Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Why not put all four on one disc/cart, though? 10+10+10+10 ($40 game) plus $15 for physical, $55 is more palatable than $70.
Exactly ! LRG plays us for fools!

If they think I’m gonna 70+ for 4 games (and wait a year for shipping) when I can go get Atari 50 for 30 dollars and get it now (which has updated games and totals 50 games!)

FUN FACTS !

Still waiting 18 months for my Castlevania order.

My Double Dragon CE arrived to the warehouse a month ago, and still hasn’t shipped.

My email to customer service from a week ago simply goes ignored.

It's our normal pricing model, each game is $10, $10+$10, $20 game plus $15 for physical, $34.99.

It's the same pricing we use for all our stuff and what our competitors do now.
Yeah, I know. But it's not just the price, it's how these games are always split up between multiple releases when they really shouldn't be.

It just seems like an odd time to release these.  There are currently 7 games so far in the series with more expected to come.  Are we to expect that you will release more volumes in the future?  Kind of makes the 2 volume box seem odd too.  It would be nice to have a complete collection after they eventually decide to not make any more of this series.

Yeah, I know. But it's not just the price, it's how these games are always split up between multiple releases when they really shouldn't be.
Kemco has bundles that exist, but LRG puts out single releases, which is a lot of money for games that originated on phones, IMO.

So why do you like their posts but still continue to not answer anyone's criticism
I’ve answered plenty of questions, criticisms aren’t questions, whats to answer?

Does it bother you that I like their posts?

Honestly Nightc1 is probably the most on point here and answers most of the things I’d say anyway.

You call it greed, others call it capitalism.

Companies aren't out to make friends. Sooner you know that, the better off you'll be.
Exactly!

I see this a lot, especially with Nintendo fans. Nintendo, Sony, MS and LRG and any other company are not your friends. They are business and they are designed to make money, not friends

The sooner people learn this, the sooner they will be better off.

And if you dont want to make business with them, then dont buy their sh!t

Exactly!
I see this a lot, especially with Nintendo fans. Nintendo, Sony, MS and LRG and any other company are not your friends. They are business and they are designed to make money, not friends
The sooner people learn this, the sooner they will be better off.

And if you dont want to make business with them, then dont buy their sh!t
But it’s easier to buy their products and complain about them into the void of the internet.

You call it greed, others call it capitalism.

Companies aren't out to make friends. Sooner you know that, the better off you'll be.
While absolutely true, it makes the original intention and vision sold to customers of LRG kinda super bummed. Forever Physical no longer seems about finding hidden gems and preserving them on physical formats, but rather a nod to the lifespan of the plastic junk in the CEs the push out.

Exactly ! LRG plays us for fools!

If they think I’m gonna 70+ for 4 games (and wait a year for shipping) when I can go get Atari 50 for 30 dollars and get it now (which has updated games and totals 50 games!)

FUN FACTS !

Still waiting 18 months for my Castlevania order.

My Double Dragon CE arrived to the warehouse a month ago, and still hasn’t shipped.

My email to customer service from a week ago simply goes ignored.
Yeah I'd maybe think 3 in a vol for $50 would be a good deal and I can kinda see these games being worth the $35 ATM, because the recharged games are really damn good and i feel they have enough to be worth that price, but they could probably have bundled an extra game in these vols: there's not really a "win scenario" with these really, but Vol 2 is incredibly tempting as a fan of scorechasers. Will keep an eye on the amazon pages for that one but i'll likely nab the rest I don't own on steam during the sale instead. Still, if you haven't played these recharged games, I can definitely recommend them for scorechaser fans.

Who gives a F about limited run having a retail store? We could complain about the quality of the games or how long shipping takes but the physical store should be damn near the last thing anyone cares about.

Why care if it makes a profit or not? I would think it doesn't affect any of the games at least not yet. Yeah they might sell exclusive covers but so does every company at a convention.
Having caught up the past few pages after glancing over the past few days (marathoning editing on a huge Mystery Dungeon tribute is tiring, esp. when combined with full time work) Honestly, I don't think the store is worth fretting or being mad at.

Do they sell old unused LRG stock? Yeah, but so do the partner stores or them at cons... As long as they aren't FOMOing exclusive games or covers there I don't think the exclusive things they do have like the CD soundtrack and such are worth worrying about in terms of scarcity and such. It's a desert when it comes to retro game stores, so even without the LRG branding it has more than enough to be worth visiting and being around. I don't see a single problem with it and while some earlier this year were worried that a covid loan was used to pay for it, that isn't the case (They paid their staff when they shut down for a bit in early 2020) and it seems to be doing fine. Friends I know who stopped by really enjoy it even if they just look at the non LRG stuff like the import games or retro cards packs. I don't think it impacts the slow ship/make times or CS or anything on the web site one bit as that's separate.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair, you still chose execute said deal. One that I have seen nothing but reactions ranging from puzzled to offended; none good, to be clear.
Exactly…. Let’s not forget about Bill and Ted’s NES game they decided to put on the PS5 and sell for 40 bucks ;)

Who's offended by a game release?
Doug, one thing I have noticed is that you're very well versed in deflecting from an argument by finding the perhaps most weak portion of an argument, amplifying, and ignoring the most salient point.

Stay on topic, you chose to distribute what most feel is a bad deal.

If you want to see folks reaction, you can unblock them on twitter, go to your own companies twitter page, or check any other social media. Perhaps offend was the wrong word, perhaps angry is better. Regardless, the point still stands. Once again, the answer is you (or your company, since you're still head of it) chose to do something that people disagree with. Own it, my friend.

Edit: Disdain, that's perhaps the best word for it. Disdain.

Doug, one thing I have noticed is that you're very well versed in deflecting from an argument by finding the perhaps most weak portion of an argument, amplifying, and ignoring the most salient point.

Stay on topic, you chose to distribute what most feel is a bad deal.

If you want to see folks reaction, you can unblock them on twitter, go to your own companies twitter page, or check any other social media. Perhaps offend was the wrong word, perhaps angry is better. Regardless, the point still stands. Once again, the answer is you (or your company, since you're still head of it) chose to do something that people disagree with. Own it, my friend.

Edit: Disdain, that's perhaps the best word for it. Disdain.
Just fucking stop. No one owes you anything.

Anyone who ever bought a copy of E.T., Mighty No.9, or any post 2006 :censored: EA sport game.
giphy.gif

Exactly…. Let’s not forget about Bill and Ted’s NES game they decided to put on the PS5 and sell for 40 bucks ;)
While the standards for that didn't hit MOQ on Switch (at least on the LRG site), I am curious when the digital version is coming: i'd imagine that would have done a bit better if it was out for you know, people to play and review... It's on Carbon so I'm guessing the emulation will be top notch but we haven't heard a peep about the release of that, Rendering Ranger R2, Plumbers, or Boy & His Blob and they were supposed to be out this year IIRC?

RCG0 hit steam at least but I'm wondering when we'll hear more about their Carbon stuff since that was a factor for Embracer buying them. Kids on Site isn't carbon but that was sold months ago with not a peep on the digital release so I wonder if that'll be a Shantae PS5 ordeal (where it takes longer due to no digital SKU existing for a while)

It's possible for both statements to be true: Doug is selective in his responses and Doug doesn't owe us any responses. As for the Atari situation, I feel like we got our answers. Atari pitched it to LRG in the form we're seeing now and LRG has a problem saying no (as evidenced by the perpetual monsoon of releases). It's true that public perception was pretty overwhelmingly negative from Twitter/Reddit/here but it's exceptionally rare that LRG makes product changes after announcement (Monkey Island is the only one that comes to mind) and since they're now on sale I think that ship has sailed. The only other thing Doug could really say is "Atari and LRG are for-profit companies and for-profit companies like money", which is axiomatic enough that it probably doesn't warrant being said. C'est la vie.

I'm also interested to see more Carbon Engine stuff. It seems like it's been pretty slow going, but Josh mentioned hiring someone to help with it not too long ago. Embracer as a whole probably has higher priority things to deal with now considering their recent woes.

There's currently 14 LRG titles on sale at Best Buy including No More Heroes 1 & 2, Bloodstained 2 and Shredder's Revenge.
I thought that the copies released at BB had slightly different covers? I'm looking at a few PS5 LRG vs BB copies now and they look the same...

I thought that the copies released at BB had slightly different covers? I'm looking at a few PS5 LRG vs BB copies now and they look the same...
I think they may have backed away from always doing different covers. Of the upcoming releases, it looks like most of the Switch versions have unique covers (except maybe Quake and the Contra collection), but the PS4/PS5 games do not.

I think they may have backed away from always doing different covers. Of the upcoming releases, it looks like most of the Switch versions have unique covers (except maybe Quake and the Contra collection), but the PS4/PS5 games do not.
Ah, thanks. I took a closer look and based on the artwork, I see the LRG logo on the LRG website but so such LRG logo on the BB artwork- but I guess no way of knowing if that's an actual difference or not.

Ah, thanks. I took a closer look and based on the artwork, I see the LRG logo on the LRG website but so such LRG logo on the BB artwork- but I guess no way of knowing if that's an actual difference or not.
I think most PS4 Stuff in general shied away from alt covers at BB? It was usually Switch stuff that had alt covers. Least I didn't notice one when I got COTM2 from there when it hit PS4 at Best Buy

No wonder Doug is trying to do damage control…. have you seen the social media responses to their posts ? you think it’s bad here, just check out IG ! I’d think someone has to have sales numbers out there to show how much they are sliding. It’s like watching a slow motion train wreck like twitter ;)[attachment=37544:F369152D-6707-4927-94EC-84CDF000A0E3.png][attachment=37545:D178BFC6-27F8-4326-A893-F3DEC2681264.png][attachment=37548:4494261B-6D31-4CA2-9FBC-B0D9B150AB72.png][attachment=37549:698E9467-BD56-4DC9-9347-C6EAC1D5607E.png]

No wonder Doug is trying to do damage control…. have you seen the social media responses to their posts ? you think it’s bad here, just check out IG ! I’d think someone has to have sales numbers out there to show how much they are sliding. It’s like watching a slow motion train wreck like twitter
I mean, taking a glance right before the preorder closes it seems the PS5 ver sold above MOQ (mostly CEs, since I wouldn't be surprised if people bought them after missing out a few months ago), so I still don't think them getting a game people want will stop people from buying it, but in general yeah, I do generally notice that some of the "big" releases are the ones that mostly influence newcomers and whether or not they wanna stay... I saw a lot of those kind of folk in facebook comments when Scott Pilgrim was in production, as when SOR4 or TMNT happened. For TMNT it was especially more vocal than usual due to how they aimed to ship them in Aug only to not get to it until October, despite PAL and Japan having the full CE ready by late August, and the lack of public updates on that just led to everyone being frustrated.

You'd see a new ETA in a comment reply, but it wouldn't be openly posted on social channels upfront, people would always have to do digging through comment sections or their discord... Which has been the consistent problem for a long while and nothing that has even been fixed outside of monthly emails covering only some titles. For example, searching through replies to LRG tweets was how I learned the standards to Valis were delayed due to a misprint, which I then shared on the reddit since LRG sure wasn't going to. :|

We all know LRG has problems it needs to fix. That said, I'm unconvinced it's going to address them unless its sales are starting to be affected. Folks should keep complaining, of course. Companies only change once the damage starts to take down their bottomline.

That all said, I do hope LRG can get this ship righted. For all the ills, the publisher does help bring physical games out that would otherwise stay digital, and I for one appreciate it. That it doesn't force exclusivity down developers' throats is also a nice gesture since it shows LRG isn't much interested in locking up games so games can be reprinted later should it be in larger demand.

I order LRG titles as they interest me. Like others, not happy about the long lead times, but so long as I have confidence I'll get my game, I'm okay with supporting them. It would be an improvement to see the lead times reduced back to at least pre-covid levels, for starters.

We all know LRG has problems it needs to fix. That said, I'm unconvinced it's going to address them unless its sales are starting to be affected. Folks should keep complaining, of course. Companies only change once the damage starts to take down their bottomline.
That all said, I do hope LRG can get this ship righted. For all the ills, the publisher does help bring physical games out that would otherwise stay digital, and I for one appreciate it. That it doesn't force exclusivity down developers' throats is also a nice gesture since it shows LRG isn't much interested in locking up games so games can be reprinted later should it be in larger demand.
I order LRG titles as they interest me. Like others, not happy about the long lead times, but so long as I have confidence I'll get my game, I'm okay with supporting them. It would be an improvement to see the lead times reduced back to at least pre-covid levels, for starters.
Thank you. I 100% agree.

Just wanted to say I appreciate your willingness to communicate with us here.

(And also, I sent you a private message yesterday evening, whenever you can get around to it!)
No worries, I've figured out at this point who to ignore and who to answer.

Definitely want to be helpful but not going to waste my time arguing with people.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1597305876519550976?s=20&t=CKwXTtqZmGL0zrO_8Knoaw
Oh neat: pajama sam 1 is I think the first game i ever played? (In a three way tie between smb deluxe or SM64 in my memory). I did hear there were some bugs when this first came out though but hopefully they got patched.

Has there been any update as to when the Valis Collection 1 Limited Edition will be shipping?
Same as all their CEs on the production page: no status updates at all outside of that brief blurb in their newsletter saying the OSTS are done. I have mine with the vinyl so i’m not expecting that until June at the earliest.

Has there been any update as to when the Valis Collection 1 Limited Edition will be shipping?
They are currently at our factory being kitted right now! Should have them in hand late December - early January!

There will be an email going out sometime before about it! :D

bread's done
Back