Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
With their recent tweet about a character who’s not an athlete but always scores and XSeeds subsequent reply there’s a good chance No more Heroes 1-2 physical will be announced tomorrow

With their recent tweet about a character who’s not an athlete but always scores and XSeeds subsequent reply there’s a good chance No more Heroes 1-2 physical will be announced tomorrow
This is probably the big title that is supposed to go on sale next Friday 3/12 then.

I was hoping there would be a retail release dual-pack (both games, one cart) of the first two 'No More Heroes' titles, but I should've known if this is true.

I just received a shipping notification for Tiny Metal Ultimate. Almost one year later, ordered on March 17, 2020

It's happening. I believe this is the longest it has took for them to ship a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
each game getting its own release, not even a bundle pack. 4 week open preorder

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1367529650759602179?s=20

I just suddenly heard a horrific screeching in the distance.

It was my wallet's death throes as it shook off the mortal coil.

RIP

EDIT: the initial "oh cool" feeling of seeing this has worn off, and I just can't justify tying up $140 in LRG for stuff I won't see until next year. Now that the physical editions have been confirmed to be LRG (my greatest fear), I may finally pick up the digital ones for $20 a pop on the eshop, in preparation for the third game this summer.

never ordered from lrg
im guessing if i preorder both i wont see em til like next year or something right?
do they charge right away?

I guess that is pretty cool, if you can get the duo of games for $70.  From a specialty shop that's almost as good as a bundle.  I might actually spring for those CEs.  Steelbook + CD soundtrack = doing things correctly.  They even got the titles on the spines so that's rock solid. 

I do still think those No More Heroes CEs should be $59.99 though. It's alllllways gotta be that extra bit of LRG tax + shipping.  I'd be fine with $69.99 if that included the shipping.  Then you remember that it's going to take them like 9 months to ship it to you and it's just like bleh.

This is the constant struggle I always go through in my mind with rationalizing LRG purchases; suddenly a $70 premium purchase (on an old game) becomes $80.  Plus the titles are split up making me feel like a foolish customer.  I'd be buying two of these afterall.

It's all a bit much.

Are we supposed to act like the no The No More Heroes games are anything above mediocre? 

each game getting its own release, not even a bundle pack. 4 week open preorder

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1367529650759602179?s=20[/size]
That's a cool steelbook, but no thanks. It's all a bit much.

I'll wait until when(/if) NMH comes to Playstation to buy it. I'm less certain about it being a timed exclusive than things like Panzer Dragoon or Brigandine because 2 never left Nintendo AFAIK but considering how long my backlog is and how little I play my Switch I'm also comfortable missing out on them if they don't make the jump.

I'll wait until when(/if) NMH comes to Playstation to buy it. I'm less certain about it being a timed exclusive than things like Panzer Dragoon or Brigandine because 2 never left Nintendo AFAIK but considering how long my backlog is and how little I play my Switch I'm also comfortable missing out on them if they don't make the jump.
I’m with you on that one. I know SONY has dropped the ball on somethings but I prefer releases physical on PS rather than Switch. The only Switch game I played on mine fully was the Link’s Awakening remake as that is my favorite Zelda game.

Boy am I an idiot. Yesterday I was thinking "LRG is going to be greedy and sell No More Heroes 1+2 for $50 or $60."

Nope, just separate releases and way too much.

Damn LRG. Scott Pilgrim, Curse of the Moon 2, Hero Must Die Again, and now NMH 1 & 2 in just a 2 month span. Wait till we got our $1400 check. 

It's lame that the No More Heroes games are split up, but on the bright side they've become so predictable that it's impossible to be disappointed anymore:

Hoping for better things next year, although my actual predictions are Switch versions of the No More Heroes games released alongside the new one (sold separately, of course) and a repro of Maximum Carnage to coincide with the new Venom movie.
I guess now we're just waiting for the Venom-adjacent repros that no one asked for. Maximum Carnage and Separation Anxiety, here we come!

Boy am I an idiot. Yesterday I was thinking "LRG is going to be greedy and sell No More Heroes 1+2 for $50 or $60."

Nope, just separate releases and way too much.
They released Blaster Master Zero 1 and 2 as separate releases for a similar price too. Meanwhile Japan just got a Blaster Master Zero 1-3 collection with everything on cart (I assume). Though not sure the price of that just yet, I imagine it would be $50 to $60. Typical LRG. The only reason Grandia 1 and 2 weren't released on separate carts was because the the digital version had them together.

Other than the Atooi Collection on 3DS, I can't think of one time where they bundled multiple digital games into one release.

Didn't they say at one point that bundling games onto a single disc or cart requires recertification with ESRB (and maybe Sony/Nintendo)? I feel like this was discussed a couple years ago

The price is still a bit high....but at least they're starting to put books into their CEs. I'm seriously debating the $140 bundle (game, soundtrack, steelbook, art book).

Didn't they say at one point that bundling games onto a single disc or cart requires recertification with ESRB (and maybe Sony/Nintendo)? I feel like this was discussed a couple years ago

The price is still a bit high....but at least they're starting to put books into their CEs. I'm seriously debating the $140 bundle (game, soundtrack, steelbook, art book).
They said it wasn't possible without building a new binary (this is specifically a reference to PS3 games, but it's the same excuse they've used on other platforms):

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/1043953744449339393

Which is not the case, as we've seen with games like Shenmue 1/2, Cat Quest 1/2, and Steamworld Collection. You can just put multiple titles on the same disc and have them function as two separate games.

They said it wasn't possible without building a new binary (this is specifically a reference to PS3 games, but it's the same excuse they've used on other platforms):

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/1043953744449339393

Which is not the case, as we've seen with games like Shenmue 1/2, Cat Quest 1/2, and Steamworld Collection. You can just put multiple titles on the same disc and have them function as two separate games.
What??? Those LRG guys are never deceptive and are always completely transparent.

They released Blaster Master Zero 1 and 2 as separate releases for a similar price too. Meanwhile Japan just got a Blaster Master Zero 1-3 collection with everything on cart (I assume). Though not sure the price of that just yet, I imagine it would be $50 to $60. Typical LRG. The only reason Grandia 1 and 2 weren't released on separate carts was because the the digital version had them together.

Other than the Atooi Collection on 3DS, I can't think of one time where they bundled multiple digital games into one release.
I never thought I’d see the day when importing a game from Japan would be cheaper than the US release for it.

I never thought I’d see the day when importing a game from Japan would be cheaper than the US release for it.
Importing LRG released games that are released by other publishers in Europe or Japan has almost always been cheaper, AFAIK. For example, I recall games like Wonder Boy and Skull Girls Encore PS4 being ones that were literally half or a third of the price if you selected to import a copy from Japan (many of these have full English support). Then there are also the European releases such as Rabi-Ribi which was only $10-12 imported. This is why region free consoles are awesome.

It is just extra work for less money to bundle games. Why would they want to do that?
I think with basically any game just skyrocketing in value after it sells out these days, something like LGR becomes an easier sell- you know you have a 4 week window to buy the game and then that's it. Copies might show up at BBY and may stick around to be discounted, but you really don't know how many copies/how long they'll last.

On the plus side, my NS blind boxes are on the way... the pick-up times in the past were like 7-10 days but this time, it got picked up relatively quickly. Should be here Tuesday. Come on Pirate's Curse...

I think with basically any game just skyrocketing in value after it sells out these days, something like LGR becomes an easier sell- you know you have a 4 week window to buy the game and then that's it. Copies might show up at BBY and may stick around to be discounted, but you really don't know how many copies/how long they'll last.

On the plus side, my NS blind boxes are on the way... the pick-up times in the past were like 7-10 days but this time, it got picked up relatively quickly. Should be here Tuesday. Come on Pirate's Curse...
I'm not following here - the potential value increase on the secondary market (6-9 months later, when it finally ships) doesn't really have anything to do with the effort LRG does or doesn't incorporate into their releases.

From their end, their goal more and more appears to be making as much money as possible. Which shouldn't be surprising, since they're a business at the end of the day. But the number of consumer-unfriendly decisions they've made like discontinuing rewards programs, splitting collections into individual releases, or relegating the remaining copies of Pirate's Curse to their retail store or blindboxes (to help them clear out inventory like Jumanji) just continues to disappoint me.

I'm not following here - the potential value increase on the secondary market (6-9 months later, when it finally ships) doesn't really have anything to do with the effort LRG does or doesn't incorporate into their releases.

From their end, their goal more and more appears to be making as much money as possible. Which shouldn't be surprising, since they're a business at the end of the day. But the number of consumer-unfriendly decisions they've made like discontinuing rewards programs, splitting collections into individual releases, or relegating the remaining copies of Pirate's Curse to their retail store or blindboxes (to help them clear out inventory like Jumanji) just continues to disappoint me.
From what I see, prices on eBay skyrocket the minute LRG cuts off preorders from things as long as there's some kind of a following. I'm looking at Scott Pilgrim right now and standard editions are already going for $70. Granted, SP might have a stronger following than NMH but I'd wager the same will happen within days of the NMH cut-off. It just seemed like the same for many of their releases so I was trying to say, people think the same thing as I do and just say "fuck it, I'll just buy from LRG now" regardless of how over priced it is since it's likely to go up even more.

To your second paragraph though, yeah, I agree. I bought 2 NS blind boxes because they showed that Pirate's Curse is listed as common/66% of boxes... but I have no idea of knowing how many of those 66% are actually Pirate's Curse vs Jumanji- their threshold for common could be more than 50 copies, in which chase they might only have 50 copies of Shantae and 5,000 copies of Jumanji and both are tech "common".

From what I see, prices on eBay skyrocket the minute LRG cuts off preorders from things as long as there's some kind of a following. I'm looking at Scott Pilgrim right now and standard editions are already going for $70. Granted, SP might have a stronger following than NMH but I'd wager the same will happen within days of the NMH cut-off. It just seemed like the same for many of their releases so I was trying to say, people think the same thing as I do and just say "fuck it, I'll just buy from LRG now" regardless of how over priced it is since it's likely to go up even more.
Right, but that's still on the customer side.

What 62t and I were discussing is how LRG makes these decisions. When they have the ability to sell a collection for $60 (ballpark) or two separate games for $35 each, they'll choose two sell two separate games because they can make more money that way, despite the fact that it's more consumer-friendly to offer a single, cheaper package.

What you're saying is that the price pill is relatively easy to swallow despite it being consumer-unfriendly because the secondhand market can recoup that value most of the time (if not provide a modest profit after fees/shipping) if you change your mind or have buyer's regret.

I don't think we're in disagreement, we were just talking apples and oranges for the last few posts.

What 62t and I were discussing is how LRG makes these decisions. When they have the ability to sell a collection for $60 (ballpark) or two separate games for $35 each, they'll choose two sell two separate games because they can make more money that way, despite the fact that it's more consumer-friendly to offer a single, cheaper package.

What you're saying is that the price pill is relatively easy to swallow despite it being consumer-unfriendly because the secondhand market can recoup that value most of the time (if not provide a modest profit after fees/shipping) if you change your mind or have buyer's regret.

I don't think we're in disagreement, we were just talking apples and oranges for the last few posts.
In these examples, it's partly based on customer misinformation since Best Buy is going to carry these games, albeit without the card and with different cover art - if those things even matter to folks.

Finally got my NYE order today, which included 2 PSVR Blind Boxes.

I was hoping to get Polybius and/or Tokyo Chronos, both of which were in the Common Tier and would've been great deals at $29.99 each.
Naturally, I ended up receiving Race the Sun & Neonwall, both of which I already own and have poor resale value. Ugh.

On the plus side, one of the Blind Box trading cards ended up being a Printing Plate!

aecd7b3766d0d8e641efce6ce06272c2.jpg

Gotcha, I follow you now.

Yes. They also don't come with trading cards, in case that's something you're interested in.
Wow so I just did a Google search and it turns out my Windjammers is different from other ones. Oh well I won't cry about it. I'm just glad to have a physical copy.

I knew about the trading cards, but considering I only have one LRG copy it isn't a big deal I collect enough stuff.

Wow so I just did a Google search and it turns out my Windjammers is different from other ones. Oh well I won't cry about it. I'm just glad to have a physical copy.

I knew about the trading cards, but considering I only have one LRG copy it isn't a big deal I collect enough stuff.
If you don't care about the cards like me, I don't think you should be bothered at all with the different cover art, either.

Frankly, I prefer Best Buy because I can easily add a bluray or other item, get free shipping, and have the game at my door in a week or less, rather than have my money tied to LRG for who-knows-how-long, and with LRG's more expensive shipping and handling costs. Also, getting Best Buy points is a nice extra, too. Easily outweighs the different cover art and the lack of any card and sticker.

Or may be those things matter to you. I reached a point a long time ago where collecting "junk" beside the game and game case do NOT matter to me. Nowadays, where the vast majority of games don't even have any manuals or cool inserts, I honestly care most about just having a nice, working game disc. The rest of it is disposable clutter for me.

bread's done
Back