Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I thought I saw a tweet reply somewhere from LRG (Josh?) that a physical edition wouldn't happen because the bump in price to the next highest cartridge is too high. If they passed the extra cost down to the consumer (and they would, duh) people would STILL pay it. I mean who am I kidding I'd pay it.
Yeah, they've mentioned that in the Discord. I'd say it's a tossup whether it happens or not. There is demand, sure, but passing the cost along is bad optics and we all know LRG wouldn't sacrifice their margin.

Off topic but.. have there been any games in the past few years that weren't available digitally? Like not games that are no longer available digitally (because they were pulled for whatever reason) but games that were never made available digitally.
SRG is doing one and marketing that aspect pretty heavily. Several of the last Vita games that EAS is doing are digital-only. In the latter case I believe it's an issue with the rating from ESRB/PAL/etc. costing more than they would get back in digital sales.

Estimated Ship Date changed to Q4 2021:Production Status changed to At LRG Warehouse:Production Status changed to In Production:
Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 213 (69.6%)
  • At LRG Warehouse: 82 (26.8%)
  • Pre-production: 11 (3.6%)

Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • TBD: 123 (40.2%)
  • Q4 2021: 37 (12.1%)
  • October 2021: 29 (9.5%)
  • November 2021: 17 (5.6%)
  • Q1 2022: 8 (2.6%)
  • December 2021: 5 (1.6%)
  • Q3 2021: 2 (0.7%)
  • 2021: 2 (0.7%)
  • 2022: 1 (0.3%)

Wow that's huge turn... 82 items at the warehouse. Their ship must have come in.
Some of that stuff has already shipped out to customers. I know I ordered Afterparty on the PS4 and I've had it for a while. I'm guessing there was just some kind of backfill to the new statuses.

Mushihimesama tweet
The mini arcade is honestly pretty neat. I'll hold off for the Deathsmiles version, with the back text of the 360 version scribbled on either side.

191147-deathsmiles-limited-edition-xbox-360-other.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Production Status changed to At LRG Warehouse:
  • In Production: 210 (66.7%)
  • At LRG Warehouse: 94 (29.8%)
  • Pre-production: 11 (3.5%)

• TBD: 123 (39.0%)
  • Q4 2021: 37 (11.7%)
  • October 2021: 29 (9.2%)
  • November 2021: 14 (4.4%)
  • Q1 2022: 8 (2.5%)
  • Q3 2021: 2 (0.6%)
  • 2021: 2 (0.6%)

has Double Dragon IV for the Switch arrived in the warehouse yet?  I have it in an order with a couple of other games.  I received an email back in August that it will be "Shipping Soon".  But when I check my order, it says "In Production" when shouldn't it say "At LRG Warehouse" or "On Hand".  I have it in an order with Zombies Ate My Neighbors, so not expecting to actually receive it  till that's ready but I would think the status on it would at least be updated.

Estimated Ship Date changed to October 2021:Estimated Ship Date changed to Q4 2021:Production Status changed to At LRG Warehouse:
  • In Production: 205 (66.3%)
  • At LRG Warehouse: 93 (30.1%)
  • Pre-production: 11 (3.6%)

• TBD: 121 (39.2%)
  • Q4 2021: 38 (12.3%)
  • October 2021: 25 (8.1%)
  • November 2021: 14 (4.5%)
  • Q1 2022: 8 (2.6%)
  • Q3 2021: 2 (0.6%)
  • 2021: 2 (0.6%)

Do you think Axiom Verge 2 is going to be released by Best buy too ? I know it says on the website that maybe but have you read something on twitter or another place about it ?

I'm getting tired of LRG times and there isn't another game at the moment i want to buy to save on shipping costs.

Do you think Axiom Verge 2 is going to be released by Best buy too ? I know it says on the website that maybe but have you read something on twitter or another place about it ?

I'm getting tired of LRG times and there isn't another game at the moment i want to buy to save on shipping costs.
There's always a chance, but I think very few games ended up not getting released by Best Buy (Ms. Splosion Man comes to mind, not sure what else).

There's always a chance, but I think very few games ended up not getting released by Best Buy (Ms. Splosion Man comes to mind, not sure what else).
Grandia 1&2 ... though to be fair I don't think it ever got the message that it was possibly being ordered. It's odd of all games BB would skip that.

Do LRG standard edition Switch games typically have reversible cover art? I haven't bought anything from LRG in quite some time and I'm tempted by Mushihimesama, just not crazy about the stock artwork.

Do LRG standard edition Switch games typically have reversible cover art? I haven't bought anything from LRG in quite some time and I'm tempted by Mushihimesama, just not crazy about the stock artwork.
LRG usually mentions and displays reversible cover art if it's available, so this likely doesn't have it.

So anyone buying that book, Limited Run: The Complete Run Vol.1? I thought I had seen it all then they pull this outta left field...

So anyone buying that book, Limited Run: The Complete Run Vol.1? I thought I had seen it all then they pull this outta left field...
No. It would be a cool piece of marketing material or promotional item, but in true LRG fashion they're upcharging the everloving fuck out of it. Which feels really weird and self-congratulatory.

Seems like they've still got about 1/6 of the 900 hardcovers left too, so it doesn't seem to be going over as well as they'd hoped. Anecdotal, but in thread and elsewhere I've seen a whole lot fewer people talking about LRG over the past few months, so maybe the general market is starting to get more fed up with them as well.

That has been the only one so far of games that BBY was supposed to be ordering but backed out, that I'm aware of.

No. It would be a cool piece of marketing material or promotional item, but in true LRG fashion they're upcharging the everloving fuck out of it. Which feels really weird and self-congratulatory.

Seems like they've still got about 1/6 of the 900 hardcovers left too, so it doesn't seem to be going over as well as they'd hoped. Anecdotal, but in thread and elsewhere I've seen a whole lot fewer people talking about LRG over the past few months, so maybe the general market is starting to get more fed up with them as well.
This is basically everyone funding the copies Josh and Doug are getting for free and giving to employees, etc.

It is a big upcharge especially for the hardcover book. $55 ($30 extra) for the hardcover and Josh and Doug's signatures? Who the fuck do they think they are, some super celebrities?

Estimated Ship Date changed to https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0912/7444/files/RatingPending_EForEveryone_240x240_9f469a4f-1ef4-43f8-a8d2-38dd2b81c762_480x480.png?v=1609786509:

Production Status changed to In Production:

• In Production: 201 (89.3%)
  • At LRG Warehouse: 13 (5.8%)
  • Pre-production: 11 (4.9%)

• TBD: 121 (53.8%)
  • Q4 2021: 38 (16.9%)
  • October 2021: 18 (8.0%)
  • November 2021: 15 (6.7%)
  • Q1 2022: 8 (3.6%)
  • December 2021: 5 (2.2%)
  • Q3 2021: 2 (0.9%)
  • 2021: 2 (0.9%)
  • https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0912/7444/files/RatingPending_EForEveryone_240x240_9f469a4f-1ef4-43f8-a8d2-38dd2b81c762_480x480.png?v=1609786509: 1 (0.4%)
  • 2022: 1 (0.4%)

I thought there was a bug with my script, but no:

1635626332_1.png

From 93 to 13 items in the warehouse in two days. I know there were pins and other small items… but that’s a pretty big drop. Must have been a lot of low quantity sales to move them that quick.

From 93 to 13 items in the warehouse in two days. I know there were pins and other small items… but that’s a pretty big drop. Must have been a lot of low quantity sales to move them that quick.
Good case scenario: they already had a ton of stuff pre-staged for the last insert/trinket/title and could just put that in, slap the box closed, sticker, scan and go.

Worst case scenario: they crunched their warehouse staff to clear a bunch of stuff once shipments got in.

I hope it's the good case.

Holy hell just got a shipping notification for my Scott Pilgrim order

dwayne-johnson-the-rock.gif
You got anything else in that order cuz I got my Scott Pilgrim two and a half weeks ago ... from Best Buy.

That has been the only one so far of games that BBY was supposed to be ordering but backed out, that I'm aware of.

This is basically everyone funding the copies Josh and Doug are getting for free and giving to employees, etc.

It is a big upcharge especially for the hardcover book. $55 ($30 extra) for the hardcover and Josh and Doug's signatures? Who the fuck do they think they are, some super celebrities?
Yea. This book screamed free PDF or very cheap paperback. I wouldn't buy a book of games published by any company.

Good case scenario: they already had a ton of stuff pre-staged for the last insert/trinket/title and could just put that in, slap the box closed, sticker, scan and go.

Worst case scenario: they crunched their warehouse staff to clear a bunch of stuff once shipments got in.

I hope it's the good case.
Looking back at my own posts... it was 11 days between the email notification that they were going to process orders of Castlevania Anniversary Collection (Switch) and it showing up in my mail box.

I'm cautiously optimistic they've overhauled their shipping department and things are happening a lot quicker than they had been.

• In Production: 199 (88.4%)
  • At LRG Warehouse: 15 (6.7%)

$55 ($30 extra) for the hardcover and Josh and Doug's signatures? Who the fuck do they think they are, some super celebrities?
WTF thats the height of hubris right there ! I wouldn’t even want that book for free…. If it was free with orders I’d say NO cause it would just delay my shipment of my game.

Estimated Ship Date changed to *Please note if you have another item tied to this order, your shipment will only be shipped after all items are complete. Shipping queue times may vary. :Production Status changed to In Production:
  • In Production: 201 (89.3%)
  • At LRG Warehouse: 13 (5.8%)

• In Production: 194 (91.1%)
  • Pre-production: 11 (5.2%)
  • At LRG Warehouse: 8 (3.8%)

• In Production: 192 (89.3%)
  • At LRG Warehouse: 12 (5.6%)
  • Pre-production: 11 (5.1%)

FOREVER PHYSICAL jk fuck Josh and Doug aka Boris and whatever other stupid name

https://twitter.com/BrettEMullaney/status/1456150921570775042?s=20

They put out so much junk these days that it's impossible to keep track of. At one point they put out physical versions of digital games that deserved to be physical. That made sense. Now they put out physical versions of whatever junk they could license and now they're putting out limited art books and counterfeit cartridges. I'm sure they probably didn't even notice that about Doom because they're so busy that they have no time for quality control. Or they knew and just didn't care. Either way that's not good.

bread's done
Back