thanks for pointing that out.
Yes, people have been complaining about the same two issues for the past five years. You've known that there was no improvement for at least four of those years. Honestly, if they follow through and provide the regular e-mail updates they are supposedly planning, what are you going to do with that information? Will you share it with your family members and friends to keep them informed as well? LRG is obviously ruining your life and your enjoyment of video games. You should definitely stop buying their products.

[quote name="bojay1997" post="14374584" timestamp="1612059810"]

Honestly man, you need to get some help. I doubt Josh or Douglas have time to create fake accounts to just interact with literally half a dozen disgruntled former customers on this thread. I guess when you believe that everything revolves around you and your needs, it becomes easy to become delusional about what other people are willing to do. [/quote]

quote name="Jurai" post="14374582" timestamp="1612059138"]

Bojay is in this thread constantly defending every bad move lrg makes, it probably is Josh[/quote]

I think this very well may be Josh. He seems like the type to do this.

Jurai is very blunt but seems cool imo & I feel he has a fair assessment of LRG. Yea people can take that the wrong way. I like him. idc.

But the fact that Josh always calls Doug Douglas very much points to Jurai being correct. How bojay is responding hardcore to all critics of LRG, Josh def seems like the type of person to do this imo. Also, the writing style of bojay matches up with the posts from Josh’s old account.

Don’t think they don’t have a lil free time to pop in here for a moment to see how some LRG OG’s feel about them now. It’s very plausible/ highly likely.

Their customer service is horrendous / practically nonexistent. And if that is you Josh, you’re a dick. Doug was always much cooler imo.

I'm not fond of LRG's wait times especially when compared to say SRG taking orders with items on hand and ready to ship, but LRG also puts out a far greater number of releases and personally ones I'm generally more interested in. I purchase from them because they offer a product I want just as most, if not all, of you continue to do.

Lets just be honest here. While, bojay's white-knighting can grow tiresome this place is an echo chamber of the highest degree.

Yes, people have been complaining about the same two issues for the past five years. You've known that there was no improvement for at least four of those years. Honestly, if they follow through and provide the regular e-mail updates they are supposedly planning, what are you going to do with that information? Will you share it with your family members and friends to keep them informed as well? LRG is obviously ruining your life and your enjoyment of video games. You should definitely stop buying their products.
Why is it an issue for a company to provide communication update to their paying customer? It would be nice to know why you haven't received your order and when to expect it, especially since they have your money for months. A lot of decent companies do provide this information, so why should LRG be the exception?

LRG has not ruined my life. Is there a reason why you get really defensive and try to talk down to others when there are valid issues that even LRG acknowledge that they have? What is your personal stake in LRG for you to get heated?

The obvious answer is that you were probably someone who was banned and you have created a new account to circumvent the ban. I don't know anyone that would lurk for years without creating an account. What would be the point? Also, why suddenly create an account a week ago and then make half of your posts in one niche thread among hundreds?
Bojay why are you still here? You have been defending them for years and every time you do, you catch flak for it. It seems pretty clear the people on this forum do not like you yet your still here. These people are entitled to their opinions just as you are ,so if they feel LRG has poor customer service, then let them think that. Should not make a difference to you what they say. If you do not like it then go elsewhere.

I have quite a bit of disposable income that I regularly spend on games, I used to buy a ton of LRG titles then I literally started forgetting about them because they took so long to ship. When you speak for people with disposable income do yourself a favor and speak for yourself. Generalizing what people do in order to fit your narrative is borderline sociopathic. I, personally, am tired of their shipping times. I do not even play the games I get from them, I just stack them on my bookshelf. However, when I place an order I would like timely shipping. If they post a shipping window, I expect them to stick to it. I do not expect a timeframe posted and the timeframe to be consistently changed. If you do not plan to stick to that window then do not post it, otherwise for many customers, it will lead to false expectations and disappointment.

There is a middle ground where you decide to read the post and take understandable points away from what someone says but also have your disagreements on their ideology. The problem for you is it either one way or the other. There is no middle ground. Maybe start respecting other people opinions instead of diminishing them.

I buy Limited Run when I really want a game in physical that's exclusive to them. I've stopped buying so many impulse games from them because I don't like the delays. Rather just buy it for $50 on eBay later if I change my mind (and I rarely do).

If you don't like Limited Run, take comfort in the fact that their days are numbered. Despite their success, LRG already has a failing business model since the jump to digital is inevitable. Pretty soon they'll be relegated to a bunch of knockoff NES carts which no one in their right mind would buy and you'll be safely able to ignore them. I also don't see PS5 collecting taking off as hot as Switch collecting did, so the end might be sooner than you think.

I buy Limited Run when I really want a game in physical that's exclusive to them. I've stopped buying so many impulse games from them because I don't like the delays. Rather just buy it for $50 on eBay later if I change my mind (and I rarely do).

If you don't like Limited Run, take comfort in the fact that their days are numbered. Despite their success, LRG already has a failing business model since the jump to digital is inevitable. Pretty soon they'll be relegated to a bunch of knockoff NES carts which no one in their right mind would buy and you'll be safely able to ignore them. I also don't see PS5 collecting taking off as hot as Switch collecting did, so the end might be sooner than you think.
quote name="Jurai" post="14374582" timestamp="1612059138"]

I think this very well may be Josh. He seems like the type to do this.

Jurai is very blunt but seems cool imo & I feel he has a fair assessment of LRG. Yea people can take that the wrong way. I like him. idc.

But the fact that Josh always calls Doug Douglas very much points to Jurai being correct. How bojay is responding hardcore to all critics of LRG, Josh def seems like the type of person to do this imo. Also, the writing style of bojay matches up with the posts from Josh’s old account.

Don’t think they don’t have a lil free time to pop in here for a moment to see how some LRG OG’s feel about them now. It’s very plausible/ highly likely.

Their customer service is horrendous / practically nonexistent. And if that is you Josh, you’re a dick. Doug was always much cooler imo.
[/QUOTE]Josh must be a diabolical genius then to have set up an account here over 17 years ago using Los Angeles as his location and then continued to maintain the same backup name for all of his social media accounts that whole time just so he could argue with haters after his business that didn't even exist yet took off. Great detective work though.

Bojay why are you still here? You have been defending them for years and every time you do, you catch flak for it. It seems pretty clear the people on this forum do not like you yet your still here. These people are entitled to their opinions just as you are ,so if they feel LRG has poor customer service, then let them think that. Should not make a difference to you what they say. If you do not like it then go elsewhere.

I have quite a bit of disposable income that I regularly spend on games, I used to buy a ton of LRG titles then I literally started forgetting about them because they took so long to ship. When you speak for people with disposable income do yourself a favor and speak for yourself. Generalizing what people do in order to fit your narrative is borderline sociopathic. I, personally, am tired of their shipping times. I do not even play the games I get from them, I just stack them on my bookshelf. However, when I place an order I would like timely shipping. If they post a shipping window, I expect them to stick to it. I do not expect a timeframe posted and the timeframe to be consistently changed. If you do not plan to stick to that window then do not post it, otherwise for many customers, it will lead to false expectations and disappointment.

There is a middle ground where you decide to read the post and take understandable points away from what someone says but also have your disagreements on their ideology. The problem for you is it either one way or the other. There is no middle ground. Maybe start respecting other people opinions instead of diminishing them.
I've been here since the beginning. There are quite a few LRG fans that still post here and actually post information about upcoming releases. Like I said, if you don't like LRG or any aspect of their business practices, feel free to stop buying from them. The reality is that almost all of the people that constantly bitch about them and have for the last five years continue to buy from them whether that's directly or through Best Buy or from a reseller. In the end, they are continuing to support LRG and as a result, LRG will continue to thrive.

As for the rest, this forum and particularly this thread were not designed as a forum for feedback about LRG. There was actually a separate thread started for this kind of discussion but the haters stopped using it because they realized it was no fun if it didn't irritate the rest of us and so they came back.

You talk about a "middle ground", but as soon as someone says they don't have issues with the way LRG runs their business, there is no acceptance that anyone could have a different opinion and the attacks claiming that it must be a shill account start. It's just getting old after five years and it's all starting to remind me of the little kid who keeps threatening his parents that he is going to run away from home if they don't give into his demands. Do it already so the rest of us can continue enjoying what LRG and the other limited companies are continuing to do successfully.

Why is it an issue for a company to provide communication update to their paying customer? It would be nice to know why you haven't received your order and when to expect it, especially since they have your money for months. A lot of decent companies do provide this information, so why should LRG be the exception?

LRG has not ruined my life. Is there a reason why you get really defensive and try to talk down to others when there are valid issues that even LRG acknowledge that they have? What is your personal stake in LRG for you to get heated?
I don't think it's an "issue", I just don't think it's particularly useful and really is not going to do anything to quell the complaints. I mean I buy from lots of limited companies including Iam8Bit and Mondo and their updates are infrequent and often not helpful. Ultimately, these aren't terribly expensive items and I'm not going to worry about $30-$50 games that haven't shipped yet anymore than I worry about the stuff I have preordered at Gamestop or Best Buy or Amazon that hasn't shipped yet or has been delayed by the publisher repeatedly.

I'll be honest with you, the personal attacks on the founders in the last few days really set me off. I mean Douglas owns a Delorean which in the condition he owns it costs substantially less than the SUV and electric sedan that I own. I suspect most of us own cars that cost more than a used Delorean. Similarly, Josh apparently bought a collection for his forthcoming store and took the opportunity to add some desirable items to his own collection. So what? I mean there are plenty of collectors who spend a few thousand a month on games and other collectibles. Is a guy who owns a successful business not supposed to buy things that make him happy just because every element of his business doesn't work exactly the way some people think it should? I mean nothing about his posts struck me as bragging and instead I felt happy for him that he found some cool games that he had been searching for in really premium condition.

Bojay, no one ever said that you can't enjoy LRG or the product they produce. Well at least I have never had. The problem is that you get very heated over valid complaints that community has over this company many poor practice, which they even admitted to. If this issue does not exist then why would they acknowledging them?

You preach about acceptance but how can you do that when you cannot accept other opinions? You may not think the information is useful for you but that doesn't mean it won't be useful for others. Have you ever stop to think why others will find these information useful or why someone would like their order in a timely matter? Do you think that people are home 24/7, don't have to take business trip, or even vacation? 

Bojay, no one ever said that you can't enjoy LRG or the product they produce. Well at least I have never had. The problem is that you get very heated over valid complaints that community has over this company many poor practice, which they even admitted to. If this issue does not exist then why would they acknowledging them?

You preach about acceptance but how can you do that when you cannot accept other opinions? You may not think the information is useful for you but that doesn't mean it won't be useful for others. Have you ever stop to think why others will find those information will be useful or why someone would like their order in a timely matter? Do you think that people are home 24/7, don't have to take business trip, or even vacation?
I'm not the one preaching about acceptance. You are the one asserting that these are "valid" complaints and that the contrary perspective is somehow invalid. I see them as complaints and while I agree that people are free to hold whatever opinion they wish, I don't agree that there is any benefit to repeatedly posting the same complaints year after year on a thread that LRG doesn't even interact with in any way. Again, what value is there to LRG constantly updating when something might ship? Are you going to schedule your business trip or family vacation around it? I mean you can do a postal mail hold from any smartphone anywhere in the world in mere seconds if you are concerned once you receive a shipping notice. You can also use informed delivery which scans every piece of mail and package you will receive each day. If you have such a crazy life that a potential delay of the delivery of a video game is going to dictate when you can work or vacation, maybe it's time to find a different hobby.

I don't agree that there is any benefit to repeatedly posting the same complaints year after year on a thread that LRG doesn't even interact with in any way. Again, what value is there to LRG constantly updating when something might ship?
It's called venting. That's the value to us and it's probably better that it's on a thread they don't check. If you don't like it, find another place to post about LRG in that meets your standards. You won't find it... because you're in the minority.

Oh, bojay. I'd say never change but you haven't in 20 years so there's that. This is how he's always been. He's an entertainment attorney so he's programmed to be argumentative for splash. He is most definitely not Josh or Dougie. Ignore him and carry on with your regularly scheduled conversation.

Speaking of which, so much for the Xmas present... I mean Valentine's Day... I mean, now birthday present in the form of the SC5 bundle for the Mrs. The sad part is I ordered it on August 1st and figured it would take 4 months to arrive and it didn't even meet that. An update from LRG would be useful so I would know how to plan gift buying, but, it doesn't benefit LRG, so why do it, right bojay?

Speaking of which, so much for the Xmas present... I mean Valentine's Day... I mean, now birthday present in the form of the SC5 bundle for the Mrs. The sad part is I ordered it on August 1st and figured it would take 4 months to arrive and it didn't even meet that. An update from LRG would be useful so I would know how to plan gift buying, but, it doesn't benefit LRG, so why do it, right bojay?
should be soon I just got my copy of Space Channel 5 standard edition yesterday

I'm not the one preaching about acceptance. You are the one asserting that these are "valid" complaints and that the contrary perspective is somehow invalid. I see them as complaints and while I agree that people are free to hold whatever opinion they wish, I don't agree that there is any benefit to repeatedly posting the same complaints year after year on a thread that LRG doesn't even interact with in any way. Again, what value is there to LRG constantly updating when something might ship? Are you going to schedule your business trip or family vacation around it? I mean you can do a postal mail hold from any smartphone anywhere in the world in mere seconds if you are concerned once you receive a shipping notice. You can also use informed delivery which scans every piece of mail and package you will receive each day. If you have such a crazy life that a potential delay of the delivery of a video game is going to dictate when you can work or vacation, maybe it's time to find a different hobby.
It's so you can arrange appropriate arrangements to get your package inside your place when you are not home or available. There's also the issue of LRG giving you shipping notice weeks in advance when they haven't even actually ship your package. It just sit there for weeks. Do you think LRG will provide adequate service or provide full replacement if my package get lost or stolen? If you keep missing your shipping deadline and have poor customer service constantly it is an issue. Also my hobbies does not revolve around LRG nor is it the main focus.

What is really crazy is that you are getting really set off over comments made about two guys that you probably never met or have any personal interaction with in your life. You have suggested that another member has a mental issue or unhealthy fasciation with the founders of LRG, but really can't the same thing be said about you? You are getting worked up about some comments that is not even directed towards you.

Well, you take care and enjoy your purchases.

Is there a good reason why they would print out shipping labels so far in advance knowing emails will be sent out? Do shipping costs really fluctuate that much that locking them in on a certain day would be worth doing or whatever?

This is actually not that uncommon for companies to buy old or inactive accounts and astroturf using those. I'm assuming the real Bojay1997 that originally used this account no longer has time for gaming, works in some office in downtown LA and sold his account to Josh to make it look legitimate.
This might be the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on this forum. Not only have I had this same account for 17 years, but I have been actively posting here for that entire time. Anyway, back to your account. Please explain to us again how you have been lurking for five years and decided a week ago to register your account and spend most of your time posting in this thread. Are you the owner of one of LRG's competitors? I'll bet you're that guy from VBlank who keeps releasing the same mediocre game over and over and over again and who believes LRG stole his business idea. That's got to be the only explanation, right?

It's so you can arrange appropriate arrangements to get your package inside your place when you are not home or available. There's also the issue of LRG giving you shipping notice weeks in advance when they haven't even actually ship your package. It just sit there for weeks. Do you think LRG will provide adequate service or provide full replacement if my package get lost or stolen? If you keep missing your shipping deadline and have poor customer service constantly it is an issue. Also my hobbies does not revolve around LRG nor is it the main focus.

What is really crazy is that you are getting really set off over comments made about two guys that you probably never met or have any personal interaction with in your life. You have suggested that another member has a mental issue or unhealthy fasciation with the founders of LRG, but really can't the same thing be said about you? You are getting worked up about some comments that is not even directed towards you.

Well, you take care and enjoy your purchases.
I can only speak for what I have seen on other forums, but they replace lost and stolen packages and I'm not aware of a single person that has not been offered either a replacement or a refund in those situations. I suppose I worry about shipping slowdowns less because I import a lot of video games from Europe and there are constant delays and points where the tracking may be invalid for months. All I can say is that I have always received my games whether it's from LRG or the numerous other companies in this space.

You're right that I have never met Josh or Douglas, but there are lots of other business owners I've never met either. It doesn't mean that I can't have compassion for other people that share my hobby and are providing a service that I have enjoyed for the last five years.

Is there a good reason why they would print out shipping labels so far in advance knowing emails will be sent out? Do shipping costs really fluctuate that much that locking them in on a certain day would be worth doing or whatever?
From what I've read, the labels are tied to how they manage their inventory and so it's part of the process of fulfillment even if the package doesn't go out that day. Best Buy was doing the same thing around the holidays, so I'm not sure if it was the same process or there was some other reason that labels and confirmations were going out but packages weren't being handed to UPS for 3-6 days. LRG also mentioned on one of the forums that their local post office is small and cannot accommodate large amounts of packages at once, so that apparently leads to some delays as well. Not sure if there is a larger postal facility in their area that could accommodate faster/larger volume processing.

They probably only have them picked up once a week.

From what I've read, the labels are tied to how they manage their inventory and so it's part of the process of fulfillment even if the package doesn't go out that day. Best Buy was doing the same thing around the holidays, so I'm not sure if it was the same process or there was some other reason that labels and confirmations were going out but packages weren't being handed to UPS for 3-6 days. LRG also mentioned on one of the forums that their local post office is small and cannot accommodate large amounts of packages at once, so that apparently leads to some delays as well. Not sure if there is a larger postal facility in their area that could accommodate faster/larger volume processing.
Best Buy stores get daily pickups from UPS, FedEx and USPS but the volume last month was so great that they were just being tossed into rented trucks without being scanned first. Sometimes post office temps were just taking them in their own cars. That's why it took that long to show movement not because they were printing labels early and not packing them.

I kind of doubt it's in LRGs budget to get daily pickups like that.

Any word if Fight N Rage was getting a Best Buy release for either switch or ps4? nothing written on either version's description on the LRG page.

They take all your money up front and then ship their timed edition, additional-future-release games to you whenever they feel like it. Often times taking up to one year.
I think we can all blame Kickstarter for making that a viable business model, by changing their Patreon style vision to a Pre-order service.

I finally got my Streets of Rage 4 Limited Edition last week.

It took about the same amount of time to get my order that it takes to make an entire person.

It's possible a pregnancy could have beat out the order by a few days.

Thank you Limited Run for birthing this game.

I'm really cutting back on my Limited Run orders due to the long wait times. All I have outstanding now is the Shantae clear vinyl that is going to be shipping out by Q4 2020 - that one was great since they made it seem like it was already produced when I ordered it as the original item listing page did not say anything about a potential ship date at all, so with no date it appeared it was ready to go. A few days later they updated it to say Q4 2020.. grumble.

And I guess I have one more order I placed for Fight N Rage and Scott Pilgrim... just glad I only have 2 outstanding orders and not 20.

Just mentioning that Revenge of the Bird King sucks IMHO. I think I got for like 3 cents or something on the Switch, and it was just a punishing old school 2D platformer with long levels. I'm not sure if the game had check points. I felt like I was ramming my head against the wall, and I couldn't beat level 1 after about 45 minutes of play. I gave up on it shortly afterward.

And I guess I have one more order I placed for Fight N Rage and Scott Pilgrim... just glad I only have 2 outstanding orders and not 20.
I'm not interested in Fight N Rage, but Scott Pilgrim (switch & ps4 versions) are heading to BestBuy so I'm more than fine just waiting that one out. I did that with Shantae Seven Sirens (for the switch version) and that worked out well. Just gotta be ready when they show up.

Just mentioning that Revenge of the Bird King sucks IMHO. I think I got for like 3 cents or something on the Switch, and it was just a punishing old school 2D platformer with long levels. I'm not sure if the game had check points. I felt like I was ramming my head against the wall, and I couldn't beat level 1 after about 45 minutes of play. I gave up on it shortly afterward.
Yes the game sucks. I bought it during the same sale and still feel ripped off. It's also by one of the LRG employees.

Anyone know if The Complex is a preorder or a limited quantity run? Their tweet says it's limited in the text, but the picture says it will be a preorder. I'm confused.
It's limited. They started doing that quite a while ago because people assumed that if it was limited quantity and didn't say "pre-order" as well, it would ship right away. Also, they put it up on their store and it looks like there are 1,500 copies of The Complex and 1,500 copies of the gladiator game.

bread's done
Back