Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
If you believe any limited print game is "rare", you need to stop collecting games immediately because you will be declaring bankruptcy, if you haven't already.
I'd also add that if you think just because something is limited means it will be worth money, then you'll also be declaring bankruptcy soon if you don't stop.

There is a market for a standalone HD/4k PS1 player
I'm thinking that this is coming soon from Analogue. 12/03/24 will be the 30th anniversary of the PS1's release in Japan and 9/9/25 would be the 30th anniversary of the US release. I fully expect it on one of those dates.

PS2 with PS2 to HDMI adapter or PS3 makes a great PS1 player.  No it's not 4K but these games aren't going to take advantage of that anyway.  I personally prefer the PS3 just for the default wireless DS3 controller, built in hdmi, and not needing memory cards... though PS2 is slightly faster loading with memory card and controller support.

I wonder how big the market would be with so much hardware already out there available for PS1?

Plus on the emulation side they did release the PS1 classic which is not a bad way to play the games. I grabbed a couple when they dropped to $20 at BB as it was nearly as cheap to get 2 and get free shipping as it was to get 1 and pay shipping.

Similar to the PS2 to HDMI adapater, the Wii2HDMI is a great option for using the Wii on a modern tv for Wii & GC games.

Lol, just noticed my feedback on CAG is 50%.  Looks like some rando crazy person decided last year they didn't like me posting in the LRG thread and questioning the company so they review bombed me.  Interesting they have no user id.

I've done one specific deal here 17 years ago with a dude selling some Dreamcast games.  So it's like it makes any difference, but just shows how crazy some fanatics can be over a company.  My guess is it was Josh.

Lol, just noticed my feedback on CAG is 50%. Looks like some rando crazy person decided last year they didn't like me posting in the LRG thread and questioning the company so they review bombed me. Interesting they have no user id.

I've done one specific deal here 17 years ago with a dude selling some Dreamcast games. So it's like it makes any difference, but just shows how crazy some fanatics can be over a company. My guess is it was Josh.
What's the opposite of review bombing? Because I just gave you a 5 star review for absolutely no reason at all :whistle2:

What's the opposite of review bombing? Because I just gave you a 5 star review for absolutely no reason at all :whistle2:
Review Padding?

I reported the bomber to Admin... though I am not expecting anything. Just found it weird people would be so fanatical over LRG... and it took me a year to even notice.

Sigh...

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1717965697517760595

Like, wtf. This should have been a double pack of the games, like $60 for both 3 and 4 together (so you save $10 buying both). Or like, $80-100 for both games and their steelbooks (a much more reasonable price).

Yeah, I know I'm stupid, I'm just angry. The double pack of the games is currently only $25.66 on the eshop right now and I may just get that, or wait for the standard LRG editions to pop up at Best Buy. They're overcharging for this release so bad because they know it's popular. Thanks so much for partnering with LRG, Atlus. We know you're too tiny of a company to have done these releases yourselves...

EDIT: and yes, I know the whole point here is to have the game physical over digital and of course digital is cheaper, but when you make the physical option so unappealing, don't be surprised when prospective buyers decide that maybe they will just stick with digital instead of handing you a year long plus interest free loan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I don't want any regs banned over this weirdo.  It's been 17 years since my one main deal here.  Crazy to think it's been that long since I was diehard into the DC but at one point I had nearly a full USA set.  It's also just kind of weird it being done in 2022... like who was around at that point that was still that fanatical about LRG?  And I've bought LRG games in the last few years... just not doing that blindly with them.  I'd still buy something from them if they had something I absolutely wanted in my collection.  It's just a matter of the game being worth the hassle.  Like if they get Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Future Redeemed, I'm there direct from LRG day one no questions and not even wondering if it'll show on other retailers.

Lol, just noticed my feedback on CAG is 50%. Looks like some rando crazy person decided last year they didn't like me posting in the LRG thread and questioning the company so they review bombed me. Interesting they have no user id.

I've done one specific deal here 17 years ago with a dude selling some Dreamcast games. So it's like it makes any difference, but just shows how crazy some fanatics can be over a company. My guess is it was Josh.
The review bomber left me a negative and then maybe his other personality left me a positive. Because I have done no trades on here, but have a 50%.

Sigh...

Like, wtf. This should have been a double pack of the games, like $60 for both 3 and 4 together (so you save $10 buying both). Or like, $80-100 for both games and their steelbooks (a much more reasonable price).

Yeah, I know I'm stupid, I'm just angry. The double pack of the games is currently only $25.66 on the eshop right now and I may just get that, or wait for the standard LRG editions to pop up at Best Buy. They're overcharging for this release so bad because they know it's popular. Thanks so much for partnering with LRG, Atlus. We know you're too tiny of a company to have done these releases yourselves...

EDIT: and yes, I know the whole point here is to have the game physical over digital and of course digital is cheaper, but when you make the physical option so unappealing, don't be surprised when prospective buyers decide that maybe they will just stick with digital instead of handing you a year long plus interest free loan.
Just so you know Best Buy and LRG have parted ways. Not surprising because it appears video games are not a main focus at BB going forward. So the Persona games will not be made available there. They will most likely show up at VGP and PNP though. With taxes and shipping being charged at LRG, generally the prices at those Canadian retailers aren’t much different for me.

I personally just own the games digitally and am skipping this release.

Just so you know Best Buy and LRG have parted ways. Not surprising because it appears video games are not a main focus at BB going forward. So the Persona games will not be made available there. They will most likely show up at VGP and PNP though. With taxes and shipping being charged at LRG, generally the prices at those Canadian retailers aren’t much different for me.

I personally just own the games digitally and am skipping this release.
Shoot, thanks for the heads up. I'm out of the loop with LRG since I never followed them that closely to begin with, but I love Persona so LRG is back on my radar. God, this sucks.

It's kind of nice knowing it wasn't just me they were after but pretty much anyone with anything critical to say.
Considering my ongoing dissatisfaction with the handling of P3 and P4, if he's still out there somewhere, then I may be next...

giphy.gif

Shoot, thanks for the heads up. I'm out of the loop with LRG since I never followed them that closely to begin with, but I love Persona so LRG is back on my radar. God, this sucks.
Yeah. It's a bummer but expected. BBY is dropping blus starting next year (instore and online).

Video games can't be far behind. Guessing maybe one more year.

Sigh...

Best Buy & LRG deal ended last year. Your only possibility outside of LRG/grey market is VGP in Canada.

Best Buy & LRG deal ended last year. Your only possibility outside of LRG/grey market is VGP in Canada.
oh wow, didnt know about this. All this time I was just waiting for the games to be released on BB

BB cutting the deal with LRG just sounds like either LRG games werent selling or BB is cutting down on physical media(just like that Walmart rumor which I think Josh started. Not sure if it eventually became true or not)

In reference to the Persona games being available at other retailers Josh mentioned that due to contractual obligations LRG won't be giving a  wholesale discount on these games. This means that if any retailers want to stock them they have to pay full price. If you're planning on getting them elsewhere expect to pay more.

In reference to the Persona games being available at other retailers Josh mentioned that due to contractual obligations LRG won't be giving a wholesale discount on these games. This means that if any retailers want to stock them they have to pay full price. If you're planning on getting them elsewhere expect to pay more.
Josh can say what he wants. If the demand isn't there and LRG has stock it can't move, what is it going to do? Obviously, it'll sell at a discount to unload that stock to retailers.

In reference to the Persona games being available at other retailers Josh mentioned that due to contractual obligations LRG won't be giving a wholesale discount on these games. This means that if any retailers want to stock them they have to pay full price. If you're planning on getting them elsewhere expect to pay more.
"Contractual obligations" translates to "we know people love Persona so no way in hell are any of these suckers getting a deal."

I want Persona, but not bad enough to give LRG an interest free loan.

I'll wait for it to be in stock at the store and pay one of the dudes who does weekly runs to grab 'em. Or find them used down the road.

Eight years and going? I wonder how large their backlog remains since they said they'd be caught up soon.

I want plumbers, but I don't know if I'll still be living in this house by the time they actually print the copies, and I've heard nightmare stories about their customer "support".

I want plumbers, but I don't know if I'll still be living in this house by the time they actually print the copies, and I've heard nightmare stories about their customer "support".
You're the first person I've heard say they want the game. So it might not take too long to print all the copies.

Just a fun update, since I think this might be setting a record, I’m now at over 7 months waiting for an on hand direct purchase, not a pre-order, to ship.  Ready status for over 7 months.  I’ve e-mailed customer service again, very slim chance this could shorten my record setting run, but I’d rather have my item than the acclaim.

Just a fun update, since I think this might be setting a record, I’m now at over 7 months waiting for an on hand direct purchase, not a pre-order, to ship. Ready status for over 7 months. I’ve e-mailed customer service again, very slim chance this could shorten my record setting run, but I’d rather have my item than the acclaim.
Longest an order was ready for me was six months before shipping, though I also have an order right now at four months ready and counting. I honestly think there is a glitch or something that repriortizes orders randomly. I have had multiple orders become ready and ship, while the four month one just sits there.

You're the first person I've heard say they want the game. So it might not take too long to print all the copies.
I'd be curious to know what the actual sales numbers for this game was...

Just a fun update, since I think this might be setting a record, I’m now at over 7 months waiting for an on hand direct purchase, not a pre-order, to ship. Ready status for over 7 months. I’ve e-mailed customer service again, very slim chance this could shorten my record setting run, but I’d rather have my item than the acclaim.
Guessing no luck from CS? Maybe you can tweet them or something, since it seems like that's what some people end up doing for service.

I like adventure games, and weird oddities. And I wanted the documentary that comes with the game, too.
I bet you the documentary gets on YouTube ASAP.

I've had the exact opposite issue; I've only bought standard editions and I get them even before the site says LRG has them on hand.

I fixed the feedback for nightc1.  Please don't leave feedback positive or negative for a person if you didn't complete a trade with them.  Just report the problem.

Thanks.

I fixed the feedback for nightc1. Please don't leave feedback positive or negative for a person if you didn't complete a trade with them. Just report the problem.

Thanks.
Thank you. While it's been ages since I've done a trade and it took me a year to even notice, I might make some use of trading in the future.

WasDM'ing Admin the right route to go or did you just stumble on this? It's so rare I've ever had to report anything here over the past 18 years it caught me off guard what to even do, lol.

Thank you. While it's been ages since I've done a trade and it took me a year to even notice, I might make some use of trading in the future.

WasDM'ing Admin the right route to go or did you just stumble on this? It's so rare I've ever had to report anything here over the past 18 years it caught me off guard what to even do, lol.
You can message a mod or report a post. I along with the other mods got an email because the post was reported for fraudulent feedback.

bread's done
Back