Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Since Song of Horror PS4 has been as a distributed title and not part of the LRG lines, does that mean there's a chance it could be sold at Amazon like Cthulu Saves Christmas?

Production Status changed to At LRG Warehouse:
Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 215 (90.7%)
  • At LRG Warehouse: 12 (5.1%)
  • Pre-production: 10 (4.2%)

Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • TBD: 133 (56.1%)
  • October 2021: 32 (13.5%)
  • Q4 2021: 29 (12.2%)
  • November 2021: 14 (5.9%)
  • Q1 2022: 6 (2.5%)
  • Q3 2021: 6 (2.5%)
  • 2021: 2 (0.8%)
  • December 2021: 1 (0.4%)
  • Q4 2020: 1 (0.4%)
  • 2022: 1 (0.4%)

So they are finally selling the steelbook separate it looks like and that will piss off people
They are selling the steelbook separate for the game they didn't sell/distribute themselves (Crysis 1). That does not look to be the case for Crysis 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. My take is that they wanted to offer a Steelbook for all 3 games, but Crysis 1 already got a mass release. So there wasn't really a good way to have a Crysis 1 CE.

I may just stick with the PS4 trilogy (or hold out for a PS5 release)

Estimated Ship Date changed to November 2021:Estimated Ship Date changed to October 2021:Estimated Ship Date changed to Q4 2021:Production Status changed to At LRG Warehouse:
  • In Production: 206 (80.5%)
  • At LRG Warehouse: 40 (15.6%)
  • Pre-production: 10 (3.9%)

• TBD: 124 (48.4%)
  • Q4 2021: 32 (12.5%)
  • October 2021: 29 (11.3%)
  • November 2021: 16 (6.3%)
  • Q1 2022: 7 (2.7%)
  • Q3 2021: 3 (1.2%)

giphy.gif

Placed an order for store pickup. Thanks Red!

Odd that all LRG-type releases at Best Buy for sale or pre-order do have shipping options except for this game. Maybe that option will be available soon...but maybe not . Better to be safe than sorry which is why I ordered for pickup, just in case.

Production Status changed to At LRG Warehouse:
  • In Production: 204 (79.7%)
  • At LRG Warehouse: 43 (16.8%)
  • Pre-production: 9 (3.5%)

• TBD: 123 (48.0%)
  • Q4 2021: 32 (12.5%)
  • October 2021: 30 (11.7%)
  • November 2021: 15 (5.9%)
  • Q1 2022: 6 (2.3%)
  • Q3 2021: 3 (1.2%)

I like how there’s no mention of the collectors editions ! That glaring omission speaks volumes and let’s me know I’m not getting my order for another 6 + months !
Switch Bloodlines edition was moved recently to the vague Q4 release date. Ultimate edition is listed as Q1 2022. No need to really mention them right now. PS4 edition also got bumped. Seems like it's taking more time to get ps4 games these days than switch. Probably due to the longer manufacturing process are larger shipping boxes (nintendo just sends carts... sony sends the games in their complete retail packaging).

EDIT:

Got email notification about my standard switch copy of the Castlevania Anniversary Collection being sheduled for shipment. So probably just a few more weeks before it actually ships... maybe a week or so later... and I'll have no outstanding orders with LRG.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want Bloodrayne 1 & 2 it'll be $80+ after shipping and taxes for damn near 20 year old games.

... insane.
Just wait for a differing regions release of both games on one cart for less whatever LRG is selling it. Or wait a bit longer and the publisher will get all the money they can from LRG hoarders and push out a retail release (likely also a bundle deal!).

Related, I ended up just grabbing this dual set of No More Heroes off Play-Asia after talking to someone about the series that changed my view on it. With my credit and a discount code, it was $46 shipped. And I'll still probably wait less time than some LRG folks...

If you want Bloodrayne 1 & 2 it'll be $80+ after shipping and taxes for damn near 20 year old games.

... insane.
The 20 years old bit doesn't bother me for these prices... it's the lower tier games these are that make them not worth it. If they were say, fully upgraded HD remake versions of Zelda OoT and Wind Waker... or Burnout 3 Takedown and Outrun 2006 Coast To Coast... I'd throw $40 at each of them. The age of the game doesn't bother me.... it's that to me these are like c tier games at best. Games I might consider in a bargain bin or reduced down to $5 at gamestop used or something.

And an extra $35 for a box, soundtrack, keychain, and poster (and an added 3-6 month wait).  I guess that isn't really new - the box is where they put most of their "value".   It's odd that they never show pics of the back of the boxes given how much of that price is made up by the box.

It really annoys me that there is no physical 'Doom' compilation with all the games on disc. I guess 'Doom 3: BFG' is the closest, though obviously it doesn't include 'Doom' 2016 and forward.

And an extra $35 for a box, soundtrack, keychain, and poster (and an added 3-6 month wait). I guess that isn't really new - the box is where they put most of their "value". It's odd that they never show pics of the back of the boxes given how much of that price is made up by the box.
Most of their boxes on the back are HUGE BLANKS AREAS with no text or screenshots. Its really lazy shit from LRG.

Estimated Ship Date changed to Q4 2021:Production Status changed to At LRG Warehouse:
  • In Production: 208 (79.4%)
  • At LRG Warehouse: 43 (16.4%)
  • Pre-production: 11 (4.2%)

• TBD: 122 (46.6%)
  • Q4 2021: 34 (13.0%)
  • October 2021: 28 (10.7%)
  • November 2021: 16 (6.1%)
  • Q1 2022: 7 (2.7%)
  • December 2021: 5 (1.9%)
  • Q3 2021: 3 (1.1%)

So oddly my Castlevania Anniversary Collection for switch showed up in todays mail. Totally surprised me. Also they threw in a big folded black and white poster. I don’t remember that being part of the deal… not a complaint. Glad to wash my hands of lrg now (until next time) as I have no outstanding orders to wait on. Now that I’ve done the BB wait game vs LRG pay and wait… I kind of prefer the LRG path because while both are a pain in the ass with the wait… at least I know I got my order in with LRG and since I only aim for standard editions it’s a little less stress than waiting for bb to make listings and then hoping to be around when they go live and also hope they don’t sell out too quick. YMMV. For stuff I’m casually interested in BB every time so I get a chance to change my mind (since I almost always decide I don’t want it). If I’m serious, just buy from LRG.

In fairness though, the BBY versions never usually sell out fast, and are oftentimes available for months. Even the quick sellers like the  Shantae games usually make it a week or two after release no problem.  Scott Pilgrim was a bit odd in that it was only ever in store pickup.  I do have a feeling that shipping will open up for it eventually though.

In fairness though, the BBY versions never usually sell out fast, and are oftentimes available for months. Even the quick sellers like the Shantae games usually make it a week or two after release no problem.
There’s been a few in store only games and that’s a huge hurdle for me as the closest store is a hour drive. Forgot to even mention that. Also I used to by default think fuck LRG, I’ll just get it at bb and then forget to check if bb even ordered any. Like Grandia 1&2. I’ll have to import if I want it physical. There’s also a low chance bb doesn’t order something. So if I want something for sure… I’m better off saving my sanity and just buy it from lrg and be done. It’s more about my anxiety and measuring both situations for myself.

Estimated Ship Date changed to Q4 2021:Production Status changed to At LRG Warehouse:
  • In Production: 210 (77.8%)
  • At LRG Warehouse: 49 (18.1%)
  • Pre-production: 11 (4.1%)

• TBD: 123 (45.6%)
  • Q4 2021: 35 (13.0%)
  • October 2021: 29 (10.7%)
  • November 2021: 16 (5.9%)
  • Q1 2022: 7 (2.6%)
  • December 2021: 5 (1.9%)
  • Q3 2021: 3 (1.1%)
  • 2021: 2 (0.7%)

I was able to order Scott Pilgrim for shipping a few days ago. It arrived yesterday. It appears to be available for shipping again right now but it's been intermittently available for the past few days.

Any chance of Doom Eternal on Switch getting a LRG release?

Still disappointed the initial physical release was cancelled, when it ended up being pretty decent Switch port.

I was able to order Scott Pilgrim for shipping a few days ago. It arrived yesterday. It appears to be available for shipping again right now but it's been intermittently available for the past few days.
not for me I am only getting in store pick-up only not available for shipping

Any chance of Doom Eternal on Switch getting a LRG release?

Still disappointed the initial physical release was cancelled, when it ended up being pretty decent Switch port.
I would say it has a good chance. ID has a relationship with LRG already and it would be like leaving money on the table at this point.

Yeah, it's very intermittent. It'll be available for 30-60 minutes for shipping at random times. I kept waffling on whether or not I wanted it and it'd go back to local pickup while I decided.

I don’t even know why they want to force local pickup. I went to pickup at a local store and the main aisle was cluttered to the point it was almost impossible to get around. I guess they are getting all the items ready for Black Friday already. But it leaves a bad impression to see the store like that.

Has anyone heard anything about those bloodrayne games releasing digitally? I'd love to play them again but don't need them physically.

Has anyone heard anything about those bloodrayne games releasing digitally? I'd love to play them again but don't need them physically.
According to a press release I saw on playstationtrophies.org a while back, Bloodrayne 1 & 2 should be available digitally

Off topic but.. have there been any games in the past few years that weren't available digitally? Like not games that are no longer available digitally (because they were pulled for whatever reason) but games that were never made available digitally.

I would say it has a good chance. ID has a relationship with LRG already and it would be like leaving money on the table at this point.
I thought I saw a tweet reply somewhere from LRG (Josh?) that a physical edition wouldn't happen because the bump in price to the next highest cartridge is too high. If they passed the extra cost down to the consumer (and they would, duh) people would STILL pay it. I mean who am I kidding I'd pay it.

bread's done
Back