Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Anyone recommend This Way Madness Lies?
It's another Zeboyd game and Zeboyd is one of my favorite devs. Their other games include Cthulhu Saves the World, Breath of Death VII, Cosmic Star Heroine, and Cthulhu Saves Christmas.

They make consistently quirky, quick, funny, and fun RPGs. I haven't specifically played TWML yet, but it's reviewed well for all of the regular Zeboyd reasons. I'd definitely recommend it if the premise or the type of game sounds interesting, but you can also just get it digital for $10 if LRG is your qualm.

The reviews on This Way Madness Lies are all pretty solid.  The gist I got from them is If you like more parody/comedy type RPG's that poke fun at the genre while still being solid RPG's themselves and also don't want long rpg's but something bite sized you can finish in one day or two (under 10h even on the hardest difficulty)... then this is a solid purchase.

Personally, I'd grab these Zeboyd games digital when they go on sale because I think they are a decent value digital but not something I need a physical copy of for some long term storage.

It's the full order. They aren't big like Amazon and able to pay the difference to ship things as they become available. Let this be a lesson learned for future orders if the wait isn't acceptable. I typically do a single standard game per order and just pay separate shipping so the wait is as short as possible (as single item orders also get shipped before multiple item orders).
Thankfully I haven't ordered any LEs. Don't really mind waiting an extra month or two but the $2 discount may not be worth the wait. Decent chance there's nothing else I want when Tiger Heli preorders open up.

Just preordered DoDonpachi Blissful Death on AmiAmi, should get that one before LRG opens up preorders, assuming they end up publishing that one.

Well, well. I got a shipping notification for my 'Castlevania Advance Collection' and 'Gargoyles' order this morning. It's just the label creation right now, but still, way earlier than I figured. Now if only my orders from over a year ago were ready.

There are some pretty solid deals on the eshop.  Everything Persona.  Finally a decent price on Castlevania Advance Collection.  Scott Pilgrim is cheap.  I might have to buy an eshop card.

Well, well. I got a shipping notification for my 'Castlevania Advance Collection' and 'Gargoyles' order this morning. It's just the label creation right now, but still, way earlier than I figured. Now if only my orders from over a year ago were ready.
My Castlevania GBA Aria of Sorrow version shipped yesterday. Heads up for others.
My Castlevania order has as well. Well as much as I hate to do it I have to give LRG credit on the turn around time on this one is much improved. It seems like they're moderately getting their $#!@ together when it comes to shipping.

Other side of things, this now makes it that I have ZERO outstanding orders for the first time with them since conception.

871pzv.jpg

I used my MS cashback to grab the digital Jurassic Park collection yesterday. I had fun replaying the games and getting all the achievements.

Almost a full day later and most of the convention leftovers are still in stock available for order.
But they couldn't possibly list the games they have at the physical store online for sale ...

Otherwise people might see demand isn't that high for some of this filler shovelware...

I think I'm more surprised they didn't do the blind box bs again this year.
Im sure they have the whole warehouse stacked with Kemco games and you will probably end up with only Kemco games

At this point they should just give them away(random blind blox) with every order lol

I think I'm more surprised they didn't do the blind box bs again this year.
Im sure they have the whole warehouse stacked with Kemco games and you will probably end up with only Kemco games

At this point they should just give them away(random blind blox) with every order lol
I believe in the past few yrs, they did the blind boxes on New Year's Day.

Got a shipping notification for Castlevania Advance Collection yesterday so that leaves me with only one outstanding order with Oceanhorn 2 and River City Girls 2 for Switch being held up by Enclave HD for PS5. I'm almost done. They are definitely getting games out a bit faster than in the past. I hope they can keep it at this pace now and in the future.

Last edited:
I guess Eliminate Down is a very rare game getting a reprint through LRG, so I suppose that's neat, but yet another game people likely already emulate?

And Atari games on three separate carts is literally just a waste of resources; a blatant cash grab. I hope they rot on the shelves and makes LRG stop this bullshit (they can decline publishing this if the rights holder tells them they won't consolidate).

I guess Eliminate Down is a very rare game getting a reprint through LRG, so I suppose that's neat, but yet another game people likely already emulate?

And Atari games on three separate carts is literally just a waste of resources; a blatant cash grab. I hope they rot on the shelves and makes LRG stop this bullshit (they can decline publishing this if the rights holder tells them they won't consolidate).
It's actually worse, its four separate carts...

I just got Atari 50th Anniversary Collection on Switch for $19.99+tax with it's just over 100 games. While I have nostaglia for Atari (and was even a stock holder of a few shares before the Jaguar launched) I'm not the target for these reimagined versions of games. At least not at these prices for physical copies. Maybe for a $2 bucks digital for Yars Recharged (which is $10 normally). That said, I'm sure there are some diehard atari collectors that jump for this stuff. I'm fine with the classic versions and the few that got some minor modern makeovers in the 50th collection.

I just got Atari 50th Anniversary Collection on Switch for $19.99+tax with it's just over 100 games. While I have nostaglia for Atari (and was even a stock holder of a few shares before the Jaguar launched) I'm not the target for these reimagined versions of games. At least not at these prices for physical copies. Maybe for a $2 bucks digital for Yars Recharged (which is $10 normally). That said, I'm sure there are some diehard atari collectors that jump for this stuff. I'm fine with the classic versions and the few that got some minor modern makeovers in the 50th collection.

The Atari 50th is awesome. If you have Amazon Prime/Twitch whatever, they've been giving out the Recharged games as part of the subscription (all games are free to keep) at a pretty good clip. They'll probably all be given out at some point. Obviously that isn't physical.

The Atari 50th is awesome. If you have Amazon Prime/Twitch whatever, they've been giving out the Recharged games as part of the subscription (all games are free to keep) at a pretty good clip. They'll probably all be given out at some point. Obviously that isn't physical.

That's a good option for prime members and well worth noting for pc gamer with prime. I gave up prime a several years ago. I mainly got it during that period they were trying to match Best Buy GCU with the discounts on preorders. Once that last game shipped, I was out because I don't mind waiting an extra couple days for regular free shipping and it's rare I want to order less than $35 worth of stuff.

I think the Aria of Sorrow print run was on the lower end because it's taking a while for mine to arrive compared to other covers i've seen. (i had to make a new account because i lost my previous one when this stupid website decided to get a bad makeover)

I bought the River City Girls 2 variant from their BF sale and it's actually already shipped and looks like it should be delivered tomorrow or Tuesday. I'm shocked.

Well my copy of Castlevania Advance Collection is in their typical shipping hell of processed on Nov27 and should have been delivered today but now says Dec6 but the tracking states it hasn't even been picked up yet. I guess I gave them too much credit.

Ordered a few in-stock books during their BF weekend sale. Will be interesting to see how long it takes them to actually ship. Not holding my breath that I'll see them this year.

Realized the Japanese SUPERDELUXE publisher is actually owned by LRG. Everything makes sense now, including why Play-Asia can't ship them to the US (and probably why they stopped carrying them). Hopefully Radiant Silvergun gets a JP SD release.

I wasn’t specifically keeping track of the Jurassic Park repro cart emails, but I think they’ve sent close a dozen emails on them now. When they go this hard on advertising something it really makes me think it’s not selling well.

In other news, my Jurassic Park collection is shipping, I’m still waiting on my Quake 2 and Castlevania Collection (I really hope it doesn’t fall into one of those ready but not shipping issues again like I had with my Monster Train order). Aside from those, I’m just down to Konami Arcade Collection for open orders.

On the one hand, congrats LRG, it seems like for now you’re mostly doing a better job of getting stuff out the door! On the other hand, thank god I’m almost out from underneath having to worry about a bunch of open/pending orders. So much goodwill burned along the way.

I’m definitely not going to say “I’ll never order from them again”, but it’s certainly weighed in favor of skipping stuff I’m on the fence about (Persona 3 and 4). And let’s be real, despite their claims otherwise, both of those games are gonna be available down the line.

bread's done
Back