Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
They put out so much junk these days that it's impossible to keep track of. At one point they put out physical versions of digital games that deserved to be physical. That made sense. Now they put out physical versions of whatever junk they could license and now they're putting out limited art books and counterfeit cartridges. I'm sure they probably didn't even notice that about Doom because they're so busy that they have no time for quality control. Or they knew and just didn't care. Either way that's not good.
Funny thing. When someone asked on Twitter whether it would need an internet connection they said no.

https://twitter.com/passenger_rose/status/1377381482449137666

Last edited by a moderator:
That is pretty neat considering I already had Doom 1 and 2 off the eshop and I wanted a physical cartridge with them on it just to have so it's literally like whst is even the point? 🤣

As shitty as this is, it's pretty funny at the same time. If you spend $40 (not including Shipping+Tax, so probably $50) for decades old games that are $2 or less digitally and have been outdone by many other games since, you kinda deserve it

That's a horrible bug (regardless of preservation) because like on my switch I have profiles for my wife and kids and only my oldest son has linked their nintendo account.  What a waste of a physical release.   Might as well just bought the retail collection with most of the games being digital downloads.

Pretty sure this one might test "all sales final" for a lot of folks. 

Putting out a DRM'd cart to hardcore physical collector's is a bold move, to say the least.

This was the tipping point. I ordered republic commando from LRG and it’s yet to ship. Probably not to next year ! So I got the retail version for less money with 2 games on the disk, and I got it within a week of ordering it!
Same exact story with Huntdown ! which I have no clue when that will ship. I don’t know who would order Crysis from them when you can get the crysis trilogy from Amazon within a week or pay for individual releases from LRG and wait a year ! My mindset has gone from wanting to support LRG, to buying from them only when I absolutely have no other choice.

And them combing orders is ridiculous…. If one game gets delayed for a year, all your games (in that order) get delayed for a year ! Other companies will often apologize for a delay (as opposed to LRG blaming others) and ship what they have available.

Yup. Super fucking frustrating. I'm still waiting on my New Years Day order because the Shenmue CD collection keeps getting delayed.

The Star Wars games is a whole other frustration though. Just ridiculous. And yeah, I ordered Huntdown for Switch off Amazon on Saturday and it was delivered yesterday.

if ppl stop buying from them and losing customers, they will start stepping up. that company isn't going to last long.
The issue is not knowing what will and won't be carried only by them. Despite what they said about contracts and what devs can do after they fulfill the contracts, it's still a crapshoot. No one knew the 'Star Wars' games were going to get a release outside LRG until deep into this year.

And there are still some things only LRG releases, like the 'Shantae' games.

Hell, the 'Shenmue' soundtrack collection I'm waiting for, now seems to be available for preorder elsewhere, but at nearly double the price. So does that mean these sites are getting/buying the soundtrack collection through LRG? Who knows.

Bottom line is I agree with you, but LRG is still the only avenue for some items.

how hard is it to change the shipping address on something that is still in production? I have a feeling I won't be at my current address once this thing ships and would like to change it to my parents address.

Or just buy digital. Alot of these games ( PS4 releases in particular) are gonna be gimped when servers eventually shut down anyway.
Every time a physical game comes out busted, I am more and more leaning towards digital only unless physical is my only option.

Feels like lose/lose on the console side of things. Some don't maintain their networks too well (Nintendo, then Sony), so it makes physical more necessary.

Every time a physical game comes out busted, I am more and more leaning towards digital only unless physical is my only option.

Feels like lose/lose on the console side of things. Some don't maintain their networks too well (Nintendo, then Sony), so it makes physical more necessary.
Very little competent publishing these days.

It's good to not support pre-orders, like you were saying.

Estimated Ship Date changed to November 2021:Production Status changed to At LRG Warehouse:
Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 188 (87.9%)
  • At LRG Warehouse: 15 (7.0%)
  • Pre-production: 11 (5.1%)

Titles by Estimated Ship Date:

I really want a physical copy of Narita Boy, but don't want to support LRG. Dang it.

At least Iam8Bit will be releasing the physical version of Eastward (maybe? It's been months and they haven't announced anything new. Anyone have any updates on Eastward?)

It's hilarious to me that they still haven't changed the estimated ship date that's an ESRB rating image link. I posted it in their Discord and everything, they just do not care anymore.

Narita Boy is a really cool game. I enjoyed playing it on Gamepass.
2D action/adventure game with a great style, soundtrack and interesting story.
I would suggest trying it on gamepass if you have the option before buying it.
Took me about 10 hours for 100% completion.

Estimated Ship Date changed to November 2021:
  • In Production: 188 (87.9%)
  • At LRG Warehouse: 15 (7.0%)
  • Pre-production: 11 (5.1%)

Production Status changed to At LRG Warehouse:
  • In Production: 177 (87.2%)
  • At LRG Warehouse: 15 (7.4%)
  • Pre-production: 11 (5.4%)

Always Sometimes Monsters is tempting but it's hard to justify buying it at $29.99 plus shipping and then waiting for 6 -12 months to get it.  Hopefully it gets released by someone else in the future.

Watched a video detailing the history of the Valis series since I couldn't remember what it was.   Unless the games have massive QOL improvements, it's an easy pass.  Plus it's only I-III... no IV or SD.   These are action platformer games.

I'm just wondering, is there any point to buying the LRG versions of games individually instead of the better import versions which usually have multiple games in one? Is it just an NTSC collector thing or what? At this point it's almost guaranteed that any worthwhile game is going to get some sort of separate release outside of LRG down the line so I haven't bought anything from them in months.

I think

I'm just wondering, is there any point to buying the LRG versions of games individually instead of the better import versions which usually have multiple games in one? Is it just an NTSC collector thing or what? At this point it's almost guaranteed that any worthwhile game is going to get some sort of separate release outside of LRG down the line so I haven't bought anything from them in months.
I think it's generally a collector's thing, unless it's like the Valis series where LRG touts an "Exclusive" english translation or offers extra goodies or whatever. I had bought the physical versions of Blaster Master Zero 1 and 2 from Best Buy and I sold them once I found out that Play Asia was going to release a single cart with both games plus the 3rd game which had just been announced. The good news is I made a few dollars profit selling the LRG versions.

It's usually an ESRB/NTSC thing. People like the homogeneity in their collections. But in cases like the recent Star Wars games, there are even subsequent ESRB/NTSC releases that are better. It's at the point where LRG releases are often only the best releases when they're the only releases.

Estimated Ship Date changed to TBD:
  • In Production: 180 (87.0%)
  • At LRG Warehouse: 15 (7.2%)
  • Pre-production: 12 (5.8%)

TBD is my most hated estimated shipping date.

Unrelated: all 4 of my my outstanding orders will ship TBD.

Also unrelated: I haven't even ordered anything in ~5 months.

bread's done
Back