Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I moved about 2 years and I misplaced all my reward tickets that they use to give us with purchases. I just found them and wondering if LRG still honors them. I have about 150 of them and they’re all tied to my account.
Pretty sure they won't. I also have some lying around.

I moved about 2 years and I misplaced all my reward tickets that they use to give us with purchases. I just found them and wondering if LRG still honors them. I have about 150 of them and they’re all tied to my account.
No they dont because I just tried that a few months ago and they said NO

Threw all of them into the garbage afterwards

The worst part is that LRG is selling out ALL of the customers who ever bought games from them by making those trading card promos worthless and overprinted.  I feel deeply cheated, sitting on well over 200 LRG games.  I hate LRG.

The lesson is that LRG stuff isn't really collectible, because they can always reprint it.  Pretty soon we'll be seeing blind 10-packs of Switch games previously released.

Last edited by a moderator:
The worst part is that LRG is selling out ALL of the customers who ever bought games from them by making those trading card promos worthless and overprinted. I feel deeply cheated, sitting on well over 200 LRG games. I hate LRG.

The lesson is that LRG stuff isn't really collectible, because they can always reprint it. Pretty soon we'll be seeing blind 10-packs of Switch games previously released.
introverts.jpg

I started with LRG on Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal and quickly noped out when it was clear they were going to spray gaming diarrhea everywhere. I went back to them for any game I wanted to play that could put a physical copy in my hands instead of digital license. If you don't have this as your reason for buying their games, you're going to be unhappy.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1526593904992309250?s=20&t=BtGCFeyW_fAnBfL_5YnEfQ
Ugh. Dammit. Why can't these be regular retail releases?! The first double-pack did. Hell that one had a retail 3DS release.

I also got the wrong version of Martha is Dead.  I ordered the ps4 version and got the ps5 version.  I just got the replacement in and it was the ps5 version again  :wall:

Ugh. Dammit. Why can't these be regular retail releases?! The first double-pack did. Hell that one had a retail 3DS release.
Never say never--there might be a "Deluxe"/"Complete"/"Plus"/"Whatever" Edition announced late this year for Switch & PS4 that gets a normal everyday retail release at $40.

Yea, unless you've bought one of the big ticket early hype releases (see Celeste, Pirate's Curse), there is no long term value in any of this garbage.  It's like Beanie Babies, the OGs were worth a lot, but the reprints and later stuff was just speculative plastic waste.

Spending $40 for a game that is $1 in a Fanatical bundle is not wise.  If you really like the game and want it physically forever (Bug Fables is rad), then know what you're getting.

I look at people swapping and selling their excess copies in Facebook groups and its always the "that game has been $3 on the eShop/Steam" titles. 

And they're all sealed.

All you Martha is Dead amazon ordering people can get together here to swap for the correct Playstation version since amazon will surely just send you the wrong version again.

Also, which ones of you bought those ~$350 box of trading cards from LRG? (Can't find the exact price anymore.)

fuck! What were they waiting to release better offerings after so many swore them off?

Someone on Twitter posted a good question: if this is the final build or not since 'Swordsman" is constantly updated. PSVR Without Parole mentions in their video that true motion capture and adaptive AI are coming next month, so hopefully the dev responds.

I checked my order status page on the LRG website. I have TEN unfulfilled orders going back to May 28th of last year. This is ridiculous !
I’ve significantly cut down on orders as a result. Any game released elsewhere ie play Asia I’ll order from them, and absolutely no more collectors editions.

I checked my order status page on the LRG website. I have TEN unfulfilled orders going back to May 28th of last year. This is ridiculous !
I’ve significantly cut down on orders as a result. Any game released elsewhere ie play Asia I’ll order from them, and absolutely no more collectors editions.
I have 22. By the time I get shipping notifications, it's always a surprise since I will have long forgotten what I've ordered for most stuff.

I have 22. By the time I get shipping notifications, it's always a surprise since I will have long forgotten what I've ordered for most stuff.
This is honestly the worst thing, LRG could just close up shop and I'd honestly have no idea how many unfulfilled orders I have with them.

Just got my Axiom Verge 2 order.  With that done I think I'm down to only two unfullfilled orders, which is a first since my like 4th order from them.

What the heck is this route protection thing they automatically add to the cart?
It allows companies who don't really want to provide customer service, like Right Stuf and LRG, to pass the buck to another company if your package gets lost or damaged. Oh, and you get to pay for it too.

What the heck is this route protection thing they automatically add to the cart?
https://limitedrungames.com/pages/faq

"What is Route?"

"Route is premium package protection and live tracking for your order. If your item is lost, stolen, or damaged you can get a replacement or refund in no time."

"Is Route really worth it?"

"We think so! Route will always be an optional add on to your order. Since Route has an automated claim app, your claim can be approved in a fraction of the time it would take for LRG to process, all without even having to talk to a human. Why is this? Route has dedicated staff just for this purpose. No more support tickets and you'll always be covered with Route. Also, if you're anything like us you obsessively check your tracking when an order is shipped. With Route you can view a real time map of where your package is and (optionally) subscribe to SMS updates for your order."

Keep in mind Route is not as picky as collectors when it comes to damage. They will not insure a dented corner on a box. I've seen a few cases with items purchased through other retailers where the cover of a book is completely bent, but Route denied coverage.

That reminds me when I used to order more at Rightstuf and one of my orders the box came in and a lot of it looked like an accordion. I had to get in an epic arm wrestling match with them to either send me replacements or a refund. Eventually they gave me some of a refund, but it took way more than needed. This was years ago though.

Kickstarter is to blame. It opened the door for full prepayment of items with zero culpability and recourse for the consumer. Limited companies just followed that model. We were idiots for accepting it.

It allows companies who don't really want to provide customer service, like Right Stuf and LRG, to pass the buck to another company if your package gets lost or damaged. Oh, and you get to pay for it too.
And the other option is to not pay it and LRG is still on the hook. It made no sense to me. I haven't seen where LRG is going to stop accepting returns for damaged items. If the selling point is "quicker", if anyone cared about speed they wouldn't be buying from LRG in the first place.

The best part about LRG now is that they help me discover new games on Steam.

$34.99 + shipping + 9 months or whatever is a wholllle lot different from $24.99 + shipping that it used to be. It used to be what I'd call a ten-dollar tax to get a physical disc. They announce games I want but I don't even buy from them anymore. "Cool," then +add it to the wishlist on Steam.

Like Unsighted there. No one has some strong emotional attachment to that game. It's brand new. We buy stuff just like that on clearance at BB or Amazon.

Goddamit I forget to order Battletoads Double Dragon. I guess I'm gonna have to see if ebay prices for it aren't too bad.
It's okay. You didn't buy it because you didn't want (to pay that much for) it.

Me neither.

Unsighted is alright. I kind of don't want to play LRG prices when the game is on Gamepass. I grew tired of the environmental puzzles (especially during boss fights...weird controls on PC), but it was passable. An easy 6.5/10 or so, which a little bit better than average for me. It's hard to get attracted to newer games, when we haven't played them and they want $15+MSRP+Shipping for them plus the damn protection rate thing. It's ridiculous, but for some games it's worth it. I took a chance on Demon Turf because it was on some GOTY lists I saw. I wouldn't do that for most of these though unless I have prior experience to the series like Gotta Protectors (liked the 3DS one so Switch one was a no brainer). I don't buy many gams from them anymore though. 

https://limitedrungames.com/pages/faq

"What is Route?"

"Route is premium package protection and live tracking for your order. If your item is lost, stolen, or damaged you can get a replacement or refund in no time."

"Is Route really worth it?"

"We think so! Route will always be an optional add on to your order. Since Route has an automated claim app, your claim can be approved in a fraction of the time it would take for LRG to process, all without even having to talk to a human. Why is this? Route has dedicated staff just for this purpose. No more support tickets and you'll always be covered with Route. Also, if you're anything like us you obsessively check your tracking when an order is shipped. With Route you can view a real time map of where your package is and (optionally) subscribe to SMS updates for your order."
It's fine that LRG offers something like Route, but it's ridiculous that it's added automatically to cart. I've even seen it re-added to cart after I removed it. I almost didn't catch it as I knew I had just removed it!

bread's done
Back