Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Konami doesn't make new video games anymore, not really. All they do is capitalize on successful IPs that they own with simple and easy cash grabs. It's been that way for awhile.
It's sad that they still own these IPs and are gonna milk them but in that sense, they could just license their franchises to other studios for games I guess. I would love to see Wayforward take a stab at a 2D Castlevania or one of Sony's studios make an MGS game.

Production Status changed to On Deck: 
Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 180 (90.9%)
  • On Deck: 18 (9.1%)

Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • TBD: 91 (46.0%)
  • Q2 2021: 29 (14.6%)
  • August 2021: 19 (9.6%)
  • July 2021: 11 (5.6%)
  • June 2021: 10 (5.1%)
  • Q4 2021: 8 (4.0%)
  • Q3 2021: 4 (2.0%)
  • May 2021: 3 (1.5%)
  • October 2021: 3 (1.5%)
  • Q1 2021: 1 (0.5%)
  • 2021: 1 (0.5%)

Debating Cursed Castilla Ex. Anyone have anything to say about it good or bad?
Its a good game especially if you like games in the Ghosts N Goblins series. I have it on 3DS. Can be brutally difficult though (I never got too far myself)

I'm just turned off on the version LRG is selling since they are making you buy a lot of unnecessary stuff for $59.99 and aren't just selling the standard game only. Still undecided if I want all that extra crap just to get a physical copy.

[attachment=35666:lrg.png]

I believe you can also Pre-order this game off Idea Factory's website, but LRG is the only other distributor of this title.

IF said that this version will come with all DLC (Costumes I think) on cartridge.

yes scott pilgrim is just waiting on cd for classic edition
Well... the CD and then they have to get everything to the packing company, get in the cue for the packing company, then get them back to the office, then in the cue for the shipping team. I wouldn't get your hopes up that it's happening soon.

Estimated Ship Date changed to July 2021: 
Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 179 (90.4%)
  • On Deck: 19 (9.6%)

Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • TBD: 91 (46.0%)
  • Q2 2021: 29 (14.6%)
  • August 2021: 19 (9.6%)
  • July 2021: 12 (6.1%)
  • June 2021: 9 (4.5%)
  • Q4 2021: 8 (4.0%)
  • Q3 2021: 4 (2.0%)
  • October 2021: 3 (1.5%)
  • May 2021: 2 (1.0%)
  • Q1 2021: 1 (0.5%)
  • 2021: 1 (0.5%)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet another company surpasses LRG in the customer service dept. LRG could learn a thing or two from their competitors. I think my average wait time it pushing 9 months now. Another competitor also sends digital codes of the games to hold their customers over.[attachment=35675:E9F8B7DE-9DB2-498D-BC19-B6B1D3BAC51A.jpeg]

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/1403494815128506369?s=20
"Why would they do that" is a statement I no longer assoicate with LRG. They could announce some Atari Jaguar releases at this point and it wouldn't surprise me.

All I need from their e3 janky eye strain event is a list of what games they have plans to release on each platform.   Hopefully it's mostly just a bunch of meh stuff I have no interest in.   Though, I still deep down want Fez on Switch.  Also if someone is going to do an NA version of Hardcore Mecha... might as well be LRG (though I'll probably just get a Pal or Asia version instead since I'm kind of wanting to play it this year, if at all).

I just want them to finally release Super Meat Boy for Vita. This is fucking ridiculous.
Then maybe those of you that collected all the vita stuff can get the horrible Bird King game for free. I'd imagine it'll probably be at least another year to wait since this is a pissing match to see who can have the last vita game and at this point they might as well let PlayAsia finishing burning through their final Vita games. Shame to as I bet scalpers end up snatching most of the copies with bots when it actually happens. It's going to be a bloodbath that day. I'm just glad I gave up on the idea of a complete vita collection when Cosmic Star Heroine came out. Too much stress to try and buy a stupid fucking game.

"Why would they do that" is a statement I no longer assoicate with LRG. They could announce some Atari Jaguar releases at this point and it wouldn't surprise me.
Josh's top 3 wishlist for LRG:

3. Superman 64 for Nintendo 64

2. Bubsy in Fractured Furry Tales for Atari Jaguar

1. Entire UMD film re-release for PSP

Games Shpwn:

Zombies Ate My Neighbor Switch - 6/18
Superhot Switch
Double Dragon & Nunio-Kun Collection
River City Girls PS5
River City Girls Zero
River City Girls 2
Strife
All the Shantae games PS5
Bloodrayne Betrayal
Haven
Skatebird Switch
Huntdown Switch - Now
Axiom Verge 2
The Takeover
Dusk
Republique
Going Under
One Step From Eden
Grimm Hurt
Retromania
Castlevania/Rondo of Blood for PS4
Rondo of Blood Turbo Duo
Contra Collection
Plumbers Don't Wear ties

Wow what a bad conference. More bad jokes. More bad releases. I just don't care about 95% of what they announced. I'm in for bloodrayne but that's it.

More of the same in terms of the types of games they release, mediocre old games and bad indie games. It lacked japanese games as well. They did have castlevania, but if you haven't played symphony of the night at this point thats on you. I don't care about contra. I'm also kind of pissed that just last year they made us purchase shantae 1 and 2 separately and now they are simply putting all the games in one collection for the ps5. Thanks for milking us assholes.

I would have preferred they honestly talk about how they intend on getting games out faster but the entire presentation was a joke just like the company. Just another terrible e3 showing this year. But I guess this is good news if you think about it in a certain light. Just means less money I have to give to LRG.

I really can't describe how disappointed I am in E3 all around and this was no different. Was hoping for House of the Dead remake and Moon. I guess we are never getting Moon I might as well buy that nice collectors Edition. Only games here for me were Zombies Ate My Neighbors and Dusk.

Grimm Hunt.... is Rwby Grimm Eclipse.  not sure why they called it Grimm Hunt at first.

I think if I'm strong I can probably resist everything they announced.  My weak spots are the Double Dragon Kunio Kun Bundle and if I decide to go back and get River City Girls that the new games might interest me.   For a moment I thought they were going to do a compilation of all of the Shantae games.  I would have gone for that on Switch, but Meh... just PS5 re-releases.  As if they need PS5 versions.

That wasn't their best showing.

I have an interest in these games:

Zombies Ate My Neighbor Switch - 6/18 will get this with Double Dragon Neon.
One Step From Eden

Bloodrayne Betrayal

Axiom Verge 2 (Probably will just buy digital since I don't want to wait forever to play this)

There are other good releases here but I already bought them digital and at a good discount.
No need to double dip on a physical.

Contra Collection
Huntdown
Castlevania Symphony/Rondo

I’m actually happy with the games they announced.

Super excited about Contra collection, but then I realize 1) it’s probably gonna be at least a year away and 2) by the time they ask me to spend another 100+ on that collectors edition I probably won’t even have the Castlevania one I previously ordered.

Bonus points for no Kemco RPGS ! but damn these people come off as super unlikable and annoying. Better to just come here and look at the list :)

Also, The PSP collection of rondo of blood would have been a much better get since it has the original, remake and symphony.

Games Shpwn:

All the Shantae games PS5
Please tell me it's 1 release....

EDIT* Also, SotN is cool- def wanted that for PS4 but never bought it since it was digital only.

I really can't describe how disappointed I am in E3 all around and this was no different. Was hoping for House of the Dead remake and Moon. I guess we are never getting Moon I might as well buy that nice collectors Edition. Only games here for me were Zombies Ate My Neighbors and Dusk.
I mean... is E3 really a thing anymore? It seems like it's a shell of what it used to be.

What a shitty E3 conference specially when compared to last years. Anyways, I'm totally in for Bloodrayne, River City Girls 2, Contra Anniversary, Castlevania Requiem, and Axiom Verge 2 when it releases. The majority of the indie games that sign with them are crappy leftovers. It seems the business for printing physical games has fierce competition now. 

Unfortunately, the only announced games I'd be interested in, that I don't already own, is River City Girls 2 and Bloodrayne (though I already have that on PS3.)  The major thing for me is whether or not those of us who own River City Girls 1 and the Shantae games will be able to pop our discs into our PS5s and download free upgrades.  That would have been really nice to know.

Please tell me it's 1 release....
On the tweet for it they have not definitively said it'll be a compilation on PS5... though it alludes to it. Oddly the picture shown mentions it'll also be on PS4.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1404531094108655623

Does anyone know if there will be a standard or retail release of Huntdown? I want the game but I don't want all of the collector's stuff.

Does anyone know if there will be a standard or retail release of Huntdown? I want the game but I don't want all of the collector's stuff.
If I order it, a stand-alone version will probably pop up at Amazon 5 minutes later.

I've still been on board with LRG, but I keep getting CEs with some minor damage due to a lack of packaging materials and that is likely going to end up being a deal killer if it's not some known problem they plan on addressing. I will not be happy if the Castlevania CE gets the same treatment. But, they sure have me in their sights with stuff like Zombies Ate My Neighbors, more Castlevania, and Contra.

bread's done
Back