Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Bewilders me how weeks after josh estimated they’d be all “caught up” it seems they didnt even try to make progress on in-hand stuff: my Valis Vinyl is now at week 3 I believe of being in hand but not shipped, and I struggle to guess they would somehow ship these blade runner copies out like… this week or next, like they ideally would.
Congrats though on it at least being in-hand. I know this has been a hell of a long wait.

Bewilders me how weeks after josh estimated they’d be all “caught up” it seems they didnt even try to make progress on in-hand stuff: my Valis Vinyl is now at week 3 I believe of being in hand but not shipped, and I struggle to guess they would somehow ship these blade runner copies out like… this week or next, like they ideally would
I’m now at freaking 5 months to receive merchandise bought directly from their store, that was already in hand, not a preorder.

I’m now at freaking 5 months to receive merchandise bought directly from their store, that was already in hand, not a preorder.
That would make it April/March, and I've definitely known some others who've waited since april for books to ship even STILL, so... Yeah, it's fucking bullshit. I'd argue it's probably the most annoying thing they've done in the past two years, since as least before the irritation was with MOD wait times (Which they generally seem to be getting better at for standard editions). But now that the stuff just rots in a warehouse for who knows how long, it really comes off as obscene. If it wasn't for the vinyl being something I know VGP wouldn't stock later, I'd have long canceled it by now.

Congrats though on it at least being in-hand. I know this has been a hell of a long wait.
From Jan 2022 to July 2023 that would be... 18 months or so of waiting? I'm trying to think if any other item I ordered from LRG has taken that long, honestly. I bought a ton of stuff with pretty long waits but even the BMZ CEs were out quicker. I expected June of 23 when i bought it due to the nature of vinyl pressings, but I didn't have "sudden lack of warehouse skills on my bingo card.

Once it's in my hands and I test it to make sure it was done well, I'll never have to buy anything from that darn website ever again. Nobody will have the dumb excuse of calling me "obsessed" for wanting what i paid for, lol

LRG has a couple hardcover books exclusive to their online store that I want to grab, but it sounds like it's still a 6+ month wait to get them (even though they're in stock). Completely ridiculous 

I'm debating just using the local guys who go to the physical LRG store every week to buy and ship the books. Right now, Amazon only carries the soft cover versions

Once it's in my hands and I test it to make sure it was done well, I'll never have to buy anything from that darn website ever again. Nobody will have the dumb excuse of calling me "obsessed" for wanting what i paid for, lol
It's pretty reasonable to want what you order to be delivered as well as to get pissed when they bait and switch (intentionally or not in failing to update customers) on a physical gameand making it a digital code.

Several months ago I ordered the Virtual Boy and SNES Works books from them and they were shipped and delivered within 2 weeks.  Sounds like things have definitely gone downhill since then.

Several months ago I ordered the Virtual Boy and SNES Works books from them and they were shipped and delivered within 2 weeks. Sounds like things have definitely gone downhill since then.
It’s a cycle with LRG. Things get bad. “We’re gonna do better, we’re making changes” Things actually improve for a little bit and the fervor dies down. Then a few months later it’s right back to where it was.

We’ll probably get another “We’re making changes” update around November/December I’d imagine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got a shipping notification for Shredders Revenge Radical Edition. Which seems weird considering I haven't received my current in stock order for Castlevania which has been on ready status for months. Plus I thought TMNT was supposed to take longer?

I just got a shipping notification for Shredders Revenge Radical Edition. Which seems weird considering I haven't received my current in stock order for Castlevania which has been on ready status for months. Plus I thought TMNT was supposed to take longer?
My TMNT hasn't changed. I got a shipping email recently, but think it's for a different order.

I completely forgot radical editions werent shipped yet. God, I remember when merge dunked on lrg’s wait times and got josh angry at them, and they predicted april then! So even their joke prediction was off mark.

I completely forgot radical editions werent shipped yet. God, I remember when merge dunked on lrg’s wait times and got josh angry at them, and they predicted april then! So even their joke prediction was off mark.
Sure took a long time, but you know what? I'm looking forward to it SO SO MUCH. Easily my gaming purchase of the year. I'm excited like a little girl :D/ :bouncy:
Despite all negativity towards LRG, their products still bring joy to my life.

Sure took a long time, but you know what? I'm looking forward to it SO SO MUCH. Easily my gaming purchase of the year. I'm excited like a little girl :D/ :bouncy:
Despite all negativity towards LRG, their products still bring joy to my life.
hoping it's worth the wait for you! the BMZ 1/2 Ultra CE and Mummy Demastered CEs were worth those waits when I was deep in, and I still kept both of em despite my liquidation a year ago of a bunch of limprints. Curious how that TMNT guide book will turn out.

I'm really starting to wonder if Sam & Max: This Time It's Virtual will ever ship.  I ordered this (along with a few other games - every game was a SE) way back on May 6th 2022.  I have received 1 update, in early June of 2023, that it is still in the build process.  No other info after that.  I knew when I ordered it would take a while but cmon, 15+ months and still not even an ETA??  Damn.

I'll leave it to redrum to post the actual announcement, but LRG is handling the physical release of 'Quake II' that was announced today. It's a $10 digital game, $34.99 physical, but there are two additional editions. The first is $84.99 and comes with the game, steelbook, very basic two-sided poster, a who-cares briefing doc, dog tags and a box. Definitely not worth the price. The $149.99 has even more crap not worth the price.

At least there's a physical Xbox release though...

I'm really starting to wonder if Sam & Max: This Time It's Virtual will ever ship. I ordered this (along with a few other games - every game was a SE) way back on May 6th 2022. I have received 1 update, in early June of 2023, that it is still in the build process. No other info after that. I knew when I ordered it would take a while but cmon, 15+ months and still not even an ETA?? Damn.
My friend is still waiting for sam and max S2 standard. That was opened May of 2022, and it only got in-hand at lrg in may of this year.

Why? No clue. I ordered that too but I canceled it when my BMZ3 CE came the way it did (and I canceled every order but the valis vinyl)

Bundling CE's is just asking for the largest possible delay.  Extending all your items into potential years of delay if one single tiny trinket in any of that is delayed production is something you gotta have mega patience to handle.

I'm really starting to wonder if Sam & Max: This Time It's Virtual will ever ship. I ordered this (along with a few other games - every game was a SE) way back on May 6th 2022. I have received 1 update, in early June of 2023, that it is still in the build process. No other info after that. I knew when I ordered it would take a while but cmon, 15+ months and still not even an ETA?? Damn.
Wait til you get it in 'Ready' production status so you get kinda excited, but then it sits there for month after month. That's where my Feb 25, 2022 order of Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX 2 (PS4) and Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX 2 (Switch) is. Two regular-ass games with nothing else in the order and none are SEs.

My friend is still waiting for sam and max S2 standard. That was opened May of 2022, and it only got in-hand at lrg in may of this year.

Why? No clue. I ordered that too but I canceled it when my BMZ3 CE came the way it did (and I canceled every order but the valis vinyl)
I finally got a shipping confirmation for that a few days ago. Probably the longest I ever waited for them to ship something.

hoping it's worth the wait for you! the BMZ 1/2 Ultra CE and Mummy Demastered CEs were worth those waits when I was deep in, and I still kept both of em despite my liquidation a year ago of a bunch of limprints. Curious how that TMNT guide book will turn out.
Thank you! For BMZ I only have the standards with the optional sleeve but Mummy is indeed really nice.

I'm optimistic TMNT will be all I hope it to be, since quite a few of my favorite pieces in my collection are LRG CEs (like SOR4, Toejam & Earl 4, Thimbleweed Park, Double Dragon Neon despite the strange box interior, Dangun Feveron and recently Sol Cresta which turned out great)

I'm in the same boat of having a sizable order being held up by Sam & Max: This Time It's Virtual. This wait with no updates is pretty ridiculous, I think from now on I'll order their games from Amazon of VGP.

I'm in the same boat of having a sizable order being held up by Sam & Max: This Time It's Virtual. This wait with no updates is pretty ridiculous, I think from now on I'll order their games from Amazon of VGP.
I'm with you there. I am down to 4 outstanding orders with them. I got a shipping email for 1 of the 4 early this month but it took a week for them to get it in the mail after the label was made so I am still waiting. I don't expect to see the other orders for another year or so knowing LRG. I haven't placed a new order in at least 6 months and I don't plan to buy anything else directly from them again.

It's pretty simple really - if they didn't publish so much crap their queues and wait times would be so much shorter. They did this to themselves.

I'm with you there. I am down to 4 outstanding orders with them. I got a shipping email for 1 of the 4 early this month but it took a week for them to get it in the mail after the label was made so I am still waiting. I don't expect to see the other orders for another year or so knowing LRG. I haven't placed a new order in at least 6 months and I don't plan to buy anything else directly from them again.

It's pretty simple really - if they didn't publish so much crap their queues and wait times would be so much shorter. They did this to themselves.
They’re like a restaurant chain that wants to get big but without franchising. Sure their brand is known but their absolute stranglehold on it is going to be the death of them. They need to partner with Amazon, offload some of their projects there. They need to focus on the long term and not see just the possible profit margins of a single game being tied to 8 skus with all the crap that comes with it. 14 skus for Quake 2 is absolutely asinine when they still can’t even sort out sending their shit to the right address…

There’s a dozen things to improve the situation (which they themselves have acknowledged) but still fall right back into. They castlevania situation is an absolute shitshow, they’ve let the stupid god damn skate decks become a meme at this point. They’re a parody of themselves.

I honestly don't think they'd survive if they leaned more onto Amazon.  Yes it would be better for the consumer, but then you also end up cutting demand if there's no time frame limit for the purchase.  Amazon also ends up eating their lunch on fees.  So things wouldn't sell as much, they'd be forced to do more sales, this would push them to cut loose anything questionable for sales.

Huge games that wouldn't have a physical release otherwise are pretty much PC only to me. Of course via LRG, those only have a $75 or higher option with steam key. Hardly 'physical'.

I'll believe these games are big... and these releases are worth it, when we get a list.  These are the same people that think Plumbers Don't Wear Ties was a great thing to buy and make a definitive version of.  Not that I'm against FMV games.  I have some love for that 90's cheese.. especially stuff like Who Shot Johnny Rock? and the Mad Dog Mcree games.

It is telling though when the main dude at the company is saying how mad some people will be that they have to buy it from LRG.  Clearly he understands the market isn't really happy with LRG... but I think he's underestimating how huge a title he'd really need to get some of us back and a taunt like that is more likely to push people further away than reel them back in.

For me it would have to be something Dragon Quest, Xenosaga/Xenogears, or Zelda for the switch.   Probably the main thing they could realistically get that would 100% get me is Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Future Redeemed ... much like how we got Torna as a physical with the rest of the XC2 dlc on a voucher, I'd happily buy that from LRG.  If it's just something I can emulate or already own on a different system... I probably can resist.

I mean, it would have to be big and something I'd buy regardless of how long it took to get produced.  And that's part of the niggle here too... how many games really am I willing to wait six, nine, twelve... twenty months or whatever for a standard release?  Forget the special edition stuff as I'm not at all tempted by that stuff.  Of what is digital only right now... probably just XC3 Future Redeemed.  At one point it would have been Star Ocean First Depature for Switch... but I bought that digital during the last sale for like $10.  So ... I can resist.

Yeah when the main guy is like “i know some people will hate buying this from us” yet does little to fix the in-hand shipping crisis at his own damn company that’s pretty telling to me that nothing will change with him at the helm

for me the only thing I can think of that i'd want a physical copy of is the last steven universe game. But that one wasn't as good as save the light. 

Got 3 orders shipped in the past month... pretty shocking. But then I look at how most of these orders are 1-1.5 yrs old and realize it's really not. 

I'm down to just 4 orders left from 2022 (PS5 CE's on Night Trap and Shadowrun Trilogy, Neo Geo Pocket Vol. 2 CE, and PS5 American Hero) and 1 in 2023, which is Batora that was just ordered last month. Will probably do the big Castlevania Advance CE on XBox to complete the trilogy.

If he's teasing a PS5 Baldur's Gate physical he better hurry up and announce it before I have to settle for a digital copy.

It'd have to be Tales at this point to reel me back in, and Bandai-Namco hates the Tales fandom just enough to do it.

My guess though is something like Persona 3/4. Maybe Like a Dragon (formerly Yakuza) since it seems like that will be digital-only in the West, but there are (supposedly) Asian-English copies coming for that.

Either way, when you have to caveat something you're doing with the fact that people won't like that you're doing it, maybe it's time for some self-reflection.

And on another note, Embracer is due to post earnings on Thursday. According to reporting from Axios their "pruning" is set to be done by October. Oh, and the party that bailed on the $2B deal putting Embracer in crisis mode was the Saudi Wealth Fund (d/b/a Savvy Games). I'm still skeptical LRG will be impacted personally, but the article's a decent read: https://www.axios.com/2023/08/14/saudi-arabia-savvy-games-embracer-group

Tales of wise the only thing I can think of would be a console port of Hearts R which wouldn't be a bad thing given only a few of us here likely own vita/TV variant.

It'd be better for sales just by being not on the vita. Though funnily enough the na version outsold the jpn version I heard which is topsy-turvy.

bread's done
Back