Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Doug said right here months ago that they weren’t sure how they would do it because they were worried they would make people mad either way lol

I’m pretty sure they damaged their goodwill with vita owners bad enough with that meat boy ce they never explained so I don’t see how they could do it much worse. Might as well get it out of the way unless they have a stupid ce planned
a few years ago LRG did a stupid CE for some left over copies of breach & clear for vita

For those that Kickstarted the physical copy of Romancelvania (they partnered with LRG) they are giving a free digital copy of the game at no additional charge. I kickstarted just the physical PS5 version and I elected to get a PS5 digital copy (choices are PS5, XBox Series, or PC.) Same option is being given to people that kickstarted the PS4 or Switch digital versions.

Kao the kangaroo (yea I know it's probably trash) is at GameStop before my limited run copy lol.

I could easily turn this company around. They did the hard part I don't understand how you are failing the easy part.

I would love to look at the financial situation because something isn't adding up.

Kao the kangaroo (yea I know it's probably trash) is at GameStop before my limited run copy lol.

I could easily turn this company around. They did the hard part I don't understand how you are failing the easy part.

I would love to look at the financial situation because something isn't adding up.
I think it's simply: they're just not that good at the supply chain side of business.

Curse of the Dead Gods is a great game but I already bought it on Xbox a long time ago because I enjoyed it on game pass and then it was free on PS Plus. If you like Hades I think you would enjoy it, very similar style of game.

I’d be fascinated to know how many completionists are still out there buying every numbered release for any system, or even every system.
They release on average almost three games every week. How the hell does anyone have that much disposable income to spend on average $450 a month on games from them. They currently have 47 different preorder game skus on the front page of the site. 47!

Plus the fact you are charged when you buy I don't know how any completionist would be able to afford all of it.

I really just want to see Vengeful Guardian: Moonrider show up on Amazon already. That is the only way I would consider picking it up physically. I will probably just end up buying it on Steam anyway.

I'm pretty much done buying games direct from Limited Publishers now unless they surprise me with something I really want. I have one preorder left with Strictly Limited (Ray'Z Arcade and Drainus), one with Special Reserve thanks BroForce :censored: and two with LRG and I can finally I done with all of them.

I’d be fascinated to know how many completionists are still out there buying every numbered release for any system, or even every system.
At one point Josh said that there are about 75 people who bought the mega bundle every week. This is old info, so I don't know how many of those are still sticking with it. Two other full setters I know of stopped. One that recently stopped is a mod on their Discord server. Not only was he a LRG full setter he was a PS4 full setter too, but no longer doing it.

How the hell does anyone have that much disposable income to spend on average $450 a month on games from them. They currently have 47 different preorder game skus on the front page of the site. 47!
I throw $500 a week minimum into savings and am currently doubling or tripling my house payment as well. So I can see how it's done. My only debt is my house. If I didn't have kids and inherited a house that was paid off... I probably could have easily fallen into the trap of hoard collecting. Thankfully I've seen enough crazy collections (some in my own family, though not gaming) and hoarding (mostly on tv) to realize that having an excess of stuff isn't the way. I'd rather hoard money, lean a little more minimal (but not minimalist at all), buy what I really want, and let go of stuff that I don't really need or am done with.

Not only was he a LRG full setter he was a PS4 full setter too, but no longer doing it.
While it's a shame it took the guy so long to break... good for him facing reality and getting out. Having bragging rights of a full set isn't worth much in the grand scheme of things.

....Thankfully I've seen enough crazy collections (some in my own family, though not gaming) and hoarding (mostly on tv) to realize that having an excess of stuff isn't the way. I'd rather hoard money, lean a little more minimal (but not minimalist at all), buy what I really want, and let go of stuff that I don't really need or am done with.
I wish I could do this. I have so many excess games and books lying around that I just can't bring myself to unload...

I am trying my hardest to be more selective on why physical games and CEs I buy, though. Buying a Steamdeck really killed my desire to keep buying physical Switch games.

Last edited by a moderator:
At one point Josh said that there are about 75 people who bought the mega bundle every week. This is old info, so I don't know how many of those are still sticking with it. Two other full setters I know of stopped. One that recently stopped is a mod on their Discord server. Not only was he a LRG full setter he was a PS4 full setter too, but no longer doing it.
Kudos to the the PS4 setter. I'm all for folks spending their money as they please. All I'll say though is that IMHO collecting sets means you're buying a whole lot of stuff that you have zero interest in playing/enjoying (at least besides the satisfaction of having it sit on a shelf or a box).

I wish I could do this. I have so many excess games and books lying around that I just can't bring myself to unload...

I am trying my hardest to be more selective on why physical games and CEs I buy, though. Buying a Steamdeck really killed my desire to keep buying physical Switch games.
The older I get, the easier it is. Looking at games and other things (movies, tv shows, comics, etc) I've had little interest in over the last decade (or two) has helped. Making hard decisions though is part of it. I used to be into the whole steam indie (and sometimes not indie) bundle thing until I looked at what I played and realized I needed to just go cold turkey. It's just as easy to go overboard on digital when things are cheap as diving deep into any bargain bin/shelf looking for random deals on things I didn't want when they first came around.

This year so far I've bought nothing at all in gaming. I am maintaining a list of what I definitely want and things I'll seriously consider. I want the next Zelda along with any DQ games and Xenoblade (hopefully a physical of the dlc story for XC3 like we got for Torna). Beyond that, Professor Layton & The World of Steam (I have a full set of the english releases), DecaPolice, and the new Fantasy Life game. The last two are questionable, Layton is very likely a buy.

I'm considering a handful or so other games... most of which I'll probably pass on unless I actually get back to seriously playing games soon and want to play something or just cave because a deal is too good to pass up.

Got a UPS notification last night for shipping info and I had no idea wtf it was.

Opened my front door today and it was Dead Space CE

Never had a game arrive that fast before lmao

Got a UPS notification last night for shipping info and I had no idea wtf it was.

Honestly regret sleeping on this- told myself, "do I really want to wait another X months for something that's ready to ship?" and then just forgot about it.

But then I'm looking at some of my orders that have been sitting there for 1.5 yrs and figure it's prob not worth being too upset over since this is prob an anomaly for shipping so quickly.

Sounds like you have delivery alert notifications turned on with the UPS and yes, they send those out the day before so you know what's coming when. I have it setup on UPS, Fedex, and the USPS. The USPS will take pictures of all the mail which is nice when you are expecting something.

Kbob often wondered sales numbers and I generally stopped paying attention a while ago, but with how the carbon stuff interests me + no footage of this set ever showing during preorder phases i looked at the javascripts last night and uh, well

PS platforms for the boy and his blob retro collection were both under 1K, with PS4 being very dire (not even 500), and the Switch SKUs combined failed to hit 3K. So at least for this set you’ll probably see lots of stock at places like VGP…

Me thinks people just dont wanna wait 6 months for a standard anymore.

One could speculate many reasons, such as the rising cost of everything that makes people unable to pay now for games later or the fact that people may be getting burnt out. 

LRG has been non-stop pumping out new games, and not what I would call winners for a gross majority of them, such that people are seeing shelves full of sealed games they have no interest in playing.  Potentially seeing an uptick of sell offs in groups, to include people trying to push limited print games that are getting retail reprints.  I think the gold rush season may be coming to an end.  If they choose to focus on high demand titles or cult classics, that would be my wisdom on the matter.

I'm surprised they even push for any platform besides Nintendo.  Many publishers in other regions, to include our glorious English producing SEA variants, cut PlayStation releases.  Add in the fact that LRG made it impossible to import their games (lol), and you might have a bunch of angry folks now, as well.

And then you have one of the "owners" taking the piss on twitter at 3:00am, so...

They're probably fine.

It's most definitely burn out, but I also don't think people collect for Switch, and especially PS4/PS5, like they did for Vita. Also, at the height of their Vita output, the only way to get some of those games physically, in English, or at all, was through LRG. That just isn't the case with the PS4 and especially Switch.

Buying for Vita was a huge FOMO experience.  Limited quantities on most everything, short buying window to make a decision, a pretty much dead system at retail with hardware being liquidated along with retail games, and the entire physical library before LRG stepped in to copy vblank was ~200 games deep with very little fluff (thus very compelling to collect them all).   Plus the pace of releases wasn't as crazy as it is now so your main factor wasn't money as much as it was playing the purchasing lottery on the days they had vita games to get your order in.   I don't see why anyone would stick with trying to collect seriously for any of the modern systems.  Vita was lightning in a bottle and it worked for a small library system to publish whatever cheap digital only game came their way because it was digital that was keeping the vita alive.

One could speculate many reasons, such as the rising cost of everything that makes people unable to pay now for games later or the fact that people may be getting burnt out.
LRG has been non-stop pumping out new games, and not what I would call winners for a gross majority of them, such that people are seeing shelves full of sealed games they have no interest in playing. Potentially seeing an uptick of sell offs in groups, to include people trying to push limited print games that are getting retail reprints. I think the gold rush season may be coming to an end. If they choose to focus on high demand titles or cult classics, that would be my wisdom on the matter.
I'm surprised they even push for any platform besides Nintendo. Many publishers in other regions, to include our glorious English producing SEA variants, cut PlayStation releases. Add in the fact that LRG made it impossible to import their games (lol), and you might have a bunch of angry folks now, as well.
And then you have one of the "owners" taking the piss on twitter at 3:00am, so...
They're probably fine.
The gold rush point is absolutely what I’m thinking. That’s why i hope the carbon stuff they keep touting ends up being an *actual* preservation effort to get a lot of good obscurities out, and Rendering Ranger R2 is a great pick, but with how the bill and ted set turned out (and apparently has crashing issues on PS5, bafflingly) I’m pretty much betting they’re banking the whole company on that initiative: can’t see them selling 10K physicals of much unless it’s like, a Castlevania DS collection, but with how QC problems still pop up everywhere and in-hand stuff takes forever to ship due to a crunched warehouse, this cannot be sustainable.

Also would perfectly explain why xbox physicals announced at last year’s LRG3 vanished. If Boy/blob bombed this badly on the main systems, I cannot imagine it would be safe to release on XBO as originally announced. Though they shot themselves in the foot by putting up orders pre-development finishing and such… Makes me think the javascript sales numbers were more accurate than doug led us to believe considering how low they were for everything xbox that wasn’t TMNT, and how Josh outright said pogs didn’t do well after a similar check of that field turned up with low sales.

They ended up releasing the pogs? I remember seeing something about it and thinking “ok, sure” and then never saw anything else on it so I assumed they pulled back.

I think I’d tend to disagree a little about Switch not being a system people collect for. I think of the current consoles it seems to have the most devoted collecting fanbase. On the flip side though, there’s just so much out there now that I tend to think people aren’t being as completionist with it as they were with Vita or even other Nintendo systems.

That, coupled with people getting burned multiple times now with post-LRG releases being more extensive (just today I saw there’s a new version of Panzer Dragoon with latest updates) or cheaper (still point to those Star Wars double packs costing them future sales and loyalty).

They ended up releasing the pogs? I remember seeing something about it and thinking “ok, sure” and then never saw anything else on it so I assumed they pulled back.

I think I’d tend to disagree a little about Switch not being a system people collect for. I think of the current consoles it seems to have the most devoted collecting fanbase. On the flip side though, there’s just so much out there now that I tend to think people aren’t being as completionist with it as they were with Vita or even other Nintendo systems.

That, coupled with people getting burned multiple times now with post-LRG releases being more extensive (just today I saw there’s a new version of Panzer Dragoon with latest updates) or cheaper (still point to those Star Wars double packs costing them future sales and loyalty).
If publishers just made boxier Switch game cases, with room for more art, and wider spines for elaborate text, then Switch games would be incredibly more collectable.

Add a dash of color instruction manuals here or there. Or even a tiny map or 'tips' insert. I'm surprised that nobody has done it yet. They'd sell a TON of physical games. While allllllll these other companies have been cashing in by capitalizing on the retro craze for several years already.

Yeah they did, they just took forever to produce. Seems they actually came out in good quality if you liked those sorts of things, but the RCG/Shantae ones took over a year. The Turok ones were I believe the one I got tipped off didn’t do so hot and well, I believe those were also the last ones as a result.

The Valis Collection II Skate Deck sold under 100 per the LRG site Javascript when that was for order, so if skate decks suddenly vanish that would be why (never checked to see how the konami arcade one did)

I finally got an old order in today and it has Phantom Breaker Omnia. Of course it's also $9.99 right now on PSN, and maybe I just sell it not sure. It's been way too long since I ordered it haha.

This!

(posted by flybrione):

I'm pretty much done buying games direct from Limited Publishers now unless they surprise me with something I really want. I have one preorder left with Strictly Limited (Ray'Z Arcade and Drainus), one with Special Reserve thanks BroForce :censored: and two with LRG and I can finally I done with all of them.

This!

(posted by flybrione):

Same. I have a couple of orders waiting with LRG directly (including the SNK Vol 2, and my large order from their blow out sale last year that's just sitting on "ready" status), but it's Amazon or Best Buy with them unless absolutely necessary. I also have Ray's at SLG. I'm also going to start getting way more particular with what Switch games I buy from now on, which will help massively.

I have 2 "blind" orders from the Jan 1st sale.  The first and last time will order from them.  Expected to get them "end of Q1 2023".  I just keep checking in here to see if anyone else has received their "blind" orders.

I have 2 "blind" orders from the Jan 1st sale. The first and last time will order from them. Expected to get them "end of Q1 2023". I just keep checking in here to see if anyone else has received their "blind" orders.
FYI, Q1 2023 hasn't technically ended until 4/1.

It's most definitely burn out, but I also don't think people collect for Switch, and especially PS4/PS5, like they did for Vita. Also, at the height of their Vita output, the only way to get some of those games physically, in English, or at all, was through LRG. That just isn't the case with the PS4 and especially Switch.
How sad and ironic that the company started in part by the guy who wants to have full physical sets of every console's library has made it prohibitive for modern consoles and nearly impossible for future generations.

How sad and ironic that the company started in part by the guy who wants to have full physical sets of every console's library has made it prohibitive for modern consoles and nearly impossible for future generations.
Post of the month. :applause: I don't think I could have better described how LRG has ruined (collector) things in a single sentence.

It's become the company of exorbitant, mail-order Shovelware & Shit, and that was a few years ago. Some may think that's a bit harsh, but that's what happens when you devalue your brand so hard. Congratulations, you are now the Mary Kay cosmetics or Rodan & Fields of physical games. Premium only in price.

Good game of course, albeit a distro title. I mainly want Shin-Chan and maybe Moon, but I'm not sure I want anymore orders from them. Just got my last set of games and it feels good.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1633543740769054720?s=20
If they would have released this last year I would have been all over it. I love this game I played it so much on Gamepass and I waited so long for a physical Switch version to be released. The developers hinted at it for a long while but when I got a steam deck this was one of the first games I bought. I got the game and the DLC for like $6 I no loner need to have this physically in my collection.

If this shows up on Amazon and is on sale or part of a sale in the future then I may consider it. This and Moonrider on Amazon please!

I highly recommend this game. It is a very fun deck building and character lane strategy game.

One of my all time favorites in the genre next to Slay the Spire.

Got my Contra mid-tier edition yesterday, so I'm down to 10 orders all from last year I don't have yet. (The big KOTOR 1 & Castlevania Requiem CE's & all 8 orders placed between July-Dec. 2022.)

Also I have Romancelvania coming from them that's already paid for via Kickstarter, but anyone that preordered a physical copy (or PS4/Switch digital) also got a code of their choice for PS5/Series S&X/Steam so I just took the PS5 code and will keep my PS5 physical copy sealed when it arrives in 2024 or whenever.

Still waiting for Gotta Protectors to hit retail partners, one of the few physicals I missed.

Monster Train is rad, but I already have it on Steam and don't see the value of a Switch dip.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1633218953244815362?s=20
This game fucking rules and I loved reviewing it on Steam, even with steam deck compatibility being very odd there. I'd definitely buy a Switch physical if it wasn't from LRG and it seems numskull is doing just that in the PAL region...

But really? That CE is like, Infernax levels of bad. Screams "CE made to fill a CE quota". The pin better be the best damn pin in the universe for being the only noteworthy item. A steelbook with the cool art on the EU box would be outstanding but alas, i guess they don't like good ideas now

bread's done
Back