Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Hey Doug, while you're here lemme drop a few random questions :)

1) Is there any hope for Sorcer Striker/ Mahou Daisukusen for PS4 from you?

2) A long time ago we had a short conversation about porting those classic Sierra adventures to Switch, maybe even with an LRG-branded wireless keyboard. Could that still happen?

3) Do you by now know the measurements for the TMNT Radical Edition box? 

4) In that vein, is there any classic beat'em up coming soon? Kung Fury was a good start but there's always moar!  :bouncy:

Doug liking the comment about not putting distros in blind boxes... so does that mean you're going to change that?
If anything i still find it befuddling to see the majority of the steelbox blind bag photos I see consist of mostly PJM2, even if they order 4-6 or more

Like, it seems pretty silly to not even *try* to mix those up? It’s pretty much this year’s Jumanji and I don’t see steelbook blinds in general being viable if they get this much unsold stock of the same kind

'Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack' is a good game worthy of a physical release. I've played it to death on Vita, so I won't be getting it, but still a solid release.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1643267319383179264?cxt=HHwWgIC-rfW6h84tAAAA

Didn't see this one posted here yet. This is what I probably will use my $5 off coupon on.

Heard lots of good things about this one.

Edit: I ordered this today for PS5 and used my $5 off coupon. Basically equals free shipping.

Looking forward to playing this when it arrives.

Last edited by a moderator:
As an EA backer and someone with over 100 hours in that game, The Last Spell is a great "one of those."

With "those" being an incredibly niche genre of tactical, turn-based, tower defense RPG with city builder and roguelike elements.  With zombies. 

So yea, if that slew of words entices you, you'll want it.  It can be hard as balls and lots of grind, but there are ways around both those issues, if you're just wanting to poke at it.

Glad its a distro title.  I'll probably get a Switch copy as a display piece at a later date.

'Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack' is a good game worthy of a physical release. I've played it to death on Vita, so I won't be getting it, but still a solid release.
It and the original Tales From Space: About A Blob were indeed well worth playing for anyone that likes puzzle platformers. I think the original was free on PS+ and then the sequel (Mutant Blobs Attack) was either free on PS+ or I got on sale for $1. But good fun, but not something I need a physical of.

I'm fine just sticking with the ps3/vita versions especially since I'm about to setup a game room and just have all my game systems hooked up so the convenience of rebuying games I own on modern systems won't be as big a selling point outside of the series I follow the most.

Really glad LRG is slowing down on those releases....................................................................................................

So wait lunark’s ce is in new standardized packaging but these two april games don’t seem to be in the mockups..?

Does this mean these will take a year to ship or not because there’s no trading card

LimitedRunDoug, is there a reason the price for Justice Chronicles changed this morning?

psYcwbDl.jpeg

ydme9Qml.jpg

Was going to order it and use my $5 off coupon, but seeing the coupon basically invalidated before I make my purchase is quite off-putting.

EDIT: Just to add to this, yes, the PS5 version changed price sometime this morning as well.

w3p09pLm.jpg
9AvviNom.jpg

LimitedRunDoug, is there a reason the price for Justice Chronicles changed this morning?

Was going to order it and use my $5 off coupon, but seeing the coupon basically invalidated before I make my purchase is quite off-putting.

EDIT: Just to add to this, yes, the PS5 version changed price sometime this morning as well.

w3p09pLm.jpg
9AvviNom.jpg
Kemco PS4 standards used to be $25 at one point so uh, seeing this kind of hike is rather absurd. Switch parity i get (those carts are expensive) but for stuff like this that isn’t in switch and is cheap to make… $25/30 seems like the fair spot and I have to believe it’s in error at this point.

Do they at least get a manual with this game?

I mean, at least it's not an Excrete game.

I did my Kemco research and I could see paying that much for a collection of their games, but $35 for a D-tier JRPG seems not great. 

More so when Ara Fell and Rise of the Third Power were in a bundle for only $5 more.

Are these even hitting close to MOQ in sales?

Granted it's an older release (early 2020), but I just cracked open Legend of the Tetrarchs last night and it only has a little insert/leaflet. I imagine that is the norm for these anymore.
PS4/Vita games have usually been health/safety stuff from the beginning so that isn’t a surprise: on Switch it was promised games would have manuals or booklets for numbered titles at least, but then they eventually gave up on that even for numbered games. Really the only reason i ponder is I see no reason to hike the price of a PS4 standard up when the game’s inexpensive on PSN and there’s nothing fancy included (not even the IAP boosters these recent kemco games let you buy). This sort of thing was a usual safe $25/30 game and to see a SKU for $35 is… really silly even if I love this game.

I mean, at least it's not an Excrete game.
I did my Kemco research and I could see paying that much for a collection of their games, but $35 for a D-tier JRPG seems not great.
More so when Ara Fell and Rise of the Third Power were in a bundle for only $5 more.
Are these even hitting close to MOQ in sales?
the PS4 MOQ is 1K which is what this game is being printed at (why they dont have these in hand when they list locked quantities like in the old days, i dunno) but every instance of the javascript fields I’ve looked at for kemco stuff for their PS5 games were hardly ever above 1K for that system. I’d assume lower PS MOQ is why these games hit Playstation and not Switch since hardly anything hits 5K on LRG’s site these days and these kemco games absolutely would not in the slightest lol

If anything the blind boxes show where the excess MOQ goes outside of replacements and partner stores, and while I haven’t looked at the LRG fields in months myself even up to Decemberish the same damn javascript trick worked with the fields going up only when a transaction with that item was completed or if it was manually tweaked (which I noticed on Skatebird getting 30K manually added to the field during the preorder phase, which was phone) but they didnt even seem to do that too often

psYcwbDl.jpeg

ydme9Qml.jpg

w3p09pLm.jpg
9AvviNom.jpg
I was interested in this one as well but I just can't justice-fy it at $35.

Hey Doug, any chance of a PS4 version of the Humongous Collection? I know LRG did the Switch version, but sometimes you release other system versions later. I saw it on PSN the other day, & it just made me really want a physical copy. 

Oh shit, nice. Those plate cards are rare, since there's only one each I believe...
I'm simply unlucky when it comes to cards at LRG. Beyond not getting a single one of the promised gold fan edition cards, I just haven't even get any gold cards in years. Have gotten dozens of games in the last two to three years but always get silver cards.
Checking in on this as it popped into my head: but did you end up getting that gold fan bundle card from support

Also, i’m kinda baffled that kemco double packs are still a thing when SEA regions sell four in one pack…

Checking in on this as it popped into my head: but did you end up getting that gold fan bundle card from support

Also, i’m kinda baffled that kemco double packs are still a thing when SEA regions sell four in one pack…
Nope. They removed/changed the pages too and no longer describe out the individual items. So now, I can't prove that it was offered in the first place.

Nope. They removed/changed the pages too and no longer describe out the individual items. So now, I can't prove that it was offered in the first place.
Sooooo… Another stealth edit + bait and switch. On someone who spent hundreds at once. Totally a sign of a company who upended their CS/communication and improved after the last time that happened with a big expensive edition. (Not). I wonder if the old description is on the web archive anywhere..?

Considering how they stopped doing fanbundles lately (i didn’t see one last weekend at least), it sure seems like they wanna really ditch those cards. Not that it’ll explain why stuff like shantae PS4 is *just now* going into production because the game development was completed (meaning the preorders opened months ago for a port that wasn’t close to being done)

EDIT: I cannot find any trace of the Aug 5th 2021 fanbundle anywhere: I assume that’s the one you ordered? It would be when shantae III PS5 hit… did they nuke it from their site archive/google or something lol

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1646198121221832710?s=20
This, I don't understand. Since the English Asian release is already out, wouldn't almost everybody who wanted this game already gotten it from there? Sure, there'll always be someone late to the party, but I'm not sure those folks can carry a release by themselves. Well, what do I know. But I'm surprised.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1646158792441188353?s=20[/size]
It’s honestly funny how retro bit are easily way more communicative than LRG despite being much smaller of a company: you ask on twitter and they’ll usually answer quick. They give specific months for ETAs and note if something slips. Yet LRG can’t even give a firm timeframe for say, the SNES Rendering Ranger repro. Least stuff like Dragon View seems to be moving reasonably quick

This, I don't understand. Since the English Asian release is already out, wouldn't almost everybody who wanted this game already gotten it from there? Sure, there'll always be someone late to the party, but I'm not sure those folks can carry a release by themselves. Well, what do I know. But I'm surprised.
If it was a distro game that could get future reprints, I’d understand it for the sake of easy NA availability, but as a numbered game I dont see why this got picked to be a main LRG title. I can’t see this coming close to selling MOQ, so just… why bother ordering and waiting 3-8 months for a standard to ship when you could buy the JP/SEA versions this second? I think more people would bite if these just had the MOQ amount in hand but the rest as open preorder waits, ala Lumines remastered which was handled great

Never doubt the people who die on the "ESRB" hill.

Weird, since a physical game with English for cheaper and/or right now is more value than the little logo on the cover, but it will sell some titles.

As much as I'm up on Switch releases, I wasn't aware this got an Asian English release, or was a thing at all. I'd never heard of it, and had to Google it. I'm sure many others weren't aware either and thus might want to pick this up. I probably won't, though the game does look good.

I got an archive link: https://web.archive.org/web/20211202110118/https://limitedrungames.com/products/shantae-and-the-pirates-curse-fan-bundle

Doesn’t seem to promise the fan bundle card is gold but does promise a card is gold
Doesn’t matter anyway. Even when presented with proof and they acknowledge that a bundle’s content description was changed after purchase, Limited Run will do nothing to address that in my experience. I’ve already brought my issue up a few times, mostly just being annoying about it now to confirm that practice seems to come from the top down I guess. Would there be a web archive link of when the January 7th valis collection megabundle first went up compared to its contents description shortly after? Again, doesn’t really matter, but if anyone’s curious.

Doesn’t matter anyway. Even when presented with proof and they acknowledge that a bundle’s content description was changed after purchase, Limited Run will do nothing to address that in my experience. I’ve already brought my issue up a few times, mostly just being annoying about it now to confirm that practice seems to come from the top down I guess. Would there be a web archive link of when the January 7th valis collection megabundle first went up compared to its contents description shortly after? Again, doesn’t really matter, but if anyone’s curious.
if it got documented before the day it went for sale it might be on the web archive, but if they outright admitted they changed it and won't do anything to help you... That's still shitty. I've seen the same song and dance here and elsewhere before though and it seems unless the two in charge step out and let someone else run the company I don't think anything on that end will ever change. I'm still seeing people on twitter complain about an in-hand book or distro game taking 2+ weeks to ship as recently as this week, and that is the one aspect I'm bewildered they didn't just jump into overdrive and resolve a month after that started being an issue.

Yet that has been ongoing constantly since at least 2022 to the point you could buy something like demon's tilt from amazon and get it in mere days. They don't care and people here/lim print reddits keep pointing it out and the only thing in regards to a public PR I've seen is someone who gives the most robotic responses ever that's 1:1 what they note on the production pages.

https://twitter.com/SeafoamGaming/status/1646231333729861634

I seriously believe with how these responses are (It was no different when I was on their discord and they had different CMs and such) doug and josh are the only people who know the in-depth ETAs on components and items as there's zero reason why support/PR wouldn't be able to pinpoint that stuff to people impatiently waiting for items that *don't* get covered in the digests, like Rendering Ranger R2's repro carts as I noted earlier, and people shouldn't have to play a goose chase with two CEOs in order to find out how far along their damn item is. I mentioned when the shiren thing blew up and will forever do so that if I or my friend never brought up the issue, nobody would have emailed the other customers who got that item. They would have never gotten any indication that game got a code swap if they never opened it and weren't turned into social media and the like.

Meanwhile I'm just waiting on the Valis Vinyl, which has a current ETA of late Q2 (so probably june, which is what i expected when i ordered last year), and then that's me being done with buying anything from LRG's site. Carbon Engine is the only thing that perks my interest as I've said here before (even if Bill and Ted does not inspire confidence there), but even that I'll just buy digitally, and i'm just in limprint communities to see if they'll ever fix their QC problems or inability to communicate or help those like you, and for the sake of getting updates to my friends who *do* still buy from limprints like SLG, SRG, LRG, because it sure seems that getting updates on a community forum like this is easier than them bothering to email everyone who purchased the items in question.

Their Discord had feedback and AMA channels to inquire about status updates or give feedback on QC when I was there, but I don't think they ever actually used much of that feedback nor answered much of anything. Part of me hopes they'll do what Strictly did and get a big rush of a bunch of overdue items in at once to streamline production and shipping and get on a faster track, but I still keep doubting it.

A month ago I bought a few replacement switch cases/alternate case art they have had on hand forever that have yet to ship…
And that further proves my point: if they can’t ship a simple case out in under a month… what is going on at that warehouse? It can’t possibly be well managed. I speculated crunch in my LRG article and I’m still convinced something like that is the cause

And that further proves my point: if they can’t ship a simple case out in under a month… what is going on at that warehouse? It can’t possibly be well managed. I speculated crunch in my LRG article and I’m still convinced something like that is the cause
Probably no investment in warehouse software. Good software should make packing/shipping simple.

It looks like plenty of investments are being made at the warehouse, just not in the areas that will help customers....

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/1631059367008010244

bread's done
Back