Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I'm hoping we see some LRG game deals on Prime Day.   I have been eyeing Turtles Shredders Revenge, Unpacking, and Return to Monkey Island.  MI is a pre-order so it probably wont get a discount for a while but maybe some of the other LRG titles will.

Shredders Revenge has had sales at various stores.  It seems quite possible it'll get more even if it doesn't make some prime specific sale.

Shredders Revenge has had sales at various stores. It seems quite possible it'll get more even if it doesn't make some prime specific sale.
I wonder if they'll come out with a second physical release that includes the DLC for Shredder's Revenge like they did with Streets of Rage 4. I just got Shredder's Revenge recently, but haven't opened it yet because I'm guessing this will happen.

I wonder if they'll come out with a second physical release that includes the DLC for Shredder's Revenge like they did with Streets of Rage 4. I just got Shredder's Revenge recently, but haven't opened it yet because I'm guessing this will happen.
While it's possible it'll get an updated release (DotEmu and Nickelodeon involved... like All Star Brawl got an Ultimate version)... I'm just going to play the copy I have and not think too much about it. Especially since they are still working on the DLC.

Got another 5% off coupon with my Who Pressed Mute … on PS4 so now I’m up to four 5% off coupons & two $5 off coupons. Don’t know when I’ll use them.

Wish I were this lucky. :)
Very few things of mine got shipped and none of them had a coupon.
They put a $5 off coupon in with Scott Pilgrim CE and the first Castlevania CE because of the delays & I used them, then I got a $5 off in the second Castlevania earlier this year, but then I got three 5% off & 1 $5 off in my Star Wars KOTOR Master Edition.

Does anyone else think one of the announcements for the LRG stream in a couple weeks is going to be they are the exclusive physical version of the metal gear solid collection? Konami said there was going to be a physical release but it’s not on any of the retailer sites.

Does anyone else think one of the announcements for the LRG stream in a couple weeks is going to be they are the exclusive physical version of the metal gear solid collection? Konami said there was going to be a physical release but it’s not on any of the retailer sites.
If we don't see it pop up anywhere else in the next week, you're probably right.

I really hope they announce some new interesting releases using Carbon Engine and finally announce the Castlevania Advance Collection.  I've been holding off buying that one digital since I know they are going to hopefully release it physically since they did all the previous Konami collections.

I also have my fingers crossed for the Wii Rebirth Collection (Castlevania, Contra and Gradius) on modern hardware.  Anytime they ask about what games you want to see released in Carbon I always say the Rebirth Collection or a Gradius Collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope they announce some new interesting releases using Carbon Engine and finally announce the Castlevania Advance Collection. I've been holding off buying that one digital since I know they are going to hopefully release it physically since they did all the previous Konami collections.

I also have my fingers crossed for the Wii Rebirth Collection (Castlevania, Contra and Gradius) on modern hardware. Anytime they ask about what games you want to see released in Carbon I always say the Rebirth Collection or a Gradius Collection.
yeah this is what im hoping for as well

I highly doubt it because this is coming out in October and I'm sure they want it on shelves for the Christmas shopping season. Word is it's only some of the content on the cart with the bigger games as downloads.

We also don't have DQ Monsters and Star Ocean Second Story R with preorders... yet.

and finally announce the Castlevania Advance Collection. I've been holding off buying that one digital since I know they are going to hopefully release it physically since they did all the previous Konami collections.
Once the Advance Collection gets cheap, I'll probably buy it digital and forget the physical. It's already been $12... it hits like $6 and I'll go that route. I felt stupid buying the anniversary collection and then picking it up for $5 digital. Like, I really didn't "need" it physical and the wait was not worth it.

I highly doubt it because this is coming out in October and I'm sure they want it on shelves for the Christmas shopping season. Word is it's only some of the content on the cart with the bigger games as downloads.

We also don't have DQ Monsters and Star Ocean Second Story R with preorders... yet.
Yeah the MGS collection is definitely a regular retail release. The giveaway being there's a physical Xbox version. And most of the Switch version is download only and not on cart. Star Ocean Second Story R is up for preorder, at least at Best Buy and Amazon.

I saw the Psikyo PS4 libraries available for preorder from GameStop. Little tempted to cancel my LRG order since GS won’t charge me upfront. May have to avoid all Clear River LRG releases going forward.

I wouldn't be surprised if SE went digital-only for DQM in NA and did a SE Asia Physical. That's what they've done with the PS4/Switch SaGa games and seems like their gameplan for Infinity Strash. They almost seem to have a disdain for physicals if the Pixel Remasters were anything to go off of.

I saw the Psikyo PS4 libraries available for preorder from GameStop. Little tempted to cancel my LRG order since GS won’t charge me upfront. May have to avoid all Clear River LRG releases going forward.
Gimmick just went up on amazon as well. Clear River seems to be pretty easy to find outside of LRG and I managed to get snow bros from a mom and pop that way around that game's launch: seems LRG's only really needed for the CEs.

LRG did a new status update today on their blog and uh... It's honestly nothing special at all so I'm not even gonna bother to link it. Just "oh yeah some big CEs are still on track for Q3!" and not a mention of stuff like the Valis Vinyls or the Sam/Max 2 standard edition. It does claim that the shipping bottlenecks should resolve "in the next few weeks" which, based off how frequently I'm seeing people upset on the LRG reddit about in-hand waits lately, probably is too little too late and kinda doubtful to me. Least by the time my Valis record comes in I'll get to see how their new shipping speed/fulfillment works and if it's any better.

I wouldn't be surprised if SE went digital-only for DQM in NA and did a SE Asia Physical. That's what they've done with the PS4/Switch SaGa games and seems like their gameplan for Infinity Strash. They almost seem to have a disdain for physicals if the Pixel Remasters were anything to go off of.
The preorder for Dragon Quest Monsters is already up on Amazon.

Just an update, now approaching almost 4 months to receive a replacement switch case and case art that has been on hand for years.  Amazing.  Customer support is an automated response that states if your order says “ready” you’ll receive tracking when it ships.

Enclave HD, Standard & Collector’s Editions

Standard Editions - The physical builds for the game are still being worked on. The dev estimates them to be done in the coming weeks. Standard Editions should be in our warehouse and begin shipping mid-Q3.
——————————————————
SMH. Stop taking preorders for games that don’t even have a build ready to be printed

Also, still waiting for Axiom Verge CEs to ship that were totally “almost ready” to ship months ago

Wasn't that mentioned in an update a while ago? At least I got an email about it, and my standard shipped about two weeks ago.
I thought it was the other sam max games? But yeah it’s still a bit murky since stuff ships out that isnt visibly changed on the site and vice versa: i assume it’ll be going out soon if that’s the case but who knows about the ce

Enclave HD, Standard & Collector’s Editions
Standard Editions - The physical builds for the game are still being worked on. The dev estimates them to be done in the coming weeks. Standard Editions should be in our warehouse and begin shipping mid-Q3.
——————————————————
SMH. Stop taking preorders for games that don’t even have a build ready to be printed
Also, still waiting for Axiom Verge CEs to ship that were totally “almost ready” to ship months ago
Yeaaaaaah. I wondered that when this went up for preorder, and the same deal with the Boy and his blob compilation. Seems silly to open orders before the digital SKU is even finalized, as that’s how stuff like SLG’s turrican delays happened… seems more safe to put up for order when a finalized build is out on the eShop imo. Though the axiom games are shipping, at least the big combined CE as I saw some folk on reddit getting theirs finally. So hopefully yours comes a few weeks from now.

https://limitedrungames.com/products/valis-the-fantasm-soldier-collection-3-lp-soundtrack

To a complete lack of surprise from me,, I was curious if anything detailed or more in-depth would be added after yesterday with the status of the vinyl (since on Friday it was Q2 2023, which… was already over lol), but nope! Silent bump to Q3 2023.

Guess I’m still in this game until the end of the quarter, unless it gets delayed again which would start approaching Scott Pilgrim Vinyl levels of absurdity.

Limited Run Games did not attend Anime Expo this year.... interesting. They are still going to San Diego Coming Con as they are listed as one of the exhibitors. 

LRG June Update: "Everything's Q3 now guys, for real this time." Can't wait for the September update, "Everything's Q4 now guys, for real this time."

LRG Europe was supposed to be Q2, and the slowdownwas supposed to be Q3. Well-intentioned as Doug may have been before his departure, it doesn't look like things are trending upward as he seemed to believe they would.

To their (partial) credit, the digests are a nice idea. Thusfar the updates within are pretty noncommittal and don't seem to be particularly accurate. But baby steps, I guess?

Shin Chan is likely 100% Doug's doing and is what I'd consider his last hurrah. It comes in the mail today for me.

I wonder if he was the source of the really odd stuffs and now we're just going to see Konami second tier releases and the like more than small games?

LRG June Update: "Everything's Q3 now guys, for real this time." Can't wait for the September update, "Everything's Q4 now guys, for real this time."

LRG Europe was supposed to be Q2, and the slowdownwas supposed to be Q3. Well-intentioned as Doug may have been before his departure, it doesn't look like things are trending upward as he seemed to believe they would.

To their (partial) credit, the digests are a nice idea. Thusfar the updates within are pretty noncommittal and don't seem to be particularly accurate. But baby steps, I guess?
The valis vinyls were in a digest months ago and were basically listed as coming in very soon. Not a single word since then even with their pledge for more status updates. fucking ridiculous honestly. Back when I ordered in Jan 22 I expected around June 23 or so due to the nature of vinyl printing, but this is even past that now and I’m kinda amazed even after being long done with LRG their grip is determined to be on me until the bitter end lol

I dont know why everyone is upset. Was it Doug or Josh that famously said "You will eventually get your  fuck " LMAO

That being said, I think I have 2 games that are over 12 months ......and counting

I guess it can be worse, they can pull a Dispatch Games and run away with my money and everyone else's money. Never to be heard again

I dont know why everyone is upset. Was it Doug or Josh that famously said "You will eventually get your fuck " LMAO

That being said, I think I have 2 games that are over 12 months ......and counting

I guess it can be worse, they can pull a Dispatch Games and run away with my money and everyone else's money. Never to be heard again
Pretty sure that was one of us regulars here.

I dont know why everyone is upset. Was it Doug or Josh that famously said "You will eventually get your fuck " LMAO

I mean, "You'll eventually get your shit" is kind of the LRG mantra.
jFQmmPk.jpg

I started revisiting this thread just in time to witness the blossoming grapevine.

LMAO, my bad

Honestly, at this point, that statement does sound like something LRG is already saying without actually saying it. Like reading between the lines every time they tell us they are fixing the shipping issue
All good, just couldn't resist the meme.

I don't disagree, for what it's worth. I just thought it was funny that practically everything in the latest digest said Q3. It was very optimistic on top of the dates Doug shared for improvements coming and going with no change. We've all been around the block here, but I do feel bad for the new buyers lured in by big names like Star Wars or Castlevania - seems like their social media feeds are almost entirely folks wondering where their orders are anymore.

They shouldn't push Konami/big name stuff until the first batch is in hand and limited pre orders to like 80% of on hand inventory.

Then open pre order the second batch. Die hards FOMO and you get free advertising with people posting pictures. People then sign up for the second batch and you make sure, in size 72 bold font, it says "order to take 4-6 months to arrive."

Make the first pass come with some unique cover or stickers or some shit that's easy to knock out.

Better way to implement those big name games, IMO.

my final order for the LRG website has shipped. Now all my orders are from the retail store because I don't pay shipping and only pay $5 upfront. Anyone complaining needs to just move to North Carolina.

my final order for the LRG website has shipped. Now all my orders are from the retail store because I don't pay shipping and only pay $5 upfront. Anyone complaining needs to just move to North Carolina.
While a good option for those local to it... I feel like there's more of a risk that the store will go under than the website since it operates as a separate business entity.

bread's done
Back