Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Really though- is it really that much harder than what they're doing with the Shantae games now? You offer the complete CE, or just let people piece meal most of the CE contents: a standard game, OST, steelbook, and whatever else. Only benefit with the CE is that get a display box to hold it all in one nice package (I doubt there'd be any savings due to added cost of preparing the CE). Otherwise, people can just buy the game and steelbook, just OST, or whatever they actually want. I don't see how that'd be all that diff than buying the game, t-shirt, stickers, pogs and set of cards.
Honestly, that would kill interest in the complete CE for a lot of people though. I mean LRG uses CEs the same way major publishers do to juice margins and offering to let people just choose what they want is a sure recipe for less profit. It could also cause problems in manufacturing if for some reason people decide they don't want a particular element of the CE and it's not financially viable to produce a short run of that item resulting in cancelled orders or much higher per unit costs than expected. It's clearly not the most consumer friendly approach, but it's really what's in the best interest of LRG as a business.

Really though- is it really that much harder than what they're doing with the Shantae games now? You offer the complete CE, or just let people piece meal most of the CE contents: a standard game, OST, steelbook, and whatever else. Only benefit with the CE is that get a display box to hold it all in one nice package (I doubt there'd be any savings due to added cost of preparing the CE). Otherwise, people can just buy the game and steelbook, just OST, or whatever they actually want. I don't see how that'd be all that diff than buying the game, t-shirt, stickers, pogs and set of cards.
I jested in my earlier comment, but the point is that LRG is already having an immense amount of trouble with things the way they are. They have weird policies about cards that I feel like I'd need a flowchart to follow and the people that do follow them don't get the right cards. More and more packages seem to be damaged due to being packaged poorly. They don't know details about what they're selling like what songs are on soundtracks, what game spines will look like, etc. Quality control for CE contents is spotty at best. Nobody seems to know what's going on with shipping emails or production dates.

Anecdotal, but the last package I received from LRG was supposed to be two games and they literally forgot one of the game. I opened a ticket and they fixed it, and interestingly enough it was apparently a common enough occurrence that it it's in their dropdown list of reasons for submitting a ticket. But still, they forgot half of my order.

LRG appears to be scaling well on the sales side, but the operations side of the house feels like it's being held together with duct tape and super glue. I've been wrong before multiple times about what would break the metaphoric camel's back (and given how strong their sales continue to be I honestly have no clue what it would take), but it feels like every expansion is tempting fate.

Estimated Ship Date changed to September 2021: 
Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 205 (86.9%)
  • On Deck: 31 (13.1%)

Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • TBD: 88 (37.3%)
  • August 2021: 25 (10.6%)
  • October 2021: 24 (10.2%)
  • Q4 2021: 20 (8.5%)
  • September 2021: 15 (6.4%)
  • November 2021: 12 (5.1%)
  • Q3 2021: 11 (4.7%)
  • Q1 2022: 4 (1.7%)
  • 2021: 4 (1.7%)
  • December 2021: 1 (0.4%)
  • Q4 2020: 1 (0.4%)

Okay, I think I have these posts set to be automated now, so they should come through very close to 4 PM Eastern on the dot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got my Scoot Pilgrim Switch Complete Edition today. The card pack was holding it up, I forgot one of the cards in the pack was going to be gold, turned out mine was Scott, so pretty cool.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Well, glad to see Takeover on the horizon. 

Strangely, looks like that one is on the block and yet no sign of Erica, which I think was much sooner in terms of pre-orders.

Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom Collector's Editions are available/still up.

Only ~75 (of 900) of the PS4 version left, Switch still has ~2,500 (of 4,900) available.

I got a PS4 version - already have the standard edition on Switch.

Finally got my Scoot Pilgrim Switch Complete Edition today. The card pack was holding it up, I forgot one of the cards in the pack was going to be gold, turned out mine was Scott, so pretty cool.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
lucky im waiting on mind to ship but i ordered the vinyl soundtrack so holding my game up

Surprised that BB still hasn't listed NMH 1 & 2 yet especially with the new one coming out this week. Wonder if something happened or they're just taking a longer time for some reason.

Also, are LRG distributed (but not published) games ever sold elsewhere? Interested in Neon Abyss but would rather wait for it to hit retail and then drop to $20. Would be weird for Team 17, a company that always does retail releases, to make an exception for this one.

Did LRG say they were going to cut the Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero bundle early? I thought that since everything is open preorder, it would stick around but they're listing it as "sold out"... 

Also, are LRG distributed (but not published) games ever sold elsewhere? Interested in Neon Abyss but would rather wait for it to hit retail and then drop to $20. Would be weird for Team 17, a company that always does retail releases, to make an exception for this one.
LRG is sending a few distribution games to Amazon. Ys and Mary Skelter just showed up there without warning.

Did LRG say they were going to cut the Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero bundle early? I thought that since everything is open preorder, it would stick around but they're listing it as "sold out"...
You have to be careful with bundles. Some are available on Friday only, but generally bundles only last through the weekend.

Looks like THQ Nordiq is releasing some of the Star Wars game published by LRG at retail. A Racer and Commando double pack and a Jedi Knight Collection for PS4 and Switch.

LRG is sending a few distribution games to Amazon. Ys and Mary Skelter just showed up there without warning.
It really makes me question what their value add is in the process at this point. If the publisher is still ordering the games from the platform holder and the listings are going up on other sites... Why is LRG still involved? It just feels like retail with extra steps.

Production Status changed to On Deck:
Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 194 (84.7%)
  • On Deck: 35 (15.3%)

Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • TBD: 85 (37.1%)
  • October 2021: 23 (10.0%)
  • August 2021: 22 (9.6%)
  • Q4 2021: 20 (8.7%)
  • November 2021: 12 (5.2%)
  • Q3 2021: 11 (4.8%)
  • September 2021: 11 (4.8%)
  • Q1 2022: 4 (1.7%)
  • 2021: 4 (1.7%)
  • December 2021: 1 (0.4%)
  • Q4 2020: 1 (0.4%)

Here is an interesting question.

Why is the Switch version of Republic Commando on Deck but the PS4 version is scheduled to ship in November? Wasn't there a bunch of issues with the switch port of the game? I thought I heard the PS4 version was superior port and didn't have any real issues. Why is the PS4 version delayed two more months?

I ordered the standard release on PS4 and though it was weird it was not included in the on deck list with the Switch version.

Has Bloodstained Curse of the moon 2 shipped for anyone yet? Mine is still On Deck jeez

& will bloodrayne be getting a best buy release?

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1430968602694459392?s=20
Is this game any good? Since it's WayForward, I'm interested by default but also also I think I remember hearing it's pretty tough. I passed on Mummy Demastered because I played it on my brother's Steam account and got my ass kicked (granted, playing any non-FPS game on a keyboard isn't easy for me).

Roombo ran out pretty fast. It's been awhile, but I missed out on a game I actually wanted again. It was in my cart, but was removed by the time my payment had processed. 

Is this game any good? Since it's WayForward, I'm interested by default but also also I think I remember hearing it's pretty tough. I passed on Mummy Demastered because I played it on my brother's Steam account and got my ass kicked (granted, playing any non-FPS game on a keyboard isn't easy for me).
I'm in the same boat. Anyone know if this has lower difficulty settings?

I just recently beat this game on my 360 and its amazing.

Yes it is difficult but not impossible.

What you need to do is find Secret Skulls scattered in every level(you can replay levels if you missed any). These Skulls allow you to upgrade your Health, Ammo( and i think Power). If you find enough the game gets easy but never too easy(you never go OP)

Finally, this game I feel is a mix of Ninja Gaiden 2D with a Castlevania 2D theme(and soundrack which is amazing too). If you like the idea of Ninja Gaiden + Castlevani you will like this game. Also WayForward does great games too, and this is one of them

I'm in the same boat. Anyone know if this has lower difficulty settings?
According to the description, it sounds like they are adjusting the difficulty in a new game mode

New Difficulty Options
• Play with a newly rebalanced difficulty tuned for a fun and engaging experience, or sink your teeth into the punishing original difficulty mode if you’re looking for a tough-as-nails challenge.

According to the description, it sounds like they are adjusting the difficulty in a new game mode

New Difficulty Options
• Play with a newly rebalanced difficulty tuned for a fun and engaging experience, or sink your teeth into the punishing original difficulty mode if you’re looking for a tough-as-nails challenge.
Cool - thank you!

New Difficulty Options
Shit... I was hoping it was still tough as balls so I could skip this release. LOL Guess not.

Wasn't expecting the SNES book to sell out but also wasn't going to buy it for $35.
I wasn't aware this was limited quantities, I was waiting for a couple more games to save on shipping...

Really sucks as I absolutely LOVE the SNES console and am 100% certain they will have at least 5-6 of these as part of a set (N64 came out in 1996, so at least 5 years).

I wasn't aware this was limited quantities, I was waiting for a couple more games to save on shipping...
Really sucks as I absolutely LOVE the SNES console and am 100% certain they will have at least 5-6 of these as part of a set (N64 came out in 1996, so at least 5 years).
Jeremy Parish said somewhere (Twitter I suppose) that they're already in the process of getting a reprint for this book, and for the Virtual Boy one whenever that sells out. It's not like LRG's usual "one printing then it's gone forever" kind of thing.
And yes, I'm pretty sure his goal is to cover the entire library....eventually. He's also working on the NES, Game Boy, SG-1000, Game Gear, and Lynx. It's going to take a while lol.

Jeremy Parish said somewhere (Twitter I suppose) that they're already in the process of getting a reprint for this book, and for the Virtual Boy one whenever that sells out. It's not like LRG's usual "one printing then it's gone forever" kind of thing.
And yes, I'm pretty sure his goal is to cover the entire library....eventually. He's also working on the NES, Game Boy, SG-1000, Game Gear, and Lynx. It's going to take a while lol.
Josh has confirmed they are reprinting the standard editions of the books, only the CE's were limited. Also, Josh stated they are working on adding a media mail shipping option for books/music only that will allow much cheaper shipping. That's really the only reason I didn't buy the books yet - was not going to pay $24 plus tax shipping.

I wish he’d finish the NES and Game Boy series before starting new ones. Both have had just two volumes available for years, unless he really does consider them done

Ugh, really wish I new about LRG when Psychonauts PS4 was being sold awhile ago. Xbox physical copies are now going for $70+ on eBay.

Xbox physical copies are now going for $70+ on eBay.
Tale as old as time. Some new development peripherally related to an older release raises exposure and awareness of the original game, and as a result demand and prices for second-hand copies of the original game skyrocket.

I paid like $15 for a brand-new copy of Psychonauts back in the day. (for the XBox, it's also available on PS2, if I recall correctly) There's a real benefit to keeping an eye on potential underrated gems. It means keeping up-to-date on gaming news and reviews, but it keeps those harder-to-find games from slipping between the cracks. And it lets you snatch them up at the optimal price.

Tale as old as time. Some new development peripherally related to an older release raises exposure and awareness of the original game, and as a result demand and prices for second-hand copies of the original game skyrocket.

I paid like $15 for a brand-new copy of Psychonauts back in the day. (for the XBox, it's also available on PS2, if I recall correctly) There's a real benefit to keeping an eye on potential underrated gems. It means keeping up-to-date on gaming news and reviews, but it keeps those harder-to-find games from slipping between the cracks. And it lets you snatch them up at the optimal price.
I know you could find older 360 games that were big hits that are in Xbox One cases that Best Buy/Walmart sold for $20 not to long ago like Oblivion, Fallout 3, Skate 3, GTA4 complete (bought this one like a year ago in store for $20 and now sealed copies are going for $130 on eBay…).

I really feel like there’s a market for Original Xbox games if they released them that way (if they are bc) but maybe there’d be a lot more work with games that old.

i sold most of these PS2/GC sealed gems many years ago. oh well. wouldve gotten way more. i regret selling my sealed Panzer Dragoon Saga to a CAG for like $200 back then.

Ugh, really wish I new about LRG when Psychonauts PS4 was being sold awhile ago. Xbox physical copies are now going for $70+ on eBay.
Honestly, it's funny, it feels like nearly every LRG release since they went to the open pre-order model ends up going for lot more than the asking price in the aftermarket than their releases did when they had set production. I've got a ton of older LRG releases (prob like 20-30) and I think the only ones worth anything are the Shantaes and Firewatch- the rest I think are just going for barely over the asking price or often even less.

Obviously I can't say for sure, they're releasing way more games now and while that includes a lot of less desirable titles, they also have some big name releases too I guess.

If you get the VR game you get a voucher for a downloadable version on PS4. So that's something.
I looked into it and it sounds like the voucher expired about April of last year but thanks for the heads up, it was definitely worth looking into.

I might just keep trying eBay and see if one on Xbox/PS4 goes in my price range. I wish I would have decided I wanted it awhile ago but I kind of wanted to see if the sequel was good. Like two weeks ago I could have gotten CIB between the $30 and $40 price mark.

Edit: or keep checking FB marketplace, someone in another state has a “like new” Xbox copy that looks great for $20 but pickup only for it.

Might just go digital on Psychonauts tho.

Looks like THQ Nordiq is releasing some of the Star Wars game published by LRG at retail. A Racer and Commando double pack and a Jedi Knight Collection for PS4 and Switch.
Where and when? I can't find anything on this. I was not checking LRG when Jedi Knight and Jedi Knight: Outcast were released, would love to get them on PS4.

I question whether Limited Run has shipped anything in the last 2 months.

I mean I'm sure they have, but I have the same couple of games listed as "On Deck" for almost 8 weeks now... seriously, they need to revise their labels. Ships in 1 to 2 weeks my posterior...

Ok, thanks for letting me vent  :p

I question whether Limited Run has shipped anything in the last 2 months.

I mean I'm sure they have, but I have the same couple of games listed as "On Deck" for almost 8 weeks now... seriously, they need to revise their labels. Ships in 1 to 2 weeks my posterior...

Ok, thanks for letting me vent :p
Keep in mind Sonicyogurt's post...

Titles by Production Status

• In Production: 194 (84.7%)
  • On Deck: 35 (15.3%)
They have 35 games on deck and they work with smaller orders first and then complex orders last. If you have more than one game in the same shipment that pushed your order until they are packing the last game and then to the bottom list with the other complex orders. But if you did that you spent a few bucks less to wait longer. That's the give & take.

I don't know how big their shipping team is, but I can't imagine it's that big. So 35 games... let's call it 5K per game just to have a low enough number that not many can argue with too much... so 175,000 games to ship.. .and maybe it's 4 people (just a guess) doing all the work of packing with maybe one other person handling all the shipping/tracking sheets/stickers and uploading that to the shipping company. Let's say they manage to get 2000 packages ready per work day... that's 87.5 days of work... with probably 5 work days... so 17.5 weeks... and new stuff coming in all the time. Some games also get priority due to contracts.

The main thing is, you will eventually get your shit ™. JUST be aware that it seems like lately they are screwing up multi game orders left and right. It's probably not a high percent but it's high enough that it's become a regular thing to read about on the various limited print subs on reddit. If it happens to you, open a ticket, and there's already an option to select that you have a missing game it happens so much.

bread's done
Back