Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Don't think I'm ever ordering from special reserve again. Still waiting on Shadow Warrior 3, and they've already released a definitive version and next gen upgrade. They take way too long to do anything.
Shadow Warrior 3 is nothing compared to Broforce. But, don't worry - Broforce will ship in 2023. Sure.

And Shadow Warrior 3 is delayed because they made a "definitive" edition for next-gen consoles, that I guess has some updates applied to the PS4 version? I am sure they are itching to put the PS5 version up for sale.

Got a shipping notification today for Unsighted and Contra Anniversary Collection finally.

Only two open orders in the system left. Checking their site I just noticed Moonrider is a Distro title so hopefully I can get it on amazon.

Yesterday I got shipping notification on my Contra Anniversary Collection, today I got shipping notification on my Valis Collection Special Edition, so I'm finally caught up on all the stuff I had preordered from LRG.  

Yesterday I got shipping notification on my Contra Anniversary Collection, today I got shipping notification on my Valis Collection Special Edition, so I'm finally caught up on all the stuff I had preordered from LRG.
Yeah, I’ll give them some credit. They do seem like they’re turning it up this month, last month wasn’t looking too promising for 2023 but I’ve gotten shipping notifications for 2 different items in the last week and a half (and have my Zombies ate my neighbors and ghoul patrol in hand finally!). I think I’m down to only Kotor2 and Konami Arcade classics pending at this point.

And... now Shadow Warrior 3 is on gamepass....  :dunce:   Maybe I'll just start over there.  Had started on PS+ and then they pulled it before I finished, so I was waiting on the srg edition....  so dumb.  Wish I could cancel the order but can't... unless I get froggy and do a paypal dispute...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Bill and Ted finally launched on the eShop after the physicals went up in June, and uh, I bought it to review on the SFG site later, but uhhhh

https://twitter.com/SeafoamGaming/status/1626726461750280192

Ouch that's a barren emulator featureset. How did this take 8 months to release again...? But uh, compared to stuff like Ratalaika sets, it's not that impressive tbh

Between the games being a meme in and of themselves and LRG being at the helm I can't really say I expected much. It's got save states and that's about the extent of what I expected. Any issues with the gameplay? Framerate, crashes, etc.?

But at least they took the time to shove in their own branding with two different LRG borders. Spending the time on the important things, as ever.

Between the games being a meme in and of themselves and LRG being at the helm I can't really say I expected much. It's got save states and that's about the extent of what I expected. Any issues with the gameplay? Framerate, crashes, etc.?

But at least they took the time to shove in their own branding with two different LRG borders. Spending the time on the important things, as ever.
Loading a save state forcefully presses the A button in game so in the game boy game that makes you jump... so your state could end up getting you killed. For the games themselves though they emulate fine enough but they're also 1 horribad game and one very decent, average single screen platformer. I should have a review up on SFG next week.

In case anyone was hoping for a Bird King Vita update after Doug's last PR tour, here you go:

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunDoug/status/1628689262614020096

Seems like they aren't even trying to appease long-term customers these days. I guess now that Embracer Group owns them, they don't really care what happens

And people sided with Doug for reasons, I guess...

At least we know he's taking the piss out of his customers.

I have the Japanese Moon and that is identical. It's nice and I got it for less than what LRG is asking after exchange rates. Granted I lived in Japan at the time and Amazon JP delivery was free, but I cannot imagine there being a large crowd of folks who know what Moon is and haven't sought out a physical release already.

I had to go look up what the Moon game was. My first thought was going to be a remake of the DS first person shooter, Moon (which was pretty great for it's time) by Renegade Kid. Yeah, easy pass but the JP version would be the way to go.

In case anyone was hoping for a Bird King Vita update after Doug's last PR tour, here you go:
Thank goodness I gave up very early into the LRG Vita release shenanigans and then the whole "gotta catch em all" promise of a bonus game. IMO the game is absolute trash. I got the switch version for a few cents (used gold coins) during a sale just to see if it was any good because I do like retro themed platformers. Nope... pure janky garbage. It's one of the few games I wish I could just delete from my purchase history and give up the license to.

Seems like they aren't even trying to appease long-term customers these days. I guess now that Embracer Group owns them, they don't really care what happens
The funniest shit is how they damaged controlled their slipping QC for months by saying we’ll hire more people, we’ll get more staff, we’ll change components etc etc yet nothing’s changed and their in-hand ship times are far worse. I don’t even think embracer cares or wants to do anything yet the one thing I do know they did (because kara and Tucker Carlson’s lawyer alluded/said as such) was force LRG to fire kara for having a transphobic history when that blew up, when Josh/Doug insisted on just wanting it to blow over, not say a word, and not do anything.)

Sooooo pretty much their usual response to anything that gave them heat ever except embracer said no and actually forced them to do something for a change, and since they’re so poorly equipped for sudden staff changes now they have a mess on their hands that’s their own doing

Kinda wish embracer would force them to up their communication and shipping game too

I mean, they’re really busy, between shitposting at 3 in the morning and whatever other excuses they can come up with, can they really be expected to keep track of someone’s name?

I mean, they’re really busy, between shitposting at 3 in the morning and whatever other excuses they can come up with, can they really be expected to keep track of someone’s name?
Holy fuck i didnt even realize that was 4 AM EST. Great priorities instead of just, resting or prepping for work… or getting things shipped faster

The funniest shit is how they damaged controlled their slipping QC for months by saying we’ll hire more people, we’ll get more staff, we’ll change components etc etc yet nothing’s changed and their in-hand ship times are far worse. I don’t even think embracer cares or wants to do anything yet the one thing I do know they did (because kara and Tucker Carlson’s lawyer alluded/said as such) was force LRG to fire kara for having a transphobic history when that blew up, when Josh/Doug insisted on just wanting it to blow over, not say a word, and not do anything.)

Sooooo pretty much their usual response to anything that gave them heat ever except embracer said no and actually forced them to do something for a change, and since they’re so poorly equipped for sudden staff changes now they have a mess on their hands that’s their own doing

Kinda wish embracer would force them to up their communication and shipping game too
Yeah Doug coming in here and saying stuff like they are slowing down the CEs when it wasnt true really turned me off to LRG. Theres literally a CE with nearly every release, thats not "slowing down". Here I was defending him giving the benefit of the doubt, then he just ghosted everyone and the stuff he said about slowing down wasn't even true. Not to mention the shipping insurance crap that he never addressed. He would have been better to say nothing than to make up stuff since eventually people can see the stuff he said wasnt true. Actions speak louder than words. At first I was aggravated people here were giving him a hard time but I can now see why people were so upset.

Yeah Doug coming in here and saying stuff like they are slowing down the CEs when it wasnt true really turned me off to LRG. Theres literally a CE with nearly every release, thats not "slowing down". Here I was defending him giving the benefit of the doubt, then he just ghosted everyone and the stuff he said about slowing down wasn't even true. Not to mention the shipping insurance crap that he never addressed. He would have been better to say nothing than to make up stuff since eventually people can see the stuff he said wasnt true. Actions speak louder than words. At first I was aggravated people here were giving him a hard time but I can now see why people were so upset.
I tend to be a LRG defender, mainly because they make a product I want with limited to no substitutes. That being said, most common complaints have merit. I totally get why people are upset with lack of communication, long shipping times, etc. I don't understand the "Too many CE's" complaint though. I don't really understand being bothered by the existence of a product you don't want.

I tend to be a LRG defender, mainly because they make a product I want with limited to no substitutes. That being said, most common complaints have merit. I totally get why people are upset with lack of communication, long shipping times, etc. I don't understand the "Too many CE's" complaint though. I don't really understand being bothered by the existence of a product you don't want.
I think you're missing the point. I'm upset about him saying one thing and doing another. If anything, him coming in here just hurt his credibility since the things he said don't appear to be true.

I think you're missing the point. I'm upset about him saying one thing and doing another. If anything, him coming in here just hurt his credibility since the things he said don't appear to be true.
That's a fair criticism, but you're not the only one to level the "Too many CE's" complaint. I was questioning the complaint, not you specifically.

And I was getting dragged for seeing through Doug's BS since, yah know, I know a thing or two about product development, manufacturing and delivery.

The "too many CEs," issue is a larger perspective of spending so much time on developing those products, with little added value (i.e., lots of plastic garbage), while being so back logged in delivering them. CEs are routinely much, much later than standard editions in general.

From my perspective, stop offering them until you can get your supply chain right to deliver what you have in a timely manner. And then build CEs that are unique to the release, something really neat and novel, not just folded posters, acrylic standees, keychains, and am incomplete OST.

And then locking the Steelbook behind all of that...

CEs, their development, production, storage, and delivery are obviously pretty bad and likely are profitable, but also require more overhead due crap tat and shipping damage. They probably benefit greatly from the fact that no one ever opens them...

And I was getting dragged for seeing through Doug's BS since, yah know, I know a thing or two about product development, manufacturing and delivery.
The "too many CEs," issue is a larger perspective of spending so much time on developing those products, with little added value (i.e., lots of plastic garbage), while being so back logged in delivering them. CEs are routinely much, much later than standard editions in general.
From my perspective, stop offering them until you can get your supply chain right to deliver what you have in a timely manner. And then build CEs that are unique to the release, something really neat and novel, not just folded posters, acrylic standees, keychains, and am incomplete OST.
And then locking the Steelbook behind all of that...
CEs, their development, production, storage, and delivery are obviously pretty bad and likely are profitable, but also require more overhead due crap tat and shipping damage. They probably benefit greatly from the fact that no one ever opens them...
I mean yeah this echoes my thoughts a lot too. It’s not that games don’t deserve CEs or whatnot, it’s the fact they flood their production line with a bajillion skus and CEs, which clog the backlog immensely, and leads to quality dips that are inexcusable. I mentioned and ranted about my BMZ3 tank being broken in shrinkwrap because yeah, if you ship something in a warehouse that *is broken while in shrinkwrap* that is extraordinarily stupid to not miss, especially when it happens to multiple people AND the package was packed so good that shipping damage is out if the question (especially when my box was untouched.)

This isn’t even getting into shit like the shiren thing I tout as my breaking point, doom’s repro comic having horrid printer ink quality, or even the downgrade in label resolution from BMZ1/2 to BMZ3 CE, they just generally are cheaping out all around and adding 10+ CE skus a month on top of a growing pile of old CEs is just straining *everything*, let alone the fact their warehouse is so jammed in hand purchases can take 2 months to ship. 2 months!!! That’s inexcusable IMO.

I still find it the most amusing that doug just went about how he offered me a replacement tank and doesn’t get why I was mad despite publicly saying it was the general QC not improving i was upset with, along with how uh, he DM’d me constantly instead of being a man and replying to my public tweets about that, then throwing a pity party when i stood my ground to not roll over on something that shouldn’t happen to begin with. It’s mindblowing how public criticism just makes him shut down and go “no not true” instead of using it as a blueprint to improve. People keep telling ya to improve QC and communication and going “we’re working on it!” For 3 years and kicking the can constantly will come to bite you eventually.

My final current order is the Valis Collection CE which is starting to hit people, but I haven’t seem too much impressions of it yet. I bundled with the vinyl which I’m OK with waiting on, but I swear, if even that final CE feels cheap…

I chuckle at the thought of the 2000-3000 people that have "Garbage Mountain" in their basements from these CEs, drowning in them, that literally no one is going going give a crap about in 10 years cuz they are neither high quality nor desirable.  The market is saturated.  No one cares about any of these products.  For every box that goes to the moon there are five others that are losing substantial value. 

It's just a different breed of gambling addict. 

Can someone explain what’s going on?
Only speaking or trying to explain to your question:

- Vita carts stopped being manufactured from Sony ~31/Mar/2019.

- Companies had to provide sony with product codes in June of 2018 as well ; a lead time on physical games to help project manufacturing.

- First wave was new games/carts being released in US unless they had obtained additional quantities (like LRG)

- Later waves then were other regions i.e. Japan/APAC(Asia-Pacific)and other distributers there (PlayAsia, etc).

- Distributors continued to release games on carts but there was innately a bit of a 'who can be the last company to release "The Last Vita Game" on cart.... competition.

- LRG had also mentioned if a customer acquired physical copies to all LR-101 Vita titles and provided proof with images, they would be entitled to purchase or obtain the last release (The Bird King - Vita) game from them, if not the last vita release from any company.

- It has then become a topic not frequently updated or swept under the rug meanwhile, allowing other companies to release their last vita releases over time. (Many were manufactured prior to the deadlines/cutoffs etc). It just feels as if everyone is holding 1 back to keep the competition alive, and be the official 'last company to release a Vita Title".

(Again, this is what I understood loosely from threads, discussions, and posts, and may not be exactly 100% accurate or I may have missed some pieces, so paraphrasing here my sentiments). I also read Doug's reply to be like "The competition is alive and well" with his response....

Again - just trying to explain based on your request and also acknowledge everyone's thought's feelings in the threads and that - they are usually valid. Long shipping times, Long wait times, sometimes damaged product upon receipt, a request of more clear & concise communication. At this point, my sole interest now with LRG is pretty much this last title, since I'm 1 LRG vita game away (and its en route via shipping) and would want that one added to my collection too. (Which i do open, play, and sometimes even trade/sell once completed (platinum obtained) for PS4 other LRG games, especially where I doubt I'll have a future interest in replaying or passing along. Hang in there everyone, hope your shipments arrive undamaged &/or earlier than expected. :razz:

I don't have anything useful to add other than to confirm Bird King is a gigantic piece of shit.
This game looks and feels like a 99 cent bundle fodder only game. I played it when it was on sale for a cent on the PSN I think and it does suck. I really want the Shin Chan game, but as of now my orders are just about completed, as I got the shipping notice for Gotta Protectors finally.

This game looks and feels like a 99 cent bundle fodder only game. I played it when it was on sale for a cent on the PSN I think and it does suck. I really want the Shin Chan game, but as of now my orders are just about completed, as I got the shipping notice for Gotta Protectors finally.
????? wut? I got my copy of Gotta Protectors in my hands and you only just got shipping notice now? Man, just how unorganized is their shipping department...

I had Phantom Breaker in the same order, so that likely held it up. LRG are similar to Play-Asia where they only ship when everything is in your order. This has screwed a many on Play-Asia, so be careful if you order lots of stuff in far away months. I need to try Moon before committing to getting it physical. I did buy it digital when it went on sale a while back.

????? wut? I got my copy of Gotta Protectors in my hands and you only just got shipping notice now? Man, just how unorganized is their shipping department...
I have an order of standard games that I ordered more then a year ago all saying they are ready to ship for about 2 months now. Love alot of the games they sell, not a huge fan of the wait times. Since I started paying attention, once my orders say their ready Its been about a month or two of waiting at least before they ship. That's just how LRG is sometimes, unfortunately.

Is there any physical evidence that a run of Bird King was printed physically, or are we just going by their words from the past?

There's been at least one copy on eBay and Doug has confirmed it exists on Twitter, so they're real. Whether there are any real plans to actually distribute them is another story.

Is there any physical evidence that a run of Bird King was printed physically, or are we just going by their words from the past?
They put a few in the last run of Vita blind boxes. Some made it to EBay. Also, at one point I believe it was Josh, posted a picture of a shelf that had Bird King Vita on it, it was the first physical evidence they existed.

And there has been confirmation that “they’re working on figuring out distribution of it” up until shortly before Super Meat Boy finished leaving their warehouse. That’s been over 6 months now though so it seems very much like they would like everyone to just forget it exists.

Edit- did a quick Google search and managed to find this video from what appears to be a super collector:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BnvqiUozYRk

I say super collector because he just casually pans up to 1001 Spikes, Binding of Isaac, and VVVVVV physical releases which also only exist in very, very small quantities.

Doug said right here months ago that they weren’t sure how they would do it because they were worried they would make people mad either way lol

I’m pretty sure they damaged their goodwill with vita owners bad enough with that meat boy ce they never explained so I don’t see how they could do it much worse. Might as well get it out of the way unless they have a stupid ce planned

Doug said right here months ago that they weren’t sure how they would do it because they were worried they would make people mad either way lol

I’m pretty sure they damaged their goodwill with vita owners bad enough with that meat boy ce they never explained so I don’t see how they could do it much worse. Might as well get it out of the way unless they have a stupid ce planned
In typical LRG fashion they bit off more than they could chew without a plan when they announced the set bonus, doubled-down by saying it would be available for even people who bought on the secondary market, and now they have no idea how to fulfill their promises.

They’ve already tracked back to their early buyers to send that vita box coin bonus a couple years ago, so it seems clear they aren’t completely devoid of records from those early days. Then again there’s the promise for not buying every game from then still being eligible so that’s a pretty big wrinkle, not to mention with blind boxes it was possible to get every game direct from them without a specific record of what you bought. It’s a mess, for sure, but they created this mess, people relied on their promise in continuing to buy the Vita games, they’ve gotta make good on their promise.

bread's done
Back