Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I'm going to go out on a limb here and do the unthinkable...

They have a choice in telling people about the BB possible order.  Don't tell anyone and face the backlash when a title pops up at BB, tell them but warn them that the deal isn't final and deal with folks saying they are self-serving by warning folks, or tell them but don't warn them (and face the wrath if a deal falls through).   These deals seem to complete closer to shipping time so there's a chance (however small) that BB will back out.  Now given the choice I'd rather get a note about BB and the warning.  It covers their asses in the rare event BB backs out, but it informs me that I can wait for retail and just ignore LRG.

As for this deal with BB and certain games long past preorder that haven't had their deal close with BB, it's completely unprofessional of them to say anything about this to the public.  That said, it's good IMO to get a heads up about this in advance so that I know there's a chance the order could be cancelled (I'm not at all affected by this current situation, but I'd want to know on a game I was planning to get).

So, sure they want to drive traffic to their site and get people to buy from them... but I actually don't think it's nefarious or whatever to let folks know what's up on some of these deals.  Sure it's unprofessional but I'd rather be informed.

I don't know if they're trying to drive more people to buy directly from them rather than their retailers, but it does feel like they're throwing Best Buy under the bus.

Regardless, I think moreover it's just another instance of LRG doing something shady and/or communicating poorly, and people are tired of it in general.

Gonna place one order from LRG and had a question.  They added this new Route tracking junk.  Is it really necessary?  If I opt out, is my package still covered in case something happens?

Gonna place one order from LRG and had a question. They added this new Route tracking junk. Is it really necessary? If I opt out, is my package still covered in case something happens?
Yes, remove it. Your order will be fine. If it's not, your CC company will be nicer to deal with anyway.

I think you're forgetting the fact that LRG makes more money selling the game directly to you. Sure, it's great that LRG uses distribution partners that pick up select titles for sale, but those deals definitely mean LRG shares the revenues (just like any other publisher).
We don't really know what LRG makes off of these games or how much the cost per unit may be lowered due to Best Buy's bulk orders. The bottom line is Best Buy didn't put a gun to LRG's head and make them sell them games. LRG did it because it benefits them. This idea that LRG wants to undermine the Best Buy sales after getting into a relationship with Best Buy is a conspiracy theory that just doesn't make any sense. All LRG had to do is not offer games to Best Buy and the outcome you think they are looking for is the only outcome that can exist.

Oh, and there's the whole thing where LRG can't be driving sales to their site since they aren't offering these titles Best Buy threw up on their site for sale any longer. LRG says Best Buy hasn't committed to buying Contra Anniversary Collection? Ok, then I'm going to rush on over to LRG's site and just buy it from them inst.....oh, wait.

As far as the Best Buy "warning" on the product pages go, of course they are looking to drive up direct orders during the pre-order window. The Best Buy orders likely aren't changing based on the number of direct pre-orders through LRG, so they are just selling even more copies. But, this "theory" that LRG is trying to undermine Best Buy sales after the pre-order period closes doesn't make any sense. LRG very much wants Best Buy to commit to their order. If people don't buy the games at Best Buy (and that's really the part that makes no sense to me - I find it hard to believe they do), Best Buy stops ordering. LRG obviously doesn't want that or they would have never started this up in the first place.

Also keep in mind THIS is why LRG often has different covers as opposed to the retail version. They're trying to entice you to buy it off their site.
So, the "different cover" plan only works one way? How does that entice people to buy the LRG version? There is nothing "extra" in the LRG release. It's just "different". Whether or not someone thinks the LRG cover is better than the Best Buy cover is totally subjective. There have been numerous occasions where I personally prefer the Best Buy cover art over the LRG cover art. Sure, eventually you might be able to just buy the Best Buy cover directly from LRG, but I wouldn't say LRG having different cover art is an automatic "plus" for buying it direct.

That in-stock distro title I ordered finally has a tracking number - so, it took 7 weeks to ship.  Probably won't try that again, not that I guess I was in much of a hurry.

That in-stock distro title I ordered finally has a tracking number - so, it took 7 weeks to ship. Probably won't try that again, not that I guess I was in much of a hurry.
I had a damaged game that I received back in June that I reported immediately and the replacement just shipped today (7 weeks later) with an anticipated delivery date of eight days from now. They are definitely having some shipping issues.

Anyone wanna sell me a copy of Dusk with the trading card?  Super bummed I missed out on the pre order due to some family stuff I had going on.  Willing to pay a little more than retail to sweeten the deal.  Toss me a Pm.

You can preorder Dusk from Best Buy They added it to the site recently.
Yea I saw. Sadly that copy doesn't come with that keychain sadly. One of the main reasons I wanted it lol.

EDIT: Just watched an unboxing of the game and didn't see a keychain in it either. Hmmm, might just be easier to buy it from Best Buy then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea I saw. Sadly that copy doesn't come with that keychain sadly. One of the main reasons I wanted it lol.

EDIT: Just watched an unboxing of the game and didn't see a keychain in it either. Hmmm, might just be easier to buy it from Best Buy then.
I think you had to pay extra to get a copy of the game with the keychain.

I think you had to pay extra to get a copy of the game with the keychain.
Yea that was what I gathered after doing a little digging. So many copies on eBay for double and triple the price, but none with a keychain lol. Trying to figure out why/how people will pay that much for it.

LIMITED, in all caps! gotta do FOMO for... EXE Create developed RPGs that are made in 4-6 weeks. Joy.

In other, more "wow, shocker" news, someone who ordered a replacement BMZ3 tank from LRG support ended up getting one in even worse shape. Can't link since this site won't let me, but you'll probably find it if you search.

Add this to yet another game with a falsely advertised manual not getting one (DUSK), and... Yeah, nothing changed in LRG world.

You had to buy a specific edition for the keychain. I know because I had it in cart and declined due to their shipping times.

People opening their LRG purchases? There's your first problem.

I wonder how many defects they're absolved from because many keep their copies sealed...

I wonder how many defects they're absolved from because many keep their copies sealed...
That's actually a very concerning problem, enough to keep me from buying LRG stuff that ends up on ebay. My first LRG purchase was Streets of Rage 4 Limited Edition a couple of years ago and that thing didn't even have the damn game inside it.

https://twitter.com/WhimsicalPhil/status/1555976688663531520
Eyyyyy, Josh rushed to his aid after the tweet blew up and made them look bad. Took them long enough.

If the shiren PC CE was never opened by anyone you know they would have never disclosed it was a code

Anyhow, I made another article covering the past 8 months of LRG Quality Control, and even then, I cut a lot out since I got real rambly and just very tired. TLDR: they don't seem to really wanna improve, their Reddit AMA was a joke and I am legit concerned about the warehouse staff and their situation.

https://seafoamgaming.com/2022/08/10/limited-runs-quality-control-continues-to-rapidly-crash/

Also Josh blamed the Dusk game not getting an advertised manual on a rogue employee recycling templates. The same excuse given last year when Paper Beast didn't come with one, despite that going for order in Jan of 2021. Some mystical employee to be making the same error/having their template recycled for 10 months after firing, huh!

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/1557472322495385600

(I debunked this excuse with the last time they did this for One Step to Eden, a game that shipped 4 months ago and thus, they could have informed customers of dusk about back then)

https://twitter.com/SeafoamGaming/status/1557546649089708032

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh - I saw someone complain that the new facilitiy is doing that thing where they don't center the cover art and thanks to the switch case design, the case ends up cutting the cover sometimes.  Josh says they actually got the old facility to stop doing that (amazing).... as he says that I am thinking there just might be a reason why the new facility is able to operate so much quicker.  Given the cost of LRG CEs, I'm guessing the phrase "you get what you pay for" could be a tad foreign, but.....  

I haven't seen/found replies concerning "Dusk" - has LRG offered to accept returns?  I wouldn't return it myself, but they sure should be accepting them.

Ugh - I saw someone complain that the new facilitiy is doing that thing where they don't center the cover art and thanks to the switch case design, the case ends up cutting the cover sometimes. Josh says they actually got the old facility to stop doing that (amazing).... as he says that I am thinking there just might be a reason why the new facility is able to operate so much quicker. Given the cost of LRG CEs, I'm guessing the phrase "you get what you pay for" could be a tad foreign, but.....

I haven't seen/found replies concerning "Dusk" - has LRG offered to accept returns? I wouldn't return it myself, but they sure should be accepting them.
Pretty soon, LRG will just be shipping us a cover sheet, loose cartridge, and empty case and tell us to assemble it ourselves.

bread's done
Back