Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
The Kunio Kun/Double Dragon previous release is better and has some of this collection. I own that, but Double Dragon Advance was very good, although in my humble opinion easy and very short. Still it played excellently when I played it years ago. I don't remember Super Double Dragon, and and am sad Double Dragon/Battletoads isn't in the collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saying Double Dragon Advance is probably the best DD game released in the series imo.  The expanded moveset in it & that it kind of meshed DD1 & DD2 levels/enemies made it very fun for me.  Also I just recently went & played a original DD arcade cabinet since it's been a few years.  Despite that something is always faulty with it everytime I go, this time it was the joystick slightly sticking to the right resulting in random headbutts in that direction, I still enjoy it.  Though the wood on the cabinet is starting to really show it's age makes me wonder how much longer it's going to last.

P.S.  Double Dragon 2 also has one of the best boss theme in a game ever :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jggszvbSPK0

So far, all or most of those Clear River ports are getting distributed by Amazon, Best Buy, and Game Stop.  Don't see this being any different.  Although IIRC LRG said numbered releases will be exclusive to pre-orders.  I could have possibly misunderstood to exclusiveness part.  We'll see if this actually is numbered.

Got a shipment notification today for the standard Switch editions of GetsuFumaDen: Undying Moon and Trip World DX.

Looks like the notifications for shipping have finally been fixed.
That is two notifications for shipping in a row with the Last Spell (PS5) that arrived last week.

That leaves me with two open orders one for Castlevania Advance Collection and the other for River City 2, Oceanhorn 2 and Enclave HD.

The only announced game I'm interested in ordering from them in the future is El Shaddai ASCENSION OF THE METATRON HD Remaster. After that I may be completely done with them but we will see.

Got a shipment notification today for the standard Switch editions of GetsuFumaDen: Undying Moon and Trip World DX.

That is two notifications for shipping in a row with the Last Spell (PS5) that arrived last week.

That leaves me with two open orders one for Castlevania Advance Collection and the other for River City 2, Oceanhorn 2 and Enclave HD.

The only announced game I'm interested in ordering from them in the future is El Shaddai ASCENSION OF THE METATRON HD Remaster. After that I may be completely done with them but we will see.
Damn, I've still got like 11 open orders with them... but don't think they have anything upcoming that I for sure want outside of Shantae Advance.

I'm still debating on the Personas... I've been meaning to give P3 another chance for years now (and then P4/5 after) but I just cannot get into them knowing how much of time commitment they need, nor did 3 or 4 ever suck me in within the first 5 hours. But if I ever do have a shot at finishing those, I feel like something I can pick-up and play for a bit is the best option and the NS is a much better option for at home than the PSP or Vita were (bigger screen, more ergonomic).

the best option and the NS is a much better option for at home than the PSP or Vita were (bigger screen, more ergonomic).
If you have a PSTV then that's an option as well for bigger screen and a paired PS3 or PS4 controller.

I have all of these Persona games on PSN... so it's hard to double dip knowing I haven't really made much use of the versions I already bought.

I've mostly stopped buying re-releases of games like this that I haven't really given enough time to and still own on other platforms. Most of the time it didn't really push me to play them. With the big exception being TWEWY after really loving the demo for TWEWY:Neo and waiting for it to release. I stopped playing the ds version at the end of the first chapter and just never went back.

If you have a PSTV then that's an option as well for bigger screen and a paired PS3 or PS4 controller.
I do but that's the same as any console... hooked up to my home set up, in front of my couch. VS handhelds, I can just pick up and play for 15 minutes while taking a break during work, or while just laying in bed, siting outside, etc.

Glad to hear the shipping notices are fixed now.

Damn, I've still got like 11 open orders with them... but don't think they have anything upcoming that I for sure want outside of Shantae Advance.

I'm still debating on the Personas... I've been meaning to give P3 another chance for years now (and then P4/5 after) but I just cannot get into them knowing how much of time commitment they need, nor did 3 or 4 ever suck me in within the first 5 hours. But if I ever do have a shot at finishing those, I feel like something I can pick-up and play for a bit is the best option and the NS is a much better option for at home than the PSP or Vita were (bigger screen, more ergonomic).
Yeah, I'm with you on the Persona games. I pick them up, play a bit, and just have to drop them because of, well, time.

That said, I too am interested in the Persona titles. I don't play handheld so would probably go the PS4 route, but am meandering on whether it's worth it ...

I do but that's the same as any console... hooked up to my home set up, in front of my couch. VS handhelds, I can just pick up and play for 15 minutes while taking a break during work, or while just laying in bed, siting outside, etc.
That's where the vita comes in. :psp:

But I get it. I've re-bought plenty of games like this thinking the newer platform that I was using more would ignite me to finally play and finish one of them or just to keep up the collection in case I finally made the effort I wouldn't have to track any games down. My nostalgia for the series was just playing Revelations: Persona on PS1 and really enjoying going through the corridors of the school. I stopped buying the games with P4:G because I just never finished one of the games (nor the SMT games I was buying on DS/3DS). I tried hard with P3:portable but the main interface being a map didn't really make me feel engaged with the world.

Has anyone gotten Night in the Woods and Return to Monkey Island yet? My order for them has said ready for like 2 or 3 months now. When is this thing going to ship?

I got Monkey Island from Amazon in July. If LRG is still being laissez-faire on cancellations you might try that. I think VGP posted about getting Night in the Woods too but I don't know what platform(s) they got.

There's really no reason to buy directly from LRG anymore. Everything will be available elsewhere and in the time you give them a free loan you could be throwing your money into a 5% CD or something.

That said, I too am interested in the Persona titles. I don't play handheld so would probably go the PS4 route, but am meandering on whether it's worth it ...
If it makes any difference to you, both PS4 and Switch versions run at 1080p/60 fps. No next gen bonuses for PlayStation; seems Xbox got preferential treatment

Looks like LRG's final super-secret 3DS game is just a repackaged version of Shantae and the Pirate's Curse: https://www.reddit.com/r/LimitedPrintGames/comments/17ofvie/from_the_lrg_sub_now_removed_shantae_pc_is_the/

So glad that out of all of the games they could've preserved from the eShop they chose to re-re-re-release a game that another publisher had already printed on that console.
That's, ironically, the one Shantae game I don't have physically anywhere. That said, yeah, if true, there's so many other games that could've gotten a physical release than doing a reprint. Though given LRG's close relationship with Wayforward and Shantae, this shouldn't surprise us.

Man, that's very, very sad. There are games that need a physical more.

This is technically a reprint; is this the first time LRG is publishing a game that already has physical copies in the wild? Shantae is already on a cart.
They did Tetris Effect after the retail release (multiple times now), but the first print run they did had additional modes that weren't on the retail disc (IIRC the additional content was free update stuff though).

Also technically reprinted the 3DS Senran Kagura game but I don't think they branded it as one of their releases, just called a spade a spade a la VGP.

Things like Jak or Destroy All Humans are edge cases - to my knowledge the PS4 games are just straight-up unenhanced ports of the original games for modern consoles and the original PS2 games have physical versions. You could make an argument for them being unique because of the emulation at play but nothing that would impact what I'd consider "normal" gameplay.

There are probably other examples too, that's just what came to mind immediately. They've come a long way from "physical preservation of games is the pillar that Limited Run Games is built on" though.

Oh man... they know I want that and will pay for it and then complain about how I'm still waiting for it for 18-24 months.

Man, that's very, very sad. There are games that need a physical more.

This is technically a reprint; is this the first time LRG is publishing a game that already has physical copies in the wild? Shantae is already on a cart.
They're prob gonna say it's not a reprint since they're packaging it differently (and it might have a diff cover). The standard 3DS release itself was reprinted once- 2nd print is easy to tell because some aspects of the cover's look super low res.

So lame that they are actually reprinting a game as their final 3DS release.
I feel like I've been hearing "the last 3DS" game for years now it feels like. I first though it was supposed to be Atooi Collection, then Fragrant Story, Andro Dunos 2, Shakedown Hawaii and now this.

Funny how this leak happened just before Shakedown Hawaii is about to go up for sale... I said these "leaks" seem kind of intentional before and was told the idea was a conspiracy theory but... I dunno, seems odd to me.

If it makes any difference to you, both PS4 and Switch versions run at 1080p/60 fps. No next gen bonuses for PlayStation; seems Xbox got preferential treatment
Can you explain what you mean by "preferential treatment?" The Xbox versions of these LRG games are the same as the PS4 and Switch titles, right?

Has LRG explained why their Jurassic Park Gameboy standard repros are $64.99 each?  Seems way overpriced.

I might have picked them up if they were $39.99 or under, like their other GB repros have been.

The time commitment is definitely going to be a problem for you since they are not pick up and play type games. But you can drastically cut the playtime down in 3 and to a lesser extent 4 if you are not going for all the social links maxed and full demon compendium. As those are what bloat the game playtimes to triple digits. just doing a few s links in 3 it's about 56 hours long. So p3p would be my recommendation as of the 3 games plus multiple versions its the shortest while also providing some qol improvements from 4 like skill cards and manual control over your party members instead of dumb :censored: fuck ai that will make you rage quit.

Yeah, I'm with you on the Persona games. I pick them up, play a bit, and just have to drop them because of, well, time.

Well if you do decide to get them on console it'd be about the same if you already have them on psp/vitatv since you can play though hooked up to the tv as mentioned prior with a controller. Though I will note that the screen box for p3p is small on a tv when hooked up. I;d say about half the size of a laptops screen. So console may be the better option there. Unless there's a way to adjust the screen size to fill screen or something. But as I mentioned above you can cut down on playtime significantly by just not going for max s links and compendium. As those take up the bulk of the playtimes. While not doing that will cut it down to 56 hours vs 100+ for max links and compendium

That's where the vita comes in. :psp:

But I get it. I've re-bought plenty of games like this thinking the newer platform that I was using more would ignite me to finally play and finish one of them or just to keep up the collection in case I finally made the effort I wouldn't have to track any games down. My nostalgia for the series was just playing Revelations: Persona on PS1 and really enjoying going through the corridors of the school. I stopped buying the games with P4:G because I just never finished one of the games (nor the SMT games I was buying on DS/3DS). I tried hard with P3:portable but the main interface being a map didn't really make me feel engaged with the world.
The only difference is a character model walking around vs a circle when you explore. outside of the dungeon tartarus and other dungeons/battle areas which still have character models. For whatever reason they didn't include the 2 avatar models for outside the dungeons. It's a shame a/esthetically but I didn't feel it had much of an impact as your character model never really does much. Everything is via text windows and text boxes regardless of interactions with few if any animations of interaction.

Depending on the newest versions content you may want to give that one a try over the others if character model is a deciding factor.

The largest thing in 3's favor is unlike 4 and 5 you can buy sodas infinitely from the many many vending machines including 2? inside the dorms themselves. Whereas you were extremely limited on sp recovery in 5 and more in 4 because of them having fewer sodas in the vending machines and perpetually being out of stock. Which never made sense to me but whatever. sp is limited early in so having replenish options helps with dungeon trips where quick jump to heal at the lobby isn't possible.

Has LRG explained why their Jurassic Park Gameboy standard repros are $64.99 each? Seems way overpriced.

I might have picked them up if they were $39.99 or under, like their other GB repros have been.
Not likely. They'd probably blame Universal.

Looking at the Steam reviews, I really call into question, yet again, their choice of digital titles to get a physical release...

FYI, is $1.99 on IndieGala right now for Steam.

Has LRG explained why their Jurassic Park Gameboy standard repros are $64.99 each? Seems way overpriced.

They have an amber color led that lights up. I assume that's driving up the cost of it.

They have an amber color led that lights up. I assume that's driving up the cost of it.
Nope! Only the $100 'Collector's Edition' versions have the LED lights.

I'm a huge Jurassic Park fan but even I think these games are a rip-off - pay $64.99 for repro versions of games I already own or pay an additional $35 for a slipcase, a folded up poster, and a pointless light-up feature?
Hard pass.

That's too bad.  I can see why they'd be axing these companies that aren't bringing any money in and can't wait years more for something to get developed and hope that the fans show up to buy the games (again).

Uh, no. Nuns live in a convent. A commune is where a group of people come together and share everything. Hippies had communes,
hippies-hippy.gif

Why is the nephew in a commune? Aren't those usually for nuns/women? Also reads more like a pron set up.
I've never heard of this game, I know nothing about it, and I have no interest in playing it, but I'm pretty sure the game is either parodying, referencing or giving an alternate take on the Jonestown massacre that happened in Guyana in 1978 -

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/jonestown-massacre-documentary-40-years-drink-kool-aid-jim-jones-what-happened-mass-suicide-cult-guyana-dead-a8232856.html

What's the advantage to just killing a studio instead of selling it off? I bet MS would be happy to throw some money their way for that studio or even Volition which it is too late for.
It's entirely possible they tried to find a buyer... but just didn't so this at least stops them hemorrhaging money to fund it and they still retain the IP which they can sell later or push onto one of their other studios to produce.

What's the advantage to just killing a studio instead of selling it off?
Studios are most valuable when they come with intellectual property. That's why Insomniac went for relative peanuts; the properties associated with their most popular games are owned by other companies.

Embracer is holding onto franchises like Saints Row and Red Faction, which makes a Volition purchase a lot less appealing. You'd be buying real estate (maybe), physical assets like computers and desks and whatever else, and, at least for a while, an already-assembled and experienced team. The most valuable remaining asset is that team, but that's a harder sell, especially when (1) people leave and (2) Volition's last couple of games weren't super well-received...which I blame Embracer for rather than Volition, but whatever.

I hate that this is the way the world works. I liked Agents of Mayhem (and would've loved to have seen a sequel that built on its strengths), and Saints Row was some of the most fun I had gaming last year. I wish someone had been able to snap up Volition. I wish things could've gone the way they deserved under Embracer. But yeah, I do think Volition would've been a tough sell given the situation.

bread's done
Back