Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
supermeatboy vita heh. 

PLEASE NOTE: THIS ITEM IS LIMITED TO 1 PER CUSTOMER. Any attempt to circumvent this limit may result in a canceled order with a 10% restocking fee.

Took *maybe* 5 seconds to laod the second batch page and it was instantly sold out.  Methinks they did not have any individual copies left and just wanted to try and push the CE

Wrre there any Vita copies just now for the second batch? It counted down then showed sold out for me.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
It came up for me about a full minute later, though it got pulled from my cart at the end.

EDIT: 5:00 and onward I refreshed and saw the Sold Out. I refreshed again sometime at 5:01 and button came up. But, I didn’t make it all the way through to purchase, as I had been napping just before (and was pretty slow, haha).

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the CE fairly easily this morning but trying to get the standard just now seemed impossible. Had it in my cart made it all the way to checkout and it was gone. Oh well gotta be happy getting the CE!

I managed to get a copy of the regular edition. I freaked when it went straight to sold out, but I kept refreshing. I'm glad these rushes are over (pending the last of eastasiasoft's Vita releases). I have enough stress in my life.

The second batch was worse than this morning's for an even worse reason, at least this morning you could chalk it up to them attempting to throw off bots.

For me, both standard and CE pages just did not want to load at all and I actually ended waiting for a good 15-20 for the page to load (had to do this 2-3 times so I had given up hope by this point). Was going to attempt CE since ppl had more success with that and it also loaded first, but that was instant sold out after I tried to check out. Went back to the standard page and saw it had loaded and atc button was there so I gave it a go, and ended up checking out successfully. Really did not expect that at all or to have been able to get one after the CE went so quickly along with the additional fuck ups on their site, but I'm really glad I got one after all of this nonsense.

Site was so slow. I wasn't sure what was going to drop first so when I saw the CE come up, I started an order for that, then in another window I saw the standard finally said add to cart so I started an order for that. Really only wanted the standard but both orders went through! Didn't even think it would be possible to get both, just had to pay 2 shipping fees.

I was only trying for the standard this morning and got screwed with the Lawbreakers thing and couldn't get the main page to refresh fast enough. Glad they didn't do that ridiculousness this time.

Yeah I never saw the add to cart button for the Vita version just went automatically to sold out. Lame
It showed sold out for me then after refreshing it was available, you just had to keep trying for a bit.

Regular version didn't go up until about a minute and a half after the time they said, probably tossed some people off since it said sold out

Is anyone else waiting on the Shantae GBC CE or Shantae mega-bundle (which is being held up by the GBC CE)? 

I finally received my Obra Dinn CE/Papers Please Vita order on Saturday and it was as others have said, it had a tracking number than what LRG sent. 

Estimated Ship Date changed to August 2021:Production Status changed to On Deck: 
Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 196 (89.9%)
  • On Deck: 22 (10.1%)

Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • TBD: 114 (52.3%)
  • August 2021: 28 (12.8%)
  • July 2021: 21 (9.6%)
  • Q3 2021: 11 (5.0%)
  • Q4 2021: 10 (4.6%)
  • 2021: 7 (3.2%)
  • October 2021: 3 (1.4%)
  • December 2021: 1 (0.5%)
  • May 2021: 1 (0.5%)

Apparently the Steelbook and CE will be VERY limited quantities

Regular version Switch: 2,500 copies
Regular version PS4: 2,000 copies

Steelbook version Switch: 2,000 copies

CE Switch: 250 copies

CE PS4: 250 copies

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1422286161322692612

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1422286511446368262

Is anyone else waiting on the Shantae GBC CE or Shantae mega-bundle (which is being held up by the GBC CE)?

I finally received my Obra Dinn CE/Papers Please Vita order on Saturday and it was as others have said, it had a tracking number than what LRG sent.
Received mine and other shantae CE's on Saturday. Looks like another package (presumably steelbooks/slipcover) will arrive this week. Not sure why they didn't combine them into one shipment.

Did you get a shipping notice or anything?
Nope. Not for either. The games came via UPS and I was only alerted of that because I have a UPS account and receive emails for incoming packages. And then I only saw the other shipment (DHL/USPS) because I checked by order status since my UPS shipment was missing a lot of things.

Nope. Not for either. The games came via UPS and I was only alerted of that because I have a UPS account and receive emails for incoming packages. And then I only saw the other shipment (DHL/USPS) because I checked by order status since my UPS shipment was missing a lot of things.
Great... so it could have been delivered and stolen and I'd have no idea since I was out of town for 2 weeks.

Picked up two steelzees. :cool:

Did people forget about today's release? Or just not like the price?
Apparently neither game is great, and AFAIK WTWTLW was free on PC. Seems like these releases are catering to the hardcore FOMOs and most non FOMOs would be better off buying each game for $5 digitally.

Estimated Ship Date changed to August 2021:Production Status changed to On Deck: 
Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 194 (89.4%)
  • On Deck: 23 (10.6%)

Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • TBD: 113 (52.1%)
  • August 2021: 29 (13.4%)
  • July 2021: 19 (8.8%)
  • Q3 2021: 11 (5.1%)
  • Q4 2021: 10 (4.6%)
  • 2021: 7 (3.2%)
  • October 2021: 3 (1.4%)
  • December 2021: 1 (0.5%)
  • May 2021: 1 (0.5%)

I'll take the standard edition of those books.  They seem to be available indefinitely if I'm not mistaken, so no rush to order them right away, though it does look like they are on hand and ready to ship.

A book with a fake repro cart for $70 is interesting to people? What am I missing?
I'm missing the appeal of most of LRG's CE items. I'll see people respond with enthusiasm on Twitter, so I guess there are people out there who just love double-sided posters, pins, and carts that don't do anything. A repro-cart that actually plays a game is one thing, but throwing in a fake cart for a game that was never on a cartridge or - and this is the best - a book?

It also seems like when LRG licenses something, the licensor basically says "Here - you can have these three pieces of key art" and then LRG just sees how much mileage they can get from that small amount of art. The art cards usually have the same art as the double-sided poster. And the same art is probably on the cover. Konami must have been really generous with "Castlevania" (luckily for me).

I'm missing the appeal of most of LRG's CE items. I'll see people respond with enthusiasm on Twitter, so I guess there are people out there who just love double-sided posters, pins, and carts that don't do anything. A repro-cart that actually plays a game is one thing, but throwing in a fake cart for a game that was never on a cartridge or - and this is the best - a book?

It also seems like when LRG licenses something, the licensor basically says "Here - you can have these three pieces of key art" and then LRG just sees how much mileage they can get from that small amount of art. The art cards usually have the same art as the double-sided poster. And the same art is probably on the cover. Konami must have been really generous with "Castlevania" (luckily for me).
From LRG's side, those are extremely high mark-up items. You can print art cards, soundtrack CDs, a poster, and an outerbox for $5 easily and it can be marked up $40+.

Honest question, do you guys think that with Pirate's Curse being released on PS5 soon* that the price of the previous releases will drop at all?  I'm on the fence about going for the PS5 version as I missed out on previous versions. 

My main hesitancy being I don't even own a PS5 yet (Waiting on an all-black pro model).

Can almost guarantee the other prices wont go down. LRG prices only seem to fall for games no one really cares about and usually end up in lots of blind boxes. I own most of them on PC but am tempted by the PS5 copies too for some reason.

My Shantae order finally arrived out of the blue... everything except the GBC game arrived safely (luckily I ordered 2) and the cards arrived bent.:whistle2:/

Honest question, do you guys think that with Pirate's Curse being released on PS5 soon* that the price of the previous releases will drop at all? I'm on the fence about going for the PS5 version as I missed out on previous versions.

My main hesitancy being I don't even own a PS5 yet (Waiting on an all-black pro model).
If anything, I'd say just buy a copy of the PS5 game because...

1. If this release does end up reducing the price of the older games, you could prob dump your PS5 copy for at least cost.

2. If this doesn't reduce the price of the previous releases, at least you have it on PS5 for when you finally find a PS5 in 2028 just before the PS6 comes out.

From LRG's side, those are extremely high mark-up items. You can print art cards, soundtrack CDs, a poster, and an outerbox for $5 easily and it can be marked up $40+.
Oh, I am well aware of why LRG chooses to throw in Chuck-E-Cheese trinkets into their CEs. The part I don't get is how art cards with mostly the same art as the other stuff in the CE, folded posters, pins, and standees appeal to anyone buying the CEs. I understand that people are into different things - if it has a soundtrack and an art book, I am usually sold, and I really like the mini box repros in the Castlevania set that I'm sure some don't get, but.... pins? Are the people buying these CEs hanging those folded posters on their walls?

Not that videogame CEs filled with cheap crap is unique to LRG - that's what almost all of them do. Low cost junk that they make a ton on. Look at that last Namco Tales CE. Wow. Not that there isn't the occasional good CE (and I am hoping LRG's Monkey Island/Castlevania CEs fall into that category). But, people buy them, so....

And I'm sure they would disagree with you on the cost of at least some of the boxes. I remember when Doug and/or Josh used to post in here and they'd be adamant that the box production was not cheap and really seemed to be what they'd sell as driving up the cost. In some cases, that box is the best part of the CE.

Honest question, do you guys think that with Pirate's Curse being released on PS5 soon* that the price of the previous releases will drop at all? I'm on the fence about going for the PS5 version as I missed out on previous versions.

Not at all... my suggestion is if you actually are interested in playing the games just go digital on a system you own and forget about having a perfect physical collection. The games are pretty good but they aren't as good as the price they fetch by resellers.

Not at all... my suggestion is if you actually are interested in playing the games just go digital on a system you own and forget about having a perfect physical collection. The games are pretty good but they aren't as good as the price they fetch by resellers.
At this point, Shantae is no longer about the games, it's about the collectors' market.

Sucks for me, given that I'm a collector but also really enjoy the games (but a lot of that is for sympathetic reasons, since as you said, the games are solid but nowhere near as good as the after market prices).

At this point, Shantae is no longer about the games, it's about the collectors' market.

Sucks for me, given that I'm a collector but also really enjoy the games (but a lot of that is for sympathetic reasons, since as you said, the games are solid but nowhere near as good as the after market prices).
I'm in the same boat. Had to snag the boards today just because I don't want FOMO (passed on the last one, didn't like the RR art style as much). I really like the Shantae games. They're not game of the year of course, but they are a dying breed of side scrollers and enjoyable. Good music, beautiful artwork, and actual personality, which a lot of games don't seem to have nowadays. Like the dialogue is witty, characters are unique, and even little things like how Shantae is always bobbing back and forth to the music.

I agree that the Shantae stuff has been extreme overkill recently and an obvious cash grab (I mean FOUR sets of POGs? Come on...) Hopefully it ends soon because I don't know how much is left for them to do? Basically already re-released every game for Switch, PS4, and PS5. I mean there's only been one NEW Shantae game in the last five years.

I agree that the Shantae stuff has been extreme overkill recently and an obvious cash grab (I mean FOUR sets of POGs? Come on...) Hopefully it ends soon because I don't know how much is left for them to do? Basically already re-released every game for Switch, PS4, and PS5. I mean there's only been one NEW Shantae game in the last five years.
I mean, you know they're going to release the remaining 3 games on PS5 and I feel like with each one, they're going to introduce something new. Skateboard decks last time, pogs this time... who knows what else they might add.

I mean, you know they're going to release the remaining 3 games on PS5 and I feel like with each one, they're going to introduce something new. Skateboard decks last time, pogs this time... who knows what else they might add.
Sticking with the 90's theme, I'm going to guess beanie babies.

bread's done
Back