Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
If that price on Last Specter is an indication, looks like theyre 20% lower than ebay on their retro stuff. So that's nice at least. Did they have any " fuck you we have this you don't" type rare games there?
They actually had quite a bit of their back catalog. Plenty of special editions, too. But I pretty much got everything I wanted except Shantae and the Pirates curse (it sold out early on)

I was there. The pricing on the used stuff, save for their own catalog, was right in line with eBay, including last specter. It was pretty crazy and they were there, but the biggest issue I had was that they sold copies of their games marked as new on the vita that were hole punched in the upc, ie, their own promotional copies, that had them covered up with a price sticker, that was insanely hard to get off, and didn't disclose that they were not the full retail release copies. More than half the vita games I bought that were just marked as new, had hole punched upcs underneath the price tags, it was a real gut punch to find out long after I got home

I was there. The pricing on the used stuff, save for their own catalog, was right in line with eBay, including last specter. It was pretty crazy and they were there, but the biggest issue I had was that they sold copies of their games marked as new on the vita that were hole punched in the upc, ie, their own promotional copies, that had them covered up with a price sticker, that was insanely hard to get off, and didn't disclose that they were not the full retail release copies. More than half the vita games I bought that were just marked as new, had hole punched upcs underneath the price tags, it was a real gut punch to find out long after I got home
Summary LRG are trash! Vita is love, Vita is life and I don't like that! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait…..doesn’t Josh freak out when he sees LRG hole punched games on eBay. Pretty sure he’s mentioned trying to identify the Sony employees who are selling them. Meanwhile LRG is going to sell their own hole punched copies 🙄

Wait…..doesn’t Josh freak out when he sees LRG hole punched games on eBay. Pretty sure he’s mentioned trying to identify the Sony employees who are selling them. Meanwhile LRG is going to see their own hole punched copies
I remember a few years back when either him or the other LRG guy that used to stick around said Sony requires those promo copies to be produced to be sent out as marketing copies but that, for some of their games, Sony just sent them directly to LRG. I don't think that's too hard to believe because the same thing happened with PSP games back in the day.

I doubt Sony cares about PSV games anymore so prob why they're just selling them.

I'm pretty sure that's a big no-no from Sony, and LRG should definitely know better. Mom and Pop shops can plead ignorance and get away with it, but they're also not the ones having the games produced. I'd reach out to support and see what they say - you should be able to get a refund, even if you're no longer in the area.

More than half the vita games I bought that were just marked as new, had hole punched upcs underneath the price tags, it was a real gut punch to find out long after I got home
Wow, what a scam. I'd consider that bait and switch. Selling as new but then turns out they are promo copies. Contact support and see if they'll refund the purchase if you feel ripped off. If not... then report them to the BBB, Sony, etc for selling promo items as new retail items.

Wow, what a scam. I'd consider that bait and switch. Selling as new but then turns out they are promo copies. Contact support and see if they'll refund the purchase if you feel ripped off. If not... then report them to the BBB, Sony, etc for selling promo items as new retail items.
Agree. Super shady to cover up the hole punches with stickers. I have a couple hole-punched games (because I didn't care) but at least I knew what I was getting when I bought them

Good to see BBY is still carrying LRG titles, though really wish Castlevania Anniversary Collection would be listed next.

I wonder if Best Buy's Doom release will be the corrected version....

Someone had posted previously the theory that Castlevania hasn't shown up at BB yet because LRG still hasn't shipped the big CEs and won't release to BB until they've shipped all versions out to customers.  That sounds reasonable to me, although it also sounds like something very un-like LRG to consider.   I know I've seen stuff show up at BB before I received it once (and it wasn't something being held up by other pre-orders).  Maybe that was a one-off (it was the Turoks) and they received some complaints....

Someone had posted previously the theory that Castlevania hasn't shown up at BB yet because LRG still hasn't shipped the big CEs and won't release to BB until they've shipped all versions out to customers. That sounds reasonable to me, although it also sounds like something very un-like LRG to consider. I know I've seen stuff show up at BB before I received it once (and it wasn't something being held up by other pre-orders). Maybe that was a one-off (it was the Turoks) and they received some complaints....
I dont think so best buy had Scott Pilgrim vs. The World for sale way before the big box CE was sent out

Someone had posted previously the theory that Castlevania hasn't shown up at BB yet because LRG still hasn't shipped the big CEs and won't release to BB until they've shipped all versions out to customers. That sounds reasonable to me, although it also sounds like something very un-like LRG to consider. I know I've seen stuff show up at BB before I received it once (and it wasn't something being held up by other pre-orders). Maybe that was a one-off (it was the Turoks) and they received some complaints....
They said on their Discord that Doom is unfortunately the uncorrected version. Apparently you can open a ticket if you buy the Best Buy version to request the corrected disc assuming you're willing to send your disc in.

They said on their Discord that Doom is unfortunately the uncorrected version. Apparently you can open a ticket if you buy the Best Buy version to request the corrected disc assuming you're willing to send your disc in.
Besides the uncorrected always on, is there a big advantage to this collection over the BFG on the 360/PS3? I looked all over and couldn't find a direct comparison, but it seems like the first two Doom's have additional levels on this newer release?

One of the many things that annoys me about all that is they act like Yar's Return is an unreleased proto from back in the day when it's actually a homebrew from 2005. At one point, they were even giving Howard Scott Warshaw (the original Yars Revenge author) credit and he was like "I had nothing to do with this." I don't have a problem with homebrews at all, but Atari does this with a lot of homebrews on their various collections. Maybe I'm just being pedantic about it, but it just seems odd that they can't say it's a homebrew from the last 20 years.

All three of those games are in Atari Flashback Classics on the switch.  I'd imagine they are in the other versions as well.

OF course this is to target the hardcore vcs/2600 game collectors that likely already bought the individual carts and will buy these releases (begrudgingly, I'd imagine).   I'm just glad my passion for games has died off to the point that I'd never bother attempting to collect a full set of physical games for any system ever again.

cuz it looks like that Nintendo Power magazine I had that one time.

$40 for a hit of nostalgia. Ahh that feels good
nostalgia-is-a-hell-of-a-drug.jpg

.....& yes the irony of that meme with that statement isn't lost on me lol

Well the meat tray finally arrived, looks like the styrofoam finish is already peeling away around the corners.   Guess I shouldn't be surprised.  

Not mine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHsRCNaKYiA&t=12s
Thank you I've been looking for these online but couldn't find anything.

So glad I was able to get the standard version.

Only game I missed for vita that I wanted was Papers, Please. I have it digital so not a big deal.

bread's done
Back