Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1516464528023769097?s=20&t=GS1OqvznA4WR7su8YySdVw[/size]
I got my Shantae skateboard from an old order this week and was very disappointed by the quality. The outlines of the art were very pixelated/choppy. Imagine enlarging a small image in word and printing it out. Obviously I'm sure it looks fine far away but up close it's bad. Hard to imagine they didn't have a better quality image/printer.

I got my Shantae skateboard from an old order this week and was very disappointed by the quality. The outlines of the art were very pixelated/choppy. Imagine enlarging a small image in word and printing it out. Obviously I'm sure it looks fine far away but up close it's bad. Hard to imagine they didn't have a better quality image/printer.
I bought the Pirate’s Curse deck and had the same exact thought when I first saw it in person. I also have the River City Girls deck for comparison and it looks miles better than it. The pixelated outline doesn’t look it’s stylized and is instead probably as a result of using a low DPI image. It’s terrible that they thought this was acceptable.

Nice try, but I'm a longtime lurker. You do understand the majority of traffic this forum and others get are from readers, right? I didn't realize that I was dealing with name-calling and people with the maturity levels of children, but posts like this are a great example of why no intelligent adult would go here for any actual mature discourse... and why the activity here has gone down signification when you have remaining members like this who literally behave like 12 year olds.
that's cool.

16/f/cali here just looking to meet some new friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
My first experience with LRG's Amazon store hasn't been a great one.  I preordered Lumote through the store a month or more ago.  Release date comes and goes last week and my order remains unfulfilled with Amazon showing "Currently unavailable."  So did Amazon oversell the title or did LRG not give any product yet to Amazon?  Anyone get it from Amazon?

Me catching up on this thread

gft.gif

My first experience with LRG's Amazon store hasn't been a great one. I preordered Lumote through the store a month or more ago. Release date comes and goes last week and my order remains unfulfilled with Amazon showing "Currently unavailable." So did Amazon oversell the title or did LRG not give any product yet to Amazon? Anyone get it from Amazon?
Amazon is being Amazon. I had that happen with at least 2 regular releases that were niche titles. Took Amazon a month to actually get stock.

My first experience with LRG's Amazon store hasn't been a great one. I preordered Lumote through the store a month or more ago. Release date comes and goes last week and my order remains unfulfilled with Amazon showing "Currently unavailable." So did Amazon oversell the title or did LRG not give any product yet to Amazon? Anyone get it from Amazon?
Sounds like Amazon is in the same boat as the rest of us... waiting for LRG to ship them the game.

No, it's because no one wants nonstop toxicity and abuse. It's like telling someone in an abusive relationship to just put up with it. No, you leave.
They are running a business and if they can't take criticism, they shouldn't be the public face of it. The criticism is nonstop because they refuse to address the customer service issues that have existed for years, while boasting about the purchases they make with customer money. Using your poor analogy, the two of them "had it coming".

On the censorship of cover art... most games have completely different cover art from region to region.  Whatever ends up released for one region is the official cover art for the game in that region.  Sometimes this is a slight censoring of another version of the same piece but it doesn't make it any less legit cover art that can be appreciated for what it does.   To me a big part of modern game box art is the esrb and it's location.   Same for the spine text being in english.  Imports are cool, I own many... but imports have odd regional ratings on the box and on occasion foreign language down the spine.   It's not the end of the world but it's far from perfect and one bit of the art on the import will also be slightly censored due to the placement of their rating box.  Whatever, buy games, play them... display them as art... whatever.   The NA art for that one game is missing the metal slug stuff and a few characters moved to block some boobs... but they also add some content above the game logo which is censored on the eu version due to the logo placement.  So... either way content is cut from the original art.

Personal insults are not the same thing as criticism. Complaining about low quality games, delayed shipping, and bad communication is criticism. Personal attacks and insults are abuse. For example, a poster above took an opinion and resorted to immature personal insults and attacks.

This is an opinion that doesn't resort to personal attacks. I completely disagree with it, of course, but he is explaining his reasoning without acting like a child and calling names about it. Do you see the difference between this poster being reasonable and the other poster acting totally immature? This thread had a mix of both types of posters - those who gave real, legitimate complaints and those who just wanted to insult someone.
Douglas is that you?

Personal insults are not the same thing as criticism. Complaining about low quality games, delayed shipping, and bad communication is criticism. Personal attacks and insults are abuse. For example, a poster above took an opinion and resorted to immature personal insults and attacks.

This is an opinion that doesn't resort to personal attacks. I completely disagree with it, of course, but he is explaining his reasoning without acting like a child and calling names about it. Do you see the difference between this poster being reasonable and the other poster acting totally immature? This thread had a mix of both types of posters - those who gave real, legitimate complaints and those who just wanted to insult someone.
Can you please stop talking you're ruining my immersion of Vinny fapping to Chun-Li's 16-bit thighs.

Hey guys I recently bought a copy of JJ MacField for the ps4 on ebay. I gave it a once over before opening it and noticed a hole punched through the barcode on the jacket but not on the shrinkwrap. Did LRG do this or is the likely conclusion that the game was opened and re-shrinkwrapped by the seller?

Hey guys I recently bought a copy of JJ MacField for the ps4 on ebay. I gave it a once over before opening it and noticed a hole punched through the barcode on the jacket but not on the shrinkwrap. Did LRG do this or is the likely conclusion that the game was opened and re-shrinkwrapped by the seller?
That means it was a promotional copy typically given/sold to Sony employees, and wasn't actually purchased from Limited Run. I used to get them like that from Sony's retail loyalty program when I worked at GS, and Josh has said they've had an issue with a higher-up Sony employee flipping them.

Yeah, that's gonna be a pass on Dragon View. If I'm going to get a repro cart, it needs to be a title that I'm actually interested in. If I passed on A Boy and His Blob (and I did) Dragon View doesn't stand a chance.

I am in for Sam and Max. Already got the first one on Switch, need to complete the collection. (also, just a massive fan of Steve Purcell and his work)

Really considering preordering Unpacking for Switch with the vinyl soundtrack. Not sure I want to wait months for the release though. I have other things to play, and this game has been on my radar for ages. Decisions decisions…

If you want it physical you have to wait. I decided to get Gotta Protectors (the 3DS one was fun) and I wont buy it digitally to get it now. I also got Demon's Turf cause it was lauded as good, and I will wait too. Unpacking is on Gamepass and worth a try there. I thought the game (barely a game IMHO), was alright, but nothing I'd spend money on. It relaxes people so whatever. Just remember if you get the vinyl that likely adds a few more months. 

If you want it physical you have to wait. I decided to get Gotta Protectors (the 3DS one was fun) and I wont buy it digitally to get it now. I also got Demon's Turf cause it was lauded as good, and I will wait too. Unpacking is on Gamepass and worth a try there. I thought the game (barely a game IMHO), was alright, but nothing I'd spend money on. It relaxes people so whatever. Just remember if you get the vinyl that likely adds a few more months.
Yeah the vinyl is part of the reason I want it… still waiting on the Scott Pilgrim vinyl lol

Yeah the vinyl is part of the reason I want it… still waiting on the Scott Pilgrim vinyl lol
Since the soundtrack is sold separately, you could just order the soundtrack... and then go ahead and buy the game digital for $20 (or wait for another $15.99 sale). The Vinyl production is well behind game production. It could easily be 2023 before that order would ship. But by going digital you can play the game now (possibly a year earlier) and maybe still have interest in that soundtrack when it finally ships. If you are only casually interested in the soundtrack, playing the game now would give you more feedback to if the soundtrack is even worth picking up.

Just food for thought. It's a 101mb install... so not a huge download at all.

Since the soundtrack is sold separately, you could just order the soundtrack... and then go ahead and buy the game digital for $20 (or wait for another $15.99 sale). The Vinyl production is well behind game production. It could easily be 2023 before that order would ship. But by going digital you can play the game now (possibly a year earlier) and maybe still have interest in that soundtrack when it finally ships. If you are only casually interested in the soundtrack, playing the game now would give you more feedback to if the soundtrack is even worth picking up.

Just food for thought. It's a 101mb install... so not a huge download at all.
Smart idea. I feel I don’t need EVERYTHING physical. Might just grab the vinyl and enjoy a digital copy.

Wow, got an email to update shipping address for Super Meat Boy Vita CE by tomorrow... So maybe we'll get those soon.
Got it too... and the item page even updated to At LRG Warehouse.

So we should definitely get a shipping confirmation within 3 to 4 months from now!!

I really can't imagine the grand opening of their store going well with the most recent round of guidance: https://limitedrungames.com/blogs/news/grand-opening-attendee-information

Having people shop online while in-line kinda defeats the purpose of having a physical store, no? Limiting people's time in the store, making some games "hot items", etc... Makes the store feel more like a display case than an actual store.
I still think it’s Josh’s ‘Man Cave’ more than anything.

I really can't imagine the grand opening of their store going well with the most recent round of guidance: https://limitedrungames.com/blogs/news/grand-opening-attendee-information

Having people shop online while in-line kinda defeats the purpose of having a physical store, no? Limiting people's time in the store, making some games "hot items", etc... Makes the store feel more like a display case than an actual store.
So.. this is just the live version of the trying to buy something from LRG back in the day, when you'd be waiting in queue when Shopify was overloaded?

Ok.

LRG store ran as well as LRG the business, confirmed.

I drove down to the grand opening of Limited Run Retail in Cary, NC. Saw this treasure…

were the ceo's present? would be kinda awkward to go there with them present considering how much we shit on them lmao.

anyways, LRG is kinda having a drought of games i want personally. Ever since Valis there hasn't been anything. I missed the bloodrayne games so i have to wait for the ebay scalpers but unfortunately the LRG production times haven't gotten any faster.

were the ceo's present? would be kinda awkward to go there with them present considering how much we shit on them lmao.

anyways, LRG is kinda having a drought of games i want personally. Ever since Valis there hasn't been anything. I missed the bloodrayne games so i have to wait for the ebay scalpers but unfortunately the LRG production times haven't gotten any faster.
I misread this completely lol.

If that price on Last Specter is an indication, looks like theyre 20% lower than ebay on their retro stuff. So that's nice at least. Did they have any " fuck you we have this you don't" type rare games there?

bread's done
Back