Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Mine also arrived and I always wonder why they don't promote what's inside the package on the back of the box.

There is so much wasted space at the bottom and you could easily mention the retrospective book, steel book and poster included.
Probably in case one of the items doesn't end up happening for whatever reason.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1513563661780103169?s=20&t=56k_OcMm8PmCnJlOqAhSkw

They've already begun responding to the people waiting for a dualpack by saying "this physical edition will be exclusive to us", which I interpret to mean the dualpack will indeed be coming to retail.
I have no doubt there will be a dual pack (despite 'Unleashed II' not being announced yet) for regular retail like the other Star Wars games. I imagine the same is true of the 'Knights of the Old Republic' games, again despite the second not being announced yet.

If any collection gets standalone releases from LRG, it's practically a guarantee that the whole collection will get a release in one package/one cart either here, Europe or Asia. A good rule of thumb actually.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1513597455778164736?s=20&t=6jXn3q-awG1jEWGBbPDqdg[/size]
Are there any sales figures for LRG releases (done with pre order windows). Im curious how many limited editions they sell?
I can’t imagine many people would pay 200 dollars and wait a year plus for Force Unleashed re-release.

I ordered the Castlevania “super duper collectors edition” and now after waiting for a year I’ll never order a collectors edition from them again.

Are there any sales figures for LRG releases (done with pre order windows). Im curious how many limited editions they sell?
I can’t imagine many people would pay 200 dollars and wait a year plus for Force Unleashed re-release.

I ordered the Castlevania “super duper collectors edition” and now after waiting for a year I’ll never order a collectors edition from them again.
There's one here, maintained by a community member: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ko7iYqZDcr5Leq6I_1byupsVcyFjFZDYItTK5qhOwxk/edit#gid=203011349

I'm a huge fan of Star Wars and I haven't bought any of their collector's editions.

Most of the collector's editions they sell aren't worth it. I'm debating if I even want this version of the game for Switch since its a Wii port.

I've bought two collector's editions, the Flinthook/Mercenary Kings Switch release because it came with two games, two soundtracks and a steel book. One of their very early switch releases. The other I just received the NeoGeo Pocket Color Collection and that was mainly because of the book and it's a distro title.

Looking at the google document it amazes me how many of these they sell in general but it makes sense why they do it.

The numbers don't lie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where does he get those sales numbers from anymore? LRG used to give say how many they sold but I haven’t seen them say in a long time.

Where does he get those sales numbers from anymore? LRG used to give say how many they sold but I haven’t seen them say in a long time.
I have no clue, but the LRG Discord touts that as the source for previous releases and print numbers. So wherever the numbers come from, they seem to be LRG-endorsed.

The numbers used to be provided by Douglas. That's no longer the case and hasn't been for quite some time. I believe he just uses inspect/page source to get the numbers now. However, I've seen Douglas say that those numbers are not accurate.

I'll probably pick up Arcade Paradise, they hooked me with the "Clean The Toliet!!!" gameplay, but I'll go Amazon route for rather ordering directly.  The new site is horrid and I want nothing to do with it unless I have to.

LRG is still saying that we'll see their first Xbox releases announced this summer, so...LRG3, maybe?

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1513616280137338885?s=20&t=TXzbp4qJYNOCPEVBNikS6w

Bold of you all to assume they won't use this opportunity to release a Shantae game for the fourth time.
I'm just waiting for them to finally to put up the original Shantae for the PS4. The only one I need to complete the sereis.

Bold of you all to assume they won't use this opportunity to release a Shantae game for the fourth time.
I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case. Although it is just as likely to be any of WayForward's offerings. WayForward has been one of Limited Run's most prolific development partners. I have no doubt that they would be happy to re-sell any of their previously released games on the XBox in a physical format.

Saturday Morning RPG would also be a good guess. This game was developed by Limited Run's internal development team. It's one of the games they can release anywhere they want while being able to call all the shots themselves. Not a bad choice for an initial run on a platform they haven't tackled before.

Pretty sure their first XBox release will be Scott Pilgrim, though it would be cool if it was an XBox only title.

Pretty sure their first XBox release will be Scott Pilgrim, though it would be cool if it was an XBox only title.
I'm still a bit surprised LRG is bothering with Xbox physical releases. The gamers on that console are, compared to Switch/PlayStation owners, simply less interested in physical releases. As the home of Game Pass and the primary pusher of an all digital console, I foresee LRG having a much more difficult time hitting larger orders there. We'll see.

I'm still a bit surprised LRG is bothering with Xbox physical releases. The gamers on that console are, compared to Switch/PlayStation owners, simply less interested in physical releases. As the home of Game Pass and the primary pusher of an all digital console, I foresee LRG having a much more difficult time hitting larger orders there. We'll see.
that may be true but some of us still want physical games for Xbox exclusives like the recently released game Tunic. Or STILL digital only games like Cuphead

He's not wrong, though. Xbox is the least popular console for collecting, even less so than NES or Sega CD. Every Xbox console combined only has a few expensive games and the majority of games on Xbox consoles literally only cost a few dollars each. Most Xbox gamers are the type that play the newest COD, Madden, etc. and then throw away or trade in their old copies for pennies and move on to the next thing which is why digital and Game Pass seems to be the way to go for most people on that system. I'm not an Xbox hater, by the way. I personally like collecting for Xbox because it's so cheap for this reason. But the Xbox market in general is geared towards western people who look at gaming like a disposable hobby. The other consoles have people like this as well but they also have more hardcore gamers, niche gamers, collectors, etc. Pretty much every niche series that they tried to put on Xbox failed commercially why is why they gave up trying to get Japanese or niche exclusives.
How the hell do you think NES games aren't collectable?

I never said that. I was responding to another guy's post about NES games and said that Xbox games are less collectible than even NES games. Where did you read me saying that NES games aren't collectible? It's certainly not in the post you quoted...

Also, is it true that BBY is done with LRG? If so I'm pissed because they were supposed to be stocking the Castlevania games and I believe Panzer Dragoon on PS4.
Your post implies that NES and Sega CD games are on the low end of collecting as in Xbox is even lower than the "low" systems of NES and Sega CD. I do not think that is true of NES games at all.

Yeah has anything official been said about BBY not carrying LRG titles anymore?  Its been months since BBY put any new listings up, and none of the recent LRG descriptions have mentioned BBY carrying the titles.  If true, this sucks as I always preferred to order from them.

Yeah has anything official been said about BBY not carrying LRG titles anymore? Its been months since BBY put any new listings up, and none of the recent LRG descriptions have mentioned BBY carrying the titles. If true, this sucks as I always preferred to order from them.
Wasn't Amazon going to start carrying LRG titles? Maybe that has something to do with it?

Also, maybe this is BB just continuing to cull physical games? I've heard many BBs (including mine) started to simply pull games from shelves and now keep them elsewhere.

Your post implies that NES and Sega CD games are on the low end of collecting as in Xbox is even lower than the "low" systems of NES and Sega CD. I do not think that is true of NES games at all.
Its true tho. Game.com, Okama Gamesphere, and Ouya are the hot new collector's items. NES is like a distant #17

Honestly, pandemic retro boom overlooked NES. Gamecube, DS, 3DS, Switch, PS3, Vita, and PS1 are the ones that got a huge boost. Pretty much the generation that grew up gaming in 2000's are helping steer the market.

Wasn't Amazon going to start carrying LRG titles? Maybe that has something to do with it?

Also, maybe this is BB just continuing to cull physical games? I've heard many BBs (including mine) started to simply pull games from shelves and now keep them elsewhere.
Amazon seems to only have LRG distro titles so far.

Best Buy seems to be going through a change. They are killing their rewards program for the most part and going all in on their TotalTech. Selling video games does not appear to be focus.

Its true tho. Game.com, Okama Gamesphere, and Ouya are the hot new collector's items. NES is like a distant #17

Honestly, pandemic retro boom overlooked NES. Gamecube, DS, 3DS, Switch, PS3, Vita, and PS1 are the ones that got a huge boost. Pretty much the generation that grew up gaming in 2000's are helping steer the market.
As a reseller I'll tell you what boomed.

GameCube and PS3 games along with weird stuff like Wii systems. Vita stuff is hard for me to sell no one wants that trash. PS1 has tanked. DS and 3ds is only spiking due to the store closing same with the Wii u. The same bundle I had at $500 sold at $1200 after sitting for months it's hilarious.

Then my baby the switch. Switch is odd I have over a 1000 physical games and I can never tell what will be "rare".

It seems like NES didn't get a jolt from the pandemic but it did. The reason it doesn't look this way is because NES (and SNES as well) were on the downswing prior and the pandemic stabilized the prices. You can actually see this on Pricecharting. It fits in with the rest of your post because those systems you mentioned are now in peak nostalgia and NES is largely off peak and SNES is right at the cusp. GC far and away got the biggest bump. Take a look at this article my friend wrote, particularly the chart halfway down:

https://gamespec.substack.com/p/understanding-the-2020-gamecube-price?s=r

It's understandable. NES and SNES were much older, more established systems when it comes to the second-hand market. GameCube was a largely overlooked system that was in the right place to get a nostalgic upswing, and also had far less actual physical stock compared to systems like the NES and SNES. (On account of having never moved as many units when it was actually being sold) It's the GameCube's time to shine when it comes to second-hand sales. It also doesn't hurt that we are finally getting some decent third-party video adapter options for the GameCube, allowing it to look a bit better on modern flat-panel screens.

The PS1 and PS2 aren't going to have nearly as much of a bump, on account of them having an enormous amount of units. Also, the second-hand game market for those systems is extremely well established, and most of the super-expensive games for them are already quite expensive. They might see a slight bump when Sony's streaming system provides some of those older games with extra exposure.

The later console generations are going to be odd for second-hand collecting. The 360 and younger featured near-parity in overall unit capacity, as well as some of the longest console cycles in history. This means tons of actual stock, so practically non-existent scarcity, and very long generations during which people could start collecting. It was also peak time for second-hand stores like GameStop, so actual games were plentiful and cheap, with lots of shopping options during their actual lifespans. Games and systems from those generations are going to take way longer to rise in price on the second hand market. Savvy collectors simply went out and got the games they wanted when they were still on store shelves.

It's understandable. NES and SNES were much older, more established systems when it comes to the second-hand market. GameCube was a largely overlooked system that was in the right place to get a nostalgic upswing, and also had far less actual physical stock compared to systems like the NES and SNES. (On account of having never moved as many units when it was actually being sold) It's the GameCube's time to shine when it comes to second-hand sales. It also doesn't hurt that we are finally getting some decent third-party video adapter options for the GameCube, allowing it to look a bit better on modern flat-panel screens.

The PS1 and PS2 aren't going to have nearly as much of a bump, on account of them having an enormous amount of units. Also, the second-hand game market for those systems is extremely well established, and most of the super-expensive games for them are already quite expensive. They might see a slight bump when Sony's streaming system provides some of those older games with extra exposure.

The later console generations are going to be odd for second-hand collecting. The 360 and younger featured near-parity in overall unit capacity, as well as some of the longest console cycles in history. This means tons of actual stock, so practically non-existent scarcity, and very long generations during which people could start collecting. It was also peak time for second-hand stores like GameStop, so actual games were plentiful and cheap, with lots of shopping options during their actual lifespans. Games and systems from those generations are going to take way longer to rise in price on the second hand market. Savvy collectors simply went out and got the games they wanted when they were still on store shelves.
Man, I really regret not collecting more PS3 games pre-COVID. There was a point where I almost trimmed my collection and now I'm having to pay $15 for some common ass games like Dead Space.

All this speculative talk and I'm just wondering what's the best way to insure my collection. Most everything I read says that insurance companies don't seriously consider games to be collections worth value, like classic cars or older comics. I just hit 4k games officially yesterday and just thought "man, one fire and all this is gone".

bread's done
Back