Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
For the love of God, can they stop sending single disc games in bubble mailers? Every one I get from them ends up arriving with a loose disc. I never have an issue when they ship in a small box. I can't send back for replacement since the game only had a low print run ( 1000 for PS4 Armed Emeth today) that sold out. I rather pay a little more for the box. It should at least be an option. Ugh.
I don't think that is a fault of bubble mailers specifically. PS4/5 games are notorious in general for flopping around in the case. It doesn't really matter who you order from. The good thing is most everybody knows this so it doesn't really devalue the title because the disc is loose; and 99% of the time the disc isn't even remotely scratched from it.

Do the discs end up damaged/scratched from flopping around in the case?
With Blu-rays, not really in my experience. Dvds were notorious for this but I have yet encounter a scratch disc from a blu-ray floater. I'm not saying it can't happen but the worst I've ever received was a small scuff that easily wiped off & I'm one of those people with ocd on theses type of things.

For the love of God, can they stop sending single disc games in bubble mailers? Every one I get from them ends up arriving with a loose disc. I never have an issue when they ship in a small box. I can't send back for replacement since the game only had a low print run ( 1000 for PS4 Armed Emeth today) that sold out. I rather pay a little more for the box. It should at least be an option. Ugh.
A box will not help I just got 2 packages from LRG that can in boxes and in both all of the ps4 games were floaters

Funny enough I've found most blu ray damage comes from the factory (not bc of a loose disc in transit). It happens quite often with blu ray movies, I actually just opened a new one yesterday and it was on the spindle but all scratched up. Thankfully of all the loose disc ps4 games ive opened, I only had a single one that was damaged. It was ace combat and since I opened it like a year after I bought it I got screwed.

Discs frequently come directly from Sony already loose. Not much can be done to stop it except to ship them as is and hope the recipient won't care.

Fortunately the discs are pretty easy to reseat if you want to leave your game sealed.
Yep, most of them are... there are a few that I can't get back in their original slot though no matter how many times I've tried and regardless of method (drop vs press).

Sad Sony couldn't be bothered to fix this issue for PS5 releases but I guess the cases are identical as PS4 cases?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Godzilla
You don't even need a reprint to tank the insane price on it, just a new, better Godzilla game (not a hard bar to clear). The PS4 Godzilla game has been the only Godzilla console or PC game released since the Wii generation, so people have been willing to settle for its quality and the outrageous price.

Quality =/= price in the game collecting market. Plenty of things are weirdly expensive, and being attached to a popular IP is just one contributing factor.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1606000704799358977?cxt=HHwWgoC-6bnI1MksAAAA

Seems this got extended like the Konami collection. Wouldn't be surprised if this didn't do so hot considering how we knew next to nothing about this game and not a snippet of footage was released until very recently when the Crunchyroll V-Tuber streamed it, so it makes sense to extend it now that people actually know what they're getting. Seems like a decent Zelda-like at least.

Looks like LRG has their page up for the New Years Blowout. 

No individual titles listed yet, but on the blog post they say that some of the CE's are:

• Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game: K.O. Edition (Switch/PS4)
  • Castlevania Anniversary Collection: Ultimate Edition (Switch/PS4)
  • Outlast I & II Murkoff Briefcase Edition (Switch)
  • River City Girls: Collector’s Edition  (PS5)
  • The House in Fata Morgana: Collector’s Edition (Switch)
Personally am not craving any of those, although the Outlast one is tempting.  Was hoping the Clannad CE was there, as I was an idiot and didn't order that version over Covid lockdown.  Curious to see what else gets listed as the week goes on!

https://limitedrungames.com/blogs/news/next-monday-get-ready-for-the-blowout-event-of-the-year

Best of luck to all, remember that if you go in with high expectations you WILL come out salty!

The Outlast entry had me curious so I looked back, it was originally for sale 4 years ago. Huh? Like how big are their couches that they found a 4 year old special edition just chillin’ in there?

Well, that link, and the link in LRG's blog to the collection page doesn't work. There were two games I missed that I had interest in, that only had regular editions, but I don't think either has shipped yet anyway. So I'm not getting too excited.

Well, that link, and the link in LRG's blog to the collection page doesn't work. There were two games I missed that I had interest in, that only had regular editions, but I don't think either has shipped yet anyway. So I'm not getting too excited.
My bad, I linked the wrong page. Updated it too the blog post. The "sale" page is what I was accidentally linking and doesn't have any games posted yet.

Don't buy the blind boxes. I've done the max amount 2 years in a row and really nothing but trash which is a shame.
I always went for the CD ones myself and yeah, lately they definitely are packing more of the same commons than they used to, likely because of more unsold/spare materials they never needed to put in a replacement case. It was a bit funny when Jumanji was the meme CE Blind Box of 2021, but if 2022 was any indicator it seems PM studios stuff is the new overstock, which in the case of Shadows of Adam/Ringo is pretty sad as those two CEs are really, really neat (SOA especially, it was the only PM physical I kept)

Yeah even one time I got decent enough games in my Vita 3 game blind box (Rock Boshers which I kept and played, Runner 2 which I sold and a shmup which I also sold) it didn't feel amazing. At least I got to play one of them, but the randomness isn't great.

Yeah even one time I got decent enough games in my Vita 3 game blind box (Rock Boshers which I kept and played, Runner 2 which I sold and a shmup which I also sold) it didn't feel amazing. At least I got to play one of them, but the randomness isn't great.
Rock Boshers was enjoyable. I bought and played through that whole game on vita. I think it was on sale for like $1 or something super cheap (or maybe free on PS+?).

If only LRG had their own physical store or heck even a webstore they could sell excess stuff on... they wouldn't have been so burned.  Maybe they could even cultivate relationships with other mom and pop stores and offer excess to them... or just do an end of the year sale and put all the excess in blind boxes that they don't offer direct purchase?

Just some ideas.

I don't blame BB much for reducing orders after watching the wind go out of the sails on these games and stock just sitting around.  I'd imagine they way over ordered on Scott Pilgrim and likewise got burned on the hype.   A lot of the more niche games they really shouldn't have bought into in the first place.  They really need someone that knows gaming handling this stuff for them.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/1608261911660957699

Seems to clear more of the best buy situation up. Basically BB cut back on certain orders and thus it’s uncertain if games will go there anymore. Considering how some BB games have stuck around for ages I can’t say I blame em much. For every hit like Shantae there are a bunch that just sit at my BB for ages like COTM2 and Scott Pilgrim
Also, if you haven't noticed, all retailers are scaling back physical media generally at stores. The footprint isn't worth it to them, especially given the lion's share of sales now for games and movies are done digitally.

It makes sense that more and more retailers will start scaling back warehouse catalogs as well so that fewer and fewer games/movies are sold even online.

Also, if you haven't noticed, all retailers are scaling back physical media generally at stores. The footprint isn't worth it to them, especially given the lion's share of sales now for games and movies are done digitally.

It makes sense that more and more retailers will start scaling back warehouse catalogs as well so that fewer and fewer games/movies are sold even online.
I've noticed that even Amazon has started to go the route of Walmart with certain niche video game physical releases coming directly from the distributor rather than coming from an Amazon distribution center. I imagine this will become the standard for everything but the AAA titles.

Treat customers with respect and sell back stock at a discount.

Blind boxes is just gambling which should be outlawed on many fronts since we know much better how it works from a socioeconomic and psychology perspective.

Not seeing our fearless friend stepping in to support this cause. Everyone loves spending money on things they'd never buy in hopes of getting the one they wanted, right?

Here's to all the folks getting Bill & Ted in their stockings come ... May?

Treat customers with respect and sell back stock at a discount.

Blind boxes is just gambling which should be outlawed on many fronts since we know much better how it works from a socioeconomic and psychology perspective.

Not seeing our fearless friend stepping in to support this cause. Everyone loves spending money on things they'd never buy in hopes of getting the one they wanted, right?

Here's to all the folks getting Bill & Ted in their stockings come ... May?
Oh lord i forgot Bill and Ted went up for order. That carbon release doesn't even have a finished digital SKU yet so uh, those physicals are gonna be a long while. They may have not sold the greatest but even still, I'm guessing they're polishing up the digital version before prepping the physicals, but you'd think they'd just do what they are doing for Rendering Ranger and just put it up for order closer to the DL launch.

TBH though I can't blame them for the blind boxes, or even the LRG store exclusive ones, since so much stuff hasn't hit MOQ lately and distro games have always generally sold low to the point lots of leftovers are available on the site (the PM studios games like Holy potatoes are basically a meme like Jumanji at this point) that they might as well mix them with some of the higher-demanded games. Even though it is pretty stupid, at least VGP is getting more limprint stuff in than ever for casual buying.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunStore/status/1608547292562468865?cxt=HHwWgsDRma_P2tIsAAAA

I do think it's funny though that LRG are promoting in-stock items and a few weeks ago we got that email that was like "Want something sooner, buy these!" yet a lot of people are reporting on the reddit and just generally that their LRG Books, Astro Minis and other in-stock items are just taking eons to ship, with some having had "in hand" orders for 2+ months now. Great sign when you have 300 items in production all at the exact same god damn time, and most of your social replies are just asking where the stuff from last year/in-hand stuff went rather than what the actual new stuff coming out is.

I'm still hoping 2023 will have them go out strong on the carbon engine to prove that Embracer's purchase was smart and that's at least a direction I can hope for them to turn around their woes in, since if we get lots of Carbon reissues of stuff like Rendering Ranger R2 (already confirmed), Clock Tower, Snatcher, Twinkle Tale, Keio Flying Squadron or other such rare games... Hoooo boy, that would be exciting and i'd gladly support those digitally. Still never touching a physical product from their site ever again with the current shape of things though, especially not their CEs ever again

So I am not sure what happened on the blowout page, but I am 100% certain some items were either listed early (not for sale, just listed), or listed by mistake and then removed.

When the listings first got posted yesterday I am 100% certain I saw Clannad CEs and Mercenaries Wings CEs listed, both of which are ones that I am VERY interested in picking up.  But now when I go back to the page, those 2 specifically are no longer listed (possibly others I do not know).  Curious to see if it was meant to be listed at a later date, or if those were uploaded by mistake.

Doug mentioned on Discord they'd been having issues with inventory. Likely why they still haven't listed the PS4/PS5 stuff too. They're really cutting it close at this point, wouldn't be surprised if they delayed it.

Blind boxes are purely to entice gamblers that flip games. It amazes me year after year people buy that fuck
People that buy blind boxes deserve what is coming to them. LRG customer + flippers in a nutshell. Can't help but gamble bc of greed.

If only LRG had their own physical store or heck even a webstore they could sell excess stuff on... they wouldn't have been so burned. Maybe they could even cultivate relationships with other mom and pop stores and offer excess to them... or just do an end of the year sale and put all the excess in blind boxes that they don't offer direct purchase?

Just some ideas.

I don't blame BB much for reducing orders after watching the wind go out of the sails on these games and stock just sitting around. I'd imagine they way over ordered on Scott Pilgrim and likewise got burned on the hype. A lot of the more niche games they really shouldn't have bought into in the first place. They really need someone that knows gaming handling this stuff for them.
None of it is worth anything outside of special titles. Just weird identity-confused people on Ebay, pumping and dumping.

Anyone know if any of the Blowout Sales games are the upc hole punched press copies? They have alot of random games I wasn't expecting to see, including some I have on order from them,but haven't received yet.

The game Sea of Stars on the publisher's website says "Will be released through LRG."

Does that mean it'll eventually be listed on LRG's website for pre-order? Anyone know?

That feels like an incredibly specific question that only someone working at LRG would know the answer to.
Well Doug has been randomly answering questions here lately. So I thought it was worth a shot. Also sometimes LRG has posted info on their Discord, official Twitter, personal Twitter, and probably other places too. I was hoping someone here might have heard something, since some of the users here sometimes have LRG info I've never heard of.

Anyone know if any of the Blowout Sales games are the upc hole punched press copies? They have alot of random games I wasn't expecting to see, including some I have on order from them,but haven't received yet.
IIRC the punched copies are samples given to people from Sony, not meant to be sold, and usually circulate around the CA area as a result. I don't think LRG would ever want to knowingly sell one in that state (apologies for initial confusion)

I thought hole punched up copies were review copies. Never heard of them being some kind of warehouse leak. They are often worth less than a non punched copy.

The game Sea of Stars on the publisher's website says "Will be released through LRG."

Does that mean it'll eventually be listed on LRG's website for pre-order? Anyone know?
Most likely will go up for P/O later this year, with Kickstarter backers getting some type of code for a free copy or something. While non-backers will most likely be able to order a standard or collector's edition at that time.

The game itself doesn't have a solid release date, and given the fact that it has been featured in several Nintendo Directs I would imagine that is where the announcement of a launch-date will come from, with LRG announcing physical pre-orders shortly after that.

IIRC the punched copies are samples from Sony that leaked out because they got stolen, and usually circulate around the CA area as a result. I don't think LRG would ever want to knowingly sell one in that state
Not correct. Sony, like a lot of media companies, has an internal distribution list of executives and other employees that receive promo punched copies of certain physical media and other copies are sent to the publisher to use for press and internal purposes. While you're correct that they are not supposed to be sold, they are not "stolen" and oddly, LRG sold several games with the punch-outs during previous clearance sales.

IIRC the punched copies are samples from Sony that leaked out because they got stolen, and usually circulate around the CA area as a result. I don't think LRG would ever want to knowingly sell one in that state
I bought about a dozen vita games from them earlier in the year during one of thier events that not only had holes punched in the bar code, but was covered up by a price sticker, giving me no way to know until after the fact.

It occurs to me that Swery's The Good Life was supposed to get a LRG physical release based on their kickstarter and it never materialized.

bread's done
Back