Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Josh has confirmed they are reprinting the standard editions of the books, only the CE's were limited. Also, Josh stated they are working on adding a media mail shipping option for books/music only that will allow much cheaper shipping. That's really the only reason I didn't buy the books yet - was not going to pay $24 plus tax shipping.
I was waiting to see/hear how they were being shipped. Given how well LRG has been doing shipping their CEs lately, I didn't have much confidence that these books weren't going to arrive banged up.

I wasn't aware this was limited quantities, I was waiting for a couple more games to save on shipping...

Really sucks as I absolutely LOVE the SNES console and am 100% certain they will have at least 5-6 of these as part of a set (N64 came out in 1996, so at least 5 years).
That's another good point. I can wait for a complete set, if he really does one year per book. Sounds like he's pretty good at starting a console's library but not finishing. The thing with the SNES is books already span the entire library like The SNES Encyclopedia, Ultimate Nintendo, or SNES Omnibus (okay - two books here).

LRG is always shipping things out, although it does seem like they're getting further and further behind.  Here's a graph of how many items are listed as 'On Deck' in the reports I've posted:

1630343989_1.png

The last report is the highest since I started tracking this, with 35 items on-deck.  (It's down to 30 as I write this, though.)  Back on April 8th, there was literally only 1 (!).  The median number of products on-deck since mid-to-late March is around 12, and the average is between 14 and 15.  I think Bloodstained: Curse Of The Moon 2 (Switch) is the one that's been on deck the longest: since August 2nd.

And it hopefully goes without saying that the number of titles still on-deck should never be zero; doesn't make sense to have a full shipping staff who have nothing to do.  And different releases can have wildly different numbers to ship, especially since not everything on deck is actually a game.  And my methodology for counting titles on-deck might be a bit off.  :p  But 30+ does seem like a whole lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
LRG is always shipping things out, although it does seem like they're getting further and further behind. Here's a graph of how many items are listed as 'On Deck' in the reports I've posted:

1630343989_1.png

The last report is the highest since I started tracking this, with 35 items on-deck. (It's down to 30 as I write this, though.) Back on April 8th, there was literally only 1 (!). The median number of products on-deck since mid-to-late March is around 12, and the average is between 14 and 15. I think Bloodstained: Curse Of The Moon 2 (Switch) is the one that's been on deck the longest: since August 2nd.

And it hopefully goes without saying that the number of titles still on-deck should never be zero; doesn't make sense to have a full shipping staff who have nothing to do. And different releases can have wildly different numbers to ship, especially since not everything on deck is actually a game. And my methodology for counting titles on-deck might be a bit off. :p But 30+ does seem like a whole lot.
Seems like there's a pretty significant jump in this month... I figured it would be because of DHL but that happened in June/July?

Seems like there's a pretty significant jump in this month... I figured it would be because of DHL but that happened in June/July?
Part of the back-up is Scott Pilgrim. One of the editions (Classic? Collector's?) came in and they have a ton of Scott Pilgrim orders, they've been prioritizing those. Another reason that should've gone retail in my opinion, but I digress.

I also somewhat question LRG's data quality. Back when I was doing status updates on the LRG stuff (years ago at this point) they would mark things as shipped well before they actually shipped (as in, before I would receive a shipping notice and before any copies were up on eBay beyond the stock image listings). Not that there's anything we can really do about that, but it's interesting to see how the number's growing even in spite of the data fuzzing.

THQ Nordic acquired Aspyr Media in February of 2021. They are planning on releasing physical copies some of Aspyr catalog in both European and US markets starting with Stubbs the Zombie on October 26th.

There have been no official announcements for the Star Wars games from THQ as of yet just some leaked images. Have you ever heard of exclusive territory releases by THQ? I would expect these to be available in both Europe and the US when they announce the official releases in the future. There is nothing official on these releases anyway just speculation right now from some leaked images.

Production Status changed to On Deck:
Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 197 (86.8%)
  • On Deck: 30 (13.2%)

Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • TBD: 89 (39.2%)
  • October 2021: 23 (10.1%)
  • August 2021: 22 (9.7%)
  • Q4 2021: 20 (8.8%)
  • November 2021: 12 (5.3%)
  • Q3 2021: 11 (4.8%)
  • September 2021: 10 (4.4%)
  • Q1 2022: 4 (1.8%)
  • 2021: 4 (1.8%)
  • December 2021: 1 (0.4%)
  • Q4 2020: 1 (0.4%)

https://twitter.com/WaywardKitt/status/1432473345656856581

Looks like the Shiren PC CE didn't include a box, and instead got a Steam code. And the first thing LRG did about it was change the listing to edit out that a disc was included.

The story's developed since then (see the Tweet responses) but it seems like a pretty substantial and shady blunder. Obligatory Reddit thread (where I found out about it): https://www.reddit.com/r/LimitedPrintGames/comments/pf8f0b/shiren_the_wanderer_lrg_pc_steam_code_instead_of/

"Whoops, we got caught doing something shitty again! We totally meant to send out an email about that. Trust me, I'm for realsies this time."

The customer shouldn't be required to submit a ticket to correct LRG's mistake in this instance, especially since there are only ~80 units and ~60 people affected. It's just straight-up false advertising, and them editing the page and requiring customers to contact them for resolution is a really bad look.

Bonus: The contents are literally just the Switch CE contents, sans Switch game:

https://twitter.com/SeafoamGaming/status/1432757774694420482

https://twitter.com/SeafoamGaming/status/1432823661174697990

https://twitter.com/WaywardKitt/status/1432473345656856581

Looks like the Shiren PC CE didn't include a box, and instead got a Steam code. And the first thing LRG did about it was change the listing to edit out that a disc was included.

The story's developed since then (see the Tweet responses) but it seems like a pretty substantial and shady blunder. Obligatory Reddit thread (where I found out about it): https://www.reddit.com/r/LimitedPrintGames/comments/pf8f0b/shiren_the_wanderer_lrg_pc_steam_code_instead_of/
New sister company! Limited Run Steam Codes!

Buy now! Steam codes are in production and will be sent out (er... emailed) 4 to 5 months after preorders close!

I'm never giving these scumbags a cent of my money. I can't believe how shady and anti-consumer they've become. F them.

Wow.  Really amazing.  That takes some HUGE balls for the "Forever Physical" company to sell a physical game, find out they couldn't actually ship it, then ship a box without the physical game.  I think anyone else would have just cancelled the release and refunded the customers.  They must really think "shhhh.... they'll never open it".  

im still waiting on bloodstain cotm 2. On deck for a whole month. how does that make sense
They are trying to save money/get more money in their pocket by not hiring more workers? Not like they'd tell us what the situation is. Based on the math above, they have a need for more pairs of hands based just on how behind they are, with the front facing numbers to customers.

im still waiting on bloodstain cotm 2. On deck for a whole month. how does that make sense
Already covered, they have a lot of other games to ship and Scott Pilgrim had priority due to contracts (maybe other games too).

Bonus: The contents are literally just the Switch CE contents, sans Switch game:
Oof... double hit... recycled Switch CE with no physical game for an $80 hit. Wow.

Production Status changed to On Deck:
  • In Production: 199 (84.7%)
  • On Deck: 36 (15.3%)

• TBD: 92 (39.1%)
  • October 2021: 23 (9.8%)
  • August 2021: 22 (9.4%)
  • Q4 2021: 20 (8.5%)
  • November 2021: 12 (5.1%)
  • Q3 2021: 11 (4.7%)
  • September 2021: 10 (4.3%)
  • Q1 2022: 4 (1.7%)
  • 2021: 3 (1.3%)

Anyone got a copy of the email for Shiren refunds (screenshot works)? I'm interested in seeing what is being communicated to the people that bought the PC CE.

It's on twitter...
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/1433153675560640516
and discussed here:
https://old.reddit.com/r/LimitedPrintGames/comments/pg2av9/lrg_those_who_ordered_shiren_pc_should_send_in_a/

Basically do a request and you'll get a full refund and get to keep what they shipped you. So this worked out for those ~60 people that they are just eating it on this and calling it a day.
In fairness, I think this is about the best thing they could do given the situation they were in yesterday evening. But at the same time, I'm hesitant to give them too much credit because it shouldn't have gotten to that point. This thing's been in production for ~6 months and some folks at LRG (at least Josh) knew about this issue in advance - customers' first inclination that something was amiss shouldn't be when they open the box or see a post from a fellow customer on Twitter.

Got a shipping notification for Ground Zero Texas standard PS4... it's a miracle!

The game has been "on deck ships in 1 to 2 weeks" since mid July (I believe that's when I first noticed it was on deck).

Having played the original Sega CD version years ago........ this is going to be a massive upgrade. The original game always looked so so bad.

Cheesefest imminent!

There is an error on the Shovel Knight CDs. Track 3 plays first. So it goes:

Track 3
Track 1
Track 2
Track 4
Etc.
Original game, expansion soundtracks, or all of the above? I have the original release of the base game's soundtrack from Fangamer, so I passed on that one but bought the others.

Estimated Ship Date changed to September 2021:
  • In Production: 199 (88.1%)
  • On Deck: 27 (11.9%)

• TBD: 92 (40.7%)
  • October 2021: 23 (10.2%)
  • August 2021: 21 (9.3%)
  • Q4 2021: 20 (8.8%)
  • November 2021: 12 (5.3%)
  • Q3 2021: 11 (4.9%)
  • September 2021: 11 (4.9%)
  • Q1 2022: 4 (1.8%)
  • 2021: 3 (1.3%)

• In Production: 199 (88.1%)
  • On Deck: 27 (11.9%)
It might be interesting to see the last graph you did with "On Deck" numbers expanded to include a second data line with the "In Production" numbers. So we can see how the production numbers and on deck numbers have changed over time. Do they grow and shrink at the same rate... has the gap gotten bigger over time... I'm just kind of curious. No pressure at all... it's probably going to look like a mess.

bread's done
Back