Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Do the smart thing and if you need to buy a physical copy then just buy one, whether it's standard or CE. Don't cause yourself unnecessary stress. No one needs to do something unrealistic like having to have a complete Vita collection of every single edition released, that's just insanity.
They almost always do "bundles" of the games that go on sale at the same day and Super Meat Boy is has one; a huge $500 bundle includes the standard and CE copies of the game for all 3 systems. Issue is, I don't think they ever tell you how many copies of the games are going to that bundle, do they? So while there might be 500 copies of the standalone Vita game and 500 copies of the Vita CE- there's no way to know how many of those copies are in that bundle vs how many are available for standalone purchase.

I'll never understand why some companies cheap on crappy shipping supplies just to save a few cents. Just get higher quality cardboard boxes and you'll run into less damaged items. It might cost two cents more per box in bulk but it's worth it not to have angry customers and returned items. It's like the idiotic sellers and companies who ship items in unpadded mailers. If a case ever comes damaged from being shipped in an unpadded mailer the seller gets a return on their dime and an instant negative for negligence.
I honestly think LRG uses some pretty good packaging material... they used to be terrible but they def stepped up. I have had pretty good luck with them over the last 2-3 years with no damaged items.

So, anyone else have shipping issues with LRG over the last 2 months (since the switch to DHL)?

Twice last month I had to contact support since both orders tracking sat at label created for 2 weeks, until I contacted support. Also, support will not look into it until 14 days after "shipping", even if the tracking # shows zero travel.

Um, hopefully it's a glitch, but the standard edition of 'Super Meat Boy' for Vita is showing at $119.99 on LRG's website.

edit: Ok, it's back to $29.99

Last edited by a moderator:
5i39l2.jpg

Got a Vita SMB CE. Wasn't even gonna try for the standard edition but pretty happy to pick up a CE even though its a pretty big rip off

Yes I got it. They even removed the pre listing and made it lawbreakers and then they put the standard listing up again and I fuck ing got it! That was incredibly stressful but I'm super happy I didn't miss this one.

I got all the way to order confirmation for it to say sold out. This is the first time I've ever lost out on a game, and I actual blame their anti-bot tactics for it.

Awesome, got all the way to the final checkout screen with a standard Vita edition, clicked Complete Order, and got the Sold Out notification.

So, anyone else have shipping issues with LRG over the last 2 months (since the switch to DHL)?

Twice last month I had to contact support since both orders tracking sat at label created for 2 weeks, until I contacted support. Also, support will not look into it until 14 days after "shipping", even if the tracking # shows zero travel.
You are definitely not the only one.

I got all the way to order confirmation for it to say sold out. This is the first time I've ever lost out on a game, and I actual blame their anti-bot tactics for it.
I got this one. Only other one that I couldn't check out fast enough was Night Trap and Papers Please. Still bums me out to this day.

Snagged a Vita standard, despite still unable to log into Paypal, had to go Amazon Payments route.  Also anyone else see they changed the placeholder for it just before going on sale to Lawbreakers?  Ha ha...... :twoguns: :dunce:

Ugh, same for me (PSV standard + CE went OOS while I was checking out). Looks like there's another batch, though.

Weirdly, I couldn't find the PSV standard edition for a few minutes, and the PSV CE I had open in a tab turned into Republique PS4 upon refresh. Anyone else see that?

Surprised the CE didn't sell out for a min or so (even though it was a bit of a rip off) but glad I targeted that instead of the normal version to ensure a copy

Ugh, same for me (PSV standard + CE went OOS while I was checking out). Looks like there's another batch, though.

Weirdly, I couldn't find the PSV standard edition for a few minutes, and the PSV CE I had open in a tab turned into Republique PS4 upon refresh. Anyone else see that?
Lol yeah, they put in a few layers of anti-bot measures for this one. Good call on their part.

I’d love to know your technique… I figured it was hard enough trying for the Vita standard edition, let alone trying to add another item on top of that! Those games were gone faster than they were even posted!!!
I logged into my account on the site about 10 minutes before. The PS4 copy went up for sale around 9:56am so I added that to cart and started to check out. Got all the way to when I enter my payment info, then went back to the site. Waited for the Vita copy to show up again and added it to cart. Went to checkout again and checkout picked up at the payment method part. Added my payment method and order was finalized at 10:01am or just before.

I logged into my account on the site about 10 minutes before. The PS4 copy went up for sale around 9:56am so I added that to cart and started to check out. Got all the way to when I enter my payment info, then went back to the site. Waited for the Vita copy to show up again and added it to cart. Went to checkout again and checkout picked up at the payment method part. Added my payment method and order was finalized at 10:01am or just before.
Got it… didn’t realize the PS4 version went on sale early. At that point, it wasn’t even on my radar.

The standard Super Meat Boy turned into LawBreakers with a huge note to go back to the main page and wait for the standard to actually appear.

Got my standard copy, but it was close.

The best technique, by the way, is to:

1) Pre login and have your address saved in your Limited Run account

2) Have your credit card stored in Google Wallet/Chrome

3) Refresh the page furiously until your item appears

4) Add to cart and go to cart as quickly as possible, making sure to click the Terms box on your way down the cart page before you click Check Out

5) Drop down box your shipping address as quickly as possible before clicking next

6) Click next through the shipping screen as quickly as possible

7) Click on Card Number and use your saved credit card as quickly as possible before hitting Pay (you should know your cvc code by heart as you might be prompted for it)

You should be able to do this in ~15 seconds or so with reliable internet and enough practice.

Do not use PayPal or Amazon Pay. They are too slow.

Off topic does anyone know how to contact Paypal CS without logging in?  Every link on the site takes me to log in to contact CS, which I can't do because I can't get by the stupid add mobile phone page that pops up.

Hopefully this is the last time there's ever a mad scramble to place an order. Most stuff is open preorder, though I guess we could run into end of life / limited cartridges at some point when Nintendo stops making the Switch. But those minimum order quantities are also much larger it seems.

I wanted the SE but it turned into Lawbreaks and I couldn't find it on the page so I flipped over to the CE and it was available.  So I paid an extra $45 for a damn figure and meat tray but atleast I got a copy.  I guess $75 plus shipping is still better than paying $200+ on Ebay but still I do not want a meat tray, i don't work in a cafeteria.

The standard did not show up for me for a good minute or so and by the time I was able to add it to cart it was sold out already.

It was shit lol

the problem I had was I was on the listing for super meat boy for vita when I hit reload page 30sec before it went live the listing changed to LawBreakers I went back the front page and could not find game by the time I found it in that clusterfuck front page they have it was sold out

I genuinely want to know if someone successfully ordered both standard and CE copies of the Vita versions, which I believe went on sale at the same time. I’m convinced it’s impossible.

I used the quickest method possible to order. Got a delay at the final order screen and then got a message it was sold out. That's fine. I was expecting it to be crazy. Will try again with the second batch. Congrats to those who were able to get what they wanted.

I wanted the SE but it turned into Lawbreaks and I couldn't find it on the page so I flipped over to the CE and it was available. So I paid an extra $45 for a damn figure and meat tray but atleast I got a copy. I guess $75 plus shipping is still better than paying $200+ on Ebay but still I do not want a meat tray, i don't work in a cafeteria.
yea thats a rip off. if theres a steelbook, it wouldve been slightly better. a poster, a cardboard, crappy figure, and styrofoam tray.

Surprised the CE didn't sell out for a min or so (even though it was a bit of a rip off) but glad I targeted that instead of the normal version to ensure a copy
This is prob the only reason I got a copy. I wasn't even going to try until the email popped up on my phone and I just decided to try it... I don't really want the figure but I guess it could be decent quality.

yea thats a rip off. if theres a steelbook, it wouldve been slightly better. a poster, a cardboard, crappy figure, and styrofoam tray.
To add more insult it says its in manufacturing and will take 4-5 months. So anyone who got the CE has to wait on the useless extras to be made and will be waiting 6 months to get the game that they already have in hand.

I genuinely want to know if someone successfully ordered both standard and CE copies of the Vita versions, which I believe went on sale at the same time. I’m convinced it’s impossible.
Actually the whole thing with the listing changing to Lawbreakers caused a slight maybe 10 to 15 seconds delay over the CE. I was able to add the CE almost immediately if I wanted it, but I had to keep refreshing the main page for the standard link a little bit.

I honestly think LRG uses some pretty good packaging material... they used to be terrible but they def stepped up. I have had pretty good luck with them over the last 2-3 years with no damaged items.
Stepped up? I've been ordering from them since their second release and releases in the last 2-3 years still arrive in the exact same quality mailers. I still have loose discs. Granted, I haven't had a single damaged game arrive, but lets not pretend that anything has changed in regards to the quality of their mailer. It's literally identical except for color. (I still have almost all the bubble mailers shoved in a box.)

edit: I was wrong, I have had one game damaged: Wonder Boy. Small puncture on mailer and case.

Stepped up? I've been ordering from them since their second release and releases in the last 2-3 years still arrive in the exact same quality mailers. I still have loose discs. Granted, I haven't had a single damaged game arrive, but lets not pretend that anything has changed in regards to the quality of their mailer. It's literally identical except for color. (I still have almost all the bubble mailers shoved in a box.)

edit: I was wrong, I have had one game damaged: Wonder Boy. Small puncture on mailer and case.
Good point, I was only thinking of their boxed shipments. I think the only standard edition game I ordered from them in the past few years is Green Lava Studios and that Atooi collection which came in standard bubble mailers. But most everything else I ordered has been in a box (either because it was a special edition or I ordered 2 or more games in 1 order) and have not had any issues.

Good point, I was only thinking of their boxed shipments. I think the only standard edition game I ordered from them in the past few years is Green Lava Studios and that Atooi collection which came in standard bubble mailers. But most everything else I ordered has been in a box (either because it was a special edition or I ordered 2 or more games in 1 order) and have not had any issues.
I disagree that their packaging is adequate for the larger cardboard CEs, especially if you're someone that waits to combine orders over several weeks for open preorder items. Their cardboard boxes are thinner than other collectibles companies and the giant size bubble wrap they use squeezes the CE boxes in transit or provides very little protection from shifting. More importantly, they seem to always use a single box, no matter the size of the order and simply stack everything up in one giant tower. As a result, their boxes tend to be either too wide or too tall for UPS and USPS postal machinery which results in dents and crushing in transit. I just feel like their packing team is not really that good compared to other collectibles companies and frankly, a lot of transit damage could be avoided if they just stuck to smaller shipping boxes with slightly thicker walls and used multiple boxes for larger orders.

I disagree that their packaging is adequate for the larger cardboard CEs, especially if you're someone that waits to combine orders over several weeks for open preorder items. Their cardboard boxes are thinner than other collectibles companies and the giant size bubble wrap they use squeezes the CE boxes in transit or provides very little protection from shifting. More importantly, they seem to always use a single box, no matter the size of the order and simply stack everything up in one giant tower. As a result, their boxes tend to be either too wide or too tall for UPS and USPS postal machinery which results in dents and crushing in transit. I just feel like their packing team is not really that good compared to other collectibles companies and frankly, a lot of transit damage could be avoided if they just stuck to smaller shipping boxes with slightly thicker walls and used multiple boxes for larger orders.
Interesting... gotta say I pretty much place them in the same category as the other niche retailers in terms of packaging (NISA, etc) and have had almost no issues in terms of damaged items. I've had terrible luck with Target/BBY though. But the major publisher stores are by far the worst (Capcom, SE).

Well, I guess we'll see how my massive Shantae GBC/Risky's Revenge mega bundle order comes in... if they ever decide to ship it I guess.

For those who missed out on Meat Boy, you can get one for the low price of 12k

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164987900156?hash=item266a0b90fc:g:bSQAAOSwB2dhBAw2
For the most part I don't have too much a problem with resellers and scalpers (I can't get too mad at someone just for buying something before me)but in cases like this.....this pisses me off. You don't even have the product in hand and your going to list it for sale?

And at an absurd price no less. That and through this site's history, people who resell this way try to do some drop shipping stuff and it's just......messy to say the least.

I have only purchased single games from LRG... so I haven't seen one of their boxes... but thin walled boxes are a really bad idea since they crush so easily when tossed around.  Nintendo is probably the best at shipping.  I ordered 2x snes controllers and then later one of the $50 refurb 2DS systems... the items have their own boxes, those boxes get boxed, and then that gets put into yet another box. Both the inner and outer boxes are pretty thick cardboard.  I have to imagine they get very few complaints with shipping.  NISA, when they sent me my copy of LaMulana 1&2 for switch (which only released as a CE)... the box for it was so nice I saved it for when I finally start ebaying again.

I agree about Nintendo and NISA properly packaging things. I've never had an issue with either company. I just received a big box of games from NISA Europe, and they are just as good as NIS America in terms of packaging. Thick outer box with loads of tape. Enough bubble wrap around the games to the point of almost being comical. IFFY and several other similar stores are also awesome at using proper packaging for collector's editions and the like. I've had a couple instances with LRG with damaged goods. Anyone who sells a collector's edition should understand the mentality of a collector, and package it extremely well.

Estimated Ship Date changed to Q3 2021:Production Status changed to On Deck: 
Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 198 (90.8%)
  • On Deck: 20 (9.2%)

Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • TBD: 114 (52.3%)
  • August 2021: 27 (12.4%)
  • July 2021: 24 (11.0%)
  • Q3 2021: 11 (5.0%)
  • Q4 2021: 10 (4.6%)
  • 2021: 7 (3.2%)
  • October 2021: 3 (1.4%)