Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I think this might be true. I had a dispute with LRG last year because my Streets of Rage 4 Genesis Edition didn't have the actual Streets of Rage 4 cart in the box. Now I open up everything I get from LRG or any of these on demand publishers.
Well fuck me, that's not what I wanna hear.

I'm def part of the 90% that don't open my games since I generally only open games once I get ready to play them. But this has been me since like over a decade now- if I ever buy new, I just don't bother opening the game until I play it. But only recently did I realize that I rarely buy used anymore since I don't have the time to do the leg work to find used games anymore, so usually just end up buying games I want new (esp with CEs since it seems like they're much harder to get on sale for most of the games I want). I only realized this after I took inventory a few weeks ago- nearly all of my PS4 and NS games are still sealed (prob like 80%).

Well fuck me, that's not what I wanna hear.

I'm def part of the 90% that don't open my games since I generally only open games once I get ready to play them. But this has been me since like over a decade now- if I ever buy new, I just don't bother opening the game until I play it. But only recently did I realize that I rarely buy used anymore since I don't have the time to do the leg work to find used games anymore, so usually just end up buying games I want new (esp with CEs since it seems like they're much harder to get on sale for most of the games I want). I only realized this after I took inventory a few weeks ago- nearly all of my PS4 and NS games are still sealed (prob like 80%).
I'm similar to you, though I only buy standard editions (don't see any need to buy CE unless it's on sale for at/near the same price as the reg. edition). That all said, I've been opening all my games of late to ensure they play without issue since last thing I want is that when I *eventually* get around to playing it, I don't want to encounter a non-working item that's now far outside any return period (let alone, availability).

Last edited by a moderator:
Estimated Ship Date changed to Q4 2021:Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 200 (98.5%)
  • On Deck: 3 (1.5%)
Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • TBD: 93 (45.8%)
  • Q2 2021: 44 (21.7%)
  • August 2021: 19 (9.4%)
  • July 2021: 12 (5.9%)
  • June 2021: 10 (4.9%)
  • Q4 2021: 8 (3.9%)
  • May 2021: 7 (3.4%)
  • October 2021: 3 (1.5%)
  • Q3 2021: 3 (1.5%)
  • Q1 2021: 1 (0.5%)

20210526-173902418-i-OS.jpg

No street dates yet but lately it's been 2 weeks after stock starts showing up in stores.
Dates have been updated to 6/4 on all of these.

Can you show us the cover of Doom 64?
20210528-135355333-i-OS.jpg

So my copy of Shantae GBC doesn't save... anyone else have this issue?

I save at the Save House and if I turn it off or reset the game there is no file. Every slot says "New" (link to images on Twitter)
You opened your copy!?!? What? We don't play these "limited" games, just collect for ourselves or to resell....... LOL

No but seriously, with the inside damage and/or missing pieces reported earlier, and now possible saves not working, makes me wonder about some of my LRG games from the past few years I have yet to open. Damn it!

Production Status changed to On Deck:Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 199 (98.0%)
  • On Deck: 4 (2.0%)
  • TBD: 94 (46.3%)
  • Q2 2021: 43 (21.2%)
  • August 2021: 19 (9.4%)
  • July 2021: 12 (5.9%)
  • June 2021: 10 (4.9%)
  • Q4 2021: 8 (3.9%)
  • May 2021: 5 (2.5%)
  • Q3 2021: 4 (2.0%)
  • October 2021: 3 (1.5%)
  • Q1 2021: 1 (0.5%)

You opened your copy!?!? What? We don't play these "limited" games, just collect for ourselves or to resell....... LOL

No but seriously, with the inside damage and/or missing pieces reported earlier, and now possible saves not working, makes me wonder about some of my LRG games from the past few years I have yet to open. Damn it!
You and me both buddy.

I receive prob... 1% of my packages via DHL and they are by far the worst carrier because they don't know our area/building. Package thefts are common in our area and very easy to pull off due to so many people using delivery services (easy for anyone to pretend to be a delivery person, walk up to a building with an fake package, pretend like they're at wrong building and swap boxes with a real package and walk away). UPS, FedEx and USPS all know to use the side/buzz in entries in our area buildings... DHL just leaves packages at the front, out in the open. 

Although LRG is switching to DHL, the final delivery will still be made by USPS for domestic packages. It's the same type of service as UPS Mail Innovations. Just replace UPS with DHL for an example of how it works.

Although LRG is switching to DHL, the final delivery will still be made by USPS for domestic packages. It's the same type of service as UPS Mail Innovations. Just replace UPS with DHL for an example of how it works.
Why not just send the games out first class parcel or priority for the bigger stuff if they are concerned about "service"?

Why not just send the games out first class parcel or priority for the bigger stuff if they are concerned about "service"?
From what I gathered in previous years, their local USPS office isn't really big enough to handle the volume and they are unwilling to take packages the extra distance to a facility that can handle it.

Overall as long as it's DHL->USPS... I'm fine with it as long as it doesn't add even further delay to shipping. If it were just DHL doing the whole thing I'd feel a lot more bothered as DHL has pretty much no presence in my area. But I probably have at least the end of the year if not early next year before my one outstanding order (Castlevania Collection on Switch) actually ships. So plenty of time to watch and see how other people's orders are handled with this change to DHL.

Eh it still sucks either way it seems. The problem for me is always the USPS hand off. Again, it's happening where UPS has said they delivered it  and USPS is doing whatever. Really amazing how bad the USPS has gotten over the last couple of years. 

Really amazing how bad the USPS has gotten over the last couple of years.
Yeah between removing sorting machines, screwing with their funding, and putting a puppet in charge... the last administration really screwed over the USPS and the country as a whole. Covid-19 excelerated the problems as the infrastructure of the USPS no longer could handle the overload of work and had no one interested in fixing it. Not to get political at all... just dirty crap is dirty crap and we all have ended up paying the price.

Pardon me for being late, but since when did Gamefly start carrying Limited Run Games? Scott Pilgrim and Fight N Rage are both currently available. 

Pardon me for being late, but since when did Gamefly start carrying Limited Run Games? Scott Pilgrim and Fight N Rage are both currently available.
They started carrying them around the same time LRG started selling to certain partner "mom and pop" shops. It's probably been 4+ years now.

I hoping they announce Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth. Since they just released the Castlevania collection this give me hope.
I'm not a huge CV fan by any means but I had no idea this existed... Seems like it would be a timely release for LRG or anyone, I think the Netflix show helped with CV popularity.

Any E3 predictions? Think we'll get Moon finally?
I think we'll get another horribly acted cringe fest video that'll be rooted in ancient 3d which attempts to give all that watch it a terrible headache. Beyond that... I'm hopeful for Fez on Switch. I'll probably wait till it's over to see what people post about.

Program is on Monday the 14th at 4pm. The advertisement doesn't mention time zone, but assume Eastern.

I'm not a huge CV fan by any means but I had no idea this existed... Seems like it would be a timely release for LRG or anyone, I think the Netflix show helped with CV popularity.
You're right. Castlevania hasn't been as popular as it is right now since the 90's.

Let me take a quick look at what Konami is doing to capitalize on it...

We did get Castlevania stuff in Smash Bros.

I just hope we get another Castlevania collection for switch. We could use the PS1/Saturn/GBA/DS games in a collection.
A bit off-topic, but I'm hopeful that Konami is working on a new Castlevania game given the new interest through the Netflix show.

That said, I actually hope it's not Konami itself making the game, but that the company licensed it to a solid developer such as Platinum. After Contra, I think we're all better off if Konami stays away from doing development on its own.

Konami doesn't make new video games anymore, not really.  All they do is capitalize on successful IPs that they own with simple and easy cash grabs.  It's been that way for awhile. 

Production Status changed to On Deck:Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 183 (91.0%)
  • On Deck: 18 (9.0%)
  • TBD: 91 (45.3%)
  • Q2 2021: 33 (16.4%)
  • August 2021: 19 (9.5%)
  • July 2021: 11 (5.5%)
  • June 2021: 10 (5.0%)
  • Q4 2021: 8 (4.0%)
  • Q3 2021: 4 (2.0%)
  • May 2021: 3 (1.5%)