Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Yep... there were two games I wanted, River City Girls NS and Mummy Demastered PS4. I was just clicking around pages and around 7:57 EST, noticed River City Girls said 3 left... and I was like, WTF?? Clicked it and said "sold out". I checked time.gov too to make sure my cell phone and computer weren't crazy but nope, it went live at least 3 minutes early.

fucking LRG. Can't help but feel they have some games that go live early on purpose and give some people the heads up.

EDIT* Of course, also realized I wanted Turok NS too but it was sold out by the time I realized I'm missing that one.
almost impossible to get it if it shows 3 left, since by the time you go to check out it will be oos. this one immediately went from coming soon to sold out for me....

I said fuck it and placed orders for some NS blind boxes. I've never really gotten any horrible blind boxes from them. Any time I got something I didn't want, I was able to dump for my money back so might as well continue the trend.

The Asia version is region free and English friendly. Play Asia has both the Switch and PS4 versions. Here's the link to the Switch version:

https://www.play-asia.com/river-city-girls-multi-language/13/70cv1z
I had no idea this got a Asian release... why are LRG copies still so expensive on the aftermarket?:whistle2:k

Also, I hate to say it but I think there are way too many people who are confusing sale to mean "discounted". Sale just means they have something you can buy, not necessarily

almost impossible to get it if it shows 3 left, since by the time you go to check out it will be oos. this one immediately went from coming soon to sold out for me....
I was just pointing out how it showed up as '3 left' at least 2-3 minutes BEFORE it was supposed to live at 8 AM since it was one of the games I wanted to try for.

I grabbed Fight’N Rage because I missed it the 1st time around but I had to get the $39.99 version with the Keychain because the $29.99 version without the keychain already sold out. $10 extra for a fucking keychain?????

So do you guys think they will release Knights of the Old Republic as a standalone physical release or include it in a two pack like Jedi Knight Collection/ Star Wars Racer and Commando Combo? Don’t want to pay $43.83 for just KOTOR cause that just feels bad man
Do go along with what was already said Aspyr, the company making the KOTOR remake, has said that there will not be a mass stand alone release of the original KOTOR in the future.
This is most likely so that ppl don't get the remake confused with the original when they are on store shelves. However that DOES free up the high likelihood of a double pack

I said fuck it and placed orders for some NS blind boxes. I've never really gotten any horrible blind boxes from them. Any time I got something I didn't want, I was able to dump for my money back so might as well continue the trend.

I had no idea this got a Asian release... why are LRG copies still so expensive on the aftermarket? :whistle2:k

Also, I hate to say it but I think there are way too many people who are confusing sale to mean "discounted". Sale just means they have something you can buy, not necessarily
Because people will pay big money to have an LRG Logo on their game. I sold my Grandia HD Collection I got from LRG for like $100, and bought the Play Asia version for $50

Did anyone doom collection steelbook get there's busted? I looked at mine and I can slide the both sides of the steelbook and it moves so idk if my steelbook came defective or not.

I had to place a few orders but I managed to grab Furi, Tiny metal ultimate, 2x switch blind boxes, pixeljunk Eden 2, Mary skelter 2 and the outer wilds

Managed to get Golf Story and Night Trap on Switch, had River City Girls in my cart but it went OOS as I was finalizing my order. Those definitely went live a few minutes early (Just like last years blowout)

Went back for a second round and I impulse grabbed Friends of Ringo Ishikawa since I thought I remembered there being a bit of hype around that game when it was announced by LRG.  I do kind of regret grabbing that now, but not much I can do.  Worst case scenario I play it and then sell it and make some of my $$$ back.

I had no idea this got a Asian release... why are LRG copies still so expensive on the aftermarket? :whistle2:k
I'm guessing some folks are (overly) adverse to the idea of having an imported game in their collection.

I'm perfectly fine with it, and much prefer ordering a game I can get reasonably soon - especially if compared to LRG's extended wait times for producing/shipping their games. I don't mind LRG, but given the choice (and the sometimes significant price difference), the import version is the better option (when one is available).

This isn't only for LRG games. For example, PAL releases can sometimes be much cheaper than NTSC releases.

Life got in the way and I forgot about the sale this morning.  I'm not really disappointed as I was only going to try for a Switch copy of Bloodstained 1 & River City Girls which I had zero faith in actually getting anyhow. :lol:

Yep... there were two games I wanted, River City Girls NS and Mummy Demastered PS4. I was just clicking around pages and around 7:57 EST, noticed River City Girls said 3 left... and I was like, WTF?? Clicked it and said "sold out". I checked time.gov too to make sure my cell phone and computer weren't crazy but nope, it went live at least 3 minutes early.

fucking LRG. Can't help but feel they have some games that go live early on purpose and give some people the heads up.

EDIT* Of course, also realized I wanted Turok NS too but it was sold out by the time I realized I'm missing that one.
River City Girls Switch and the first Bloodstained Switch were both live with Add to Cart when I checked at 4 minutes before the hour, so I assume they had both been up for at least a minute before that. Really didn't need either but I took a shot ... River City sold out before I finished checkout and the other sold out while I was going through checkout the second time.

Really hate when they say "goes live at 10AM EST" and I get there 5 mintues early and things have already been up and sold out. Why not just say goes live at 9:50AM EST.

Of course if I start checking 20 or even 30 minutes early, nothing goes up early and actually goes live AFTER the time stated. Grr.

Went back for a second round and I impulse grabbed Friends of Ringo Ishikawa since I thought I remembered there being a bit of hype around that game when it was announced by LRG. I do kind of regret grabbing that now, but not much I can do. Worst case scenario I play it and then sell it and make some of my $$$ back.
I've wanted to give Friends of Ringo Ishikawa a try... just because I'm a Shenmue fan and this seemed like about as close as anyone has come to a 2D Shenmue like game. I know most would lean more to the River City / Kunio-Kun side for comparison sake... but this game seemed more about living the life of the character, wasting time, and making decisions. I'm just waiting on a cheap deal on the digital version. I'm curious to try that game out ... but not enough to throw more than a few bucks at it.

River City Girls Switch and the first Bloodstained Switch were both live with Add to Cart when I checked at 4 minutes before the hour, so I assume they had both been up for at least a minute before that. Really didn't need either but I took a shot ... River City sold out before I finished checkout and the other sold out while I was going through checkout the second time.

Really hate when they say "goes live at 10AM EST" and I get there 5 mintues early and things have already been up and sold out. Why not just say goes live at 9:50AM EST.

Of course if I start checking 20 or even 30 minutes early, nothing goes up early and actually goes live AFTER the time stated. Grr.
Has anyone called them out for this on Twitter or Discord or whatever they don't ignore people? I'm pretty sure this has been an issue before because I feel like I've seen people say something went "live early" with stuff in the past.

Has anyone called them out for this on Twitter or Discord or whatever they don't ignore people? I'm pretty sure this has been an issue before because I feel like I've seen people say something went "live early" with stuff in the past.
I mean, you and I both know this isn't knew, as people have found ways around their systems in the past already, so they're well aware of these issues for...literally, years now. They didn't care, and they don't care now, which is fine either way, but at least don't pretend you know nothing about it and ignore the issue.

I mean, you and I both know this isn't knew, as people have found ways around their systems in the past already, so they're well aware of these issues for...literally, years now. They didn't care, and they don't care now, which is fine either way, but at least don't pretend you know nothing about it and ignore the issue.
I honestly can't remember when the last time I ran into this but I do know there were plenty of times when something went sold out instantly, I guess now I get why if stuff just goes live early.

Pretty much lrg told me they can't replace my broken steelbook. So either I get 10% refund or send it all back for a full refund

That's exactly what they told/did for me when my 'Streets of Rage 4' steelbook came broken. So their policy on that hasn't changed...
They used to sell steelbooks in blind boxes in years past. So I assume they used to save extras for damages....makes no sense that they dont do that anymore.

I honestly can't remember when the last time I ran into this but I do know there were plenty of times when something went sold out instantly, I guess now I get why if stuff just goes live early.
They flip everything live manually so it's subject to human error. And if they're flipping 200 listings live manually there's realistically no way they're all going live at 9 on the dot. See Josh's tweet from last year (there's always a Josh tweet):

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/1345408434812940289

Shopify has an API that could've been used to do it much more quickly (probably within a few seconds) but I guess they didn't want to pay someone to write a Python script?

If that's the case, then they should err on the side of starting to flip things on a couple of minutes AFTER their advertised time, not before.  

If that's the case, then they should err on the side of starting to flip things on a couple of minutes AFTER their advertised time, not before.
Right, that's my thought. And if something will go live early, pick stuff that's not super low in stock...

They flip everything live manually so it's subject to human error. And if they're flipping 200 listings live manually there's realistically no way they're all going live at 9 on the dot. See Josh's tweet from last year (there's always a Josh tweet):

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/1345408434812940289

Shopify has an API that could've been used to do it much more quickly (probably within a few seconds) but I guess they didn't want to pay someone to write a Python script?
If you have a website you should have someone on staff that knows a bit of coding.

If you have a website you should have someone on staff that knows a bit of coding.
Their site is more-or-less Shopify with some plug-ins, they didn't code it. they do have coders (Mighty Rabbit Studio made SMRPG and Breach and Clear, after all), just no interest in using them for this apparently.

Like I've said before, this problem has existed since the very start, and it's something that people knew from the beginning, but they didn't even acknowledge until months later that it does happen. And then their resolution to that was, "We'll just cancel those early orders."

They did that for a few runs, and then after that it seemed clear that they didn't want to keep putting in the extra work to fix it, they just said, "Well, we'll let them have it this time, but if it happens again, we're going to cancel!"

And then from then on, they just didn't care anymore. They were pretty much established at this point, and have enough people coming back, and start to roll out the title in troves that they stopped caring. And eventually once they switched to the pre-order model, there was even less of a reason to care about fixing this issue, as it will only come up now when they sell limited stock items. And with limited stock items if they sell out before anyways, they can just claim, it's "limited stock", and continue to avoid any accountability or further explanation whatsoever.

Again, I have no issue with them doing this, but just be upfront about being lazy assholes, and not wanting to fix things you know were already broken because you don't care. It's fine, I get it. Probably respect them more if they just did that from the start, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heads up about the Castlevania Requiem bundle just announced. Apparently Sony helped fund the collection, so Konami has "absolutely no plans to bring the games to other platforms" (from a Gamespot interview in 2018). So a Switch release is most likely not going to happen (as long as the collection isn't on Eshop don't expect LRG to publish it)

This is also the port/remaster of the Dracula X Chronicles for the PSP. So while it will look great (and have trophy support), it will have SotN with the inferior voicework and script on it.

Heads up about the Castlevania Requiem bundle just announced. Apparently Sony helped fund the collection, so Konami has "absolutely no plans to bring the games to other platforms" (from a Gamespot interview in 2018). So a Switch release is most likely not going to happen (as long as the collection isn't on Eshop don't expect LRG to publish it)

This is also the port/remaster of the Dracula X Chronicles for the PSP. So while it will look great (and have trophy support), it will have SotN with the inferior voicework and script on it.
Wow, that's interesting... I mean I'm prob gonna buy it because I love SotN and would have bought it on the PS4 anyway even if it was multi but I had no idea Sony funded this collection.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1478803630769815552?t=QSXZNy2EiHvoENYu5PyyLA&s=19

Annoyingly Valis IV is not included, bit the Asian collection didn't have Valis IV in it either so methinks something might be up with that game (licensing maybe?).

Either way still actually kind of excited for this one.

This is probably a stupid/rhetorical question but is Nintendo the reason there's not a reprint of EarthBound/Mother 2 via LRG? Just occurred to me this would be a silly easy cashgrab, yet a welcome one.

I am glad that I came off LRG train longtime back. I still buy once in a blue moon, but it’s very sparse

Even then, I feel better buying from Walmart than LRG. And I hate Walmart!

It feels like giving money to a greedy corporation. Except that they have none of the bells & whistles that comes with such an entity

I thought I bought something more recently than I did. Apparently, the last thing I bought was May 2020 for Va11-Halla.

I did try for Super Meat Boy, but everyone knows how that went.

Edit: Never mind, it was Papers, Please I tried for, not Super Meat Boy.

This is probably a stupid/rhetorical question but is Nintendo the reason there's not a reprint of EarthBound/Mother 2 via LRG? Just occurred to me this would be a silly easy cashgrab, yet a welcome one.
Any beloved classic can be made in to a stupid easy cash grab with this business model I think, but yeah, I’m sure Nintendo is blocking that one and any others they have rights to from ever having anything to do with LRG. They would just do it themselves if they wanted. Modern day Konami certainly seems like a good match though. The suikoden games seem likely next if castlevania works out well. Square Enix has a lot of digital only releases that could do well with LRG if nothing else, but I don’t see Nintendo ever partnering with them, that would be wild.

Feels so weird that my primary reaction to both castlevania ultimate collections has been disgust. I get excited when I see the announcement, and initially want it based solely on the nostalgia factor, but the price, contents, emphasis put on its limited nature and marketing cycle just completely turn me off it. Know I’m being overly harsh, but just comes across to me as testing the limits on how far they can milk a long time fanbase than trying to provide them a product they want for a mutually acceptable price. Castlevania should have been able to support standard retail release…The outer box design looks nice, but more cardboard junk, mini posters, mini soundtrack selection cd, and little trinkets for $200, ridiculous. There is probably going to be a similar GBA collection box and eventual DS collection box set as well. I should be excited for that, but not for $800 at this rate, when the digital collections have been going on sale for $5 each.

A version of the game would need to exist for the platform (whether ported, remade, or remastered) before LRG or anyone else could physically print it. And if Nintendo took the time to do that, or pay someone else to do that, I can't imagine them going to LRG with it given how stingy they can be with their IP. It'd more likely end up on NSO if it was a straight port, but given Nintendo's recent forays into artificial scarcity I could also see a remake/remaster going the way of the Fire Emblem 30th CE or the "limited" Mario 3D All-Stars set.

Makes sense. I know the last time it was 'in print' was on Wii shop, one that I skipped because Wii. The company is truly worse than Disney when it comes to vaulting stuff and I wish they'd get over themselves. At this rate it will have to become public domain before we can get a reprint on modern hardware.

Legit question:  why is the poster $50?  I figured a rolled up piece of paper with some mass printed art on it would be at most $25.

I noticed it with the Axiom Verge 2 poster (which I actually would have bought at a cheaper price), but forgot to ask the question then.

Makes sense. I know the last time it was 'in print' was on Wii shop, one that I skipped because Wii. The company is truly worse than Disney when it comes to vaulting stuff and I wish they'd get over themselves. At this rate it will have to become public domain before we can get a reprint on modern hardware.
It was also released with the SNES Classic Mini a few years ago. Does anyone know if that port is the same as the Wii one or is it different emulation? (I’m admittedly not too knowledgeable on that stuff).

I love EarthBound and games like it (Moon, Undertale, Eastward, etc.), but people really go bonkers for it. Is it the nostalgia or rareness/value of the game?

bread's done
Back