Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
<snipped>....Before that they used UPS's equivalent, which wasn't much better. When they started they used USPS First Class, and not that that's a paragon of quality, but it was leagues ahead of what we get now.
I think they were forced to stop using USPS because of the volume that they ship

My Castlevania Requiem CE is in the mail locally for delivery today, and once that clears I have 8 remaining items (4 CE/Limited, 4 standard)

KOTOR 1 Master Edition Switch

American Hero PS5

Night Trap PS5 CE

Valis The Phantasm Soldier Collection 2 standard Switch

Shadowrun Trilogy PS5 CE

BloodShore PS4

NeoGeo Pocket Color 2 Selection CE Switch

Who Pressed Mute on Uncle Markus PS4

Last edited by a moderator:
Buddy Simulator is well liked over on Steam, but 35MM seems a bit less of a title to publish. Both not my thing, but looks alright.

I think they were forced to stop using USPS because of the volume that they ship
They did say that, but several USPS drivers over the years have refuted the way they portray it. UPS and DHL offer better bulk/business pricing, so I don't think they were giving us the whole story.

I only order single copies of standard editions and everything I receive is from USPS.

And pretty sure the USPS is not allowed to reject customers.
You are actually getting items that have been shipped most of the way by DHL. USPS just handles the local leg of the delivery. As for not being able to reject customers, I believe the issue was that their small local post office couldn't store and handle the massive volume of what they were attempting to drop off multiple times per week. They had the option to drive it to a larger hub, but ultimately decided to go with different shipping companies instead.

My Castlevania Requiem CE is in the mail locally for delivery today, and once that clears I have 8 remaining items (4 CE/Limited, 4 standard)

KOTOR 1 Master Edition Switch
American Hero PS5
Night Trap PS5 CE
Valis The Phantasm Soldier Collection 2 standard Switch
Shadowrun Trilogy PS5 CE
BloodShore PS4
NeoGeo Pocket Color 2 Selection CE Switch
Who Pressed Mute on Uncle Markus PS4
Got another $5 off coupon in my Castlevania Requiem CE.

It appears even if you deleted your address from LRG’s site completely, long ago and even had support help you change address, you can still get stuff sent there with their new shipping system:

https://www.reddit.com/r/limitedrun/comments/13qau87/shipped_to_older_address_deleted_from_my_profile/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_content=1&utm_term=1

Pretty abhorrent this has gone on for a month
This has been going on quite a bit. Doug said before he left that it was because for some reason the shipping system was pulling billing addresses which are tied to the payment made at the time. So no amount of stuff the shopper can do will fix that. They really need to just stop doing anything until they fix all the current orders and cross reference order and account information even if they have to do it one at a time. Sending to the wrong address like that because of some technical issue is forgivable for like the first week (being generous) when you don't know it's happening, but not remotely acceptable after reports are coming in that there are issues.

https://twitter.com/claricedisc/status/1661683095874199552

Any batsugun fans will have to wait until LRG puts out physical stuff to get it digitally (outside of steam which is available now in the west)

Very *very* annoying to hold the digital ver hostage for a while like this

https://twitter.com/claricedisc/status/1661683095874199552

Any batsugun fans will have to wait until LRG puts out physical stuff to get it digitally (outside of steam which is available now in the west)

Very *very* annoying to hold the digital ver hostage for a while like this
You can also just import it. Play asia says it's in their warehouse for $30

https://www.play-asia.com/batsugun-saturn-tribute-boosted/13/70fzq7

It sounds like they just missed the release on the english/eu version for consoles. The pc version reviews suggest there are still bugs in that version. So, maybe they really are still fixing things. I have no dog in this show though, i don't know if there is anything to localize in these games that could have held things up (or broken something) or if the us/eu version will be identical to the japan version that PA says they have.

As for holding games until a physical is available, that's pretty much the vast majority of games that go to retail. Zelda TotK could have released digitally a couple months ago. I'm not as bothered by that... especially when a game goes to retail as I don't feel like I'm being penalized by wanting a physical version.

Also this:

https://twitter.com/THQNordic/status/1661660949361590278?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1661660949361590278%7Ctwgr%5E90301cce1d21f7ce4ccf1f71954e57d73802c4a3%7Ctwcon%5Es1_

Not sure if it was posted yet but Alien Isolation collection on Switch preorders launch tomorrow.

Probably the number one switch game I’ve wanted a physical version for so far.

No Alan Wake 2 physical. Wonder if that's something LRG or another limited print publisher will be able to rectify in the future
Would love to see someone like Fangamer, SLG, or IAm8Bit take it on. Think it might be too big for most of the others. If they went with LRG we wouldn't see it until 2025 and I would be suspicious of whatever extras they include.

On the note of LRG and Embracer, this doesn't really bode well: https://www.ft.com/content/d4452cb1-c046-4181-9e2c-f1e8e6373285

I don't think LRG's going to implode tomorrow or that they'd be first on the chopping block, but it does make me think that there are going to be cuts in Embracer's teams sooner rather than later.

As long as LRG isn't the Ponzi scheme I think it might be (not literally, just that due to cost increases, they require the funds from new pre-orders to maintain operating revenue), they're likely insulated from the mothership regarding financials.

At least I would think so as they're all "in house" for their publishing.

Now if they needed Embracer bucks to stay cash flow positive before they dig out of their mountain of a backlog, that could be bad, but they could still get by...

It's tough to say how well LRG is doing in isolation for a number of reasons:

• We don't really know what the margins are on their non-standard games.
  • We don't know how much they make from other channels like their distro line on Amazon, partnerships with sites like VGP, physical store, conventions, and so on.
  • It's unclear if operating overhead is scaling (i.e. they invested in new shipping tech but their shipping velocity doesn't seem to indicate an influx of new staff).
I've thought for a long time that they should be in a precarious financial position based on the sales numbers we do have access to via the site's Javascript, but since they're still trucking along they seem to be doing okay at worst. I have a hard time believing Embracer would scoop them up if things were dire, but based on the FT article Embracer may not have the best stewardship so I don't know if I'd die on that hill. Even if it is a Ponzi situation, something like Alien Isolation will keep them trucking along for a while.

As far as what Embracer does, my guess is that it will close/sell something off for the cash flow or tax write-off. But like I said, I don't think LRG would be at the top of that list. Volition would be my guess since it's got higher operating cost from headcount and was almost assuredly one of the key contributors to the "lacklustre reception for certain notable releases" line in the FT article. They have way too many subsidiaries for me to remember though, so it's possible another subsidiary is costing them more or performing worse.

Why are so many people excited for Alien Isolation on switch?  It seems like a game that would be better suited for XB1 or PS4.  I know it came out on PS3 as well though, so maybe it will perform fine on Switch?

What am I missing?

Why are so many people excited for Alien Isolation on switch? It seems like a game that would be better suited for XB1 or PS4. I know it came out on PS3 as well though, so maybe it will perform fine on Switch?

What am I missing?
The optimization for the Switch version actually had the result of it having better performance on Switch than the PS4 and Xb1 releases. Also, it’s Aliens, the fandom is is not huge like Star Wars/Trek but they are dedicated.

That having been said I was all ready to get classic or classic collectors edition but an extra $35 for a steelbook or $100 for that stuff is absolutely not worth it. Regular release will do just fine.

The optimization for the Switch version actually had the result of it having better performance on Switch than the PS4 and Xb1 releases. Also, it’s Aliens, the fandom is is not huge like Star Wars/Trek but they are dedicated.

That having been said I was all ready to get classic or classic collectors edition but an extra $35 for a steelbook or $100 for that stuff is absolutely not worth it. Regular release will do just fine.
I like a good minimalistic design, but the steelbook for this isn't great in my opinion. I don't know. If Embracer is looking to make cuts, even if we speculate that LRG is fine, I might wait and only order when they do their in-stock "sales." I'm still waiting on NGPC Vol. 2 collectors!

But didn’t Alien get at least an XB1X patch, if not a full PS5/series X patch?

No Alan Wake 2 physical. Wonder if that's something LRG or another limited print publisher will be able to rectify in the future
Interesting how Alan Wake 2 gets all the press about this & yet Baldur’s Gate 3 is doing the same thing on PS5 6 weeks earlier & no one has said a thing.

Looking at the Embracer stock... I'd need to see more info on the company but I'm not at all concerned based on the last 5 years of data and looking over the past 5 days and today.  They had a mystery deal evaporate and the stock dropped back to what it was about 3.5 years ago.  I'd monitor it over the next week or two to see how it changes but I think they already hit bottom and starting to recover.  I'm not an investor, but if I were I'd be probably VERY interested in buying right now if I had confidence in their current financials (that is not being stretched too thin or reliant on taking loans to survive).  Buy low, sell high... and they are in that sweet spot where it has potential to make investors some good money.  But the key is letting it build back up and selling when it gets near it's historical high.  Not waiting and expecting the ride up to last forever.

If anyone wants to look at the stock history, Yahoo Finance is surprisingly a solid source (I say surprisingly as I forget Yahoo is still a thing).

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/EMBRAC-B.ST/

But let's say they don't recover, they (Embracer) still has a long way to fall (unless there is a debt situation where they are upside down right now and not generating enough revenue) before anything serious would happen to affect LRG.   LRG is pretty well structured from what we know about it.  As long as they aren't loaning the preorder money out and risking it to where they could lose it... and they aren't using it to pay current expenses ... they should be fine.  They generate revenue and have the division for porting and localizing classic games to what seems to be a pretty high standard.  That will eventually pay off if they get the right games.

Interesting how Alan Wake 2 gets all the press about this & yet Baldur’s Gate 3 is doing the same thing on PS5 6 weeks earlier & no one has said a thing.
I would think Baldur's Gate is more associated with PC, but as far as I can tell the publisher didn't say there was no physical release to keep the price lower. I think it's the reason given for Alan Wake 2 that people are upset and it's getting so much attention rather than it being just digital only (for the moment).

But didn’t Alien get at least an XB1X patch, if not a full PS5/series X patch?
Quick search shows me no PS5 patch and only a frame rate XSX patch so still around 1080p on Xbox. Though I find it hard to believe Switch is better.

I imagine folks on these boards know well enough the direction of digital vs. physical (and the reasons motivating everyone - e.g., costs, control, convenience).

As such, this news is hardly noteworthy for us. These are just more steps/moments as the transition continues.

I think the debate about whether this gen is the last one with disc media is pretty much over.

Doesn't mean there won't ever be some specially curated publishers bringing discs to the market, but writing is on the wall on most publishers bothering with retail copies with their games.

You have to think devs and publishers are running the numbers, and the revenue gain in having retail copies is becoming smaller and smaller compared with selling digital, which cuts out all the production/middleman costs. At some point, it will stop making sense entirely.

Bad news for LRG and all physical media customers because it'll mean charging more for less to make the margins work.

Frankly, I've wondered if LRG's relentless release pace, rising prices, and preorder setup for practically everything are all signs that margins and the consumer base are getting smaller.

No sign any of these trajectories are reversing. If anything, the industry and new/upcoming customers groomed with digital indicate the transition is moving even faster.

That's actually pretty damn impressive... seems like the NS version has a variable resolution between 504p to 720p vs the locked 1080p for the PS4 but in terms of image quality, they use a lot of fancy newer technology and some careful downgrades for the NS version to make it look as good as the PS4 release. NS release also seems to run just as well and has the advantage of no screen tearing vs PS4 which suffers from tearing issues. While it is an early PS4 release, it's also a fairly early NS release. This honestly just seems like a REALLY well done port.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1662850950300573703?s=20[/size]
+ $5 for the cover, donation proceed is $5

Lol, and we still dont have a digital release for this game yet so we dont even know if the port will be up to par. Kinda wish they did something easier like merch shirts or a plush of that GDQ mascot

Yeah that's not cool. Then we as consumers might as well just donate in our own. At least we get the tax credit for the donation and not LRG.

It's like that sock company (mamba? I don't remember) that says they donate a pair for each pair of socks sold. Except they charge the customer for the donated pair. They don't just donate a pair for every purchase.

Lol, and we still dont have a digital release for this game yet so we dont even know if the port will be up to par. Kinda wish they did something easier like merch shirts or a plush of that GDQ mascot
After watching their thing covering the development of it, I think it’s a pretty safe bet that it’ll be a good port. My main issue was opting to play the original in emulation off a ds r4 cart on my new 3ds xl and finishing the whole thing in an evening. I saw most of what the game had to offer as I wasn’t speed running it. IMO, while it’s good for it’s time period released, it’s a big no for me as a physical purchase. I’d consider digital if it were out and under $5, but this is a game that doesn’t have much meat on its bones for all the hype.

I would think Baldur's Gate is more associated with PC, but as far as I can tell the publisher didn't say there was no physical release to keep the price lower. I think it's the reason given for Alan Wake 2 that people are upset and it's getting so much attention rather than it being just digital only (for the moment).
We’re 3 months from release on Baldur’s Gate 3 & there are no physical PS5 copies available anywhere. Even the CE direct from Larian is a code in the box.

Yeah that's not cool. Then we as consumers might as well just donate in our own. At least we get the tax credit for the donation and not LRG.

It's like that sock company (mamba? I don't remember) that says they donate a pair for each pair of socks sold. Except they charge the customer for the donated pair. They don't just donate a pair for every purchase.
Definitely shady, and maybe a bit scummy, but about what I would expect from LRG at this point.

Definitely shady, and maybe a bit scummy, but about what I would expect from LRG at this point.
Perhaps, but it seems rather common. Grocery store asks if I want to donate $ to fight hunger, sports store asks if I want to donate $ to help needy kids get sports gear and so on.

Bombas

Perhaps, but it seems rather common. Grocery store asks if I want to donate $ to fight hunger, sports store asks if I want to donate $ to help needy kids get sports gear and so on.
This is also shady, as companies have used checkout donations to fulfill previously-committed-to charity pledges. CVS got sued for it recently: https://www.yahoo.com/video/cvs-sued-using-customer-donations-165400166.html

I strongly recommend giving directly to charities, using sites like CharityWatch/CharityNavigator, and supporting local orgs for philanthropy. Companies are always acting in their self-interest, and rarely is that self-interest confined to positive publicity.

bread's done
Back