Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Embracer can just fuck right off. This was the only way this would turn out at the rate they were buying things. Companies never have the funds on hand for that, and debt is the only option in this case. They were in it for a quick buck, and it failed. Now all these people are hurting because of a few people's greed.

Embracer can just fuck right off. This was the only way this would turn out at the rate they were buying things. Companies never have the funds on hand for that, and debt is the only option in this case. They were in it for a quick buck, and it failed. Now all these people are hurting because of a few people's greed.
Yep. Acquisitions are almost never a good thing.

Get piggy. Buy all those companies. and then shutter some. Because you over-extended. and had no idea what you were doing.

Just building a portfolio for bullshit "zomg GROWTH" and to appeal to shareholders. It's market manipulation. at the cost of real people's jobs and lives. Now all these people get fired and your parent company blows cawk.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Now all these people are hurting because of a few people's greed."

Yeah both on Embracer's side and the company owners that accepted the big payday.

I think LRG is really overestimating the popularity of Plumbers Dont Wear Ties.  Hell, I like FMV games and am considering the SE.  But they really think people want to buy a LE ($90!) and wait years to get it?  Or even better.. someone is going to buy a poster ($40!!), T-shirt ($30), skate deck ($75), body pillow ($25!), and cassette tape ($15)??  In this economy??  C'mon this is just stupid, even for LRG.  No one is actually buying this junk are they?

I think LRG is really overestimating the popularity of Plumbers Dont Wear Ties. Hell, I like FMV games and am considering the SE. But they really think people want to buy a LE ($90!) and wait years to get it? Or even better.. someone is going to buy a poster ($40!!), T-shirt ($30), skate deck ($75), body pillow ($25!), and cassette tape ($15)?? In this economy?? C'mon this is just stupid, even for LRG. No one is actually buying this junk are they?
They should have printed it like their release of that Hard Hats on Site, or whatever that was awful FMV game was. Think it had limited copies, and this should be very limited too as it's just pure crap. I recommend just watching a playthrough to get your kicks for this game. Just a lot of wasted merchandise for this. I would like a shirt with all the random junk from the game, maybe in a collage format, but that shirt sucks too. Also $35 for the game alone is just laughable too.

I just don't think LRG understands the joke. To think, all the time, money and effort that went into Plumbers when it could've gone to so much else. Like a functioning fulfillment system.

I find it hard to believe they'll ever catch up with the number of unnecessary SKUs they release (ahem...Plumbers Don't Wear Ties...). When every order ends up being a unique combination of products, it's a bitch to streamline your process. And the fact they won't ship until everything from your order is ready means that they're sitting on piles of inventory that can't be shipped out until one random item gets to the warehouse.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/1705242763837526046

Anyway, the "big announcement" he's been teasing will supposedly come out next week

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/1705242763837526046

Anyway, the "big announcement" he's been teasing will supposedly come out next week
And Monday, from the sound of it. (He said on Tuesday that the reveal would be less than one week away, if approvals come through on time.)

I read this page too fast and thought the "trying a lot of new processes and partnerships to figure out how to solve the core problems we face" was the big announcement.

Whatever.  LRG has been talking about "streamlining" and "fixing" its process for what feels like forever now.  I appreciate that the company brings titles out physically that would not otherwise get such releases, and I think that is valuable service/offer -- particularly as the consoles and more and more publishers opt to go digital only (which, btw, looks like it is on a pace faster than most folks thought).

That all said, LRG's timelines are awful and its logistics remain staggeringly poor.  I get it's a small(er) operation, but that doesn't mean it has to be this way.  As others have said, it could slow down on releases for a little while to catch up and clear its bottlenecks, but it has thus far refused to do that. 

It certainly raises questions about whether the business model relies on constantly getting more product in the pipeline, logistics and timelines be damned. 

I'll continue to buy LRG games here/there as they interest me, but no more pre-orders.  I'll stick to their retail partners.  I do worry that LRG is creating a pit it can't crawl out of and that eventually, the bottom will fall out and the company will collapse under its own weight of unfulfilled orders and bad press.  I don't need to tell folks here about Embracer - a parent company that appears to be about as incompetent about managing companies as LRG is about handling customer relations.  All I'll say is that the news about Embracer makes it pretty clear that if LRG runs into problems, Embracer won't be there to help them.  Frankly, Embracer is probably more likely to push LRG straight off the cliff with little/no interest in making sure its customers get what they ordered.

Admittedly, I'm glad I don't have any preorders with them since if that scenario were to happen, those who have orders with them will probably never get them fulfilled.  Bankruptcy protection, as most know, screws pretty much everyone except the highest creditors.

Just be careful who you give interest free loans towards is what I'll say.

They'll eventually get caught up, but only after the bubble has popped. Then they'll be stuck with 826 copies of Plumbers Without Ties or w/e.

Been awhile since I've done dealings with Limited Run so not quite sure how their distro line and Amazon works.

I'm really interested in Sword of the Vagrant and was thinking about picking up a PS4 copy before it goes "out of stock" on their website. But I also see it's a "distro" title, which I know end up on Amazon/VGP, etc.. Is it basically guaranteed I can pick it up on Amazon later with free shipping or is it a crap shoot?

Been awhile since I've done dealings with Limited Run so not quite sure how their distro line and Amazon works.

I'm really interested in Sword of the Vagrant and was thinking about picking up a PS4 copy before it goes "out of stock" on their website. But I also see it's a "distro" title, which I know end up on Amazon/VGP, etc.. Is it basically guaranteed I can pick it up on Amazon later with free shipping or is it a crap shoot?
Its not guaranteed, but most distributed titles have been showing up on their Amazon store.

One of the YouTubers I watch made the joke that since LRG only gets crap games for their retro ports, the next one has to be Superman 64.

That can't happen... right?...

Got a random LRG package in the mail today.  Went to my email and it said I had a package out for delivery at 6:50 this morning and another email that said it was delivered at 2:24 in the afternoon the same day.  Checked my LRG account and apparently, I ordered Night Trap PS5 back on August 18th 2022... 13 months ago. 

I completely forgot that I placed the order.

They refused my request to cancel my order, so I'll have to get my money back the hard way from them.
What method would that be? I'd love to get my money back from that awful company. They charge at the time the order is placed don't they? Otherwise, I probably would go through the hassle of cancelling my credit card. Anyone complaining about LRG can know it CAN get worse - that should be Special Reserve Games' motto.

The best is in their FAQ: "We create rare edition collectibles that sell out quickly, and our production and shipping process is similarly fast. Therefore, we are unfortunately unable to offer cancellations or refunds after purchase. Please order carefully." LOL.

I definitely did learn to order more carefully. I would never order from them again. Not that I think they'll be giving many people the option anyway. It seems like they did a great job of running themselves into the ground.

What method would that be? I'd love to get my money back from that awful company. They charge at the time the order is placed don't they? Otherwise, I probably would go through the hassle of cancelling my credit card. Anyone complaining about LRG can know it CAN get worse - that should be Special Reserve Games' motto.
I paid through PayPal, so I have to wait for it to be shipped, reject the delivery attempt when it happens, then submit for a refund through PayPal once that's been done.

I paid through PayPal, so I have to wait for it to be shipped, reject the delivery attempt when it happens, then submit for a refund through PayPal once that's been done.
I thought PayPal protection was from date of payment, that's what it sounds like based on their wording.

Purchase Protection covers all eligible purchases where PayPal is used, as well as payments made through our website. To take advantage of Purchase Protection, we require, among other things, that PayPal accounts be kept in good standing and ask that a dispute be filed within 180 days of your purchase or payment.

giphy.gif

Finally, something mildly interesting to talk about from LRG.

What're the betting odds for what the games are going to be?

Baldur's Gate 3 would be a pretty large get with lots of poorly-constructed Collector's Edition possibilities.

Lots of LRG games clearanced at Best Buy. Lots of games actually. You can find those in the Best Buy Clearance thread so I'll just post the LRG stuff.

Playstation 4:

Scott Pilgrim Vs The World Complete Edition (Limited Run Games)- $14.99

Zombies Ate My Neighbors/Ghoul Patrol (Limited Run Games) - $14.99

Bloodstained Curse of the Moon 2 $12.99

PS5
Shantae & The Pirates Curse $14.99
Quake - $14.99

Nintendo Switch:

Super Meat Boy Forever - $14.99
Windjammers 2 - $14.99 (reg $34.99)

Also want to highlight Dead Cells Return to Castlevania for $18.99 for Switch. Hell of a deal.

I do believe it got a physical release in Japan. No clue if it had a full english translation, voice acting and subs included or downloadable. I have imported the ace attorney games as they have english included and didn't get physical releases here.

It sounds like it is either a series or a bunch of unconnected games from a Publisher or developer that don't like doing physical releases. I have no I idea what though.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1706352958365954472

Persona was one of my guesses. Seems weird to do a P3P release when there's a (supposedly) better version coming out next year but it is what it is.

One of the spines also says Persona 4 Golden so it seems like that'll be coming in a few weeks.

Edit: A later reply from LRG also confirmed P4G for 10/27.

I don't get why Atlus would feel the need to partner with LRG on this

ETA: Regular is $34.99. Grimoire edition is $69.99 and only comes with a Steelbook and a box. Yikes

Bought both digitally on Switch earlier this year.  For me, it’s a pass.  Don’t see the need to get them physically now that we’re close to the end of the Switch’s lifecycle.  

wow!! a game no one has ever seen or owned physically before!

I wonder who else puts it out for release again now.

gosh I can't wait to pay full price up front and then own old P3 in 18 months!! 

bread's done
Back