Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I've now been waiting five weeks since I received an email that Dawn of the Monsters is arriving (9/10/22), make sure your shipping address is up to date by 9/13 and we will be shipping it soon. I ordered this with Young Souls which has been in hand for a while now. This right here is a perfect example of why people get frustrated with LRG. Five weeks of waiting and still not shipped. I probably won't get these games for another two-three weeks. I know I will get my games but I was excited when I got the email because I really want to play Dawn of the Monsters. That excitement is not there anymore.

I bought a steam deck recently, never been a PC gamer, its awesome and haven't touched my Switch for weeks so I pretty much not going to be buying much from LRG anymore.  I'm sure there may be a few games I may have interest in but I've been getting so many great games at incredible prices on Steam that I just not into buying the games physically anymore from Limited Print companies.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've now been waiting five weeks since I received an email that Dawn of the Monsters is arriving (9/10/22), make sure your shipping address is up to date by 9/13 and we will be shipping it soon. I ordered this with Young Souls which has been in hand for a while now. This right here is a perfect example of why people get frustrated with LRG. Five weeks of waiting and still not shipped. I probably won't get these games for another two-three weeks. I know I will get my games but I was excited when I got the email because I really want to play Dawn of the Monsters. That excitement is not there anymore.

I bought a steam deck recently, never been a PC gamer, its awesome and haven't touched my Switch for weeks so I pretty much not going to be buying much from LRG anymore. I'm sure there may be a few games I may have interest in but I've been getting so many great games at incredible prices on Steam that I just not into buying the games physically anymore from Limited Print companies.
I got 2 emails about Dawn of the Monsters for switch 1 from 9/10 telling me the same thing as yours and 1 from 10/4 telling me make sure your shipping address is up to date by 10/6

So expect shipping 11/06... and then it to actually ship on 12/06... and arrive on 1/06/23
^^ This.

I too am in the same boat as everyone else here. Got emails to get ready for shipping. Its been over a month now(maybe will ship Nov or Dec, but who knows).

I gonna set realistic expectation here and say to HOPE to get my games Jan 2023 fuck

I tried the ANNO demo on PC.  The art is amazing, but I hear the gameplay past the demo goes down in quality.

Definitely in the "if it was in a bundle, I'd be more willing to get the bundle," style game versus wanting a physical cart of it.

wow what did they completely rip off the MC apartment, and building, from Cyberpunk? 

ss_9259a27dce2c1300f565edf5484690044aa47160.1920x1080.jpg

Jesus even the tech trees look the same (presentation).

ss_9afd83a2bb4888f6aaa368c4a760aa78eff944f1.1920x1080.jpg

I got 2 emails about Dawn of the Monsters for switch 1 from 9/10 telling me the same thing as yours and 1 from 10/4 telling me make sure your shipping address is up to date by 10/6
At least you guys got shipping updates. Radio silence on Phantom Breaker Omnia and that order (I think) was around the same time as Dawn of the Monsters ...

zzz get notification about Shadowman about to ship but no word about my mushihimesama still.... Irony of it is having seen wild copies of mushihimesama from LRG in the wild while i'm still in waiting room...humm

Edit: Also ordered the books under the impression that they were "on hand and ready to ship." so much for that expectation xD

The Limited Run "Retail Round Up" email I received earlier has a typo in it.

It says "In hand + Ready to Ship" (that part is fine)...

But it accidentally says "Need It ASAP?" instead of "Need it in 3 to 4 months?"

unnamed.gif

Yeah, that "Need it ASAP" bit was pretty unbelievable.  "In Hand + Ready to Ship"?  They can't be serious, unless they have actually made some changes.  I can't imagine.  

Although, the LRG translation is still technically correct.  For them "as soon as possible" really would be after it gets placed at the end of some current shipping queue.  "In Hand + Ready to Ship"?  I guess that's true, too!  It is "ready to ship".  It's just not GOING to ship for a while.

Sometimes when I'm bored, I'll e-mail support for Limited Run and especially Special Reserve just generally complaining, shooting the shit, and asking for updates or if they'd consider shipping my ready items separately as a show of good faith. I always try to keep the thread going by replying to their reply with additional questions. My record is 7 back-and-forths. I'm never directly rude, just "concerned." It's a little game I like to play while I wait for my actual games. You guys should try it too. It's pretty cathartic.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1583163244088553472?s=20&t=Eo-No07TPsEhiXTKoVE1CA[/size]
Soooooo this pretty much proves the distro line is just a means to pump out more games in a month: why would LRG be doing PS4/PS5 but distributing switch? There’s barely a difference! Seems they probably are just distroing the game on switch since it likely wouldn’t hit MOQ in the timeframe. :|

Granted this is probably one of the capital definitions of shovelware I’ve seem LRG publish yet, but still: what a mess.
The Rumble Fish 2 is now up for preorder on amazon.
June 2023 for a ESRB cover and not even a physical for part 1. While JP gets the same set in Dec. Good lord why even bother?!?

Sometimes when I'm bored, I'll e-mail support for Limited Run and especially Special Reserve just generally complaining, shooting the shit, and asking for updates or if they'd consider shipping my ready items separately as a show of good faith. I always try to keep the thread going by replying to their reply with additional questions. My record is 7 back-and-forths. I'm never directly rude, just "concerned." It's a little game I like to play while I wait for my actual games. You guys should try it too. It's pretty cathartic.
this is effing hilarious.

Soooooo this pretty much proves the distro line is just a means to pump out more games in a month: why would LRG be doing PS4/PS5 but distributing switch? There’s barely a difference! Seems they probably are just distroing the game on switch since it likely wouldn’t hit MOQ in the timeframe. :|

Granted this is probably one of the capital definitions of shovelware I’ve seem LRG publish yet, but still: what a mess.June 2023 for a ESRB cover and not even a physical for part 1. While JP gets the same set in Dec. Good lord why even bother?!?
You have to pity people with no business experience at all who criticize the most successful limited print gaming company of all time. "Why bother releasing copies of games that will make a company money and make game collectors happy?" I also love the Karens in here that complain about LRG getting worse despite the company expanding more every single year, making more profit and becoming more popular. Other than jealously, I can't think of why anyone would do this. You would think a community of gamers would appreciate a company bringing them games that otherwise would have never been published physically, but no. It absolutely infuriates me to no end knowing that this thread, along with the other online whiners, are some of the first results on Google when you search for LRG. If anyone came here from Google and is concerned that LRG is a bad company, don't be. I've been ordering from them for years and have gotten all my products and the customer service is great, as proven by the Karen a few posts above that admits to harassing the customer service at limited print companies yet still gets great customer service in return. If you did that to any other company they probably would have blocked your e-mail address by now or banned you entirely from ordering from them, and then you'd really have something to complain about.

You have to pity people
Who own companies and make fake usernames to defend their company's poor practices, instead of actually addressing them.

I do hope anyone who randomly finds this thread through Google (come on Doug, you should know regular forum SEO is shit these days) realizes quickly that this is just Limited Run Games ownership hiding behind an internet handle.

Stop being willfully ignorant of the shortcomings of your own company.

Literally no one here is jealous. That's a lame cop-out to deflect from the actual problems.

Actual problems?! Why the nerve of anyone to suggest something to ruffle your delicate sensibilities...

The actual problems, which are the cause of customer dissatisfaction, have been quite well covered despite being completely ignored by Limited Run.

- Running every release as a kickstarter to get free loan money? It's a fine business practice, if only it was more transparent to customers, many of which are baffled over the long waits. The fact that it now feels like (not saying it is, just that it feels like) a pyramid scheme instills no confidence.

- Wait times over 1 year for most orders to ship? Great, that's fine, but not when it originally product listings indicated a much smaller number of months when the order was placed. Even the current estimates grossly under represent the length of  time.

- 1+ month wait times for in stock items to ship? Even ordering from a tv infomercial in the 90s was faster. I can't think of a single other company that has such abysmally long shipping times. Sure, people are accustomed to fast shipping from major retailers, but a customer has to wonder what type of terrible logistics and infrastructure Limited Run has going on behind the scenes to create this issue. As Slow As Possible, indeed.

- Silently changing the product a customer has ordered? Sure it doesn't happen often, but for example, great job creating a physical forever copy of that one game that replaced the physical version with a code because enough people didn't order.

- Premium shipping cost for bare bones packaging and slow shipping? I get it, prices are going up on everything, but when someone orders a $150+ large collectors edition, maybe have more than an inch between the box and the actual item. UPS/FedEx/USPS all suggest adequate packaging to protect merchandise. Even single games should make it to customers safely even if the customer hasn't purchased a box. Personally I've only had around 50-ish orders but the number of minor dings and dents I've received has been abnormally high. I've only contacted support a couple of times for the worst ones, and sure they took care of it eventually, but it was a bit of annoying and lengthy process. Seems like the goal is to minimize shipping costs and deal with the complainers instead of just adequately packing everything. This isn't just a Limited Run issue though, lots of company's are the same, although Limited Run does charge more from what I have seen.

- Non responsive customer service or not adequately addressing customer concerns? Sigh. I get it, customer service costs money. The people doing the job are doing the best they can, but a customer is going to be upset waiting a week or more for a response to an inquiry. Customer service not having answers for customer concerns is an ongoing issue, hence the person managing to go back and forth 7 times with a representative. If customer service was able to adequately address concerns, many of which seem to be in the vein of "where are my order(s)?!" it wouldn't even be possible to have so many back and forth encounters. Legitimate customer issues relating to product damage are, thankfully, always addressed from what I have seen, but the journey to a resolution could definitely be smoother (look at all the people on twitter posting about contacting support and never hearing back).

- Hostility from owners/management towards customers? Honestly this is what personally bothers me the most. Instead of trying to be customer oriented it sure seems like customers are looked down upon. Anyone who questions things or brings up something "unpleasant" is made out to be a "crazy person" or "jealous." I guess the fact that customers keep the company in business is meaningless, as long as there are enough people still buying that it doesn't matter if you burn and alienate a percentage. There is a tipping point that you really don't want to go over though.

Sure there are other complaints such as "too many crap games" or "junky overpriced collector's sets" but these aren't really problems to me. No one is forced to order anything they don't want. I just wish I could order and get what I do want without making it such an agonizing process. It's sad that Limited Run takes longer to release a game than it does to make a brand new person. Heck, 9 months to get a game would be an improvement.

I'm glad threads like this or on reddit come up in searches so potential new customers have an idea of what they might be dealing with. We are all fans of physical games, otherwise we wouldn't be here. And that's what makes me sad about Limited Run - the way the company has devolved and especially how it treats customers as disposable.

Limited Run may be the most successful limited print game company, but maybe the bottom line isn't the thing to be proud of.

Can these problems be fixed? I don't know. They can be, but probably not in ways that would allow the company to continue on its current path. It would be nice if customers at least had the option to cancel an order (wait, you can't cancel kickstarter orders).

I'm sure I will be marked as a "crazy" customer but I took the time to make some comments on the off chance it does some good. I am, after all, a collector of physical games and a long time customer of Limited Run (just not so much anymore).

You have to pity people with no business experience at all who criticize the most successful limited print gaming company of all time. "Why bother releasing copies of games that will make a company money and make game collectors happy?" I also love the Karens in here that complain about LRG getting worse despite the company expanding more every single year, making more profit and becoming more popular.
Who is this really lol

You have to pity people with no business experience at all who criticize the most successful limited print gaming company of all time. "Why bother releasing copies of games that will make a company money and make game collectors happy?" I also love the Karens in here that complain about LRG getting worse despite the company expanding more every single year, making more profit and becoming more popular. Other than jealously, I can't think of why anyone would do this. You would think a community of gamers would appreciate a company bringing them games that otherwise would have never been published physically, but no. It absolutely infuriates me to no end knowing that this thread, along with the other online whiners, are some of the first results on Google when you search for LRG. If anyone came here from Google and is concerned that LRG is a bad company, don't be. I've been ordering from them for years and have gotten all my products and the customer service is great, as proven by the Karen a few posts above that admits to harassing the customer service at limited print companies yet still gets great customer service in return. If you did that to any other company they probably would have blocked your e-mail address by now or banned you entirely from ordering from them, and then you'd really have something to complain about.
I literally did customer service tickets at one point in my life, I know as a result that constantly flooding LRG'S CS with tickets and complaints due to fuckups the CEOs/higher ups do is absolutely not helping things! (I'm not a fan of trolling them since tbh I wouldn't be shocked if they're facing extreme crunch behind the scenes) Hundreds of tickets being filled due to Scott Pilgrim's Vinyl delays, canceling orders, or general QC issues is not at all a healthy sign of a business and it's clear to me that you're literally the Expensive Onion dude from the reddit who got mad that the Trust Pilot rating for LRG was so low, or at least one of the other LRG whales like them who hate when people are unhappy with LRG because it makes the number of your collection's value go down. Nobody is gonna bring out pitchforks if you buy from LRG and enjoy their stuff casually: I did so for years and i know some who casually buy standards and don't mind waiting.

It's their public image and how the CEOs conduct themselves/refuse to listen to their own staff that's why a lot of people rightfully don't like them. Especially as of the past year, where every other week it feels like they do something or miss a deadline or fail to communicate a product delay or change. Pray tell, is there any excuse for why customers have gotten zero updates on say, the Zombies Ate my Neighbors SNES Repro from June 2021? Not a single update! Period!

That's why their reputation is tanking along with stuff like Doom, Shiren, Scott Pilgrim, TMNT, etc. My articles show up in LRG search results from time to time, and any spike in views I notice tends to happen after a lot of people google where the fuck (insert blank item here) has gone: I've long since stopped sharing those articles in favor of sharing stuff I'm more passionate about like the Tomie interview and PMD content, but the SEO gods have chosen LRG's fate and that's fully on Doug/Josh for being so stubborn. I'm not one to be silly and go "Oh this person is OBVIOUSLY so and so in disguise" because my time on the LRG server showed me that there are dedicated fans who will defend companies to their grave (including me for five years, a detail you seem to forget), but whoever you are, you really aren't fooling anyone here.

If say, the Carbon engine stuff launches and is kickass? Hell yea I'll praise it. I'm praying Rendering Ranger R2 makes it out with a good release like RCG0. If LRG does legit good QC and good work on a thing I'll praise it. I had no problems thinking highly of RCG0 earlier this year even with my loathing for the company in general, and honestly if every item they put out was as well curated as something like that or what Discotek does then I'd be willing to get back in, as would others here. But as it stands now it's LRG's own fault for being so disliked lol. The scott pilgrim vinyls finally shipped today from LRG, the same day as amazon's distro of the OG print. Twenty Two months later.

Can these problems be fixed? I don't know. They can be, but probably not in ways that would allow the company to continue on its current path. It would be nice if customers at least had the option to cancel an order (wait, you can't cancel kickstarter orders).

I'm sure I will be marked as a "crazy" customer but I took the time to make some comments on the off chance it does some good. I am, after all, a collector of physical games and a long time customer of Limited Run (just not so much anymore).
Josh actually said this summer that you can cancel any order regardless of reason and unless it's about to ship out they will do it now: I can confirm as all but my Valis vinyl I cancelled from LRG after Doug's spat at me this summer. (Only keeping the Valis one since I'm as huge of a Valis fan as I am PMD)

Josh actually said this summer that you can cancel any order regardless of reason and unless it's about to ship out they will do it now: I can confirm as all but my Valis vinyl I cancelled from LRG after Doug's spat at me this summer. (Only keeping the Valis one since I'm as huge of a Valis fan as I am PMD)
Really? That's the total opposite of what every item page says.... "All orders are considered final and can not be canceled."

This new policy should definitely be communicated to customers.

So if I bought 100 games over the next month or two then in 6 months it turns out I need my $5000 for something important what would I do? There is no cancel order button anywhere. Contact support? Would that be a smooth and easy process? I'd be able to cancel all my orders easily and without repercussion? It wouldn't be a one (or one hundred) time exception?

Since Limited Run is such a big and successful company they should definitely add the cancel order button to the order history page.

Since Limited Run is such a big and successful company they should actually not charge until an order ships, like other big and successful companies. It's really only smaller businesses that would need that money right up front for something that won't ship for over a year.

Such a big and successful company should actually be able to negotiate faster production times, like all those small non-US publishers that can get a game shipped in a few months.

Well, at least I know about the new Limited Run policy that allows any order to be canceled!

Really? That's the total opposite of what every item page says.... "All orders are considered final and can not be canceled."

This new policy should definitely be communicated to customers.

So if I bought 100 games over the next month or two then in 6 months it turns out I need my $5000 for something important what would I do? There is no cancel order button anywhere. Contact support? Would that be a smooth and easy process? I'd be able to cancel all my orders easily and without repercussion? It wouldn't be a one (or one hundred) time exception?

Since Limited Run is such a big and successful company they should definitely add the cancel order button to the order history page.

Since Limited Run is such a big and successful company they should actually not charge until an order ships, like other big and successful companies. It's really only smaller businesses that would need that money right up front for something that won't ship for over a year.

Such a big and successful company should actually be able to negotiate faster production times, like all those small non-US publishers that can get a game shipped in a few months.

Well, at least I know about the new Limited Run policy that allows any order to be canceled!
Yep, despite what the store pages say there's even a part in the support ticket fields to just cancel an order. Give them the order number, explain why and if it's not about to ship they should do it. Even when they went "we're about to ship scott pilgrims so we can't cancel that" they did it anyway in mid september when i politely asked again around the time of the last newsletter. Just put your order number/numbers in the field, say "hey, i no longer have interest in these" and they should work with you on them. They may ask for your paypal email if it's a year+ order, but otherwise it should go smoothly and if it doesn't somehow you can refer to the tweet josh made in the summer

In uh, other news, that goku individual i mentioned before just so happened to start tweeting at me when I made a tweet befuddled by our current situation with the individual here who keeps replying to my posts with Josh/Doug praise.

https://twitter.com/myherogoku99/status/1583698077600612354

These whales don't stop

I also love the Karens in here that complain about LRG getting worse despite the company expanding more every single year, making more profit and becoming more popular.
Alright, bud. First off, you're not using the ridiculous term "Karen" correctly. What has been complained about are legitimate issues LRG customers have, and for good reason.

Second, just because a company is big or growing doesn't mean it isn't getting worse. And profit of LRG is conjecture here since no numbers have ever been released. It could be high or it could be tanking.

Quality of titles is subjective, of course, but as LRG has grown, wait times, CE quality, customer service and communication has all gotten worse. That is fact. That's why so many complain. Doing business with LRG is getting worse and worse, and the company just doesn't seem to care. They just don't.

As an example that mirrors LRG, look at Spirit Airlines. They didn't start out hated, but when the new (at the time) CEO decided to make the whole company about maximizing profit, the quality of the company went into the toilet despite their growth. Now, no one likes them, and those who use them use them more for necessity than as their top choice.

LRG is the Spirit Airlines of the video game publishing world. Despite their growth, objectively LRG has become a worse company and people only use them when they have to, while others seek out better options elsewhere.

Not sure which is sadder....the fact that IATCG spends so much time on this trolling or the fact that there are actually individuals here gullible enough to think this is Doug or Josh.  

you would think them being bought out would some of their problems...

Also A Boy and his Blob has been "At LRG Warehouse" for a bit now. wonder when that's gonna ship

They seem to be having manpower/staffing issues at their warehouse.  It is taking weeks or more for them to actually ship games out these days.  It used to be much faster.

Not sure which is sadder....the fact that IATCG spends so much time on this trolling or the fact that there are actually individuals here gullible enough to think this is Doug or Josh.
You of all people should know how thin skinned people in positions of fame and notoriety can be considering the industry you work in.

I also don't appreciate being accused of being other people. As much as I'd like to be affiliated with such a successful company, I'm just a fan who stumbled on this page when looking up LRG on Google. My real name is Gregory Stevens and you can see I'm a brand new member. I heard rumors that Josh and Doug used to post here but stopped years ago after nonstop toxicity and abuse. I feel bad for them if that's the case. Imagine trying to interact with people who call themselves "fans" and just get hatred in response. Luckily most of those people that were here probably moved on, but there's one in particular who owns a blog and still refuses to stop and continues to harass them on Twitter and even accused Josh of lying the other day...

You of all people should know how thin skinned people in positions of fame and notoriety can be considering the industry you work in.
Not sure what that has to do with the fact that this is clearly IATCG given his sentence structure and the repetitious use of certain words and the fact that he has literally done this same thing multiple times in this very thread over the years. Still not as funny as the time he showed up as a disgruntled customer on this thread, was banned and showed up the next day as LRG's most devoted fan. I have to admit the guy is kinda brilliant.

I also don't appreciate being accused of being other people. As much as I'd like to be affiliated with such a successful company, I'm just a fan who stumbled on this page when looking up LRG on Google. My real name is Gregory Stevens and you can see I'm a brand new member. I heard rumors that Josh and Doug used to post here but stopped years ago after nonstop toxicity and abuse. I feel bad for them if that's the case. Imagine trying to interact with people who call themselves "fans" and just get hatred in response. Luckily most of those people that were here probably moved on, but there's one in particular who owns a blog and still refuses to stop and continues to harass them on Twitter and even accused Josh of lying the other day...
why would u dox yourself in defense of some video game company that doesn't care about u at all. how dumb (considering you're not lying.)

They seem to be having manpower/staffing issues at their warehouse. It is taking weeks or more for them to actually ship games out these days. It used to be much faster.
I noticed this especially with Gaiares. Got my castlemania copy in mid July, LRG buyers i knew got it late Aug/Sept. both got in the warehouse at around the same time and it seems as of late their warehouse staff is getting more and more crunched. They’ve always been a small company and josh has always noted they’ll “hire more people” for years as their solution, but tbh i think the flood of releases they do now leading to a mountain of them being done all at once and heading to the warehouse isn’t helping matters.

I feel bad for all the women who have ever encountered you. You are why women aren't kinder to strange men.

I noticed this especially with Gaiares. Got my castlemania copy in mid July, LRG buyers i knew got it late Aug/Sept. both got in the warehouse at around the same time and it seems as of late their warehouse staff is getting more and more crunched. They’ve always been a small company and josh has always noted they’ll “hire more people” for years as their solution, but tbh i think the flood of releases they do now leading to a mountain of them being done all at once and heading to the warehouse isn’t helping matters.
Yeah they have gotten over their heads with the amount of releases they do each month and they just cant keep up. Hopefully the Embracer buyout will help with the issue but I dont think so. I dont think Embracer is going to personally step in and kick out Doug or Josh and run it themselves so that LRG runs more efficiently. Therefore, I think the issue will still be there even after the Embracer buyout. If anything it might even get worse if Embracer starts pumping out games just as fast as LRG!!!

I was kinda hoping that eventually it'll get so bad Embracer themselves will get flooded with emails and twitter shamed into taking action and getting new leadership in there. Surprised someone hasn't tried to start a campaign yet once the news was announced. Unless their plan is to do nothing, make money, and have Josh and Doug be the scapegoats.

Not sure what that has to do with the fact that this is clearly IATCG given his sentence structure and the repetitious use of certain words and the fact that he has literally done this same thing multiple times in this very thread over the years. Still not as funny as the time he showed up as a disgruntled customer on this thread, was banned and showed up the next day as LRG's most devoted fan. I have to admit the guy is kinda brilliant.
Well, I didn't realize IATCG was a person as opposed to an acronym.

There's that.

Even though I have been on these forums off and on for the past 2 decades, I really haven't picked up on anyone in particular so this other person fell under my radar. I only know you and your bojay-isms from Digital Press 15+ years ago.

bread's done
Back