Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Nice! Thank you Best Buy (and redrum for posting)!

Looks like the Classic Edition of the NGPC Collection is still in production. I guess it's back to playing them on my NGPC for now.

Has anyone dealt with FIRST PRESS GAMES ? I have a order with them for 175 dollars since January….. I emailed them and got no response. Getting kinda paranoid about them since they are in Europe.

Has anyone dealt with FIRST PRESS GAMES ? I have a order with them for 175 dollars since January….. I emailed them and got no response. Getting kinda paranoid about them since they are in Europe.
For NMH 1 and 2 Asia import, is it confirmed that both games are on the cart?

Estimated Ship Date changed to 2022:
Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 204 (91.1%)
  • On Deck: 20 (8.9%)

Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • TBD: 102 (45.5%)
  • October 2021: 24 (10.7%)
  • September 2021: 19 (8.5%)
  • Q4 2021: 17 (7.6%)
  • November 2021: 12 (5.4%)
  • Q3 2021: 11 (4.9%)
  • August 2021: 7 (3.1%)
  • Q1 2022: 7 (3.1%)
  • 2021: 2 (0.9%)
  • December 2021: 1 (0.4%)
  • Q4 2020: 1 (0.4%)
  • 2022: 1 (0.4%)

• In Production: 204 (91.1%)
  • On Deck: 20 (8.9%)
So they had 33 on deck on the 17th... that's 13 things plus however many items that came in completed in 5 actual days... or 3 business days. That sounds pretty solid. Given the shipping delays... I wonder if this is the beginning of the big shrink on their shipping team as things are slower to come in. Because at this pace... even with some stuff showing up to bump the number back up... they could be a few weeks or so away from having no items on deck.

Last edited by a moderator:
LRG is shipping the Yooka Laylee Grand Tomb Edition books in super tight bubble mailers. Mine is beat to hell. So glad I paid $7.99 shipping. I see it was put to good use.

Put in a ticket for a replacement, but now I'm wondering if they'll pull the same crap for the Virtual Boy and SNES books. I'm also waiting on a Knights and Bikes art book. I don't get why a company with an entire business model around limited print items would put hardcover art books in bubble mailers.

Production Status changed to On Deck:
  • In Production: 197 (90.4%)
  • On Deck: 21 (9.6%)

Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • TBD: 101 (46.3%)
  • October 2021: 23 (10.6%)
  • September 2021: 19 (8.7%)
  • Q4 2021: 15 (6.9%)
  • Q3 2021: 11 (5.0%)
  • November 2021: 10 (4.6%)
  • August 2021: 7 (3.2%)
  • Q1 2022: 6 (2.8%)
  • 2021: 2 (0.9%)
  • December 2021: 1 (0.5%)
  • Q4 2020: 1 (0.5%)
  • 2022: 1 (0.5%)

So they had 33 on deck on the 17th... that's 13 things plus however many items that came in completed in 5 actual days... or 3 business days. That sounds pretty solid. Given the shipping delays... I wonder if this is the beginning of the big shrink on their shipping team as things are slower to come in. Because at this pace... even with some stuff showing up to bump the number back up... they could be a few weeks or so away from having no items on deck.
That also assumes data validity, though. If they're marking things as shipped as soon as they begin shipping, data validity takes a hit. Similarly, I doubt they update the page the second something starts shipping, they probably make updates more sporadically.

I suppose I'm just reticent to trust the information they provide seeing how skewed it's been in the past. Five Dates comes to mind as a recent example where it was marked as shipped well before it actually did ship.

Ikenfell is a cute little game, but it's already been bundled.  Really hard pressed to see it at anything more than a $29.99 release.

That also assumes data validity, though. If they're marking things as shipped as soon as they begin shipping, data validity takes a hit. Similarly, I doubt they update the page the second something starts shipping, they probably make updates more sporadically.

I suppose I'm just reticent to trust the information they provide seeing how skewed it's been in the past. Five Dates comes to mind as a recent example where it was marked as shipped well before it actually did ship.
Oh no doubt data validity is an issue, but we can only work with what we have.

LRG is shipping the Yooka Laylee Grand Tomb Edition books in super tight bubble mailers. Mine is beat to hell. So glad I paid $7.99 shipping. I see it was put to good use.

Put in a ticket for a replacement, but now I'm wondering if they'll pull the same crap for the Virtual Boy and SNES books. I'm also waiting on a Knights and Bikes art book. I don't get why a company with an entire business model around limited print items would put hardcover art books in bubble mailers.
It's funny how they expect you to pay more for a box. Bruh, if my item arrives damaged I'm getting a replacement of refund if you chose not to pack it properly or send it in a box. It's the seller's responsibility to get the item to your buyer without damage.

There are at least four statuses:

• In Production
  • On Deck
  • In Hand
  • Now Shipping

Looking at some titles that've dropped off my reports recently:

9/17 - Super Meat Boy (Vita); The Swords of Ditto (PS4)

9/21 - Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove Outer Box; Panzer Dragoon Fan Bundle; Shovel Knight: King of Cards + Showdown The Definitive Vinyl Soundtrack (Signed); February 26th Mega-Bundle; S.C.A.T.: Special Cybernetic Attack Team (NES); October 30th Mega-Bundle; Return of the Ninja (GBC); Return of the Ninja (GBC) Collector's Edition; Shadow of the Ninja (NES); Shadow of the Ninja (NES) Collector's Edition; Night Trap (SCD 32X); Limited Run #385: Ground Zero: Texas - Nuclear Edition Classic Edition (PS4); Night Trap (SCD); Ground Zero: Texas (SCD)

All 16 of those are listed as "In Hand". I don't have a great way at the moment to see what's In Hand or Now Shipping (or how things change from one to the other) since I'm keying off the Production Status page, and that page only shows On Deck / In Production. I'm not exactly sure what In Hand means since the pages for titles I received months ago show that status, but...yeah.

(snip)

All 16 of those are listed as "In Hand". I don't have a great way at the moment to see what's In Hand or Now Shipping (or how things change from one to the other) since I'm keying off the Production Status page, and that page only shows On Deck / In Production. I'm not exactly sure what In Hand means since the pages for titles I received months ago show that status, but...yeah.
I used to work in business intelligence and analytics and the saying we always had was "trash in, trash out". And I think that holds true here too. Not in criticism of you or your scripting at all (I think you're doing the best anyone could with the data available), but I don't think LRG is very intentional or consistent with their maintenance of the Production Updates page based on some of the notes in my previous post. Just a factor we have to take into account when trying to make extrapolations on the data (i.e. shipping velocity).

I got shipping soon emails for an order with Panzer Dragoon PS4 Classic Edition (Jul 7) and Return of the Ninja GBC (Aug 20) and neither have shipped yet. I guess I don't know what "soon" means anymore. 

I'm sure the direction is 'stuff this item in the smallest package you can.' It'll take a replacement rate of 50% (80%? something else?) before someone says 'maybe we should place this in larger boxes.'

From the few games I've bought from leg over the years, I'm digging the open pre order windows. It's kinda hard to even guess if a game will get printed at a later date or come as a pack down the road which sucks a lot.

Was kicking myself for not grabbing carrion from SRG, but I think it sold out fast. Now target has it up for pre order.

That's why I didn't buy the SNES book from them. I bought the Cosmic Star Heroine art book from them once and already saw how well they package. I did a replacement that arrived in good shape, though.

It's funny how they expect you to pay more for a box. Bruh, if my item arrives damaged I'm getting a replacement of refund if you chose not to pack it properly or send it in a box. It's the seller's responsibility to get the item to your buyer without damage.
I'm sure the direction is 'stuff this item in the smallest package you can.' It'll take a replacement rate of 50% (80%? something else?) before someone says 'maybe we should place this in larger boxes.'
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the jig is up at this point in regards to those two dudes and their BS claims of fan service or "limited edition" items and actually caring. I've shipped thousands of items all around the world for years, and I shipped everyone of those items in the exact way I wanted to receive it, and my 99.9% positive feedback confirms those facts. Talk is beyond cheap, and actions is how we know the tree and the fruit it produces, we've all seen more than once the types of "fans" LRG really is, and most of us have changed our own buying based on that.

Yeah, I got that Cosmic star book from them damaged as well, and got a better packaged replacement, which I know had a HUGE amount of damages just by the comments here. I bought Jeremy's new books as it was the only way to get them, but I left a comment the same day on his YT clip for the books and asked why the hell he left Fangamer, and went to LRG? Of course he never replied, but I assumed it was due to the larger numbers he could move with LRG, and probably didn't think past that.

I've gotten tons of items from Fangamers over the years, and packaging is how you would assume a business with "fan" in the title would ship things. I told him LRG packages like a$$, charged an insane amount for shipping for these specific books, and really isn't a good fit for his brand. Oh well, I hope his deal with them included boxes, because if those LE books come in bubble mailers, he's going to catch a shit storm of epic proportions, and "I told you so!" will be my first comment for sure. I hope I'm proven wrong, but past evidence says I'm probably right.

Oh my god, after all these years, it’s finally done. I got my Vita Super Meat Boy in the mail today. I have some pending orders left and I’ll still pick up Best Buy releases from time to time but I can be done with LRG finally cause god knows I’m not holding my breath on the complete set bonus.

Oh my god, after all these years, it’s finally done. I got my Vita Super Meat Boy in the mail today. I have some pending orders left and I’ll still pick up Best Buy releases from time to time but I can be done with LRG finally cause god knows I’m not holding my breath on the complete set bonus.
Mine still sitting as "Ready" as it has for over a month now. I know I shouldn't be surprised.

Mine still sitting as "Ready" as it has for over a month now. I know I shouldn't be surprised.
Yeah, the ridiculous delay for shipping something they very publicly have had in stock for over a year now (almost 2 years I believe actually) was definitely the cherry on top of this shit sundae.

Got mine in the mail yesterday.... what a relief indeed.

That just leaves Super Meat Boy LE pre-ordered with no ETA (I got it in the AM batch, then tried for the regular in the PM and ended up with both), and a Where the Water Tastes Like Wine collectors edition also with no ETA. So if I don't order anything else I can probably be done once I receive those by Christmas (2022).

Check this out, $24 shipping for two books crammed into a mailer lol what a fucking joke

https://twitter.com/Reluctant_Hero/status/1441791888097353738

why they gotta be cheap like that. books should be bubble wrapped and in a shipping box. so now they just gonna say, sorry we dont have any replacements. what a joke.

why they gotta be cheap like that. books should be bubble wrapped and in a shipping box. so now they just gonna say, sorry we dont have any replacements. what a joke.
What was the weight of those books? How far did these books have to travel? What type of shipping was used? Bubble mailer is obviously wrong but need the rest of the info, shipping prices have drastically gone up.

My shipping was $32, as I got one CE and one standard, as I missed out on the other CE, so I'll report back once my order arrives if a box is used or not. Sadly, this is what I warned the author about, and depending on how many of these books arrive in this manner, hopefully he'll go back to Fangamer for his future books and leave this shit show behind him.

If my books arrive with any issues big and or small, I'll be looking for a replacement or a refund, as I had ZERO desire to shop here to begin with, but since the author thought it was a good idea, here I am.

Check this out, $24 shipping for two books crammed into a mailer lol what a fucking joke

Wow, that's messed up- at that weight (nevermind the cost), a box should have been a given.

And is LRG is moving away from replacements altogether? This happened like a month ago but I got my Shantae GBC bundle and the standard GBC game was somewhat crushed- emailed support and they said they can't replace it and offered me a 10% refund or return. Since I didn't want to be without the game, I just took the refund.

Doesn't even look like a good bubble mailer either. Looks more like the kind of thin plastic poorly padded bag a lot of online clothing retailers use. No way the weight of two of those books necessitate a $24 shipping charge. At that price the books should be in a well-protected box, and even then $24 is a bit absurd. Crazy that a company that specializes in collector's items still cannot properly package things well.

Wow, that's messed up- at that weight (nevermind the cost), a box should have been a given.

And is LRG is moving away from replacements altogether? This happened like a month ago but I got my Shantae GBC bundle and the standard GBC game was somewhat crushed- emailed support and they said they can't replace it and offered me a 10% refund or return. Since I didn't want to be without the game, I just took the refund.
This seems to be their standard go-to now. Receive a damaged item? We can't replace it so here's a fraction of its worth.

Yes, I'm still upset about my damaged 'Streets of Rage 4' steelbook.

I think the issue with refusing replacements is that they only produce a certain amount of extra and their shipping practices have led them to a point where they now need more than that small percentage of extra to cover damages. Rather than bite the bullet and hurt their bottom line they'd rather just screw the consumer.

Related, I got the copy of Meat Boy I ordered today and despite paying $2 for a box (on top of the existing $5.79 shipping charge) it had 0 protective material. Just rattling around because they couldn't be bothered.

PXL_20210925_210958842.jpg

$24 shipping is absolutely insane even if it was in a box...in a thin plastic bag is even worse.

That's pathetic.
This seems to be their standard go-to now. Receive a damaged item? We can't replace it so here's a fraction of its worth.

Yes, I'm still upset about my damaged 'Streets of Rage 4' steelbook.
I think the issue with refusing replacements is that they only produce a certain amount of extra and their shipping practices have led them to a point where they now need more than that small percentage of extra to cover damages. Rather than bite the bullet and hurt their bottom line they'd rather just screw the consumer.

Related, I got the copy of Meat Boy I ordered today and despite paying $2 for a box (on top of the existing $5.79 shipping charge) it had 0 protective material. Just rattling around because they couldn't be bothered.
If memory serves me correctly, they used to hold back 10% of an overall run to replace damages and the like, and whatever wasn't used on replacements, always got sold at a later date. I'm not sure if those same rules apply anymore, but if they do, a LE book run of 500, would have 50 held back to replace any damages. If all 450 books are sent in bubble mailers, 50 is going to be gobbled up pretty quickly, and I'm sure that's when the "Sorry, can't replace, so take a 10% refund, or piss off" comments come in to play.

Sadly, this is all a numbers game, and even with a high number of replacements, LRG won't care, as it's pretty much free money for them, even if their final profits are less than planned. I can't speak for Jeremy, but I would assume since he left Fangamer for LRG, he has a similar mind set. Maybe they could store more, are sell faster, or charge more and then put more funds in all parties pockets, who knows? Maybe they offered more profits over what Fangamer could, sadly, not all money, is good money, but I guess that's to each individual or organization to decide for themselves.

Using a bubble mailer when this kind of money is charged for shipping, really amounts to robbery in my opinion(plus the value of the books). All I can do is wait and and see how mine get shipped at this point, but I'm expecting a shit show, and that's OK, as I stopped ordering from LRG awhile back over their hostage holding of Vita software. So if this goes bad, I'll get my CC involved, get my refund, and they can blacklist me, as I would consider that a badge of honor at this point.

What was the weight of those books? How far did these books have to travel? What type of shipping was used? Bubble mailer is obviously wrong but need the rest of the info, shipping prices have drastically gone up.
Books don't cost twenty four bucks to ship in a mailer lol get fucked lrg cuck

Media Mail rates have barely changed though. They could have doubled boxed the books and sent them Media Mail for under $10 in material costs and shipping, leaving them with over $14 just from the shipping fee.

LRG clearly doesn't care how long it takes for people to receive their items, so why not just ship via the much cheaper and slower Media Mail?

Actually never mind slower, the last Media Mail package I received from someone took 4 days to get to me, while the last LRG package took 7 days via DHL and only traveled 1/3 the distance.

I still can't get over the padding free plastic bag LRG shipped those books in... new idea: save 25 more cents by skipping the plastic bag altogether and just stick the shipping label directly on the books.

They don't do a great job with their CEs anymore, either.  They sent me two replacements for that Streets of Rage 4 Limited Edition because the box kept coming with crushed corners.  You know - the boxes that they put a high value on themselves.  After the replacement was shipped the same way and arrived in the same condition, I asked for the refund option that they offered (I don't recall if I told this story here before).  The rep refused to give me a refund because of that digital code they sent out that I never asked for.  I never even used the code - I told the rep he could check it.  Nope.  No refund.  The rep put a note on the replacement order to use more packaging material.  It shipped the same as the other two.  It was better, but not perfect.

But, it was just insane that the price for sending out that "free" PC Steam code to people who ordered the console version was that they could no longer get a refund on a high dollar item if it arrived damaged.   Again, even if you never used the code!  Just the fact that they sent an e-mail with a code was enough to remove any option for a refund.

LRG can use Regional A Flat rate boxes (which are about 13" x 11" x 2.5") to ship these books and it will cost about $9 to ship via priority mail shipping. That's how I ship LE hardcover books and have had no problems with condition when they arrive.

You guys really think LRG can handle two different carries? They can barely handle shipping as it is now with one carrier... 

bread's done
Back