Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Estimated Ship Date changed to Dec 2021 / Jan 2022:Estimated Ship Date changed to Q1 2022:Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • TBD: 180 (75.3%)
  • Q4 2021: 31 (13.0%)
  • Q1 2022: 10 (4.2%)
  • November 2021: 8 (3.3%)
  • December 2021: 5 (2.1%)
  • Dec 2021 / Jan 2022: 2 (0.8%)
  • Q3 2021: 2 (0.8%)
  • 2021: 1 (0.4%)
Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 237 (90.1%)
  • At LRG Warehouse: 22 (8.4%)
  • Pre-production: 4 (1.5%)

They have not responded and Josh/Doug have blocked people who messaged them about it.

To my knowledge, they've never acknowledged any of their follies on the main LRG account. I imagine the perception is it would hurt future prospective sales and so they just sweep it under the rug and wait for it to blow over.
I think they acknowledged that Shiren 5 debacle... maybe. It seems like I've seen them acknowledge something once. I think it was a case where they sold such a small number of copies they could afford to not care and just be honest, even though I would have thought it would have been cheaper to just tell the customers up front. I guess they were going all in on people never opening those (that was the one where they left out the GAME entirely).

I think they acknowledged that Shiren 5 debacle... maybe. It seems like I've seen them acknowledge something once. I think it was a case where they sold such a small number of copies they could afford to not care and just be honest, even though I would have thought it would have been cheaper to just tell the customers up front. I guess they were going all in on people never opening those (that was the one where they left out the GAME entirely).
They've made some comments from their personal Twitter accounts, yes, but they've never made an "official" statement on their site, social media, etc. Earlier today Josh and Doug were both posting on Reddit via their personal accounts about the Crysis thing (which is apparently only an issue in specific circumstances and can be fixed via patch config on the eShop backend).

I also wouldn't call the interactions they did have on Shiren particularly good or professional, but a lot of that ended up getting deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's very old school, like a Mega Man type platformer/shooter.  The first game was notoriously difficult, but for the sequel, and also for this remaster, they have added in selectable difficulty levels.  It's well worth playing if you're a fan of AVGN or retro style platformers.  

I just received my Castlevania Anniversary Collection copies today.  Happy they arrived before the holidays! Now just waiting for the Zombies Ate My Neighbors/Ghoul Patrol bundles.

I just received my Castlevania Anniversary Collection copies today. Happy they arrived before the holidays! Now just waiting for the Zombies Ate My Neighbors/Ghoul Patrol bundles.
I bought the fan bundle like an idiot. That's how into Castlevania I am. I wonder if I'll still be alive to ever see it and what condition those CEs will be in when they pack them all together.

I would bet it pops up at Best Buy soon....

Production Status changed to At LRG Warehouse:Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • TBD: 180 (76.3%)
  • Q4 2021: 31 (13.1%)
  • November 2021: 8 (3.4%)
  • Q1 2022: 8 (3.4%)
  • December 2021: 4 (1.7%)
  • In Production: 234 (93.2%)
  • At LRG Warehouse: 13 (5.2%)
  • Pre-production: 4 (1.6%)

I missed the vinyl sale yesterday because I spent all day sleeping and to top it off the email was in my spam folder. lol I would've bought The Missing. dammit.

Surprised to see them at see them at comic con lite.

[attachment=36436:7B3167F5-51F5-4B4C-B91D-EF06D6F27F26.jpeg]
[attachment=36437:5BFCEC44-8567-4451-A51B-B7A504A61289.jpeg]

I'm starting to suspect that LRG lies when they say they only order a certain amount of units per game. Because if they weren't then they wouldn't have so many left over games for cons and holiday sales.

I'm starting to suspect that LRG lies when they say they only order a certain amount of units per game. Because if they weren't then they wouldn't have so many left over games for cons and holiday sales.
They have been very transparent that they hold at least 10% back for issues with orders and cons.

To add to Sephiroth's note, they're also forced by Nitnendo to order in quantities of 1,000 and I believe by Sony to order in quantities of 100. So if a game gets 6,201 pre-orders on the Switch they have to order 7k and end up having lots of extra inventory for cons/replacements/blowout sales/etc.

I'm still shocked at how little coverage LRG's problems have gotten. I don't follow any major internet personalities but I'd think SOMEONE would be a LRG customer and cover the issues.
What's shaking? I've been gone forever here, but looks like I didn't miss much, lul.

wataten-bang.gif

Did LRG recently begin charging sales tax out of state? I was about to put in a last second pre-order for Mushihimesama but with tax and shipping a $40 game is now $50. :cry:

Did LRG recently begin charging sales tax out of state? I was about to put in a last second pre-order for Mushihimesama but with tax and shipping a $40 game is now $50. :cry:
Not recently. Been going on for years. Charging tax is bad enough, but there's a special place in Hell for people who charge tax on shipping.

It depends on the state's laws, if a retailer is required to charge sales taxes I think. Your state might have been one of the more recent ones to add a sales tax for online purchases. CA has had it for the longest I think but pretty sure a majority of states started require retailers to collect sales taxes starting a few years ago.

State I live in implemented sales tax on shipping, this year. Or I would say that, but it doesn't apply to postage paid for at a USPS Post Office, which makes absolutely no sense!

I'm still waiting on them to ship Super Meat Boy for Vita. Was forced to buy the absolutely hideous looking Collector's Edition, and for reasons that I doubt we'll ever be provided an answer for they still have not bothered to ship it. It's been a staggering ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY-THREE (123) DAYS since that game was sold. I would looooooove to hear what manner of excuse they have for why a game already on hand and sitting in their warehouse hasn't been shipped after four months have passed since the day it was sold.

I'm still waiting on them to ship Super Meat Boy for Vita. Was forced to buy the absolutely hideous looking Collector's Edition, and for reasons that I doubt we'll ever be provided an answer for they still have not bothered to ship it. It's been a staggering ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY-THREE (123) DAYS since that game was sold. I would looooooove to hear what manner of excuse they have for why a game already on hand and sitting in their warehouse hasn't been shipped after four months have passed since the day it was sold.
Pretty sure you are waiting on stupid $45 lunch tray and figure to be manufactured that absolutely no one wanted…

You're in an LRG thread and complaining about only 123 days? That's nothing. My Dangun Feveron order that I placed on May 7 finally shipped today. That's 205 days. Before that, it took 197 days for my Ground Zero Texas order. These weren't special collectors' editions like your's, but just standard releases. Does it suck that LRG can't get their act together and ship things faster? Absolutely. But 123 days is asking for a miracle with LRG. Wait six months and then start to worry.

You're in an LRG thread and complaining about only 123 days? That's nothing. My Dangun Feveron order that I placed on May 7 finally shipped today. That's 205 days. Before that, it took 197 days for my Ground Zero Texas order. These weren't special collectors' editions like your's, but just standard releases. Does it suck that LRG can't get their act together and ship things faster? Absolutely. But 123 days is asking for a miracle with LRG. Wait six months and then start to worry.
I'd normally agree, but Meat Boy for the Vita is a special case. The games have been printed for literally years and the CE consisted of statuettes Fangamer sold years ago, a deli meat tray, a poster, and an outer box (despite Josh saying there was some fancy compound CE planned for it and SMB Forever). Normally you can point to some component in a CE as a culprit to holding production up - things like disc manufacturing, steelbooks, and plushies all have lead times. But there's nothing that should be holding up production in that - paper is notoriously easy/quick to manufacture, you can buy deli meat trays on Amazon, and like I mentioned the other components that require more complex manufacturing (the statuettes and Vita game) have been around for years.

Pretty sure you are waiting on stupid $45 lunch tray and figure to be manufactured that absolutely no one wanted…
Fangamer made the figs years ago and I'd be surprised if they were custom manufacturing something that's so cheap to buy in bulk or elsewhere.

I'd normally agree, but Meat Boy for the Vita is a special case. The games have been printed for literally years and the CE consisted of statuettes Fangamer sold years ago, a deli meat tray, a poster, and an outer box (despite Josh saying there was some fancy compound CE planned for it and SMB Forever). Normally you can point to some component in a CE as a culprit to holding production up - things like disc manufacturing, steelbooks, and plushies all have lead times. But there's nothing that should be holding up production in that - paper is notoriously easy/quick to manufacture, you can buy deli meat trays on Amazon, and like I mentioned the other components that require more complex manufacturing (the statuettes and Vita game) have been around for years.

Fangamer made the figs years ago and I'd be surprised if they were custom manufacturing something that's so cheap to buy in bulk or elsewhere.
Yup. In the same boat waiting for my Vita game. At this rate, the Vita battery will explode before we even get a chance to play the game

Estimated Ship Date changed to Q1 2022:Production Status changed to In Production:Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • TBD: 164 (67.8%)
  • Q1 2022: 35 (14.5%)
  • Q4 2021: 25 (10.3%)
  • In Production: 241 (94.1%)
  • At LRG Warehouse: 12 (4.7%)
  • Pre-production: 3 (1.2%)

Estimated Ship Date changed to Q1 2022:Estimated Ship Date changed to Q2 2022:Estimated Ship Date changed to Q3 2022:Production Status changed to At LRG Warehouse:Production Status changed to In Production:Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • Q1 2022: 104 (43.0%)
  • TBD: 53 (21.9%)
  • Q2 2022: 41 (16.9%)
  • Q4 2021: 25 (10.3%)
  • Q3 2022: 1 (0.4%)
  • In Production: 242 (94.5%)
  • At LRG Warehouse: 13 (5.1%)
  • Pre-production: 1 (0.4%)

Apparently "Zombies Ate my Neighbors & Ghoul Patrol" has been delayed to Q2 2022 (Standard version at least). 

Saw someone post about it on Reddit and just confirmed on my own order page.

Apparently "Zombies Ate my Neighbors & Ghoul Patrol" has been delayed to Q2 2022 (Standard version at least).
The standard and premium versions are listed for Q2 for both the SNES and Genesis. It’s in that massive list of updates above.

The standard and premium versions are listed for Q2 for both the SNES and Genesis. It’s in that massive list of updates above.
Sorry I should I have clarified, I meant the Switch version which I THINK was not originally in Q2, I may be wrong though.

But looking at the update you list you already had it covered. My mistake.

Anyone have an extra PS5 Limited Run #14: Quake Ultimate Edition they would be willing to part with for retail? Also anyone know if LRG makes exceptions and let’s you order games that are still in the production phase?

bread's done
Back