Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Not happy with LRG right now. I moved last year and updated the address on several orders I was waiting on. I find out today that the person who now lives at my old place brought two things from LRG over to my bro who lived next door. Not only did they send them to wrong address but I never got a shipped email and their site doesn't show any of my orders having shipped recently. Really screwed up when the site shows the shipping address as my new one. I'm lucky those people brought them to him or I never would have even known that the items had been shipped and delivered.
FWIW, I received a generic email from LRG yesterday with a link to update addresses. It wasn't tied to a specific order being about to ship like the previous emails.

A lot can change in just a few weeks, so we must ask a burning question—have you recently moved?

We want to ensure that your orders get to the right place, so help us help you. Take a look at your orders and ensure that your shipping address is correct and up-to-date.

If you find that you need to make an update, please click the button below and fill out a support ticket:

CHANGE YOUR ADDRESS

Once our support agents have helped you, go back to your account page and confirm that the address looks correct.

PLEASE NOTE: Address changes made after your items are prepared to ship may not be honored. To ensure the correct delivery of your items, please make changes as soon as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got that too.  No, I haven’t moved recently.  Yes, I have been waiting 6 weeks for a $3 switch case / alt art that has been in stock for years.

I got that too. No, I haven’t moved recently. Yes, I have been waiting 6 weeks for a $3 switch case / alt art that has been in stock for years.
The fact this still happens despite the folks up high who’d be able to change it knowing for ages is fully bewildering to me. Wouldn’t be shocked if dropping everything for Jedi Survivor causes more delays.

It would be smart if they set up a separate shipping team (within the main shipping team) for in stock items even if that's just a day or two a week (mon/thu?) that the members of that "team" come together to ship out all the instock (not preorder) items they can and otherwise work on the main shipping team.  Or they need to move in stock items to the store or just stop doing in stock items and farm that over to amazon who have the logistics to push this (though I'm sure that would kill the margins having to feed the Amazon beast).

It would be smart if they set up a separate shipping team (within the main shipping team) for in stock items even if that's just a day or two a week (mon/thu?) that the members of that "team" come together to ship out all the instock (not preorder) items they can and otherwise work on the main shipping team. Or they need to move in stock items to the store or just stop doing in stock items and farm that over to amazon who have the logistics to push this (though I'm sure that would kill the margins having to feed the Amazon beast).
This is actually the case now (a team for in stock items), and we should start seeing the results soon!

This is actually the case now (a team for in stock items), and we should start seeing the results soon!
That's going to be great once they get caught up and can process things in a timely fashion. Thanks again for popping in. if it's not clear, I think most of us are pretty invested in the behind the scenes happenings. It's nice to see progress.

So recapping changes/improvements:

• Shipping stuff is sorted on the tracking and things should be shipping quicker once they get in
  • Mass emails to remind people that they need to contact cs to change their address if they moved
  • In stock items should start shipping more rapidly outside the big cue system (I'd imagine once they work through the backlog of in stock orders and are caught up)
  • Waiting to do preorders until after a game has gone through more steps of the process and actually be ready for printing (hopefully speeding up the turnaround time on preorders)
  • This fall the past contracts should be worked through so the overall amount of stuff being produced being dialed back to a more curated group of offerings with much attention on carbon engine games
  • Streamlining collectors editions to omit things that have extended production times beyond reasonable
  • Standardizing many collectors versions to a same size plastic box (which we are already seeing) and saving the oversized boxes for special releases

I know it's better to lean on the side of caution, and I still am, but it seems like we are seeing some things getting done, things we should see happen soon, and then other things later this year that should ease most of the core problems. There will always be ways to improve but just having the bulk of things out of the way will make my purchase decisions easier.

Toitles Radical editions now Q3 per new email.  At least I'll have a lightsaber with no blade tomorrow! (blade on the way from ebay prolly next week)

So recapping changes/improvements:
There haven't been any changes or improvements.

There has been TALK.

Stop using your customers as venture capital and deliver the goods they paid for. Or else stop charging up front. END OF STORY.

The gravy train is over bros. Sales are down across the board and that's why you're here. You don't get THOUSANDS of items as endless Kickstarters in perpetuity and forever. You are a big boy publisher now. So start acting like one. No more free passes. Time to start acting like the professional, adult company you claim to be. The good will has run out. That was three years ago.

Toitles Radical editions now Q3 per new email. At least I'll have a lightsaber with no blade tomorrow! (blade on the way from ebay prolly next week)
I remember when josh got mad on twitter when signature edition sarcastically told someone their version would arrive before LRG’s in April, last June. Then Sig’s CE shipped before LRG’s standards and now it seems the ultra CE is later than April which means Sig ed was being generous.

Glad LRG at least informed customers on this but I feel delays like this, even if expected and unavoidable (this seems to be component related which, they can’t speed up much on their end) are what irk customers the most.

There has been TALK.

Stop using your customers as venture capital and deliver the goods they paid for. Or else stop charging up front. END OF STORY.

The gravy train is over bros. Sales are down across the board and that's why you're here. You don't get THOUSANDS of items as endless Kickstarters in perpetuity and forever. You are a big boy publisher now. So start acting like one. No more free passes. Time to start acting like the professional, adult company you claim to be. The good will has run out. That was three years ago.
I mean I’ve been saying that since late 2021 (so a year and a half in, myself) and even in that old ass first article i gave suggestions for improving QC and goodwill yet they ignored then. Not to mention all the stuff in their discord’s feedback channel that just went… ignored for several of the years I was there (some of that I see listed above, but suggested by people as far back as 2020). Dunno how it’s been there since I left, but back then people were wanting the transparency we’re seeing proposed now.

I do see a lot of good things in the list nightc1 posted but like that 2021 pledge it’s all talk until change happens, and I concur that it is still pretty weird to me how this is the community that is reached out to for feedback rather than the limprint reddits, LRG discord, their social media, etc: i guess since this is a good source of long term and ex long term customers it makes sense, but… yeah I’ll see it before I believe it and will just continue to wait for that Valis Vinyl to ship to close my book.

now Shadowmoses12 is stealing my job 

giphy.gif

Doug just low key comes here to get advice.

We should charge him a consultation fee.

I'll add shipping insurance for free, even.

... Which, remember, they committed time to getting and ensuring it's automatically added to every order before fixing a litany of other things first...

There has been TALK.

A lot of those changes already started.

To be fair, LRG is one of the largest publisher of console games, period. No one even comes close. The take it before you make it business model is a little past its prime for LRG's size. It's not like you print 8 games a year and if you get stuck with copies, you're out of business. As it is, being owned by Embracer, you have a safety net. Plus, it works for Super Rare Games quite well. 

I’m excited for Alien Isolation. I was on the main Nintendo Switch subreddit looking at the thread there and whooboy were the comments overwhelmingly negative about LRG. I know it can get a bit echo-chambery here but I was absolutely shocked at the amount of negativity toward LRG on that subreddit. That’s not great.

Also apparently some posters are saying LRGis being a bit cagey about whether there will be a download required for the physical release when asked on Twitter (I’d go looking for it myself but I try to avoid the Twitter hellscape)? That’s my only hang up personally now, if it’s all on cart, I’m all on board because this is one of a handful of games I’ve really been wanting to see a physical release for.

Yeah I wasn't joking when I said we here were like the most chill group of folks right now when it comes to LRG.  Even as cautious as we are and how completely burned some are to the point that they aren't buying anything until there's enough proof through action that things have improved.   It's going to be a long road for them to build back consumer confidence.

They need to get "communication" back on the list of To Do's to improve as this kind of thing shouldn't even need to be a question.  It should be clear if all the content is on the cart or if this will require some massive download.

Yeah with it being listed as $40 I can see why people would doubt if it was all on cart or not, especially with this being a 32GB required title. The fact a normally slam dunk release like this is getting a lot of eyebrows shows that their reputation for poor communication isn’t helping matters… Hell, some buyers for that TMNT CE didnt seem to know there was an update yesterday until i posted it on a lim print reddit, so who knows if they even email those blog posts to customers.

Also it seems generally in those subs the bigger CE people are waiting on is that KOTOR I Ultra edition since it still seems to be MIA… for better or worse. No updates on that in a while… As soon as the estimated quarter changed over when LRG missed the last deadline, they should have emailed every buyer of that, full stop

Yea, the Switch sub is really displeased, I don't see any meaningful commentary.

What's weirder is people are criticizing the Jurassic Park release not having the SEGA titles, but LRG is partnering with SEGA for releases... So why would they release a subpar product?

Most of the commentary for JP release I've seen is balking that it lacks the Genesis and GameGear titles.

Kudos for getting bigger titles, but it's obviously now the case of actually delivering products within, I'd say, 6 month window or less. Launching product without even a target year and quarter (ex. Q1 2024) is going to stimey trust.

Many new buyers are likely going to get turned away by the older ones at this point.

If they want to grow, which is now their goal since they've sold out, then proof is in the pudding.

I look forward to my two standard editions someday... (Shin Chan and Ara Fell/Rise of the Third Power).

Edit: The limited run sub is full of people grumpy about their Jedi Survivor being late...

Edit 2: People getting mad and saying they're going to buy a digital copy. LRG playing the long game; making physical game buying so painful they actually speed up the demise of physical games. *tap side of head meme.jpeg*

Side note to all of this, I went over to look at the Alien Isolation page, just to see what all is included and make sure there wasn't an update.  I run noscript and adblock+ so I control what runs and how much image tracking is used... and the script side of the site is bonkers.  There are 32 separate scripts being loaded from different locations and 28 items classified as ads by AB+.   I didn't dig into the ads to see what they are if it's tracking stuff or what.   What a mess.  It works, but just a comparison Amazon.com uses 3 main scripts.   Google uses 2 and has 9 ads on the regular search page.  A better comparison was iam8bit which has 21 scripts and 22 ads.  Fangamer is only 5 scripts and 8 ads (also a shopify sight).  Just strange how disjointed and overly complicated the website is coded.

Side note to all of this, I went over to look at the Alien Isolation page, just to see what all is included and make sure there wasn't an update. I run noscript and adblock+ so I control what runs and how much image tracking is used... and the script side of the site is bonkers. There are 32 separate scripts being loaded from different locations and 28 items classified as ads by AB+. I didn't dig into the ads to see what they are if it's tracking stuff or what. What a mess. It works, but just a comparison Amazon.com uses 3 main scripts. Google uses 2 and has 9 ads on the regular search page. A better comparison was iam8bit which has 21 scripts and 22 ads. Fangamer is only 5 scripts and 8 ads (also a shopify sight). Just strange how disjointed and overly complicated the website is coded.
We aren't keeping this version of the site. There is a new one being tested right now that kind of goes back to being more simple and gives us more control on the backend. A lot of us weren't super happy with the new site and noticed some things didn't work as intended.

Alien Isolation will be using a 32GB card so there shouldn't be any downloads required. The game is only 17.8 GB.

We aren't keeping this version of the site. There is a new one being tested right now that kind of goes back to being more simple and gives us more control on the backend. A lot of us weren't super happy with the new site and noticed some things didn't work as intended.
Thank god!!! The new site has been putting a damper on my shopping enjoyment ever since.

Alien Isolation will be using a 32GB card so there shouldn't be any downloads required. The game is only 17.8 GB.
Umm, I don't have a horse in this race because I'm content with my PS4 copy of the game, but ….while it's SUPER cool you're really releasing it, this is a perfect example of how communication could vastly improve.

"there shouldn't be any dl required" sounds …..uncertain. I mean, some people should know for sure, right? Even at this point?

Of course it makes sense that there won't be any requirement looking at the file size, but still.

Same goes for responding to a question about a release with "I think…". At a certain point the CEO and COO can't know all the details for all the games anymore, I get that, but it makes a really odd impression somehow. :) Kind of distanced.

(I also understand that the wording needs to be super safe in a way that LRG can't be sued later on…..peeps in the US apparently love to do that)

Thank god!!! The new site has been putting a damper on my shopping enjoyment ever since.

Umm, I don't have a horse in this race because I'm content with my PS4 copy of the game, but ….while it's SUPER cool you're really releasing it, this is a perfect example of how communication could vastly improve.
"there shouldn't be any dl required" sounds …..uncertain. I mean, some people should know for sure, right? Even at this point?
Of course it makes sense that there won't be any requirement looking at the file size, but still.

Same goes for responding to a question about a release with "I think…". At a certain point the CEO and COO can't know all the details for all the games anymore, I get that, but it makes a really odd impression somehow. :) Kind of distanced.

(I also understand that the wording needs to be super safe in a way that LRG can't be sued later on…..peeps in the US apparently love to do that)
You also cant guarantee a developer wont do some sort if stupid required day 1 patch these days despite the game being a few years old. It's not likely the case, but a good reason to not promise everything before the game is ready to be put on cart.

Excellent, this is just the confirmation I needed.

This one I’ll play devils advocate and side with him hedging his language. You have to understand, there are some super-militant collectors about a release being complete on cartridge, meaning even the slightest patch makes them upset about not having the most complete version on the cart. If they advertised as complete and as was pointed out the developer suddenly launched a new patch, those people would be all over LRG about it.

Personally, if the game is playable, that’s good enough for me. With a 32gb cart it should be playable without that garbage of needing to download additional content just to launch the game.

Given the recent releases that are flat out broken on the cart recently, people are more wary.

I wouldn't call someone a militant collector if they're buying a five year old game ported to a new system and expecting it to be functionally complete.

Other companies besides LRG screw this up, including NIS releasing every Prinny Presents line up with one game being 100% non functional due to a game halting bug.

Holding these companies to a minimum standard it no way militant. Rather, what's the point of a physical release (at a premium cost) if it's not a standalone viable product?

Excellent, this is just the confirmation I needed.

You have to understand, there are some super-militant collectors about a release being complete on cartridge
I'm going to play devils advocate to your devils advocate...

Golf Story (Switch)

Game had a patch from the previous YEAR before the phsyical version was up for preorder. It fixed a major game breaking bug that forced a restart if you encountered it. Game on the cart? Like the original release with the bug in place.

SO the wait for the game got compounded because there was no point in playing when you could be forced to restart... and worse it wasn't registered properly at launch so that the patch could even be downloaded. I think it took a solid month before the patch was available and it was the straw that broke the camels back with me. I got a lot more cautious about my LRG purchases after that since there was no guaranty what version would be on a cart (and initially Golf Story registered as "wrong region").

I do prefer if I'm buying physical that I can at least play the game from the cart.

What would be going above and beyond... if LRG listed what version of a game was going to be printed on the site (and it's release date). That would at least simplify things like this.

Given the recent releases that are flat out broken on the cart recently, people are more wary.

I wouldn't call someone a militant collector if they're buying a five year old game ported to a new system and expecting it to be functionally complete.

Other companies besides LRG screw this up, including NIS releasing every Prinny Presents line up with one game being 100% non functional due to a game halting bug.

Holding these companies to a minimum standard it no way militant. Rather, what's the point of a physical release (at a premium cost) if it's not a standalone viable product?
When I say militant complete cart collectors, I’m talking about a very specific group in the Nintendo Revisions Facebook page. This is a Facebook page that tracks cartridge revisions. There have been posts in the past where people get upset because there are subsequent content releases, ones not even contemplated in the original physical release, who are upset and treat their cartridge like it might as well be put in the trash. Piddly things like alternate subtitles, they’ll admit to never even using in the first place.

It’s not a matter of a functioning game on the cartridge, that I understand and completely side with, it’s people who are so wrapped up the “perfect, complete, physical” release of a game that anything else is an insult to them.

Tell that to Halo Infinite's pointless disc release ...
Tomorrow's e-waste today!

When I say militant complete cart collectors, I’m talking about a very specific group in the Nintendo Revisions Facebook page. This is a Facebook page that tracks cartridge revisions. There have been posts in the past where people get upset because there are subsequent content releases, ones not even contemplated in the original physical release, who are upset and treat their cartridge like it might as well be put in the trash. Piddly things like alternate subtitles, they’ll admit to never even using in the first place.

It’s not a matter of a functioning game on the cartridge, that I understand and completely side with, it’s people who are so wrapped up the “perfect, complete, physical” release of a game that anything else is an insult to them.
That sounds like a Facebook group I'll be joining for the fun; just like the game grading groups I watch!

I also thought you meant issues like Streets of Rage 4; limited print version is sucky in comparison to later retail with the DLC on the cart. Kinda bad faith stuff that puts doubt into your customers if they know they have to wait 18 months for a game, only to get the worst variant.

Tomorrow's e-waste today!

That sounds like a Facebook group I'll be joining for the fun; just like the game grading groups I watch!

I also thought you meant issues like Streets of Rage 4; limited print version is sucky in comparison to later retail with the DLC on the cart. Kinda bad faith stuff that puts doubt into your customers if they know they have to wait 18 months for a game, only to get the worst variant.
Yeah, that frustration can be understandable, along with all the Power Rangers releases, particularly if LRG had any advance knowledge or notice of that being possible.

In this case, Alien Isolation is a nearly 10 year old game at this point, and while it is possible DLC could be added, it doesn’t seem likely at this point.

Anyone else get Jedi Survivor CE?  I got mine today and it came with batteries, but even with new ones I can't get it to turn on.  All youtube videos are worthless and just wave it around without turning it on.

Edit:  It seems it does nothing without a blade which I have on the way.

Are people still randomly getting games without shipping notices? I'd love to know what games, in case it's one I preordered/need to keep an eye out for. 

Are people still randomly getting games without shipping notices? I'd love to know what games, in case it's one I preordered/need to keep an eye out for.
Yep - I received a box from LRG yesterday but I didn't get an e-mail shipping notification beforehand so I had no idea what games were inside.
It turned out to be Shadowman Remastered for PS4 & Switch (Classic Edition).

One of my shipments was KotorR II (switch) and the other was both Shadowrun Trilogy (switch) and Oceanhorn Double pack.

Looking through my outstanding orders, I see I have one out for delivery today that I don't recall getting an email that it had shipped. It's Espgaluda 2 (Switch) and TMNT: Shredder's Revenge (PS4).

GetsuFumaDen: Undying Moon has been on my wishlist for a while and it never dropped below $15 digital.

I've been holding out on this one for so long that I'm super happy its getting a physical release.

Will be ordering this with Trip World DX next week.

Anyone tempted to order the Irem shooter collections from strictly limited games? If you order the box set, then it seems like you won’t get it until 2025 ! as much as LRG drives me nuts with their year long waits, at least they aren’t pulling this stunt.

Does anyone know if the Irem shooter collections will come out via ININ games in the US or via Play Asia? I never want to order from LRG or SLG if I can order form Play Asia instead (for obvious reasons)

bread's done
Back