Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Some of the Idea Factory PS4 and Switch games are getting stupid high in price on the secondary markets compared to this time last year. I wonder if they can work out some sort of distribution deal with them for a few thousand copies for like $39.99 + shipping or whatever.

Just curious, is there any reason to buy the PS5 versions of these games?  Especially basic ones like the Kemco games. I  would assume the Ps4 and Ps5 versions perform the same as either system could easily run the game.  PS4 version would give more flexibility since it can be ran on both a PS4 or a PS5 system while the PS5 version can only be ran on a PS5.  Or am i missing something?

The PS5 versions sometimes have a few worthless gimmicks thrown in. Personally I'd rather have the PS4 versions because the PS4 blue logo looks way cooler than the white logo. But that's a matter of taste.

just put a really high # in the add to cart

Alphadia Genesis (PS4) 150 copies left

Infliction: Extended Cut (PS4) 51 copies left
Thanks! I was interested in Infliction and Outbreak Collection but was going to hold off until close to close of the open order window to get both of them. I would have missed out! Went ahead and grabbed Infliction.

Also thinking I'm going to go ahead and order stuff separately from now on considering the massive wait times for some items. I still have a game on my account shown as "in hand" but unfullfilled for going on about the second month.

Some of the Idea Factory PS4 and Switch games are getting stupid high in price on the secondary markets compared to this time last year. I wonder if they can work out some sort of distribution deal with them for a few thousand copies for like $39.99 + shipping or whatever.
LRG will be doing another print run of Mary Skelter 2. I'm guessing it will be sold when the new game is up for preorder.

found this on facebook

219856736_937532810312365_5612689352969630588_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I waited a month for my copy of Bloodstained Curse of Maxi Pads to arrive and the same day I finally contacted support to ask for a refund did the fuckin' thing finally arrive in the mail.

for those who ordered the Obra CE, have you received yours yet? I guess I'll be contacting them yet again, this is ridiculous
My Obra CE finally arrived on Monday. The tracking number provided by LRG was completely different from the one on the box. I'm not sure why they needed to make three different labels for this shipment. I understand the first label expired due to DHL's rules, but why was the second one not used and why make a third one, but not let me know about it?

Estimated Ship Date changed to Q3 2021: 
Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 192 (91.9%)
  • On Deck: 17 (8.1%)

Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • TBD: 109 (52.2%)
  • August 2021: 27 (12.9%)
  • July 2021: 24 (11.5%)
  • Q4 2021: 10 (4.8%)
  • Q3 2021: 9 (4.3%)
  • 2021: 7 (3.3%)
  • October 2021: 3 (1.4%)
  • December 2021: 1 (0.5%)
  • May 2021: 1 (0.5%)
  • Q2 2021: 1 (0.5%)

for those who ordered the Obra CE, have you received yours yet? I guess I'll be contacting them yet again, this is ridiculous
My Obra CE finally arrived on Monday. The tracking number provided by LRG was completely different from the one on the box. I'm not sure why they needed to make three different labels for this shipment. I understand the first label expired due to DHL's rules, but why was the second one not used and why make a third one, but not let me know about it?
Oh good, I was about to bitch about mine still not showing any updates on the 2nd tracking number but I guess there's a third tracking number that I have to look out for.

Now if they'd only ship my Shantae GBC mega bundle...

That super meat boy cover kills me I really don't want that in my collection.
I believe the cover is reversible on the Vita. I have a copy (bought on eBay after the blindboxes) and mine is the Meat Boy face instead of that.

Surprise that they are continuing to support Vita physical with that super meat boy. I might get that.
The games were printed years ago before Vita cart production in NA stopped. This is their last release beyond the confirmed-but-unspoken-of full set game. If you want a copy you'll need to be fast in checkout, a lot of people are vying for this and there's a very limited quantity. I expect it to go in literal seconds.

Figures I just found all those LRG reward tickets I had after I can no longer use them, oh well.

fe2.png

It is nice that both Shantae games overlap and you can order them together, but I would not if you are getting the Collector's editions. LRG is gonna stack both boxes on top of each other and wrap some flimsy bubble wrapping around, stick them in cardboard box that is only marginally thicker than cardstock and hope it doesn't get crushed in transit. Happened to my No More Heroes boxes.

I really like how NIS packs each collector's box in its own box, and it's free shipping about $75. Sorry for the rant.

I am super frustrated they decided to split the limited print of Super Meat Boy for Vita up for a standard and a collectors edition.  That is some grade A bull shit cash grab. There was no reason whatsoever to split the release for vita. Just release a standard Vita version.

You have the collectors editions for the other version on Switch and PS4 this was not needed.

So now I have a 1-1000 chance to get this game. Its actually a 1-500 chance for the AM/PM drops.

I already missed Papers, Please and that was a 1-3000 chance and it didn't have a collectors edition.

Can't wait to see how many of these show up on ebay tomorrow.

They've become more and more like GameStop, cluttering up their storefront with random gaming related collectibles instead of just focusing on the games themselves

I am super frustrated they decided to split the limited print of Super Meat Boy for Vita up for a standard and a collectors edition. That is some grade A bull shit cash grab. There was no reason whatsoever to split the release for vita. Just release a standard Vita version.

You have the collectors editions for the other version on Switch and PS4 this was not needed.

So now I have a 1-1000 chance to get this game. Its actually a 1-500 chance for the AM/PM drops.

I already missed Papers, Please and that was a 1-3000 chance and it didn't have a collectors edition.

Don't worry, the website will just crash from all the bots anyway so don't have to bother trying.

LRG has gone nuts with these special sets. how much of that money even goes to wayforward?
I'm fairly sure that, given Shantae is their IP, and easily their most profitable IP, they have the final (or at lest significant) say on everything. The fact that they keep ok'ing all this tells me they're prob making bank on this stuff.... maybe more so than the games. Kinda like how music artists make more money from their endorsements/concerts/appearances than they do on actual music sales.

I have bought none of the merch that LRG sells.  Same for the SE's.  It's all just extra crap to me that.

BUT

I don't have a real problem with them offering merch like they are for Shantae.  If people want it that's probably something very cool for them.  Same for every other publisher that offers merch on their site.  I don't see the issue (please don't confuse this with taking Vita Meat Boy and making half of it into SE's.. that's pretty sad for those that want it and yes it's scummy).

It's really no different than them taking digital games and making them physical.  If the games sell then what's the issue.  Merch is just a side market to that and there are a lot of people that love having some item (or items) featuring characters and objects from their favorite games.

My vinyl Dragon Quest Slime figure that I got from Japan for my desk speaks volumes to this.  The right game... the right item... (often the right price)... and I could be a possible customer just like the right game for the right system and I'll throw some money at them for a physical copy (even when I own it digital).  I'm just a lot more picky about this stuff and am not an easy mark customer.

I bet most here have some game merch outside of just raw plain games.  There's plenty of other reasons to hate LRG than them offering it.  Really I don't even have a problem with GameStop offering it.  Some of it is pretty cool to see even if I'm not tempted by most of it.

I am super frustrated they decided to split the limited print of Super Meat Boy for Vita up for a standard and a collectors edition. That is some grade A bull shit cash grab. There was no reason whatsoever to split the release for vita. Just release a standard Vita version.

Yeah I'm not even going to bother with the standard. Just hoping I get lucky with the CE. They really should have limited it to 1 total, not 1 of each standard and CE.

Do the smart thing and if you need to buy a physical copy then just buy one, whether it's standard or CE. Don't cause yourself unnecessary stress. No one needs to do something unrealistic like having to have a complete Vita collection of every single edition released, that's just insanity.

Assuming there is a "free game" for full set collectors, splitting up the SE/CE is a great way to weed out some people because clearly its going to sell out in 10 seconds and many will miss out.  "Sorry you would have qualified for the free game but you didn't get Super Meat Boy so you do not qualify, have a great day!"  

It is nice that both Shantae games overlap and you can order them together, but I would not if you are getting the Collector's editions. LRG is gonna stack both boxes on top of each other and wrap some flimsy bubble wrapping around, stick them in cardboard box that is only marginally thicker than cardstock and hope it doesn't get crushed in transit. Happened to my No More Heroes boxes.

I really like how NIS packs each collector's box in its own box, and it's free shipping about $75. Sorry for the rant.
Glad I'm not the only one to notice. I dread the arrival of a few of my pending CEs. It amazes me how LRG targets the collector and does a little above the minimum when it comes to packaging. They've been ok with sending replacements or replacement parts, but when I tried to get the Streets of Rage CE box without any damage they'd just send the replacement exactly the same. I think the CS person put a note on the 2nd replacement asking to double wrap it. It came the same way. The CS rep tried to blame the carrier, but I pointed out that these were shipped in thin boxes with one layer of bubble wrap (and I don't think it even covered the whole box). The best part about that Streets of Rage CE is when I ultimately wanted to give up and get a refund, they refused because of that steam code they sent out. So, because they sent me something I didn't ask for (and never used), I was ineligible for a refund when they could not figure out how to send it without it taking damage. The CS rep did not care that I didn't use the code.

I'll never understand why some companies cheap on crappy shipping supplies just to save a few cents. Just get higher quality cardboard boxes and you'll run into less damaged items. It might cost two cents more per box in bulk but it's worth it not to have angry customers and returned items. It's like the idiotic sellers and companies who ship items in unpadded mailers. If a case ever comes damaged from being shipped in an unpadded mailer the seller gets a return on their dime and an instant negative for negligence.

I'm gonna try for the Vita Meat boy tmrw at work, good luck to everyone and I wish you all minimal stress!!

On another note I am a bit torn on Pirate's Curse, I have 3 of the other games on Switch and am just missing Pirate's Curse and 1/2 genie hero.  I don't even own a PS5 but I am thinking of either grabbing this release, or trying my hand at the 3DS version (Currently going for around $70).  Thoughts??

bread's done
Back