Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
For the distro titles, is there any guarantee that they'll be available outside of Limited Run's website? Or is it better to just bite the bullet and order something if you want it badly enough?
No guarantee. For example, Atari Mania doesn't seem to be available on Amazon or anywhere else.

I've been looking forward to Redemption Reapers for a while. Especially since it has a few former Fire Emblem devs working on it and the recent games have been a little easy.

For the distro titles, is there any guarantee that they'll be available outside of Limited Run's website? Or is it better to just bite the bullet and order something if you want it badly enough?
They usually end up on Amazon, but we have no outlook on how LR is run anymore, so if you want it just pre-order it.

VGP tends to get a lot of LRG games too, they just made a tweet about a new batch today:

https://twitter.com/VideoGamesPlus_/status/1666536271882203137

Redemption Reapers is for sale on Play-Asia as well, I've noticed. There's quite a few games on Limited Run anyways, so it's not a problem to add it to another order. Maybe Alien for the Switch since I've heard some praise for it here.

I had a shipping label generated for my KOTOR I Master Edition on Monday & I’m supposed to get it early next week. Am I in an early or late queue compared to everyone else?

Just letting everybody know some sites have LRG games on sale. I've recently seen LRG games discounted on Woot, Gamefly & as part of Targets b2g1 deal.

Just letting everybody know some sites have LRG games on sale. I've recently seen LRG games discounted on Woot, Gamefly & as part of Targets b2g1 deal.
Yeah the PS4 collector's edition of 'Treasures of the Aegean' is $10 on Woot today. I definitely got that one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny.

Anyway, LRG sent out an update on 'Radiant Silvergun.' I guess the publisher is adding a new chiptune arrangement soundtrack to the game and wants to have it on the physical cart as well (as it should be at this rate). As a bonus for the collectors edition, a new physical CD soundtrack will be added. No ETA though.

has anybody gotten a response back from Aspyr regarding the free Star Wars game for the KOTOR DLC debacle?  

I sent an email with my info with screenshot of my receipt but haven't heard anything from them.

has anybody gotten a response back from Aspyr regarding the free Star Wars game for the KOTOR DLC debacle?

I sent an email with my info with screenshot of my receipt but haven't heard anything from them.
Yes I received my free game. You need to set up an account and submit a support request.

If you sent an email that is probably why you haven't heard back from them.

Funny.

Anyway, LRG sent out an update on 'Radiant Silvergun.' I guess the publisher is adding a new chiptune arrangement soundtrack to the game and wants to have it on the physical cart as well (as it should be at this rate). As a bonus for the collectors edition, a new physical CD soundtrack will be added. No ETA though.
And I have 3 games lumped in with that order…. the least they could do is ship the other games! Now I have 3 games held hostage by that one delayed game. Thanks a lot LRG ! They can spin it like the delays a good thing, but I’d rather not wait another year for the 3 other games that sit in their warehouse.

Still fiddling with my thumbs waiting for a valis vinyl update. Still says Q2 so I’m just waiting for the inevitable delay (but I hope it isnt too far along)

https://twitter.com/DeekeTweak/status/1668500370228760576?s=20

I wonder how, if at all, LRG will be affected.
somehow not shocking after Doug "left" the company abruptly. Im not saying he was let go because of the restructuring, but i think he got a glimpse of what was coming and said "nope" and walked away

Their sales really aren't as strong as the used to be. Even Alien, between all versions, hasn't hit Switch MOQ and that was lauded as a big deal. The most recent Kemco game is sitting around 300 between both versions.

What matters more, though, is how that compares to other portions of their portfolio's profitability. If they're small/cheap enough to run and other parts of their portfolio is hemorrhaging money from being overstaffed or games bombing, I doubt they'd come into focus.

Gee, could LRG selling themselves to Embracer be (one more) poor management decision?

Would that surprise anyone here?

I wonder how, if at all, LRG will be affected.
I can't imagine they escape this. If Doug did know this was coming, extra smart of him to walk when he did. If he didn't walk on his own, I hope the severance was nice$$$$ in addition to the buyout money.

And I have 3 games lumped in with that order…. the least they could do is ship the other games! Now I have 3 games held hostage by that one delayed game. Thanks a lot LRG ! They can spin it like the delays a good thing, but I’d rather not wait another year for the 3 other games that sit in their warehouse.
This is the shortsighted results of being a cheapassgamer when it comes to shipping. Spend less on shipping by bundling items but then you tack on ages for fulfillment if one item (even the smallest part of an individual release) is delayed. I'm all for spending a few bucks less on stuff, but this is kind of all on you for taking the risk.

Seems like the only path forward here is to open a ticket with LRG and see what they offer. Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll just go ahead and fulfill the games they have in your order (or offer you a cheap shipping option)... and hopefully they'll update the order in a way the other game isn't lost to time when it finally shows up. This is why I never bundle purchase with LRG.

My support ticket is 5 days old. I received an automated 'we are busy' email yesterday.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1668666344768778257?s=20
Does this include the DLC? If not I'd rather just buy the digital bundle that includes the DLC. Also I wish this was also releasing on Xbox since I played a lot of it on game pass but wasn't able to finish it.

Does this include the DLC? If not I'd rather just buy the digital bundle that includes the DLC. Also I wish this was also releasing on Xbox since I played a lot of it on game pass but wasn't able to finish it.
They mentioned on Discord it did. Given some of their previous snafus, I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Any word on an 'LRG3' presentation happening this year?
They've said yes but that it will be later than normal (also via Discord).

They mentioned on Discord it did. Given some of their previous snafus, I'd take it with a grain of salt.

They've said yes but that it will be later than normal (also via Discord).
Thanks. They really need to have a better PR person at this company. Not everyone is on their discord and multiple people including myself asked on Twitter if it includes the DLC and we still have not received a response.

I may pick this up on Switch if the DLC is really included but I did get a cheap copy of the digital bundle for Xbox yesterday so I can skip it too. Since its a distro title I just may wait to see if it shows up on retailer web sites.

I'm my opinion every game they put on their web site should receive a blog post with some details on each release.

It should be ready for their social media channels before they post the announcement of the release and the social media posts link to the blog details. Its really simple marketing and PR and it drives more traffic to their web site. They do this sometimes but not enough in my opinion.

It really is astounding how bad they are at basic PR. Even basic item description stuff, like putting what patches are supposed to be included, tracks for soundtracks, or whether a game has a manual would be a huge improvement. The bar is so very low.

My guess is they don't put that level of detail because they don't know. These days, they're putting up pre-orders before there's even a certified version to physically print.

My guess is they don't put that level of detail because they don't know. These days, they're putting up pre-orders before there's even a certified version to physically print.
Iirc josh and the higher ups were the ones who mainly knew that stuff ahead of time, and not all the CS/staff would even know or be aware of what X situation with an item was: just what they were relayed. I noticed for a bit the new CM Lorenz was replying to inquiries on the LRG reddit, but they were so robotic and almost repeated the ETA/info on the site verbatim: would not be surprised if that’s all they know unless a new item physically came into the warehouse or they asked around, but with hundreds of pending items I can see why that’s not viable anymore. Eventually Alena took over with relaying the barebones info on the site on a game ETA, along with the occasional “DM me with your info for help” but even as of lately she abandoned the subreddit too.

Not gonna lie, it just seems to me… that LRG is stuck in this hell of in-hand items being slow to ship and they know it’s gonna take forever to get back to speed again, so until that eventually resolves I dont see them making any further comments or improving their PR/Support in that aspect until they’re not flooded. Still is no excuse for stuff coming without an email though, and I expect my valis vinyl to be delayed to Q3 midway through july

I dislike people using Discord as some replacement for static posting; blogs, forums, etc. exist for long term engagement, not active discourse like a chat room.

Discord as a community tool befuddles me and seems too messy. Guess I'm used to TeamSpeak and Ventrillo for voice chat and forums for coordinating and discussing versus chat room-likes.

A business basing their PR on it is even more flabbergasting.

Make a YouTube video and upload it like other publishers; Devolver is likely similar size to LRG and has their own little show to present products.

Yeah, not joining a discord server to watch a cheesy ass presentation. Hopefully someone that does makes a nice highlights list.

I dislike people using Discord as some replacement for static posting; blogs, forums, etc. exist for long term engagement, not active discourse like a chat room.

Discord as a community tool befuddles me and seems too messy. Guess I'm used to TeamSpeak and Ventrillo for voice chat and forums for coordinating and discussing versus chat room-likes.

Make a YouTube video and upload it like other publishers; Devolver is likely similar size to LRG and has their own little show to present products.
Just to clarify - I meant that in Discord they confirmed it would be happening, albeit later than usual. I presume it would be broadcast in the conventional ways - Twitch, YT, etc.They didn't say it would be broadcast via Discord (and I don't even know if that's possible).

Discord is great for small groups of friends or niche communities but at scale it becomes very unwieldy. Searchability is very bad, and that being the only location for these kinds of updates is baffling.

Yep. Discord as forum-board type chatter is a vehicle for ADD people that prefer to turn others on or off with the flick of a switch, receive instant attention whenever they so deem, and ignore everything else which they don't care about.

It really fits the personality of today's youth. Make things about 'you', and then just depart until the next time. Disposable interaction. Where everyone is supposed to address your subjects, but other members are meaningless.

It's like nonstop in-game chat IRL, with everyone on 'invis'.

I had a shipping label generated for my KOTOR I Master Edition on Monday & I’m supposed to get it early next week. Am I in an early or late queue compared to everyone else?
This arrived for me today & I got a $5 off coupon & 3 5% off coupons, all with unique redemption codes.

They really need to have a better PR person at this company.

I'm my opinion every game they put on their web site should receive a blog post with some details on each release.
They hired a community manager who does the PR. Unfortunately she's been out sick for a while. It's been a few weeks since she's been around, so I hope she's doing well.

They also hired someone to write blog posts. It seems like he's too busy with the books division of LRG to write blogs.

Just to clarify -
Oh that makes sense.

Just in case it's not known though, you can host video calls on discord including screen share. My oldest son and his friends sometimes do that to watch a movie or show together. You can also upload videos and share them to a discord group.

Given some of the assbackwards decisions they make on when and where to reveal information... it wouldn't at all be shocking if they were going to repurpose the video options on discord for that.

bread's done
Back