Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I concur. The hardest part about being a CAG is getting cheeto dust all over your dick.
Years ago I picked up a Bobba Fett helmet from Target clearance. Someone asked WTF I was going to do with it. I made a joke about sitting on the couch playing video games wearing nothing but underwear and that helmet with Cheetos wedged in my bellybutton like a shrimp cocktail, every once in a while grabbing one and putting it under the helmet.

There were some on here that did not take the joke well.

Ok I am 100% done with LRG. The nail in the coffin for me was buying a bunch of copies of the heavily printed "Catlevania Anniversary Collection", only to wake up today (months after I received my copies) to notice that Best Buy is taking PREORDERS for this game.
This is the risk you take being a reseller. If you are going to cash in... you should have these listed with a competitive BIN price before BB floods the market with their order (which was likely LARGE). Otherwise be prepared to either expect to break even or have to hold onto them for several years and maybe the price will spike (though I think that several years may be an ambitious expectation... expect longer).

I guess its obvious there would be 2 print since BB has an alternate cover.  Just weird how these things just pop up as preorders months after the fact.  Anyway I do recall this is normal with LRG-BB so I guess I shouldn't  be too upset at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess its obvious there would be 2 print since BB has an alternate cover. Just weird how these things just pop up as preorders months after the fact. Anyway I do recall this is normal with LRG-BB so I guess I shouldn't be too upset at this point.
They used to tell us on the product page when BB was likely gonna order. I don't see that anymore.

I guess its obvious there would be 2 print since BB has an alternate cover. Just weird how these things just pop up as preorders months after the fact. Anyway I do recall this is normal with LRG-BB so I guess I shouldn't be too upset at this point.
Why would you be upset? I'm always for more retailers handling distribution of LRG (or any other limited publishers') titles. The more the merrier; it means more people can buy it at reasonable prices and not have to deal with delivery delays/slow/bad service often attributed to mid/smaller labels trying to do this themselves.

And if more of this tanks flippers and resellers -- THAT is even better!

Why would you be upset? I'm always for more retailers handling distribution of LRG (or any other limited publishers') titles. The more the merrier; it means more people can buy it at reasonable prices and not have to deal with delivery delays/slow/bad service often attributed to mid/smaller labels trying to do this themselves.

Agreed- no crazy shipping frees and the ability to return the item if it's damaged or you realized you're a dumbass for buying it. Also Bestbuy doesn't ask you for a loan payment up front when you try to pre-order something.

I'm not going to pretend that I buy LRG games like an addict, when in most cases there are much better games out there I could be buying, ONLY because I am a fan of LRG and want to see more people in the world enjoy their games. I do actually care about the value of my collection. Literally, the name of the company is "Limited Run Games". Who is really here because they just like to buy and play LRG games specifically?

I'm not going to pretend that I buy LRG games like an addict, when in most cases there are much better games out there I could be buying, ONLY because I am a fan of LRG and want to see more people in the world enjoy their games. I do actually care about the value of my collection. Literally, the name of the company is "Limited Run Games". Who is really here because they just like to buy and play LRG games specifically?
But why care about your collection value? Mines valued at 132k but who cares unless your goal is to sell it some point? My main personal collection is to play. If something is sealed it's because I just haven't gotten to it.

I'm here for that. I buy from LRG what I actually want to play. And it's funny I'm a reseller but I almost never buy a LRG to flip it just doesn't make much sense. A title has to have name value.

The end goal for "limited" run games is to be printing a million copies per game and if you notice they are getting alot of big name games and ips.

Who is really here because they just like to buy and play LRG games specifically?
I noped out of buying LRG games early on when the only limited part was clearly going to be the amounts printed, not the amount of games released (I stopped at Oddworld PS4). Since then, it's only been games my wife and I wanted to play. We're game collectors so the concept of having a physical copy instead of digital is what's appealing for games we're going to buy one way or another.

We don't like LRG specifically but we like physical games. Everything that this thread is is why we don't like giving them money but they somehow end up with games we want.

What "reprints" are people going on about?  Is it this idea that somehow "Castlevania" being at Best Buy (like many other LRG releases) is somehow evidence of a "reprint"?  The "Best Buy" disclaimer was on the product listing during the LRG pre-order period.  It's never been a secret and it's been mentioned in this thread before as some have been waiting a while for Best Buy to put it up for order.  Suddenly, it's somehow nefarious that LRG sells their games through Best Buy after many years of doing so.  The only thing odd about the "Castlevania" Best Buy release is how long it took to happen.  While they sure didn't wait for the Scott Pilgrim CEs to ship before selling the standards at Best Buy, it seems like that really might be what they were waiting on in the case of "Castlevania" since we should be close to the CEs shipping.

It's not a second print, it's the same carts packed with a different art. For Switch games all the packing is done by the publisher (or in this case a 3rd party packing that LRG uses instead of handling it inhouse) so it takes no extra effort to print a separate cover other than submitting it with the original art for ESRB certification. BB typically is under contract not to ship their versions until LRG has shipped all of theirs. That way the LRG customer gets their order before the BB customer. In this case the collectors edition was holding things up. Why BB agrees to these terms is I believe because they are paying significantly less per copy so there's enough profit margin to make it worth selling.

You realize all of the games LRG publishes are not "their games" right? Even the few that were done by Mighty Rabbit Studios... that's a completely different company. LRG themselves is just a publisher of other developers games... they don't develop anything themselves.

I only buy games LRG publishes if I really want to own the game physically to play it... which these days is a rarity. For most of the cheap indie stuff... I'd rather just buy it cheap digitally and treat it like a long term rental. For games in franchises I follow closely or specific developers that have a strong history of making games I love, I'll buy them physical but the vast majority of them get regular retail releases.

My new Mercenaries game is shipping.  About 1 month turnaround between order and shipment.

That's great for me and likely a record for LRG...

My new Mercenaries game is shipping. About 1 month turnaround between order and shipment.

That's great for me and likely a record for LRG...
It's a distribution title... not that it doesn't make this still a huge positive as they have been slower with games they published and said they had on hand before.

Nicely this also is still available for order... though I'm not going to get into the series it might be handy for someone that didn't get their order in and doesn't want to shop around:

https://limitedrungames.com/products/mercenaries-blaze-dawn-of-the-twin-dragons-switch

But why care about your collection value? Mines valued at 132k but who cares unless your goal is to sell it some point? My main personal collection is to play. If something is sealed it's because I just haven't gotten to it.

I'm here for that. I buy from LRG what I actually want to play. And it's funny I'm a reseller but I almost never buy a LRG to flip it just doesn't make much sense. A title has to have name value.

The end goal for "limited" run games is to be printing a million copies per game and if you notice they are getting alot of big name games and ips.
Wow what kind of retard has over $100k worth of games and doesn't care? Wish I was born rich...

It's not a second print, it's the same carts packed with a different art. For Switch games all the packing is done by the publisher (or in this case a 3rd party packing that LRG uses instead of handling it inhouse) so it takes no extra effort to print a separate cover other than submitting it with the original art for ESRB certification. BB typically is under contract not to ship their versions until LRG has shipped all of theirs. That way the LRG customer gets their order before the BB customer. In this case the collectors edition was holding things up. Why BB agrees to these terms is I believe because they are paying significantly less per copy so there's enough profit margin to make it worth selling.

You realize all of the games LRG publishes are not "their games" right? Even the few that were done by Mighty Rabbit Studios... that's a completely different company. LRG themselves is just a publisher of other developers games... they don't develop anything themselves.

I only buy games LRG publishes if I really want to own the game physically to play it... which these days is a rarity. For most of the cheap indie stuff... I'd rather just buy it cheap digitally and treat it like a long term rental. For games in franchises I follow closely or specific developers that have a strong history of making games I love, I'll buy them physical but the vast majority of them get regular retail releases.
You got a lot of words there to tell my why I shouldn't be upset at LRG. Do you have a source for the claim "For Switch games all the packing is done by the publisher"? I have never ever heard of such a thing. What I notice is that all the Y-fold cello looks exactly the same on every single Switch game I have ever seen. Also, I have never seen fingerprints, hairs, or anything like that under the cover that you would expect to see if the games were wrapped by a hundred different game companies. You're telling me that every single game publisher has a machine in-house that wraps the game and Y-folds them? And presumably, they are all using the exact same machine because the result looks exactly the same in every case? Do you have any source for that, because it sounds absolutely incredible to me and I find myself doubtful. Like really doubtful.

You got a lot of words there to tell my why I shouldn't be upset at LRG. Do you have a source for the claim "For Switch games all the packing is done by the publisher"? I have never ever heard of such a thing. What I notice is that all the Y-fold cello looks exactly the same on every single Switch game I have ever seen. Also, I have never seen fingerprints, hairs, or anything like that under the cover that you would expect to see if the games were wrapped by a hundred different game companies. You're telling me that every single game publisher has a machine in-house that wraps the game and Y-folds them? And presumably, they are all using the exact same machine because the result looks exactly the same in every case? Do you have any source for that, because it sounds absolutely incredible to me and I find myself doubtful. Like really doubtful.
First I’m not suggesting you not be mad at LRG. I pretty adamantly dislike them myself for a myriad of reasons.

Second as for Nintendo (not sony who does their own packing) this is how it’s been the whole time and is not new for switch publishing. I have confirmed this with LRG that they use a third party to handle packing. It’s how they had Golf Story carts on hand but why it took them so long to ship as they hadn’t even been sent to the packing company There are actually some pretty big companies that all they do is pack games for publishers which is why most look the same. I don’t know (or care really) which one lrg uses. You don’t have to take my word for it, research this yourself. I’ve posted about this before and gave links. If you think about the shipping cost this is smart on Nintendo. They only ship boxes of cartridges which take up a lot less space than fully packaged games and save a bundle on international shipping. There was a DS game that a guy self published and he documented the whole process. He ended up packing each game himself. There are pictures out there of some DS games (Hanna Montana I think) that are cart only because they didn’t sell well enough to make it worth having them packed for retail. It’s pretty interesting stuff how some products come to market. But go research it yourself and you’ll find I am telling it how it is.

LRG games are neither limited nor are they investments, people.  In fact, supporting their timed releases allows them to achieve perfect 'market clearing rate' quantities, plus maximize their profits.  Supply meets its demand perfectly at the tip of its head. 

All demand has been answered.  Future editions can also be printed. 

Wow what kind of retard has over $100k worth of games and doesn't care? Wish I was born rich...
I don't know Daniel_Shadow's situation, but for me, even if my collection value is absurd, it took me 24 years to aggregate all the things in my collection to get to that point and I'm definitely not rich. If someone started in 2021 and is at that point, then yes, but I feel like most CAG members are not that case.

I don't know Daniel_Shadow's situation, but for me, even if my collection value is absurd, it took me 24 years to aggregate all the things in my collection to get to that point and I'm definitely not rich. If someone started in 2021 and is at that point, then yes, but I feel like most CAG members are not that case.
It's over 10-15 years in my case. Items just so happened to rise in price. I won't lie and say I don't buy alot of stupid stuff for switch but it's my favorite system to have.

With my Steam Deck now in hand, I will only buy physical Switch versions of games where there is no real performance disparity between the two and its a title I want to collect.  Too much $1.99 fluff getting put on Switch carts for $34.99 still for me, IMO.

the leftover poop slingers are
LRG are the worst investments for games. That new VN novel CE that everyone is buying up is actually doing double retail. That's a pretty high resell rate. You'd make more money buying games off PlayAsia and selling them on eBay to people that aren't wiser.

I have a hard time believing any regulars here are still duped by LRG.

With my Steam Deck now in hand, I will only buy physical Switch versions of games where there is no real performance disparity between the two and its a title I want to collect. Too much $1.99 fluff getting put on Switch carts for $34.99 still for me, IMO.
Yeah yeah all new Deck owners say that. There's a reason why you bought physical before and you'll most likely go back. I've had a Deck since the first shipment and while it's an amazing product it hasn't made me buy any less physical switch games.

Nothing beats opening a new game, playing it, and putting the box on a shelf.

Yeah yeah all new Deck owners say that. There's a reason why you bought physical before and you'll most likely go back. I've had a Deck since the first shipment and while it's an amazing product it hasn't made me buy any less physical switch games.

Nothing beats opening a new game, playing it, and putting the box on a shelf.
I sold off half of my Switch collection already. I'm pretty happy with reducing my collection; I manage it by space. Makes picking and choosing what to keep more valuable.

LRG games are neither limited nor are they investments, people. In fact, supporting their timed releases allows them to achieve perfect 'market clearing rate' quantities, plus maximize their profits. Supply meets its demand perfectly at the tip of its head.

All demand has been answered. Future editions can also be printed.
Well, if we want to get really technical, the Vita games can't/won't be lol

What "reprints" are people going on about? Is it this idea that somehow "Castlevania" being at Best Buy (like many other LRG releases) is somehow evidence of a "reprint"? The "Best Buy" disclaimer was on the product listing during the LRG pre-order period. It's never been a secret and it's been mentioned in this thread before as some have been waiting a while for Best Buy to put it up for order. Suddenly, it's somehow nefarious that LRG sells their games through Best Buy after many years of doing so. The only thing odd about the "Castlevania" Best Buy release is how long it took to happen. While they sure didn't wait for the Scott Pilgrim CEs to ship before selling the standards at Best Buy, it seems like that really might be what they were waiting on in the case of "Castlevania" since we should be close to the CEs shipping.
The only numbered reprint I'm aware of is Super Meat Boy on the Switch, and we were talking about that a few pages back (start here). Like Josef said though, that was a weird scenario.

If there are more reprints I wouldn't be surprised (I trust LRG to stick to their word about as much as I trust a politican). But as far as I know, the BestBuy pre-orders are supposed to go through production at the same time as the LRG copies.

Please don't buy Glover. It's like the final piece of the puzzle that these idiots have been looking for to open the seventh seal.

I sold off half of my Switch collection already. I'm pretty happy with reducing my collection; I manage it by space. Makes picking and choosing what to keep more valuable.
Kudos my friend!
I love my deck but I find myself not gravitating towards it for anything but deep discounts.

Just a heads-up, Glover's Steam port sucks.
Doesn't it use the same source code as the original? Is it the port that sucks or just the game? Because I already know the game sucks. I'm still getting it. But is there something especially bad about the steam version that's exclusive to it?

Doesn't it use the same source code as the original? Is it the port that sucks or just the game? Because I already know the game sucks. I'm still getting it. But is there something especially bad about the steam version that's exclusive to it?
It's specifically the port. Access to the source code or not, they bungled it.

Am I too poor or frugal to understand? Linking even more overpriced Atari games just makes it worse.

My as well link the Atari VCS...
The vcs would be a better purchase than any of these overpriced repros.

I think srocky linked that because they are the source for the repros with LRG acting only as a distributor. Similar to other games that are part of the distribution line sold on lrg's website.

Senran Kagura sold out in like two days? I thought "no purchase limit" usually meant they just took as many orders as possible for a certain period of time and then manufacturing would just make as many as needed? Has this changed? Surprised to see an item with no limit sell out so fast.

Senran Kagura sold out in like two days? I thought "no purchase limit" usually meant they just took as many orders as possible for a certain period of time and then manufacturing would just make as many as needed? Has this changed? Surprised to see an item with no limit sell out so fast.
It was only a few minutes and it wasn't a pre-order. They had a set amount "no purchase limit while supplies last" they just didn't last.

bread's done
Back