Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
The demand on PS4 is a lot lower than it used to be and we are seeing more people opt for PS5 or Switch.

So in order to get the games in hand faster we've been trying to do limited on PS4 and just adjusting per release if the demand is high which so far we've been fairly on point. Now that PS5's are a bit easier to find more people want PS5. PS5 is also good for a lot of people to start fresh on collecting.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1597681873232306176?s=20&t=iGBR0Scr7S83XGKqv_K2CQ
I think of all LRG numbered games this may be the most tempting one since the first Valis collection, mainly since the Physical XBO version is borked with achievements and Switch seems to be the most polished one... I'll keep an eye on VGP for this one for sure. Good get!

The demand on PS4 is a lot lower than it used to be and we are seeing more people opt for PS5 or Switch.

So in order to get the games in hand faster we've been trying to do limited on PS4 and just adjusting per release if the demand is high which so far we've been fairly on point. Now that PS5's are a bit easier to find more people want PS5. PS5 is also good for a lot of people to start fresh on collecting.
Are you still going to support releasing physical Ps4 versions of games? Or are you going to transition to mostly Ps5? Since I only play & collect for Ps4 I worry about this. I was hoping you would support Ps4 way after everyone else stopped like you did Vita.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to Play Asia LRG geoblocked the release of Sol Cresta outside of Japan for their SEA release. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/NSCollectors/comments/z8c7oy/contacted_play_asia_about_the_sol_cresta_listing/

I double checked Amazon JP and uh yeah, a friend who lives in Japan confirms he can buy it no prob but for me it's cockblocked

Coolio! No discount/ease of purchasing this version for me... Ebay of the US version it is months down the line.

EDIT: I am told that EU folk can import from Amazon JP still as well, but it's not showing up as buyable for me in the US.

According to Play Asia LRG geoblocked the release of Sol Cresta outside of Japan for their SEA release.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NSCollectors/comments/z8c7oy/contacted_play_asia_about_the_sol_cresta_listing/

I double checked Amazon JP and uh yeah, a friend who lives in Japan confirms he can buy it no prob but for me it's cockblocked

Coolio! No discount/ease of purchasing this version for me... Ebay of the US version it is months down the line.

EDIT: I am told that EU folk can import from Amazon JP still as well, but it's not showing up as buyable for me in the US.
Thought you were done? SDX is still LRG lol.

As far as what ACTUALLY happened is that version only had a license to sell to Asia. It wasn’t allowed to be imported. If EU can get it it’s some failing on the lock on Amazon and I’m not surprised.

Like always it’s not a conspiracy or a “block” it was literally per the agreement and we already did ours which didn’t have that restriction so we didn’t see an issue with it. SDX products are supposed to be for Asia but not Playasia ;)

72l9tg.jpg

I posted this on Reddit

Let me break it down. If a standard agreement is at X% in North America and favors the dev more but in Japan the agreement is Y% and favors the publisher more due to how retail/logistics work in Japan and I sold said product to a region that was not agreed to I am circumventing the agreements which I also don’t have the legal right to do to exploit the percentages in my favor possibly. The rule was we could sell an Asian version but it needed to stay in Asia. ‍♂

International business is messy and the games industry has a bunch of weird terms and conditions, I get it. But regardless of the rationale, geo-blocked releases are the result.

I am curious to see whether this becomes a trend, though. Asia's probably not that big of a market for LRG, but when the EU branch gets going is that going to result in US/ESRB releases no longer being available to the EU? Or would that be something LRG pushes back on harder when reviewing/approving contracts since there's a bigger existing customerbase?

International business is messy and the games industry has a bunch of weird terms and conditions, I get it. But regardless of the rationale, geo-blocked releases are the result.

I am curious to see whether this becomes a trend, though. Asia's probably not that big of a market for LRG, but when the EU branch gets going is that going to result in US/ESRB releases no longer being available to the EU? Or would that be something LRG pushes back on harder when reviewing/approving contracts since there's a bigger existing customerbase?
Depends on the partner. Most of the time it’s nat an issue until it involves Japan or Asia as a whole.

Forever Limited Games is doing physical versions of the Front Mission 1st Remake. Unsure if there is going to be an NTSC release yet. At least nothing has been shown as of yet...

https://twitter.com/ForeverLTD_Main/status/1597893880388939776?t=zn7uncrdzvYLrdI9LlXhog&s=19

Back to '99 with region locking content arbitrarily. (I know it never went away).

Love how much benefit modern copyright benefits the customer!

Is "Forever Limited" a reliable lot? I've never heard of them. I want a physical copy of that game, for sure.

Back to '99 with region locking content arbitrarily. (I know it never went away).

Love how much benefit modern copyright benefits the customer!

Is "Forever Limited" a reliable lot? I've never heard of them. I want a physical copy of that game, for sure.
It's the publishing arm for Forever Entertainment, the game's developer. They're based in Poland and the shipping is 26 euro unfortunately.

Most of Forever Limited releases have gotten a stateside release. I would assume that Front Mission Remake will also get releases in NA.  I'm going to be keeping a close watch on this because I would like to own this game physically for Switch.

If I have to import it I will.

I know this is an impossibility... but with the long wait times, it would be awesome if Limited Run could somehow include a digital version for the platform purchased. Would definitely make the wait incredibly less stressful and annoying.

I guess it would never work logistically since there are costs involved for technically a "second" copy of the game, but I can dream.

For Front Mission, it's Forever Entertainment which means it'll be discounted a lot within the first year for the digital version.  If I get it, I'll likely just go digital if it turns out good.

Most of Forever Limited releases have gotten a stateside release. I would assume that Front Mission Remake will also get releases in NA. I'm going to be keeping a close watch on this because I would like to own this game physically for Switch.

If I have to import it I will.
Agreed, I'm tempted by that Limited version though...

Also knowing FE it’ll be ported elsewhere with bug fixes later so I’ll just see if it handles well on steam deck… and if the remake is good. Kinda stunned it dropped with little notice or fanfare

Got my catlateral damage for the switch. It was a nice box with good inner art. The "manual" is long, but it actually has little info about the game. Just some insight on the creators cat which was i guess the inspiration of the game and the staffs cats. The last page has pictures of the playable cats. Mine was slightly bent

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1598016093712699393?s=20&t=NX8DHxWNL3uQ_tgS_2yRdg

Not to steal Redrum' s thunder, but holy crap.  More of this, Doug.  Print those rare games as distribution titles!

F in the chat for those holding onto $300 Super Rare copies as "investments."

I know this is an impossibility... but with the long wait times, it would be awesome if Limited Run could somehow include a digital version for the platform purchased. Would definitely make the wait incredibly less stressful and annoying.

I guess it would never work logistically since there are costs involved for technically a "second" copy of the game, but I can dream.
They've done this with their highest tier of CE for a few WayForward games, so I'm assuming it's up to the developer. Like you mentioned though, it can be a hard sell - if everyone gets a digital copy a decent amount of people are just going to hawk them on the secondhand market for a discount and eliminate other potential sales. In recent memory I've seen it happen with Tales of Arise and Neptunia X Senran Kagura when those codes were distributed to compensate for delay of the physical editions.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1598016093712699393?s=20&t=NX8DHxWNL3uQ_tgS_2yRdg

Not to steal Redrum' s thunder, but holy crap. More of this, Doug. Print those rare games as distribution titles!

100% reason I’ll never plunk down more than a little over the original price on these. There’s nothing legally stopping any of these companies from switching the release format, providing a release in a different region, or even just straight up reprinting.

Those Star Wars double-title releases were the best thing to happen to my spending habits. That’s where I really put the breaks on not just LRG but limited print titles generally.

Still waiting for the day Shantae and Pirate’s Curse gets an Asia release or some other reprint when WayForward decides they need more money.

100% reason I’ll never plunk down more than a little over the original price on these. There’s nothing legally stopping any of these companies from switching the release format, providing a release in a different region, or even just straight up reprinting.
This and future reprints will hopefully teach people paying big wads of dough for bragging rights that as long as the system is getting new games, any game for those systems can get more copies made. It's incredibly foolish to pay more than retail. A perfect example is Xenoblade 2 Torna. How many people ate shit paying $150 for that?

The "muh investments" types can get tossed. If Doug & Co can negotiate a reprint of anything worth over $100, fucking go for it. If you can contract up Godzilla for PS4, you may invoke an F5 hurricane of pissing and moaning which may cause the reddit game collecting sub to collapse into itself.

This and future reprints will hopefully teach people paying big wads of dough for bragging rights that as long as the system is getting new games, any game for those systems can get more copies made. It's incredibly foolish to pay more than retail. A perfect example is Xenoblade 2 Torna. How many people ate shit paying $150 for that?

The "muh investments" types can get tossed. If Doug & Co can negotiate a reprint of anything worth over $100, fucking go for it. If you can contract up Godzilla for PS4, you may invoke an F5 hurricane of pissing and moaning which may cause the reddit game collecting sub to collapse into itself.
The only thing more foolish to invest in than video games, particularly current-gen video games, is crypto.

Not to steal Redrum' s thunder, but holy crap. More of this, Doug. Print those rare games as distribution titles!

Haven't all these limited companies basically made that clear, even from the get go? That their print would be a one off, but there's nothing stopping another company from doing their own run?

I'm always shocked at how much that Godzilla game goes for considering what it is.

I'm always shocked at how much that Godzilla game goes for considering what it is.
There's always these weird edge-cases where it seems the quality of the game is secondary to the rarity. Like, I could have bought Godzilla years ago but the reviews are terrible for it.

Then it shoots up in value like this and I start questioning all the reviews, like well maybe they got it wrong, could I still find this fun, what was I missing?

If I come across one at Gamestop or for a reasonable price I'll probably grab it, but that sub-40% meteoritic really makes me wonder how bad this game is.

It's not BAD but it's not great? It's stupid slow, like movement wise but it does have a ton of kaiju in it which is neat but it also ramps up in difficulty out of nowhere. 

Still waiting for the day Shantae and Pirate’s Curse gets an Asia release or some other reprint when WayForward decides they need more money.
I have the 3DS physical release of it which is why I opted to pass on the LRG Switch release. At this point, a sale where it's $5 digital on the eshop would be good enough. Though even then I have to keep reminding myself that I already own the game and why do I need it on Switch again.

Then it shoots up in value like this and I start questioning all the reviews, like well maybe they got it wrong, could I still find this fun, what was I missing?
People buy bad games solely for the collectability.. I have it, doesn't mean I'm gonna ever play it more than the 5 minutes I spent testing the disc to make sure it works. Rareity/value has nothing to do with reviews- the reviews got this one right.

There's always these weird edge-cases where it seems the quality of the game is secondary to the rarity. Like, I could have bought Godzilla years ago but the reviews are terrible for it.

If I come across one at Gamestop or for a reasonable price I'll probably grab it, but that sub-40% meteoritic really makes me wonder how bad this game is.
Reviews are dead on, it is not a good game. First few missions are fun and then it was the same thing over and over and it took forever to move around. I bought it on target clearance and felt it was not even worth the $10 clearance price.

It's largely fueled by reddit. It's a top 5 "overpay for game, get upvotes" title with stuff like Rule of Rose, Earthbound and Fire Emblem for GC. They will tell you up and down that it's not available anymore and won't get reprinted and how is that different from several hundred other PS4 games? It is definitely shocking when you think about it. This unfortunately has happened a lot in game collecting - very dumb reasons for games being expensive. You have to often be at the ground floor of when the game clicks over from worthless to expensive to have any idea the reason why.

But seriously, reprint everything even your own stuff. If you can contract it and make a buck off of it, please do.

Y'all need to calm down and stop hating on expensive games.

Godzilla is not rare I get one every week normally from gamestop for $69.99 and then I sell it for $170.

Modern games like there's no such thing as a rare game for the switch. I've held every game I don't believe in there being a single game on the switch that's rare.

Y'all need to calm down and stop hating on expensive games.

Godzilla is not rare I get one every week normally from gamestop for $69.99 and then I sell it for $170.

Modern games like there's no such thing as a rare game for the switch. I've held every game I don't believe in there being a single game on the switch that's rare.
The problem is while you made the correct distinction that expensive and rare are two different things, nearly everyone on reddit or Facebook does not.

It's your prerogative to flip Godzillas. Do what you do, because you ain't buying them and the buyers are the problem. That's why I said to Doug, go bananas.

Also another thing most collectors don't know and you do - there's nothing legit rare on current systems. The closest is NBA Elite 11 and that's a full generation plus back.

To put it in perspective, as per the community gathered numbers on that Google sheet, the Switch game with the shortest non-LE production run is Double Switch with 2,000 copies. (Doug can opt to confirm, deny or say nothing).

Back in the day of the NES and SNES, when games were spread out over retailers all over the country, this would be microscopic. It wouldn't even cover 1 copy for every retailer that sold games. Blend in some loss from tossed games, close out, cases lost in a warehouse and good luck finding the game.

Now? Those 2,000 Double Switches were directly aimed at the target market of collectors. They skip the retail phase and go right to collections. While there are some copies going for play, all of these games are finding a spot on a shelf immediately. Add in copies bought solely to be regurgitated to the secondhand market and any day of the week, you can find the "rarest" Switch game for sale.

There are probably less than 50 games (over something like 15,000-20,000 US released games across all systems) that qualify as rare and majority are for the Atari 2600.

The only thing more foolish to invest in than video games, particularly current-gen video games, is crypto.
So this. The entire notion of "investing" in video games is downright hilarious. Of course, folks can do what they will with their money, but the idea that these consumer products - most of which were published in the hundreds of thousands to millions are worth the values that some folks had been paying (and some continue to do) over the last several years is farcical. It's become fairly evident that the prices are inflated and that the FOMO marketplace is, too, built on that same house of cards.

And just like Crypto, it's going to come crashing down soon enough. For games, I'd say even more so because the nostalgic value/premium for physical games is fast declining - meaning your core customer base is literally shrinking by the day. Every new/younger gamer cares less and less about owning physical games because they're growing up with an industry that pushes digital games instead.

I'm not saying video games can't be worth something. Sure, but nowhere close to the values folks have been paying.

The problem is while you made the correct distinction that expensive and rare are two different things, nearly everyone on reddit or Facebook does not.

It's your prerogative to flip Godzillas. Do what you do, because you ain't buying them and the buyers are the problem. That's why I said to Doug, go bananas.

Also another thing most collectors don't know and you do - there's nothing legit rare on current systems. The closest is NBA Elite 11 and that's a full generation plus back.

To put it in perspective, as per the community gathered numbers on that Google sheet, the Switch game with the shortest non-LE production run is Double Switch with 2,000 copies. (Doug can opt to confirm, deny or say nothing).

Back in the day of the NES and SNES, when games were spread out over retailers all over the country, this would be microscopic. It wouldn't even cover 1 copy for every retailer that sold games. Blend in some loss from tossed games, close out, cases lost in a warehouse and good luck finding the game.

Now? Those 2,000 Double Switches were directly aimed at the target market of collectors. They skip the retail phase and go right to collections. While there are some copies going for play, all of these games are finding a spot on a shelf immediately. Add in copies bought solely to be regurgitated to the secondhand market and any day of the week, you can find the "rarest" Switch game for sale.

There are probably less than 50 games (over something like 15,000-20,000 US released games across all systems) that qualify as rare and majority are for the Atari 2600.
It was higher because of the bundles, the sku itself yes was low but overall it was closer to 4k? I think originally we didn't include the bundles in that count for the standard. This is just for standard no CEs.

It was higher because of the bundles, the sku itself yes was low but overall it was closer to 4k? I think originally we didn't include the bundles in that count for the standard. This is just for standard no CEs.
Thanks for this! If my number is off, could you say what the lowest standard release was? You don't have to say what the game is, it would just be an interesting point of reference.

I’d love to see a refresh of the estimated delivery dates. Almost everything shows as TBD. I have 1 item that now shows Q1 2023, the rest are TBD. It was just nice to know a very general timeframe of when to expect something and the order of things in the pipeline.

bread's done
Back