Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Studios are most valuable when they come with intellectual property. That's why Insomniac went for relative peanuts; the properties associated with their most popular games are owned by other companies.

Embracer is holding onto franchises like Saints Row and Red Faction, which makes a Volition purchase a lot less appealing. You'd be buying real estate (maybe), physical assets like computers and desks and whatever else, and, at least for a while, an already-assembled and experienced team. The most valuable remaining asset is that team, but that's a harder sell, especially when (1) people leave and (2) Volition's last couple of games weren't super well-received...which I blame Embracer for rather than Volition, but whatever.

I hate that this is the way the world works. I liked Agents of Mayhem (and would've loved to have seen a sequel that built on its strengths), and Saints Row was some of the most fun I had gaming last year. I wish someone had been able to snap up Volition. I wish things could've gone the way they deserved under Embracer. But yeah, I do think Volition would've been a tough sell given the situation.
I liked Saints Row 2023 quite a bit as well. I played it co-op and my friend liked it too. It's annoying when they keep the IP and likely won't use it for years or at all.

I have to say, they seem to actually have changed something to get games out faster. Just since June, I've received 10 games. Besides the Shantae statue, they've caught up to August 2023 for me now. For awhile my unfulfilled pre-orders were back to February 2022. Granted I just order standard editions.

Shoot, thanks for the heads up. I'm out of the loop with LRG since I never followed them that closely to begin with, but I love Persona so LRG is back on my radar. God, this sucks.
Yeah, this was me too. I have no other pending LRG orders, I did decide to bite on P3P for Xbox.

Persona 3 is one of my favorite games, like probably top 5, but I prefer FES, you can emulate a PSP copy and get similar quality as the re-releases, and Reload is coming in a few months as well.

I really wanted the steelbook but I just can't justify $35 for an outer cardboard box and a steelbook. I like them when they're free or $10, $35 is a lot. I finally talked myself out of it by asking "If you only had the standard copy, and saw a steelbook alone you could buy for $35, would you? Hell no"

I own the game digitally on Switch already, so I opted to go Xbox as it's at least a different version and getting the least popular one is appealing in its own counter-culture wannabe hipster way, at least.

Granted, physical on Xbox is usually the worst as well with the disc for smart delivery titles only games the Xbox One version on disc and such. At least they fixed it so if you're offline you can at least PLAY the Xbox One version. Previously the 'smart delivery' would say "Oh this is a Series console and a license for a Series game, you need to connect to the internet to get that version and play this"

I don't know if for smaller file size games like P3P they put both on disc though, but I'm guessing not.

I was also just planning to delay the decision and wait for it to pop up on Amazon or somewhere else later, but then I saw this nonsense:

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1723037879943786925

EDIT:

LRG sent an email after the order, they have already started manufacturing the standard physical version and it is expected to be ready in December of this year, which is a lot faster than usual if they stick with it.

(The Grimoire and SEES editions are estimated Q3 2024)

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh must be sweatin' bullets - I bet orders are not nearly where he hoped they'd be.
Eh. LRG is - for better/worse - the dominant indie publisher so I doubt he's at all concerned.

The publisher seems likely to be the Shout/Kino Lorber equivalent in the gaming space so I would expect more and more big publishers to distribute through them in the future.

I do hope they can get their logistics figured out so that games can be delivered no more than 3-4 months from close of preorders. That's the maximum time I'd be willing to wait.

Josh must be sweatin' bullets - I bet orders are not nearly where he hoped they'd be.
Josh with the money from all our unfulfilled orders right now...

crying-wiping-tears-with-money.gif

They did say they would change their announcements to be closer to product on hand versus pre-order at initial concept release.

So standards should be super fast. Special editions? See you next year.

Not going to fall for the FOMO. If it's like any of their other big releases, they're going to overproduce and you'll find some online later. If they don't give Persona to their partners, they're going to likely piss them off.

And VGP continually gets LRG restocks. Likely crap sitting on the shelves at the physical store. I suppose it's better to let unsold inventory rot on someone else's shelves than your own, as long as it can't be returned.

Josh with the money from all our unfulfilled orders right now...

crying-wiping-tears-with-money.gif
While you're not wrong, I was referring to the fact that this was "his big release" and poor sales might prevent any future Atlus reprints of which he made it sound like he worked hard to do. Hard being a suspect term, yes.

They did say they would change their announcements to be closer to product on hand versus pre-order at initial concept release.

So standards should be super fast. Special editions? See you next year.

Not going to fall for the FOMO. If it's like any of their other big releases, they're going to overproduce and you'll find some online later. If they don't give Persona to their partners, they're going to likely piss them off.

And VGP continually gets LRG restocks. Likely crap sitting on the shelves at the physical store. I suppose it's better to let unsold inventory rot on someone else's shelves than your own, as long as it can't be returned.
Unless LRG is contractually prohibited from selling those Persona games on other retail sites. That's what it sounded like to me based on Josh's tweet.

That won't stop LRG from selling directly, of course. We'll have to see what happens as I agree LRG is printing more than it's presold.

After seeing how quickly the Jurassic Park Collection was produced I asked Josh what is going on with Enclave HD on PS5 since I ordered that one over a year ago.

He replied to my comment with the following statement.

"That was held up due to submission by our partner. Thankfully, We've changed our processes and will no longer put games on sale before submissions are completed. In any case, it's finally in manufacturing and should be ready soon!"

It baffles my mind that I can get a answer for this by complaining to Josh online but they don't keep up with these types of updates and providing this information to their customers on their own web site. That production update page hasn't been updated in a long time.

Unless LRG is contractually prohibited from selling those Persona games on other retail sites. That's what it sounded like to me based on Josh's tweet.

That won't stop LRG from selling directly, of course. We'll have to see what happens as I agree LRG is printing more than it's presold.
"Nothing is limited; everything is gained."

-LeBron or something

Usually when a publisher sells stock to a retailer they do it at bulk at a discount so that the retailer can make some profit and the publisher can sell through more copies. Josh has mentioned that their contract with Sega/Atlus prevents them from offering that discount. So what it means is that the big retailers probably won't bite (LRG stuff is a small, small fish in Amazon's pond) and the smaller "retailers" (LRG calls them partners or something) that do care about niche offerings (VGP, PNP) will have to increase their average markup to make it financially viable to sell the copies.

That to say - Amazon/BestBuy probably won't get this, VGP and the like will, but it will have more of a markup than the $5-$10 they usually tack on.

I will say two things about LRG today:

• I was wrong.   That was a pretty bigtime release.  P3P got me to crack and break and order from LRG for the first time in 2+ years.
  • The customization of your ordering ability is pretty nice.  For a month I was delaying the Grimoire version steelbook purchases.  Because I didn't want to pay that much.  That's a ton of money for no other extras, and a single $35 + shipping steelbook.  But I cannot complain about the $35 standard editions and it was nice of them to offer that $9.99 slipbox.   That's a pretty nice solution for a more moderately priced collectors set, that will still be super nice to own. 
Now I will proceed to be angry as it takes them one year to deliver the slipbox.  :D/

Meh I'll live without owning a 4th version of p3 and a 3rd of p4. Though the p3demake is looking slightly better. But still lame that it isn't a complete package of all 3 versions content. Mc multiweapon from vanilla, the fes content (I don't care about it but other people do) and femc stuff from p3p would be the ideal version.

I'm also still miffed thry didn't get the other vas back for it. Junpei (personanongrata) igor (dead irl iirc) aegis (same as Junpei) and fuuka (retired from acting) aside there was no reason for getting new vas for the entire cast.

Meh I'll live without owning a 4th version of p3 and a 3rd of p4. Though the p3demake is looking slightly better. But still lame that it isn't a complete package of all 3 versions content. Mc multiweapon the fes content (I don't care about it but other people do) and femc stuff from p3p would be the ideal version.

I'm also still miffed thry didn't get the other vas back for it. Junpei (personanongrata) igor (dead irl iirc) aegis (same as Junpei) and fuuka (retired from acting) aside there was no reason for getting new vas for the entire cast.
Agreed, I bought P3P and P4G on Switch digitally when the double pack was on sale for $25.66 a couple weeks ago. I really did like the idea of having them physically, but I just spent the last two years purging a good chunk of my physical collection, so I don't need to be adding things to it unless they're brand new releases, old games I always wanted, or special editions I have to have. And, as much as I liked the collector's editions for these games, I couldn't justify $200 each for them. I have enough garbage clogging up my house.

And yeah, P3 Reload looks like a really nice remake, but the lack of at least The Answer is really disheartening, let alone the FeMC option. I can't stand most of the new voice actors, either. Some of them are just trying way too hard to sound like the originals. Why they didn't get back as many people as they could is something I'll never understand. As you pointed out, only a few roles needed to be replaced. It baffles me.

With all that said, I still have my $60 Gamestop price error pre-order for Reload, because I'm part of the problem lol still thinking of canceling, since it'll hit half that price in no time, but goddammit, it's Persona. I'm a sucker.

Oh I'll probably cave on that version down the road when it hits converted to used or something because persona is one of my favorite series as well. P3p being in my personal top 5/10 list.

Oh I'll probably cave on that version down the road when it hits converted to used or something because persona is one of my favorite series as well. P3p being in my personal top 5/10 list.
I'm that way but with Persona 4 Golden. I love Persona 3 and 5, but I love 4. Probably top 5 game for me, along with the first Xenoblade Chronicles and Zelda Wind Waker.

It's true.  Yukari doesn't sound anything like the way I'll always remember my first wife. 

The other actors sound off a little too.  But I'm still greatly anticipating the new version of the game.  P3 is my fave.  best tone and atmosphere of the whole series.  I hope they didn't fuck with the soundtrack too much.  with unrecognizable orchestral rearrangements.  (yuck!)  I haven't heard much I like in the way of that stuff.  The games were always  celebrated for their original soundtracks. 

EDIT:  It sounds like it's going to stay pretty true to the  original formula, with some slight rearrangement.  So that's good. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSoyVe2V450

Did anyone buy Day of the Tentacle: Remastered, Full Throttle: Remastered, and Grim Fandango: Remastered? If so, you were supposed to get the triangle box based on the game links such as Day of the Tentacle. Guess what they didn't send me!

"If you pre-order Day of the Tentacle: Remastered, Full Throttle: Remastered, AND Grim Fandango: Remastered, you'll receive a retro-inspired triangle box with your order of Grim Fandango"

Awwww, I'm sad no Ps4 physical version. I have every other Shantae game physically on Ps4 and was hoping I could get this one too.

they milk shantae pretty hard so i would just give it time before they put it on ps4 or 5 tbh
They'll list the PS4 version as soon as the NS and GBA pre-orders close (and they have your money).

And after the PS4 pre-orders close, they'll list the PS5 version.

And once the PS5 version preorders close, they'll list it for the 3DS as the very last 3DS game ever.

And once the 3DS preorders close, Embracer will shut down LRG and say none of those preorders could be fulfilled because of market conditions caused by having too many unfulfilled preorders.

They'll list the PS4 version as soon as the NS and GBA pre-orders close (and they have your money).

And after the PS4 pre-orders close, they'll list the PS5 version.

And once the PS5 version preorders close, they'll list it for the 3DS as the very last 3DS game ever.

And once the 3DS preorders close, Embracer will shut down LRG and say none of those preorders could be fulfilled because of market conditions caused by having too many unfulfilled preorders.
This is funny ... but also frighteningly plausible.

they milk shantae pretty hard so i would just give it time before they put it on ps4 or 5 tbh
Yep, it was almost two years between the time they put Shantae up for the Switch and the time they put it up for the PS4/PS5. It'll inevitably happen, they're just going to milk it for all it's worth.

https://twitter.com/WayForward/status/1724487491539906765

It’s coming to other consoles. That was just the trailer from Nintendo’s Indie Direct. Those trailers never list other consoles in them.

The trailer on WayForwards Twitter shows the others consoles.

I'll get a copy during a Steam sale or bundle. They're neat games, but not on the hype bandwagon.

If this were any other publisher, we probably would've gotten a complete Shantae collection on one cart by now. If Annapurna can put a dozen games on a single Switch cart, so can LRG.

If this were any other publisher, we probably would've gotten a complete Shantae collection on one cart by now. If Annapurna can put a dozen games on a single Switch cart, so can LRG.
I wouldn't use the Annapurna collection as a benchmark, considering the $200 price tag.

Noticed VGP is stocking games before they've shipped to direct pre-order consumers.  They've already stocked and sold out of Getsufumaden and I bet my LRG pre-order doesn't show up for another month.

Noticed VGP is stocking games before they've shipped to direct pre-order consumers. They've already stocked and sold out of Getsufumaden and I bet my LRG pre-order doesn't show up for another month.
Did you order the standard or collector's?

I ordered the standard edition of GetsuFumaDen with standard of Trip World DX and I received both last week.

The standard edition of GetsuFumaDen has been in stock for a while now.

Yeah I had standard versions for both of those.  They ship stuff individually right?  Or do they wait until the entire order can be fulfilled?  I just started buying from them this year and haven't received anything yet.

Yeah I had standard versions for both of those. They ship stuff individually right? Or do they wait until the entire order can be fulfilled? I just started buying from them this year and haven't received anything yet.
They wait until the entire order can be fulfilled before they ship. It those are the only two switch games on your order you may want to contact customer service. If you order contains more then you are going to have to wait until every item is ready to ship.

Yeah I had standard versions for both of those. They ship stuff individually right? Or do they wait until the entire order can be fulfilled? I just started buying from them this year and haven't received anything yet.
It's the full order. They aren't big like Amazon and able to pay the difference to ship things as they become available. Let this be a lesson learned for future orders if the wait isn't acceptable. I typically do a single standard game per order and just pay separate shipping so the wait is as short as possible (as single item orders also get shipped before multiple item orders).

bread's done
Back