Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/SeafoamGaming/status/1529152213939064832

Yikes. More corner-cutting on Monkey Island. Considering how much effort they put into that CE and how highly-regarded the IP is, you think they'd try harder to make good on this.

Wow, the choice of a brick wall or Shredder's head covered by logos? Reversible covers should be totally different if you ask me.

Wow, the choice of a brick wall or Shredder's head covered by logos? Reversible covers should be totally different if you ask me.
I think it's a throwback to the Turtles Arcade NES box art but yeah it's not much different.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1529145326598246412?s=20&t=CsAHot1y51UgH-FJH9Gjwg
Wow, LRG is really abandoning their whole "All DLC Included on Disc" mantra they used to have for most of their previous releases. With three DLC packs of five songs at $12 each, none of which included, I have no choice but to pass on this one simply out of principal.

Signature Edition Games got their own TMNT exclusive:

https://twitter.com/SigEditionGames/status/1529180177619529728

I like the reversible cover on TMNT. Very nostalgic. That said, I wouldn't ever buy something from LRG that is going to be at retail.

It's fine that LRG offers something like Route, but it's ridiculous that it's added automatically to cart. I've even seen it re-added to cart after I removed it. I almost didn't catch it as I knew I had just removed it!
Yeah they are scumbags for how they implemented route.

@Shipping protection markup costs... what, paying for overpriced cardboard and knock-off Amibos on a styrofoam plate needs additional up charges for insurance?

@Miku VR, rumor is we're getting Miku MegaMix for PC tomorrw, May 26, 2022, so that would be rad.  Sad US never got a physical release; that being released, with all DLC, on one cart, would be a real win.  I'd pay a premium for that, even.  But the VR only game and only the minimal content?  Only simps (LRG or Miku) would fork that over... (and I own a lot of the releases, so I'm throwing cinder blocks in my glass house).

@Burning DVD-Rs... lol.  And I like how the one comment on Twitter says most folks don't know because they never open their games. :bouncy:

It's fine that LRG offers something like Route, but it's ridiculous that it's added automatically to cart. I've even seen it re-added to cart after I removed it. I almost didn't catch it as I knew I had just removed it!
thats like GameStop store employee added the warranty on my games without telling me. then tells me... "oh how that got in there?" BS

I like the reversible cover on TMNT. Very nostalgic. That said, I wouldn't ever buy something from LRG that is going to be at retail.

Yeah they are scumbags for how they implemented route.
If LRG offers the CE, I will 100% be buying it from them. Right now, I have it pre-ordered through Amazon who will end up shipping it in a plastic bag and I'll have a 1:1000 chance of it not arriving damaged.

Holy fuck.  My Bloodrayne order just shipped so now I only have 1 open order with LRG.  I've been cutting back but I was going to maybe place a order for Contra.  Now I just want to hold off just so I can have a moment where I have zero orders waiting to be fullfiled lol.

Holy fuck. My Bloodrayne order just shipped so now I only have 1 open order with LRG. I've been cutting back but I was going to maybe place a order for Contra. Now I just want to hold off just so I can have a moment where I have zero orders waiting to be fullfiled lol.
im still waiting on my Castlevania Ridiculously Pricey Paper Edition. they said they will ship it out in April. its almost June.

If LRG offers the CE, I will 100% be buying it from them. Right now, I have it pre-ordered through Amazon who will end up shipping it in a plastic bag and I'll have a 1:1000 chance of it not arriving damaged.
I wasn't aware Amazon had a pre-order page for Shredder's Revenge yet. Can't seem to find it, only the one for the Cowabunga Collection.

Yeah I have to love, love a game to want a CE/LE. If it's like $10 more I may just get that edition, but in LRG's part they can be a lot more expensive. I generally value a few things in LEs (full soundtracks, full art books, and plushies), but those are so rare I rarely get them. Frankly they just take up more room, and a lot of the times the things in the LEs/CEs are just not worth it.

Well, LRG got a sale from me regarding Mercenaries Blaze.  I collect SRPGs, so having that one, since I have the other two releases, is a no brainer.

I think its weird they have to call out its not part of the numbered releases, though. 

Like, who is worried about "Missing out on this release will not compromise a complete Limited Run set."

I can't believe they are doing open preorder on American Hero. A canceled Jag CD game. If they sell over 500, I'd be shocked.

Well, LRG got a sale from me regarding Mercenaries Blaze. I collect SRPGs, so having that one, since I have the other two releases, is a no brainer.

I think its weird they have to call out its not part of the numbered releases, though.

Like, who is worried about "Missing out on this release will not compromise a complete Limited Run set."
Trust me. You really don't wanna know those people.

I can't believe they are doing open preorder on American Hero. A canceled Jag CD game. If they sell over 500, I'd be shocked.
I'm getting a copy, I like FMV games. Sure it looks bad, but a fun bad. At least to me. Half the fun in FMV games is the cheesy bad acting.

Anyone else just sick and tired of LRG at this point? Their collector’s editions are straight garbage and horribly overpriced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm getting a copy, I like FMV games. Sure it looks bad, but a fun bad. At least to me. Half the fun in FMV games is the cheesy bad acting.
I like cheesy FMV games too, but not "$45 and six-month wait" like them. I'll just pick them up for $10 on a PSN sale and make a night of them with friends.

And the CE is laughable; $30 premium for a keychain, a folded poster, and a pen?

I like cheesy FMV games too, but not "$45 and six-month wait" like them. I'll just pick them up for $10 on a PSN sale and make a night of them with friends.

And the CE is laughable; $30 premium for a keychain, a folded poster, and a pen?
In all fairness most of their CE's are laughable now. Horribly overpriced with a bunch of cheap filler. I would be really interested in the sales numbers on some of their garbage CE's. Maybe 50 actual people that buy the CE and another 50 for Doug, Josh and the LRG staff to have for free?

Just ordered as well. I also just ordered Wings and Saga on eBay. I have never played this series and just spent $150 on 3 physical copies. I don’t know why I did what I just did.

Well, LRG got a sale from me regarding Mercenaries Blaze. I collect SRPGs, so having that one, since I have the other two releases, is a no brainer.

Just ordered as well. I also just ordered Wings and Saga on eBay. I have never played this series and just spent $150 on 3 physical copies. I don’t know why I did what I just did.

I just wish instead of these FMV games I have no interest in just announce Knights of the Old Republic 2 on Switch so I can pair it with Contra Collection. I know they are going to release it physical. They done all the Asypr games so far.

In all fairness most of their CE's are laughable now. Horribly overpriced with a bunch of cheap filler. I would be really interested in the sales numbers on some of their garbage CE's. Maybe 50 actual people that buy the CE and another 50 for Doug, Josh and the LRG staff to have for free?
Right? And none of the included goodies have high MOQ either. Pens and posters are cents in pretty much any quantity, and the keychain is acrylic. My guess is around 250 across all platforms.

There is a spreadsheet in their Discord with the print quantities, but others have questioned whether it's accurate: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ko7iYqZDcr5Leq6I_1byupsVcyFjFZDYItTK5qhOwxk/edit#gid=203011349

If it is accurate, there's some surprising stuff from the recent releases. Outside of a few big hits like Star Wars, Shantae, and RCG0 it looks like they don't sell that much above MOQ for most of their releases.

Laughable now? When were they not? I know there is the occasional CE that I'd consider to be better than others, but most of the time the box is the biggest selling point. Otherwise, it's enamel pins that commemorate something, folded posters that use the two pieces of key art the licensor allowed, maybe little acrylic standees, and coins. The only "regular" CE item that I don't consider junk is the soundtracks and maybe steelbooks.

The contents are often like a low end "prize" at Chuck E Cheese.

I would put stuff like Scott Pilgrim/Castlevania/Street Fighter in a different category, but those are sure priced accordingly. When "junk" is $70-$80, the higher quality items are sure going to be way more.

Is there really a must have CE? Ignoring future value, DLC and things you subjectively like, what release, if any, would you qualify as an edition you absolutely would tell anyone to get over the regular version?

I can only think of nice to haves over must haves. Ni No Kuni 1's spellbook is the only one I can think of but lol this isn't from personal experience because I haven't opened mine. No idea if the book really makes for a better experience.

bread's done
Back